POORFAG COUPES

Your opinions on Cobalts please. Found a 2010 Cobalt LT with good mileage and all power options for $6000 CAD ($4500 ameribucks). All I want is a cheap coupe with good MPG that isn't old.

How many miles? Is it salvage title?Does it have service records?

Get it. It's not bad. They're like Cavalier, except on a delta body instead of a j-body.

85,054 km, claims to be accident free and the dealership offers a history report

Previous owner put an aftermarket hood, grille and exhaust on it but it doesn't look too ricy

looks good, you can get the factory hood at a junkyard. Is it manual?

Autotragic but I don't really care, it's just for commuting

Omg fuck u emotion feels automatic is SHIT JUST BUY A WASHING MACHINE you not TROO enthusiast wtf u doing here on Veeky Forums power to weight

take your pills user

>$4500 for a piece of shit

thats way too much for a cobalt. I wouldnt pay anything more than 3 k for one, in ANY condition.

Remember, GM designed these things when they were tanking.

expect to replace control arm bushings
power steering motor
ignition if it hasnt been replaced yet
coil or ICM
steering shaft
and fuel lines on salty roads.

"its like a cavalier" only with more quality issues and random part failures before 90k.
If you ask any shop owner, they will tell you that delta platform cars are money pits.

handling is bad, MPG is bad. Don't subject yourself to an inferior vehicle just because it is available. There is a reason you see a bunch of cobalts and ions for sale all the time with low mileage.

get a manual cavalier you dunk

If OP's pic is the Cobalt he's getting, then dealers by law have to fix the ignition recall before selling it. Privately, that's a different story.

Power steering motors haven't been much of an issue from what I've seen in Delta cars. It was a big deal for 05-07 Epsilon cars like the G6 though. Maybe they're similar enough.

My mom had a 2007 HHR (same Delta platform) from 2008-last month, made it 120k miles and it was pretty rough. MPG was shit, like 27, compared to my G6's 25 with a 3.5, and my 91 Trans Am's 22 with a 350. They're boring cars, have their issues, but I wouldn't necessarily say money pits. We liked the HHR for the extra space. She traded it in for a 2011 with 20k miles. They're definitely not bad daily cars when you have a low budget. Just keep your eye on maintaining them

. they are terrible cars for being on a budget.
Don't you ever recommend a delta platform car to anyone. the next person that does gets raped in the mouth.

those cars a FULL of design flaws.
timing chain tensioner failures, coil packs failing, ICM failures, cheap bushings everywhere, steering shafts incorrectly lubed from the factory,

prepare your wallet because you will be on rockauto every ten seconds. shit adds up quick.

Those cars are designed to explode at 130000 miles.

If it's just for commuting wtf cares?
Buy it if you like it

NO. It's a worse car than a civic.

Fuck you, civics are nice.

t. owner of a civic coupe

>gm

Dealer a shit

I paid $5k cad for a v6 accord with 60k miles. It's at 160k miles now running better than when I bought it 4 years ago.

they're alright OP.

Probably get a Camry or Corolla if I were you, they'll last longer, and I'm a GM owner

Shitte car unless you get the SS.
Get the SS :^)

Thats cause youre retarded
>Bad mpg
Must suck not getting 34mpgs
>Iamtalkingoutofmyass.jpeg
The only thing that could use work on mine is the rack and pinion.

t. cobalt sedan owner 15Xk miles.

Where the shit do you guys get your info?
I have a 2008 2.2L sedan LS with 144k miles that I bought at 75k miles, the only thing that needed replacing was the ignition because of the recall, I sheered the A arm off when I was 18 and it cost me like 200ish for a new one and it was an easy install and havent had any problems since then, the dealer I took it to for the recal said I needed work on the rack and pinion but that was 30k miles ago and havent touched it. I get like 33-38mpg on the freeway and 30ish in the city (Manual).
>Bad handling
Well it's not terrible but its an econo box what do you want from it?
Mines made multiple trips from CA to ID and back on weekends with 0 problems also drove it to CO with 140k miles with 0 problems.
What motor OP?

> cobalt sedan owner 15Xk miles.

>What motor OP?
The ad doesn't say but I'm assuming it's the 2.2L, that seems to be the most common one
By the way I'm still open to poorfag coupe suggestions

>No one else can own a cobalt.
>Not even same mileage
Are you even trying Jamal?
I mean if the miles are low enough they're not terrible buys, why not a Focus coupe?

Also owner of a civic coupe.
/comfy/ here

370z. If you see it from the front it kinda look like a GTR.
INB4 you posted the nismo version.

yeah like a poorfag can afford that shit nigga

>Focus

ugly as hell senpai

If you're buying a car for looks instead of mechanical soundness you might be a woman.

My Focus drives so much better than my friends Cobalt coupe, better interior, better steering feel, better brakes, handles much better and isn't nearly as softly sprung. I bought my Focus with 5 miles on it, now at 157k I've only replaced the front brakes, a sway bar endlink and the battery. I'm still on every factory bulb 7 years later.

>If you're buying a car for looks instead of mechanical soundness you might be a woman.
why not both?

>Cobalts not mechanically sound
kek, my G5 was immaculate for the 5 years I drove it

>Was
until the steering locked and an herod into a barrier

I love my two Cobalts, the 2008 LT has 135k miles and the 2010 1LT has 30k miles as of the other day. Had two shitty Cavaliers before these, at least the Cobalt can get you on the freeway, faster 0-60 is probably why slightly less MPG, which I'll gladly trade for the speed. Drove the Cavaliers to over 100k on both, the 1996 or so was a dog that required much work, the 1999 went to 100k miles with nothing more than oil changes and one transmission flush. My 2008 Cobalt had a weak weld come off on one of the transmission lines, only time that car left me at the side of the road, at 120k miles or so, and I theoretically could have driven it home in reverse if I hadn't had it towed. Was a $300 fix on that transmission issue, when I bought the new Cobalt which had been sitting in a police warehouse for five years with 3k miles. All I've ever done is oil changes about every 5,000 miles, the transmission flush at 85k, new platinum spark plugs and belt/chain whatever at 100k. My wife traded in her 2005 V6 Malibu with 165k miles, no serious issues I can recall and now drives a 2012 V6 with 35k or so. Not sure why people dislike Chevy, I'll admit all American cars sucked back in the 1990s but modern ones just don't seem to have mechanical issues, I usually request American cars when renting while travelling.

My cobalt had 150,261mi and was still capable had I not gone off the road at 60mph due to my lack of awareness. They are awesome cars and I clocked 47mpgs doing 70mph on the highway. Good cars that won't let you down.

>Tfw 99mpg display when coasting off 5th gear at 70mph
I lold the first time I saw it

Bought a G5 manual new in 2009, today 120k miles never had to replace anything (other than tires) including breaks. Yes i get them checked annually.

they are basically civic coupes.