/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previously, on /bbg/: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wYi24D9lHqc&index=153&list=PL7XlqX4npddfrdpMCxBnNZXg2GFll7t5y&spfreload=1
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePi9yVnCkEr_xelFpTvdvmXXcmup2TG1wKXgqBWgTjdNQoSQ/viewform?usp=send_form
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for I love you all

Ignore all animeposters

Do not reply to any animeposters

Do not give animeposters the attention they crave

Np take your time

Jesus christ I'm retarded, I was ringing the small resonant bell, ring in front of cleric beast please.

why is a sinister bell ringing in nightmare of mensis I am not even co-oping

Ignore all hintertomb memes.

The FC is in hizzngr3 this week.

youtube.com/watch?v=wYi24D9lHqc&index=153&list=PL7XlqX4npddfrdpMCxBnNZXg2GFll7t5y&spfreload=1

GRANT US BEARDS

Ah alright gimme one second

Nightmares naturally have a sinister bell maiden in them.

This does not include the Hunters Nightmare from the DLC.

which bosses are "okay" to co-op on, as in they are inherently unfair for one person and the average /bbg/ member would be hard pressed to beat them on the first try on a good day

Literally none.

None of them really.

>average /bbg/ member
Celestial Emissary :^)

Ring at the same stop for brother-in-law fueltank

Anyone want to go spelunking in a Depth 5 4-layer FRC Loran monstrosity?

I only ran the first three bosses and would like to be thorough this time and check the bonus areas n shit.

On the bridge? Im ringing

Does poison delay the Wet Nurse's clone bullshit or something?

Because the third time I fought her I poisoned her quickly and she waited until 1/4 HP to do it.

Yeah I was doing the same retarded shit, too much cooping,should work now with right bell.

No, her entire fight is just garbage.

Well the previous two times she did her clone bullshit at half health

Alright I'm taking a break, thanks for helping on the Priest Hound and Cousin Dieselcointainer

No problem famalam

Just got the DLC anyone wanna join for coop?

>Just got the DLC
>co-op
>Ruining your first run by summoning
>In the best content in the game

Do it yourself you monkey.

Ill join up give pass when youre ready

bbg, ringing

Anyone need help with anything?

why the fuck do you faggots hate multiplayer so damn much

Gehrman

Thought I hit jump, guess not

Wanna try again? Will ring at lamp

Yeah im ringing right before the machine guns

Ill just go to the lantern

Ringing at the machine guns, still

Anyone up for kenny loggins?

Sure

>dat true ending

so uh... the good hunter is a leech?

Guess that explains all the blood usage...

Pass is space, ringing at the fog soon, just need to restock and level up. Bear in mind I'm going to be only level 40.

Because you're removing the challenge of the game by playing in co-op. There's nothing wrong with co-op in subsequent playthroughs, but generally, you should play your first time through alone just so that you get the experience of it. A person who knows the area in and out will just immediately show you how to get past certain parts and pretty much spoil all the traps.

The entire idea behind the Souls/Bloodborne games is that they are supposed to be reminiscent of the old NES days where you had to learn and adapt because the difficulty was grueling compared to modern games. Having twice the fire power in something like Megaman 5 would absolutely remove all challenge from the game.

Good Hunter is ascended and becomes an infant Great One. We combine the teachings of both Provost Willem and Laurence: we ascend in both mind and body, lining our brain with eyes and lacing our bodies with blood.

We become the first human to achieve actual status as a great one.

Thanks for the help, Blaze. See you this weekend I hope!

So I was conducting a poll on /dsg/ about boss quality and I remembered I'd done one on /bbg/ almost a year ago, just a little while after TOH had come out.

Here's what the votes at the time were like.

I'd like to see how the common opinions are situated now, if anyone cares enough to vote:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePi9yVnCkEr_xelFpTvdvmXXcmup2TG1wKXgqBWgTjdNQoSQ/viewform?usp=send_form

what are the chances of us EVER getting a Souls game that isn't cyclical in lore? A game where the true ending is "ya did good, we're all proud of ya" and then there is no lore reason for new game + and it's JUST FOR FUN

unf

Bloodborne isn't cyclical.
DaS1 wasn't cyclical either: all the cycle bullshit was added in DaS2.

>human-sized man-to-man fights are more interesting and fun than fighting a giant monster or a horde

It's what I knew all along.

Dark souls 1 has the whole undead curse cycle happening repeatedly bullshit, I don't know, it's been a long time since I played it to completion.

in Bloodborne, the Hunter's Dream continues to exist in two endings (one is the true ending) and its continued existence is ambiguous in the "good" ending.

>Descendant and Elder in Mid Tier
>Abhorrent in Mid Tier
>Keeper in Low Tier

/bbg/ one year ago was a bunch of low Insight plebs.

Just because the Hunter's Dream continues to exist doesn't make it cyclical. That's not what cyclical means. And it continues to exist in all the endings, by the way.

Wow dude my game froze

Mccstone, I think your game froze or something. Youre walking in place and ludwig and standing still

C U T E

Yeah kek, sorry man

Ringing at fog

Anyone wanna co-op through fishing hamlet?

password:
ecchi

Wow damn badass boss to begin dlc

technically none require help to beat, but some are easier with it, Martyr Logarius and Ludwig being examples of this

I beat the entire base game without co-op and sometimes using old hunters summons. Recommend that approach to get the maximum satisfaction out of the game

looking for a co-op buddy for Witches of Hemwick, not because they're hard, I just don't want to have to risk doing it more than once because I hate fighting Executioners on the way up there

will be ringing at the top of the stairs, password is kosm

On my way!

so are Amygdala hosts of nightmares?

Also how come killing the host of a nightmare doesn't end the nightmare?

>old hunters summons
>maximum satisfaction
something's not right in this post

I think it's more of a realm that is created and not mantained. The major amygdala created and it remains until destroyed

Only 2 fights I actually did that were Rom and Vicar Amelia waifu so old hunters can be bait for a bit

thanks for the assist

Looking to help whoever needs it, just lemme know

I need help with the fishing hamlet, I made it to the second lamp (hut lamp?) and I'll be ringing here for a bit before I give up

pw is ecchi

Ringing

Is it worth it PvE-wise?

What kind of build should I go with it if it is?

Where exactly are you? Im sitting next to the lighthouse hut lamp.

Make sure youve got worldwide on

I'm at this hut

Alright well since I uninstalled DS3 for being absolute fucking trash, I'm going to finally start a HMLS build in Bloodborne. Tips?

Thats where I am

Hold on I'll switch runes

What is that fucking ear rape roar in the Failures fight?

Shit, well I gotta go anyways. Good luck bowblade user

Nourishing gems, either quality or STR/ARC (25/50+ is how I'm running it on my build), untricked R2 is ridiculously good. When transformed, use charged R2 with a follow up R2 for a dual lightwave combo that wrecks shit and is fun to use.

Yes. Any combination of 50/50, 50/25, 25/50 in SKL/BLT

Nourishing gems, even if I go 50STR/25ARC?
I'm not going to be using tools, so I shouldn't really invest too much into ARC.

I assume so, since nourishing gems buff all types of damage, and Moonsword deals split damage. Plus the lightwaves will be buffed.

On my build I've got it at 807 AR with 25/76 STR/ARC, and you'll probably get even more damage out of it overall with 50 STR.

25/25/25 is better than 50/25, the SKL scaling is often forgotton.Unless you also want to use the Wheel, then go 50/25.

But I'd still recommend 25/50 though, since the fun bits of STR/ARC weapons are the arcane portion, so it's better to maximise them.

>25/25/25

Since no one cares about BL anymore he might as well go 25/25/50

God damn the Old Hunters bosses are all so perfect. Challenging, fun, dank lore, well-designed, god-tier music, atmosphere and spectacle. Why can't all games be this good?

He could still do that and fit within the BL 120 bracket if he sacrifices a tiny bit of VIT

>120
Why even """""sacrifice""""" at that point?

> Laurence and Living Failures
> perfect

Granted they both have 10/10 music, and Living Failures are (mechanically) the 4 Kings done right. But Laurence is 3/4s a lazy rehash in a rehash arena, and such an important character deserved a unique model and a better fight.

>laurence anywhere but shit tier

Because it's the optimal level for online traffic. /bbg/ is a tiny minority of the community and nobody else gives a shit about a metagame consisting of 30 elitists

Oops, forgot Living Failures, despite fighting them just a couple hours ago. I agree Laurence should have had at least a unique design, although maybe there's a reason in the lore for why he's literally just Cleric Beast on fire. As an aside, the first time I played this I fully expected Laurence to be an end-game boss in the main story after viewing the flashback (via a skull I didn't realize was his)

what is stopping me from going 99/99/99?

Nothing, but don't expect to ever get matched with other players unless you use a password

Laurence was the first Vicar of the Healing Church, so it makes sense he should look similar to Cleric Beast and Amelia. But there's no reason he should have been indentical, every other named person who turned into a beast retained some resemblance, Gasgoine still looks like his old self except beastified, Amelia even more so. Even Ludwig has obvious features from his past self.

Laurence should have been a big hairy beast with antlers, but he should have looked unique and definetly should have been wearing tattered clothes of whatever the founder of the church wore. If he clutched the skull that wakes him up like Amelia clutches the medallion that would be cool as well. Could have had a mechanic where breaking it triggers his enraged crawl phase early.

Personally I would have also not have him set on fire until 60%ish health, to throw off people who started the fight with Fire Paper and even fire weapons equiped.

well I think I found something that should be added if we were to get either another DLC or a sequel;
>>

Dear hunter Bard
I really enjoyed the rape party at the Grand Cathedral with Amelia yesterday
Happy huntin

Desmond

Do I really need to go through every autism dungeon to get uncanny wheel?

Not every dungeon, just Pthumuru depths 1-3, then Ailing Loran and then 2/3s of Defiled Pthumuru before finding a glyph for Uncanny Wheel.

But if you care about Uncanny Wheel, then you are going to be doing all the dungeons anyway, since Uncanny/Lost are only ever relevent if you plan on farming FRC gems.

Do I have any other options as a Bloodtinge character than Chikage or Bloodletter? Can't I get gems that convert a weapons damage into blood damage?

Bow Blade and Guns.

No, you can't convert weapons to blood damage. That would be insanely overpowered, can you imagine Korean gems on the Rakuyo moveset.