PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/37/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' should also bring it up in game

>News
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5763/pc-patch-notes-11-01-2016
Angel City map coming December, late November for preorders

>Whats changed?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Please use spoiler tags when discussing the campaign

>Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pjple5z9Co
youtu.be/zvp5V92fvKY?t=26m31s
youtu.be/qsXbZ6DB0qk?t=321
streamable.com/xshi
titanfall.com/en_us/order/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for Scorch!!!

Call my idea shit OK

Angler Titan | Ogre Chassis
>Primary Weapon: Triple Threat from TF1
9 ammo per magazine
Grenade launcher that fires a horizontal row of 3 grenades
Alternate fire: fires vertical row

>Core
Ferrosphere
Fires a series of blobby ferroliquid magnetic spheres in a short range; they deal constant electric damage, slow, and if many hits landed, blind the target (see the blob gun thing from the Incredibles that captures Mr Incredible when his suit sends out a distress signal)

>Offensive
Harpoon
Fires a short range harpoon that pierces and pulls target titans right in front of it, gibs infantry

>Defensive
Trap Wall
Creates a semicircle wall shortly in front of Angler titan; low HP, enemies can't pass through but teammates can, used to trap hooked targets

>Utility
Fro-zone
Fires a projectile that makes a cloud similar to electric smoke in a circular area, but causes enemies to slow when they contact it; too long reduces them to standing speed and delays pilots from leaping off titan

>Kit Upgrades

Weapon
Magnetized Grenades; also attracted to pilots

Utility
Fro-zone lasts longer.

Defensive
Thunderdome wall boosts damage of shots fired through it.

Core
Fires the ferrosphere in a ring around the angler titan instead of just forward.

Scorch is boring

Scorch is bae! Tone a shit!

Jee that's a really weird way of spelling tone

reposting this shit
>Ion vortex shield now has a different energy meter
>energy regeneration increases over time (its better to dump it all and wait for it to regen than just regen it in small doses)
>switch between normal/alt mode is now instant

>scorch now has 3 charges in his primary instead of 1

>northstar flight is a toggle, flight core gives a shield.

>ronin dashes are replaced by smaller phase shiftes
>sword core can execute, stops the timer while executing
>leadwall alt fire decreases spread (slug mode)

>Tone's tracking rockets now have a 7 second cooldown (marking more targets is better than just spamming q)
>particle wall has a higher cooldown
>salvo core only works on marked targets (basically bigger tracking rockets)

>legion turn rate is slowed while spinning up (similar turn rate as when affected by an arc grenade)

You're just mad at Tone for being too good

Scorch is gimmicky

Am I the only one that enjoys Ion?

>reddit
Talk shit get hit

I kinda liked the titan loadout system of 1 better.

Show off your autism here

chassis denotes amount of dashes + health

> Name Titan | Stryder/Atlas/Ogre Chassis
> Primary Weapon :
Alternate Fire : (if available)

> Core Ability
CORE NAME
DESCRIPTION

> Offensive Ability
OFFENSIVE ABILITY NAME
DESCRIPTION

> Defensive Ability
DEFENSIVE ABILITY NAME
DESCRIPTION

> Utility Ability
UTILITY ABILITY NAME
DESCRIPTION

OPTIONAL SHIT

> Kit Upgrade

Weapon Upgrade
DESCRIPTION

Utility Upgrade
DESCRIPTION

Defensive / Offensive Upgrade
DESCRIPTION

Core Upgrade
DESCRIPTION

I don't miss the arc canon spam at all

I miss the rocket launcher

I miss Ogres having a dash without needing to change perks and shit

He had more points than you

>Atlas
>40 mm
>electric smoke
>rocket salvo
>nuclear ejection

yeah, nah

Reminder that coliseum is the ideal game mode for assravaging Redditors.

Make sure to melee kill them for guaranteed tears

wait, I thought that selected loadout didn't make anything but a cosmetic difference in coliseum

That's right, I just went faster than his mortal mind could comprehend.

>hoy du duy people get mad when they get killed by a cheater, guys!

How do I counter Tone players? All they do is sit behind their little shield and shoot out and by the time I bring the shield down I've been chunked down pretty badly. They also always wait until flame shield or vortex shield is at least halfway used before chugging salvos at me

Is it worth getting the Deluxe Pack? Or should I save myself twenty bucks and get the standard pack of the game?

What do the cosmetic stuff look like? Are the warpaints even worth it or is it just plain ol dumb?

You don't

close the range, use cover, use their shield against them

>your the speedy guy

go for the normal, there is not much in the deluxe pack unless you wanna help EA

So how's the grunt dialogue in this game anyhow? Been listening to some old voice lines from the first game
youtube.com/watch?v=7pjple5z9Co
>1:00

there seems to be a lot less lines for grunts and the titans AI, its a shame i loved the chatter. especially when the titan told an enemy pilot pilot to drop his weapons

youtu.be/zvp5V92fvKY?t=26m31s

Reposting my comprehensive guide on how to beat a Tone as Ion, 1v1
>Get Tone's attention.
>Fall back behind some hard-cover
>Throw down trip mines
>Make sure energy is full for quicker cooldowns
>They throw down sonar to get a first lock on me
>Come following since they know I'm alone
>Trigger trip mines
>Let them get second and third hit
>vortex their missiles
>Return to Sender
>They throw down shield
>I can either keep kiting back and rinse and repeat or use my laser shot/laser core to tear throw the shield tout suite
>Keep throwing trip mines down for damage they can't really do much about aside from not engage
>KEep vortexing their shots

It's shit. I've only heard them asks if there is a friendly pilot in the area, and good, there's a friendly pilot the odds are in our favor.

figured as much.

thanks.

>stomping [RDDT] in the colosseum

Did he overcook his grenade?

oh wow haha what the fuck. i have never seen that happen in titanfall before

yes

wait when did we fight Reddit?

Are we doing it again anytime soon?

I wanna take part in our silly website rivalry meme

I-I'll be friends with the IMC Woman!
Let's grab a pizza and watch TV

i am very hesitant to buy this. will it die on pc in 2 weeks like the first one did?

No

Is there a continuation of the OP picture, by chance?

its already dead
do not believe the lies
luckily, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare™ will have the playerbase to live past the first 20 days.

>AVENGE ME

>TAKE CARE

>LIKE TEARS IN THE RAIN

Nope.
SErvers are still pretty full.
I can even find games for the less popular game modes like CTF most days.

I know you're trolling but I just wanna post the first paragraph from the IGN impressions of CoD
>2016 has been one of the best years for single-player shooter campaigns of the past decade. We’ve seen Doom, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided… and they're all better than Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s campaign. It's a Call of Duty game where you fight in zero-G environments, where you fly a spaceship called a Jackal and have a robot buddy called Ethan who is endearingly written. It should be awesome but it’s mostly slow and plodding, and by the time the pace picks up there’s not enough game left to wash the disappointment of the first two thirds out of your mouth.

I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THE CLOSEST SERVER THAT I CAN CONNECT TO IS ALL THE WAY IN MOTHERFUCKING OREGON???

FUCKING 120 PING PER GAME AVERAGE

>playing Call o Duty: Infinite Cutscene of shit

>avenge me
>welcome back

>Playing on apartment wireless on PS4
>Ping is usually a steady 50
>Recently has been jumping around from 50-2000
This is hell

COD is probably fine if you want a console shooter. If you're on PC is probably the worst choice

Will they ever up the horrendous tickrate and fix the massive lag for projectiles?

But if you just want a realistic shooter, you should go for BF1 (I played the multiplayer for all three).
If you want a movement based multiplayer shooter, go for TF2.

CoD is the weakest this gen, hands down.
It's a shame CS:GO isn't on consoles...bring that rage-yelling to a new level

> Name: Voltage | Atlas Chassis
> Primary Weapon : Arc cannon

> Core Ability
Shock Core
Overload your core, which discharges as a massive electric shock in an AoE around the Titan, scrambling electronics for five seconds and frying enemy pilots on your chassis.
(Basically a much larger and more powerful arc grenade explosion centered on the Titan)

> Offensive Ability
EMP
Fire a targeted electromagnetic pulse, which violently scrambles the systems of Titans caught in its wake (deals some damage and disables the use of Titan abilities for a few seconds) and overloads the helmets and other electronics of pilots, causing death in most cases and severe, but temporary operational hindrance if they survive (minimap is disabled and the pilot experiences visual glitches for a while after being hit)

> Defensive Ability
Redirector
Creates a localized electromagnetic disruption around the titan, causing enemy ordnance to steer clear of it for as long as the ability is active. (Think Fortune from MGS2)

> Utility Ability
Energized Servos
Redirect some of the collected energy from the Titan's capacitors into its servos, increasing movement speed for a while and restoring a dash charge

Can't be arsed to think of the rest right now.

Has there been a general consensus on which gun and secondary loadout is the best?

Which do you use personally?

>this
I hope the devs are watching perk use stats and patch us back to TF1 dash numbers so people actually use the other options.

I live in Utah and Oregon gives me the best ping (50ms) for some reason even though there's an SLC data center.

For some comparison
Game Informer scores:
CoD: Infinite Disappointment
>9
Titanfall 2
>9.5

Gamespot
CoD
>8
TF2
>9

I wager we'll see this trend of "TF2 did it better" across the board for comparisons

I think it'll also help that TF2 now has players online already whereas people would have to buy CoD along with their friends to play it

BF1 is probably less realistic than COD

For me, depends on map and game conditions when I join. Early on, I use a stim class class with a Wingman and an EVA-8 to get to the enemy team as fast as possible, to kill as many enemy pilots as possible.

After that, weapon loadouts are used based on what I think would be most fun at the time.

Why are Ions all shitters

Also why aren't you using the aesthetic banner?

grapple
gravity star/arc grenade if titans are a problem
volt/car gunrunner/fast reload
any antititan that is not the thunder bolt
power cell
low profile

Honestly, right now, no.
You get two camos that are blue and not very remarkable. You can apply them to your titan, pilot, titan weapon, pilot weapon. You also get the Thunderbird nose art for all your titans.

It may come with a special chrome skin as well for each titan but I wasn't sure if that was default or not.

The only things left are early access to the Angel City map and supposedly special reskins of the Scorch and Ion titans due in December(?)

>Respawn HQ
>Guys, let's lower Titan HP, remove recharging shields, fuck, let's make them not even spawn with shields, AND lower their mobility!

if you think titans are too weak I don't know what to tell you

>simply being fire-themed is a gimmick
>Tone's whole lock-on mechanic s not

git gud

The battery system is objectively better.

Oh I totally forgot the call sign, I use the pinup + ogre titan one.
If you like scorch get a preorder code, the red war paint and nose art looks great on scorch

everyone asks this. no, its fine. buy it if you like titanfall

The main reason I'm upset is because they lowered their normal health AND took away a Dash from all of them.

If they had just left Ogres with one dash by default, Atlases with two, etc, I'd be okay with the whole battery system and everything.

you draw that yourself? thats neat. i would say have an ability that disrupts maphack, since maphack is so broken. seems like it would fit that theme

This is what scorch prime supposedly looks like

explain
So I can use your points to tell my friend that he just sucks

What do you mean? Their health is the same as it was in TF1, isn't it? The highest basically.
And wait, only the Ronin and Northstar have dashes?

Nah, it's concept art for the Tesla Troopers in Red Alert 3

Is that a new texture on the front or just a paint job? It looks slightly more angular than the one we have now
Post the rest?

Just git gud and play Ronin and Northstar

You need to actually work for shields now and the Titan vs Pilot dynamic actually exists now. Coordinated pilots can actually pose a real threat against a singled out Titan.

Making the titan frames more class based is also better because you can think about matchups and what's good on what map instead of everyone just using the 40mm

Stealing batteries and leaving your titan to pick them up makes the game way more dynamic and is a real risk/reward situation. You can also do fun stuff like take a battery from a legion and put it on a Ronin for FREE kills.

I would play this titan especially if it looked like a Tesla trooper
RiP in pies Arc Cannon
>Titanfall x C&C never

Its from Command and Conquer

"Prowler" stealth Titan - Stryder Chsis
>Primary Weapon - Tri-Ballista: Relatively quiet ballistic launcher which fires three spears at once with moderate accuracy and a slower rate of fire, or one at a time while ADS for perfect accuracy and a faster rate of fire.
>Core - Stealth Core: Cloaks the chassis, much better than a Pilot's cloak.
>Offensive - Support Drone: Deploy a flying drone armed with a machine gun which does not have very much health but a surprising amount of DPS.
>Defensive - Smokescreen: Launch a projectile that releases a thick, dark cloud of smoke. Enemies which would normally be in your line of sight are highlighted through the cloud.
>Utility - Whisper: All noises become almost completely silent.
Prowler's weapon would have a loading mechanism similar to this: youtu.be/qsXbZ6DB0qk?t=321 (skip to 5:21)

It's a different model.

thats with tone, an obviously overpowered titan

Oh, so they're taking the Warframe approach, are they?

Fuck, imagine Prime Titans were their own entities, identical to their normal counterparts but with different perks.

What about with Ronin, the titan people keep saying is shit

This.

No, Titans in Titanfall 2 seem have a lot less health than they do in Titanfall 1.

Ogre-class Titans do not have a dash at all by default in Titanfall 2, and Atlases only have one.

post shitty sets for when you're just bored and want to goof off

I'm happy enough that Ogres dont have a dash because they get some solid defensive measures that don't require them to sacrifice offensive either. I think that was the intention at least.

As for having less health, it has more to do with the lack of a regenerating shield since, in TF1, you'd get into a scrap, pull away for a bit to regen before you lost too much health, and then try to ambush the same guy again.

My recommendation is to try to grab batteries more often, I kept a Legion alive through an entire match doing that (also by running away from 2v1s when they both had full health).

Really? I'm SLC and I get like 25 ping to the salt lake data center.

>Using an actual scope on the Double-Take

It's like you don't want to cap niggas with it at close range.

considering it seems to have perfectly accurate hipfire 24/7, there's no real loss

Why didn't that run?

?
if you mean "why didn't you run to the ship", i did right after that reload, with another kill on the way too. streamable.com/xshi

titanfall.com/en_us/order/
Look under deluxe and there's a tiny picture of the Ion Prime that I can't zoom the page on from my phone.

Phone post meant to say why didnt they run after you gunned down the two of their dudes

>just went up against another fast guy in coliseum
>win
i feel so dirty

oh, because they were idiots, that's all there is to it really
camping like that is only gonna work against someone who doesn't know how to stop shooting the invincible barrier and start flanking