Here we have the MR2 in its natural habitat

Here we have the MR2 in its natural habitat.

No,

here we have a shit driver in their natural habitat.

I hope madam President bans these snap oversteering deathtraps during her term.

>he didn't watch out for leaves

That's enough user.

these are the worst handeling sports cars

why drive a car that will snap oversteer at any moment? you can be just driving along and then BAM, snap oversteer. theres a reason why the MR2 was discontinued and that the AE86 got a continuation from scion/Subaru

If your "handling" skills are as good as your spelling and grammar skills might I suggest you stop driving all together?

>theres a reason why the MR2 was discontinued

It was ugly, made solely a convertible, and was competing with the Miata at the time- of course it was discontinued.

The AW11 and SW20 are still great cheap reliable cars, with the SW20 having amazing performance.
Tsuchiya thought they were so awesome, he campaigned to race them and WON, ALL 3 TIMES!

>Japanese Grand Touring Championship (now Super GT)[edit]

>Team Taisan Jr. with Tsuchiya campaigned a Toyota MR2 powered by the factory 3S-GTE powerplant in the 1998 JGTC season. Keiichi Suzuki and Shingo Tachi drove five class victories in seven races, winning the teams' championship and tying for the drivers' championship.

>For following year, Team Taisan Jr. moved to a Porsche chassis in GT300, while Momocorse Racing Team with Tsuchiya campaigned another Toyota MR2 and won both championships. Morio Nitta and Shin'ichi Takagi drove to one victory, two 2nd places, and one third place to secure the teams' championship, with Nitta winning the drivers' championship by just one point over the Nismo Silvia that was driven by Takeshi Tsuchiya and Yuji Ide. Momocorse Racing would move to the MR-S chassis for the 2000 season, marking the end of the SW20's participation in JGTC.

The SW20 also holds the land speed record in the Firestone Firehawk Endurance Championship that still stands to this day

>In 1992, Dennis Aase, a member of Toyota's American factory team, became the first driver to achieve over 320 km/h (200 mph) in the car's class as he took his SW20 to a 339.686 km/h (211.071 mph) average. The car posted 326.697 and 352.068 km/h (203 and 218.765 mph) on the two opposing runs required for the record.

>The car, that previously saw action at the Firestone Firehawk Endurance Championship by P. J. Jones, ran with a boost of 110.0 kPa (1.1 bar) with changes to the intake and exhaust systems and the cam timing, output a maximum of 363 kW (487 hp). The car ran with its stock body apart minus wing mirrors and wiper blades. His attempt at improving his record the following year was thwarted by poor weather.[32][33]

>As of July 2015, the G/BGT record (Class G, Blown Grand Touring Sports or 2 Liter production turbo-charged GT) still stands.

Here, we see a Fiero in its natural state

Seriously I had a 91 turbo, supposedly the deadliest. Found it to be very docile and understeered lightly at the limit. Never felt endangered in any way. In the right conditions could carry a very quick steady state oversteer through the corner. I'm not a great driver just had a few track/drift days. Pic related, miss that car.

Is MR2 actually bad? I'm talking older models, 90's ones. I've been drooling after one for a while.

>It was ugly,
the 80's mr2 was beautiful, if a bit disproportionate. Looked like a fucking spaceship.

>street mtb
>white mr2

Holy shit you are literally me once I find a good condition mr2 for sale

he was talking about the third gen i think
and people greatly overstate the "ugliness" of the mr2 spyder. they're kind of cute in person.

Oh yeah, even gen2 got rid of everything that made it look lightspeed compatable. But even gen2 has its own charm.

Honestly never ever seen a gen 3 in my life, they must be real ugly.

I got my mine for under 3k because it has a little fender damage. Found a replacement fender really cheap though. It's an NA, and auto, so it's literally the least desirable, but I'm totally in love after only having it for a week.

>It's an NA, and auto

All the turbos were either 7-8k around me or not even worth looking at. And even a decent manual NA was 5-6... Coming from a 95 Neon, no regrets.
Pic related, I love the noise this thing makes at like 1500rpm.

you can go to a wrecker and swap in a 93+ transmission for cheap

SW20
>easy to find on sale
>adequate price
>most of owners avoid driving them in winter, very little rust
>rarely riced
>actually fast
>can swap Camry's V6
Almost looks like a better option than the AE86. But the tofucar has storage space, significantly lighter and easier to drive. They're not necesarily more expensive, but are very hard to find on sale. And a lot of them are lower trims or even AE85 with engine swaps.

They're not bad really. I'd take one over a miata

S N A P
N
A
P