/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>K20 EGs edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>user's update on his newly swapped civic
youtube.com/watch?v=MeQ-Ry0aE-M

>When you smoke the fuck out of a car in your EG with a few simple mods
youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0

>FK2 vs K20 EG
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_gqIe19kU

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

PCD/HFC & Intake picked up this morning in Elizabeth.
Snagged em from a dope dude who came from the upper east side all the way to give me a killer deal.

Can you make a before and after video of how your car sounds?

Don't forget to join the collage or update your photo m80s

>tfw you flash at a 4th gen civic hatch and he flashes back
Feels comfy desu

This car is just beating the shit out of me. Now the rear brakes won't release. I'm just going to clean and overhaul the whole system - stoptech rotors, hawk pads, stainless steel brake lines. Already have all the parts, but I won't have time to do it until Friday which means it sits for another week...

Also, Brother scored some dank junk yard CL rims for the accord

The previous owner of my accord painted the brake calipers red and it looks really tacky. What's a good way to get rid of the paint? Sanding or solvents?

Got my front end raised to the proper height. While taking the wheels off though, I found that my passenger CV boot is busted and the driver one is cracking in four places. Rides much better now, at least. No more scraping my splash guards.

>four pics incoming

Perfect functional height. He scraped entering this parking lot and I didn't. kek

Kek, you guys look like a couple homos kissing lel

That's forbidden love user. Even for cars.

Dropped the CRX off at the shop so he can put it on the lift in the morning, less than a mile from my house. While walking back I saw this.

Maybe you need new calipers too you ricer

Lmao Shingu was it your idea to park the cars like that?

I saw a pristine RSX for sale today. It looked like it was brand new inside and out.

What do you guys think, crazy overpriced or fair starting point for a clean dc5?

Brake fluid or paint thinner. Be careful not to get it on the brake lines.

Yeah, maybe I'll get some will woods. That's what the drifters use right??

Damn I wonder what was the motive

>14k for a 12 year old shitbox
Kek

Or brembos

Is it manual?

How are you posting from the future?

At $200 per meme caliper, I'll settle for cleaning my oem nigger calipers and put the money towards cams or a supercharger instead

Nah his idea. lol

Or buy vatozone rebuilt calipers

Yeah. 6 speed. Black on black.

How much do those go for?

That EG looks so tiny compared to the FK2

Yeah it's crazy. The City should be the current Civic at this point. a current gen Honda City is only 1.9in longer than a fifth gen Civic sedan. The City's wheelbase is even 3.2in shorter than the fifth gen Civic sedan too.

I think he might be gay bro lol

Idk look it up

Well, he does drive a Honda Civic...

Just bought this today. I have officially rejoined the Honda master race after being gone for years.

>playing around in my Civic EX-T
>discover that leaving the car in 'L' low gear mode eliminates 'shifts' and pins the tach at 6K
>do 0-100 runs giggling like a girl at my new toy's hidden talent

how long till I break it doing this?

Congrats user, plan on joining the collage?

How do I do that?

lel he does this with everyone he cruises with.

See:

ah, thanks. I'll get around to it, it's dark out right now

Nice how much?

As long as you're not neutral dropping it should be fine. If anything the motor will out last the trans

But that looks good though not the homosexual distance lel

$1000 and it has 186k miles on it. Noting mechanically wrong from what I can tell.

>I miss my 8th gen Si Coupe

Are you the user who got his life fucked by getting t boned?

Yep. I've since replaced with a 9th gen Si though.

all the work will be worth it brother the probelms will soon pass

>that image

Veeky Forums dies for the tenth time at 13

Where the fuck is /hg/ going?

I didn't check when I bought it, but the key that came with the crx obviously starts the car but it doesn't unlock the doors or hatch. How would I go about getting a new key to be able to unlock the doors/hatch and start the car?

Idunno. Anywhere else would be dead as fuck probably.

Veeky Forums will be just fine...right?

All I can tell is it was hit with a crowbar, or something short reach, and whoever did it took their time if they bothered to walk to the other side and hit it evenly.

How's recovery and how'd you get the. money?

Moot two is just scaring us to get more shekels

>!!8zQs4/gRu9U 10/02/16(Sun)15:56:42 No.15928990▶
>File: 655.jp
My CRX came with 2 keys, one for doors one for ignition...

Mine came with two keys as well, but they were both from a hardware store and opened both doors and ignition.

My supra as well. I heard that's how they did it back in the days

Sucking lots and lots of cocks

Hey can one of you dudes give me the external dimensions of a Honda B20B and the S24A auto tragic transmission in a 1999 CRV?

Also the general engine bay dimensions, and the torque limits of the manual 5 speed in the first gen CRV?

Totally no engine swapping shenanigans going on here.

What are you planning to do and why do you need the dimensions and torque limits?

DUDE

SWAP

LMAO

Is there any particular way to lower an antenna on a CRX? Or just shove it down into the A pillar by hand?

Don't believe they retract at all. Most of them end up breaking. Another option is to swap it for a short stubby antenna.

lol, wtf are you asking... whether or not you have a power antenna?

You don't. It's manual. And don't bend it, or else.

Yea just shove it down by hand. But first, look up if it's even retractable lol

What the hell is wrong with preludes? They are supercheap.

They're fwd lol

Okay, but how are they for hobby cars? Can you add a bit more power? Would they make for a fun trackday car?

Yes and yes

They just don't have the rwd tax which is good

Thanks, I'll consider them more seriously now.

I tried finding it in the owner's manual and it turned up jack shit, hence I asked.

I think retractable antennas were only a thing on Accords and Acuras. EricTheCarGuy recently did a video on fixing his Integra GSR antenna so I'm basically going by what he said.

14 grand, gtfo.

10 grand absolute tops.

Booty

mechadock best dock

>implying that's a type-r

Update on the shitbox hatch, mommy is that a race car edition:

Finally got the new wheels and spec tires on. 15x7 ambit wheels that we got for $275 which are like 12lbs each with 225/45 hancook rs-3s. Also put in a new poly shift linkage with a short shifter.

First autox day went well and we beat out a lot of fast cars. Still need to put the new poly bushings in and re do the seat brackets for a better seating position though.

Anyone know of a faster steering rack for these cars?

Also working on parting out a parts car we got. We pulled the brand new shift linkage off of this car as well as a bunch of stuff like a rywire harness, gsr trans, a blown b16, p72 ecu, and of course everything on the body of the car. The car was $500 but we've already made our money back from just the tail lights and rywire harness. We should easily be able to profit $1000 once everything is gone though while also getting parts like the linkage, way cleaner gauges with a tach, and a nice shift knob.

Even saw a complete crx for $200 on CL but already had this on our hands so just didn't have the space or time to get it.

Wish I cared enough to do the b20 VTEC route but the hatch is fast enough and I'd rather pocket the money.

Sweet! I miss my crx. Got any more details or pics?

After autox with half the number torn off and dirty wheels thanks to the hawk pads.

Picked the car up today.
All of the mechanics were surprised to see it, and really jealous for what I paid for it. The manager said whoever owned it before me loved it a lot. One of the guys told me how he and his buddy used to rip the E-brake and swing the door open to knock trash cans over, and the car was eventually totalled by getting rear ended by a garbage truck that puched the back end so far in the bumper reached the doors. They fixed the wiper fluid pump in the front and checked out the sunroof and AC. The manager said I was in $127 in all, but I went to pay for it and the guy who told me stories knocked it down to $111, almost a perfect split between parts and labor. The one thing they wanted me to do before I park it for winter would be to have the timing belt checked. All in all they were really nice guys and I'll be glad to give them my business.

bitch b20s will fit into anything

Sup /hg/, TSX br/o/ here. My girlfriend just bought a FG1 Civic and wants to be a part of the Honda famalam. Is it cool if we add her car to the collage? She's trying to get more into cars so I'm trying to get her to be a part of this board. I got a giant Tepig on her car for verification.

thats an fa1

Heres the pic she took for the collage. It's a 2006 FG1 Honda Civic.

Wow I'm retarded I meant FA1.

Anyone know a lockable glove box that would fit in a 91 crx?

It's a gs, plan to turn it into a gsr clone

oh baby

Say what you want about the 9th gen civic, but the refreshed 9th gen SIs are sexy as fuck.

>tfw saw another one on the road today and wished I had one

Well, technically it retracts to an extent, kinda like one would on a remote for a toy plane or helicopter. Pushing harder when it's at pictured length doesn't make it go farther though.

Which shop? I'm in MN too and every shop I've been to is full of dingus. Would be cool to have a good one to fall back on next time I jack up my motor

Oscar Auto Body in Minneapolis is good for body work though

Apparently, we're attracting shitheads to work at Papa John's.

First the guy who had no work ethic and wrote his own tips, which created a lawsuit and got him fired, now we have this fuccboi, who drives a Mustang convertible, and doesn't seem to follow any of the rules - he parks behind people and in handicap spots, he pulls pizzas off the oven and never cuts them... just lets them get cold, and he bitches when he has to clean or take another delivery when its close to when his shift is supposed to end.

I would love to pour brake fluid on his hood.

Anyway, I've driven my Accord 20,000 miles ever since getting it in May.

I bet your boss is like mine and hires anybody that applies. We've go through about 20+ employees a year.

Oh that's pretty cool. The antenna in my EG sedan was broken when I got it. The one in my hatch is completely done and replaced with a block off plate. lel

>went to the gas station because running low
>Holy shit a type R converted 8th gen Civic sedan
>back door opens
>it's my old co-worker
>he's riding to go pick up an EK hatch with a B16 in Pensacola, FL

Was so nice but I forgot to get a pic. It's funny because he drove a Silverado when he worked at Pizza Hut.

inb4 kill yourself

Being a rural southerner, I want to do something different with my autotragic 00 integra and buck the curve. I'm thinking 02-06 CR-V (K24A1) manual swap for powertrain. No intention to mod or tune, I want it reliable and want PS/AC creature comforts. As far as that's concerned that looks pretty doable with a couple of different companies' K-swap components but a fair amount of straight OEM. As far as I know I can retrofit a LSD into a manual K trans.

I think 97-01 CR-V suspension bits will bolt up and figured some 205/65/R15s on the stock LS mesh wheels. That will get it a little bit further off the ground and better tolerate gravel/dirt roads.

Rally "rice"/prerunner is what I'm going for, if you will. What am I thinking about wrong or just not thinking about?