Why are purists so fucking cancer?

So a friend of mine has been working on a project car for a while and earlier tonight showed it to us. I thought it was pretty fucking cool considering he did all the work himself.

Our other friend chucked a complete hissy fit and went full JDMMMM BROOO and was a complete fucking asshole.

Ok, here's the story.

>Friend's GF dumps him like a year ago, i tell him he should buy his dream car
>He wants a v8 that handles well and looks nice
>Picks up a cheap NA supra with no engine
>Spends months restoring the body
>Brembo brake upgrade, Forged rims, Nice rubber, Cleans it up of all rust and gives it a paint job

By this time the car's looking really fucking nice and our purist friend is getting excited because he's the literal jdm fanboy meme.

He then puts in a ls with

>Cam, ITB's, head upgrade, 4 in one headers and a few other things (i'm not an expert on v8's or his build)

Anyway so this thing's making 600 NA hp at the wheels, with an amazing powerband. It sounds nice and it sits lower and further behind the front axle, giving better weight distribution, handling and lower center of gravity.

Regardless of if you like v8's, you can appreciate the hard work he put in to actually do this himself.

And then our "Friend" had a complete fucking hissy fit like it's his car. Keep in mind guys, he's a literal bus rider too. He just dreams about JDM cars, but has not owned one since he crashed his 86.

All the actual engineering of how this was great for what my friend wanted (throttle response, powerband, better handling) went right over his head and he just shut down into full JDM BROOO mode.

Anyone else got any stories of purists flipping the fuck out and refusing to listen to logic, when it's not even their car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puErFrsmM5E
youtube.com/watch?v=r57QWRqvpJY
youtube.com/watch?v=lX0MVVX2Nsg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>refusing to listen to logic, when it's not even their car?
Welcome to Veeky Forums, have you ever been here before?

Yea but i figure a lot of that is shitposting.

This was my first time encountering someone doing it in real life. Worst thing to is he was being a complete asshole to a guy who's car saved his life, he was dreaming about doing this for over a year.

He put in so much hard work and it pissed me off to see this busrider having an opinion.

Not even a valid opinion too, he kept spewing crap about the 2jz making 1000hp.

Mate tried to explain to him his goal was a streetable, responsive car that he likes the sound of and handles better (near 100kg lighter in the front end and weight lower down), he's not building this for drags, just to enjoy.

It was just insane, it was like every youtube comment that makes you cringe, in real life. And he actually meant it.

JDM faggots are a miserable lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=puErFrsmM5E

>Pushrods
>Throttle response
I don't think you know what throttle response means. Protip: it's not how fast the car accelerates when you push down the throttle.

Also,
>$13,000 crate engine just to put in a pigfat nipshit melted jellybean

[unsubscribe]

I mean, you hear the phrase "so tired of people doing ls swaps, do something original" but it's such a fucking poser thing to say.

Are you building your car for other people's validation?

LS swaps are a cheap and easy way to get the joy of a v8. Now obviously they're not for everyone, but i understand why people do them. Great aftermarket, it's a decent engine (i won't claim it's the best, but it's pretty good).

And i'm saying this as a ford guy. People really need to relax, if it's not their car.

Are you stupid?

A NA v8 with ITB's is going to respond much faster than a massive single turbo.

I never said a 1000 HP JZ would be responsive. I just pointed out that LSes are notoriously unresponsive. What he should have done was taken the $50,000+ that he's spent on this car and built a pport 3- or 4-rotor FD.

I personally draw the line at stance. If it's negatively impacting the car, i'll make one comment, or internally dislike it...but i won't go full sperglord.

OP's friend's swap makes sense, if he was going for a street car and not a 1000hp dyno monster.

Can't beat low end torque, ITB's, displacement and a nice sound for all around enjoyable factor.

I actually just googled about the engine placement and you're right, it seems to be several inches lower and further in. That would make an amazing change to handling.

I'm actually very curious, can you get your friend to take you for a ride and post back here sometime?

JDM BROOOOOOOOOOOO

Agreed. Purists are the lowest form of car enthusiast. JDM purists are somehow even more pathetic.

If you think the supra is bad, you should see an LS RX-7 FD. People who whine about rotaries are just laughable.

OP here, he's actually spent like 20 grand on the engine.

He did this swap simply because he liked the sound of a v8 and the body of a supra. I can respect that. Here, ls was the cheapest option that was also easy as fuck to wire up.

He found out after that due to engine placement and weight, it would provide massive handling gains (there's a big thread about this on supra forums).

It's actually very responsive, not as responsive as some other v8's i have driven but it's a million times more responsive than a 2jz with big single would ever be.

Power comes QUICK.

He took me for a ride earlier, it handles very well. Far better than any of the turbo supras i've rode in prior.

You would not believe the change lowering the center of gravity makes, it's very noticeable.

So let me get this straight. He should go from a reliable, tons of low end torque, instant response engine....to a rotor that shits itself every 10k miles, laggy as fuck because it needs a single turbo AND does not have the sound the guy wanted?

I mean, ford>GM...but a LS is miles better than a rotary.

Literally MILES better.

You're actually advocating for him to pre-mix his oil and fuel for a fucking rotary, when it's obvious this is not a car for racing, but just driving enjoyment.

What a stupid fucking idea. This is your typical JDM purist.

Don't forget you shave off like 90kg from the front of the supra, a place where weight is notoriously hard to shed.

I'm actually going to do this swap to mine, i'm glad to see other people are doing it.
It's nice just for the sound, but the handling benefits and responsive powerband are icing on the cake.

I wanted to fit a ford coyote in mine, but it's too big and will have funny fitment.

Going to go the LS route since it's just easy. There's even a kit for it, do you know if your mate used the kit or fabbed his own bits?

holy shit those fucking comments

>2jz Better ! But Still Good Job !

>this v8 only added 60lbs to the car id say the v8 was better

>not really the ls produces more power N/A and weighs less than a 2j.

>I'm Still Going With A 2jz ;)

At least there are some rational people in the comments.
Anyway, i agree with everyone here saying you have the right to modify your car. If stance faggots want to put themselves off a cliff, who are we to stop natural selection?

LS swap makes sense of course, because aftermarket support, cheap and v8. It's one of the best v8 swaps out there on a budget.

20 on the engine, 10 on the car, 10 on getting the engine into the car, 10 on odds and ends. He's almost certainly got at least $40,000 into the car unless he's cutting corners and nigger rigging everything, and people who do that don't buy $20,000 built engines.

Once again, JZ engines are garbage and even worse than LSes.

No, I said he should go from an unresponsive NA torque monster that has never won Le Mans to a highly responsive NA torque monster that has.

>inb4 thread devolves into apex seal memeing

Nah, he's got 20 on the engine. ITB's are not cheap.

But remember this is a guy who's doing it because this is what he wants to drive. His GF went full nazi and crashed his last car, so he needed to do something for HIM.

I believe others have stated why the LS is the best option for someone who wants the sound of a v8.

yup after all
you only need 500 and an afternoon

How the fuck is an ITB, high displacement v8 unresponsive?

I know you're shilling for rotaries, but you can't expect us to believe the shit you're spewing.

Also, GM has never won lemans not because of their engines...but because their cars are absolute fucking crap and the only thing they focus on IS the engine.

t. ford fag assmad at people spewing misinformation

>PS: Ford coyote is still a better engine, but i get why he would have chosen a LS due to simplicity here

Realistically it's a bit more if you want to do it quality...but it's still cheaper than throwing in a euro engine and wiring that up.

The real benefit of a LS swap is how easy it is to wire it up.

>le le mans

I'm crying. This is some good shitposting.

>Big turbo engine is more responsive than NA v8 with ITB's

HAHAHA

Do you even know what ITB's do?

What do you think about hemis?

What do you non-purists think of this stanced, flared, SR20DET swapped Alfa Romeo 2000GTV?

Keep in mind he had to cut the original fenders out with a cutting wheel to fit those wheels and flares

No idea, i've only ever delved into ford, GM and euro engines.

The LS was the right pick here for what OP wanted, since it's nice and compact.
Plus easy to wire.

Also, to the guy suggesting ITB's won't be responsive, it's fucking laughable. There's a reason you spend 5k on what's pretty much an intake.

It's not for the minor HP gains, it's for the ability to essentially "preload" air to get sucked in.

They require a fair bit of work to get set up too, but they are worth it if you go that extra mile.

And they sound fucking EXQUISITE.

Anyone who's heard a ITB car in real life knows what i mean, how it just screams like a F1 car.

>20 on the engine
>Nah, he's got 20 on the engine
Yes, that is literally, word for word, exactly what I said.

>What is valvetrain inertia
>What is rotating mass
If GMs engines are so good, why hasn't an LS-powered Norma won Le Mans?

Once again, who said anything about turbos?

Also, I'm not entirely sure you know what ITBs do.

Forgot pic

Or what about this extremely low Ferrari 348? Not even drive able at this point. You non-purists still cool with this?

FUCK

The bodywork is questionable, but the engine is in keeping with the revvy, cammy attitude of the original. Not particularly mad.

Looks stupid but I don't really care. It's not my car. I'm not going to sperg about it like a triggered purist.

Because the cars they get put in are fucking trash?

Have you seen how shit GM cars are? The only redeeming thing is their engines, which respond well to modifications.

I assume that OP's mate used a high lift cam to get the LS nice and rev happy along with those ITB's, which would give it unmatched throttle response for the power when compared to a turbo engine.

Yes, there are better v8's out there....but there's no better v8 to deliver what the LS does, as cheap and easy as it does.

Had he done this with a BMW engine he would be 50grand plus into the swap getting it actually hooked up. Hidden costs and all that.

Yes, because he will put himself in a wall. Why would you not want stance fags to eliminate themselves from the gene pool?

It's because your friend went and fucking stanced it.

youtube.com/watch?v=r57QWRqvpJY

this is what happens when a fucking 4 cyl meets ITB's.
An expensive mod, but my god is that sound worth it.

Let me dig up some more examples.

youtube.com/watch?v=lX0MVVX2Nsg

Where did he say that he stanced it?

>Implying either of those cars actually get driven

My mate did not stance it, in fact the complete opposite. It handles better post-swap.

So what? Don't get me wrong, stance is pathetic.

But for you to actually get angry over something you can't change, to let it control your life...that's even sadder.

Just accept you cannot change these faggots doing this shit and you will be a lot happier.

I'm by no means a purist, I'm just curious what you guys think about these examples

I think it's his right to mutilate the car, since it's his car.

I won't get mad over it since i can't change it and that's a waste of my time.

JDM FAG GTFO