Dota 2 General - /d2g/

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku is the best Anime airing this Fall Season, Edition.

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Latest patch: store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=570
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New player guides: killurselves.com/
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: yasp.co
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5awy31/i_redrew_witch_doctor_pepe_digitally/
youtube.com/watch?v=ME9Ao5kCTW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

real talk guys
How can you even live as bulba, as you are the biggest joke in the scene where no one even takes you seriously as a tier 2 player. Any team that had him becomes shit instantly and there's no single good trait about him that can back him up except being friendly with some pro players
If I was bulba I would just fucking stay out of the pro scene and maybe become coach/caster to make some ez bux without making myself embarrassed further.

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5awy31/i_redrew_witch_doctor_pepe_digitally/

adelaide?

adelaide?

ADo We Still Need Regions?

The Open Qualifiers has an alluring promise that anyone has a chance to be at a Major or an International, like buying a lottery ticket. There’s a chance, but it’s near impossible for nearly everyone. The teams that make it out of the gauntlet of the qualifiers are Tier 2 teams and some Tier 1 teams, who were all left out of the invites for the main qualifiers. Sometimes it’s because Valve has deemed they weren’t good enough, but sometimes there also just isn’t enough spots, as team ProDota has stated.

So these teams saunter into the Open Qualifiers and quash the hopes of fledgling teams. Who knows how many dreams were dashed when Team Secret and Evil Geniuses tore through their Open Qualifier brackets? The question is: does it matter that those teams lost their chances because they lost to a team from outside the region?
Welcoming The Challenge

Competition should beget more competition. There’s a reason why regions that have been hamstrung by ping, SEA and South America, have fared worse in international LANs. It’s because they can only play against each other. Even Chinese teams, which have been historically insular, have started to appreciate the value of competing outside the country. Korean team, MVP, has become a staple SEA representative at international LANs over the past two years, and their skill has increased in the process (enough for Puppey to poach two of their players).

Dota is the same game, regardless of where it’s played, but it does evolve and mature differently depending on the region its played. Despite precedents set by teams crossing over from one region to the other, each region has still maintained an identity. This is obvious to anyone who has played pubs in different regions. Chinese teams have their way, EU teams another, and CIS teams do their own thing. Culture still confines and creates these regional metas, even if an online space can bridge those gaps.

Nope.

I'm honestly liking bloodthorn.
I've been picking it up on naix after armlet deso. gives him attack speed, a massive damage increase and stops potms and slarks from escaping

Core hero” is a broad definition. It includes a variety of heroes with very different playstyles. While in general the cores of the team are expected to be the primary damage dealers, it is not always the case. Utility cores are equally as important—having some farm priority will allow them to get their hands on more expensive items, which do not necessarily increase their DPS, but rather help their teams in engagements.

“Utility items” is an equally broad definition. Some of the items discussed previously, such as Bloodthorn Bloodthorn and Linken's Sphere Linken's Sphere, could easily fit this category as well.

Utility items provide very different benefits, ranging from strong auras to actively cast disables. They can be both offensive and defensive and picking the right item for the occasion on the correct hero is a good skill to develop.

Im mad of leavers, played 4 normal i dont like ranked games, they are hard in getting fun games today - at least 1 leaver in each game.
How do we prevent this?

>bulba
>burning
truly the best Dota 2 assassins out there

Who's ass will he lick next?

Vladmir's Offering Vladmir's Offering

The earliest available strong aura is definitely nothing to scoff at. There is a reason why this item has been recently increased in price—the benefits it provides might be imperceptible in the earlier stages of the game, but in the late game it is definitely one of the best auras in the game. There are many reasons for that.

First and foremost, the item provides a non-UAM (unique attack modifier) lifesteal. It allows certain core heroes have a strong UAM of their own, while still benefitting from the lifesteal. Anti-Mage Anti-Mage is among the first who comes to mind, but the item is equally as potent on Phantom Assassin Phantom Assassin with Desolator Desolator as well. Later in the game there are more expensive and slot efficient items, however, so having a support build a second Vlads might be a good idea—selling and changing items as the game progresses is a must in the longer games.

The item also provides sustained bonuses in the form of flat mana and HP regeneration. The latter aspect is less important, since the item does give your hero lifesteal after all, but the flat mana regeneration is certainly very handy, especially on heroes who generally don’t benefit too much from the percentage-based buffs.

Finally, there is +4 armor. While it doesn’t look like much on paper, in games where you are facing multiple auto-attacking heroes, this aura will save lives. More importantly, it will also make your potentially underfarmed teammates slightly tankier, allowing them to live longer and potentially use more of their spells. On a 800 HP support, +4 armor provides almost 200 extra EHP, which is usually at least two extra hits from the enemy.

Hey dude, can you like, not fill MY thread with these shit ass reddit posts shit?

I fucking created this thread for you monglords. Go spam that crap in some other thread some other autist loser created.

In mine you owe me fuckin' respect.

perma ban them

Following up on the other thread on the frontpage about a very serious sexism issue in the community I want to share another negative aspect of it: the racism.

A little backstory: I'm just a young student from south america, I've been playing dota 2 since 2013, and since I went to TI5 last year dota changed a lot for me. It was an AMAZING event, I had the time of my life, and I made some friends which I am going to be talking about a lot. ¿Why? Because since I've been playing with them I've seen and heard some of the most awful things in dota. And some of these things get repeated daily in this subreddit and other forums.

I don't have many RL friends unfortunately... and those that I do have don't play dota 2, so making new friends at TI was great! I now know people from all over the world and I regularly play with americans, australians, etc. But since we are all back to our homes it's not that easy to play together since we are really far away. So we had to find a middle ground and we chose US east and US west(we always queue both, I get a better ping to USE and australians get a better ping to USW xD)

I usually always played on SA but since now I play with a higher ping with my friends I decided to just play on US altogether. We have a lot of fun, but problems arise when we don't have a 5 stack or I solo Q. I think we can all agree that flaming is a problem, but I can't believe how normalised it is when people dig through your steam profile and see your countrys flag and flame you for it, even if you tried your hardest to win, even if you played the best on the team, the only reason some people flame is because of some little flag next to my name. So I took it out, made my profile private, and ignored the flamers that I could. But then its like you can never win, if I say something in mic, they detect my accent, and I get called out for it. If I talk in spanish with someone in game, we also both get flamed, even when we speak in english with others all the time. I've had people abandon becasue they realised im from SA.

I COULDNT GET A FUCKING TOPAZ OR DIAMOND 5, IM FUCKING MAD

Why does he specifically mention australians?

So ¿how come everyone thinks it's ok now to flame for cirumstances you cant control? I just want to play dota for fun, its a game, I wanna hang out with my friends and have fun, but constantly people want to destroy it. And this doesen't only happen in game. I see people on this subreddit wanting to keep me and my brethern out of different servers so I can't play with my friends and enjoy dota, making racist comments about the wall(i know some of them are jokes, but its honestly not funny when they single you out like that) when we are not even mexicans, and US is probably THE best server for them to play on. Also calling us bad players when we play ON THE SAME MMR as them, ¿how can we be bad players then? thats honestly just racist. But this isn't even an issue south americans only face, because I have a friend named Anas, whos from egyptian decent but born and raised in the US who whenever somebody gets wind of it they just ask him why he isn't playing techies, "dota is haram" , etc. This are the issues we face when we want to play dota but I'm sure we are not the only ones because I've also seen chinese people get asked ¿do you eat dog and cat?, russians just get spammed with cyka blyat etc.

So I just hope you think a little bit about the person you are talking to. You can't just tell a person to kill themself because of the country or the culture they were born with. I am also sickened that some support this with anecdotic evidence, like someone being a mean players deserve to be flamed back.

So sorry for the long post I will give you a tldr, and also for my english because even though I'm usually very decent at it I'm just emotional about it now. I also thank the woman from the other post (/u/happymammabee208) because it gave me the courage to speak out against the injustice I also see everyday.

TL;DR: racism is also rampant in Dota 2 and most people just take it for granted instead of trying to fight against it. I've also seen many people encourage it in this subreddit.

Discuss

>do you eat dog and cat?

Shouldn't it be dog and neko?

I wrote this as a response to this post.

I agree. Mexican girl here. I can’t take it anymore. People haven’t harass me because I’m a girl. It might be because I have a slightly deeper voice, and I also play with that ambiguity. The woman thing doesn’t affect me.

However, the racism is just disgusting. And I’m disgusted about how much people here defend it irrationally. No, people speaking another language or being bad at the game don’t make them deserve this insane hate speech. I doubt this would be accepted in real life. So why does it have to be accepted in this video game? I speak entirely in English in my games. If there are hispanic people that don’t speak English, I try to translate to the team. But there’s been times where people have gotten triggered just because I do this. “NO SPANISH AT ALL, MUH AMERICAN SERVER, MUH ENGLISH”. Jesus. Racists, just chill for a moment and we will have a good game. I don’t get triggered just because someone else on the team speaks another language. That’s just part of the game, if everybody has a good attitude, you make the best out of it. Yes, it is frustrating. But there’s no need to turn in to a racist asshole and spread toxicity because of it. It’s counterproductive. And it makes you a bad teamplayer.

I’m just sick of it. I wrote “hola, amigos” to both teams, at the beginning of the past 3 games. It’s like a racist detector.

The first time I used it, someone on my team said “oh, a peruvian, fml”. And I responded “oh, a racist, fml”. I think it made him think about his attitude. We had a good game.

The second time, nobody responded with a bad attitude. I got “que pasa, bruh”, and stuff life that. I checked their profile and they were a party from California. We had a good game.

Pudge Pudge is Dota’s most recognizable hero. His hero design is so enticing and popular among players that other games (Overwatch’s Roadhog) have made sure to incorporate heroes with a similar skillset. Hook is one of the most iconic abilities in the online multiplayer world, and it will always make the hero incredibly unique.

As popular as the hero may be, it hasn’t always been easy to keep him relevant. Playing him may, in itself, be very satisfactory. Though for the past few years, players haven’t always been able to combine the fun factor of the hero with actual success.

It’s difficult to balance a hero that is innately fun for the player themselves--to be not overpowered or overly annoying for everybody else in the game (see: Techies). So for the longest time, Pudge has almost exclusively stayed in the pub scene, and even there he’s never really been particularly successful. That has now changed.
Laning nightmare

Like any good roamer, Pudge will quite easily disrupt the opponent’s laning stage. The sheer fear and threat of a Hook can force a midlaner to play much more defensively and can force support rotations.

Responding to a roaming Pudge isn’t easy either, as the hero is quite tanky. Unlike a Riki Riki or a Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter, turning around to kill the roamer isn’t easy. It’s more like an Ogre Magi Ogre Magi, who seems to be able to even dive towers without a hitch.

And that might be the closest comparison for Pudge--a tanky roamer that has a strong slow. Except Pudge will always also have Meat Hook. As good as any disable may be, Hook will be stronger in most scenarios. It is one of the strongest non-ultimate initiation spells, especially in the early game; it doesn’t put the user in harm’s way and it will draw in the enemy, away from safety.

Yesterday I had the worst racist harassment I’ve ever had in the game. I felt like my heart was going to pop out of my chest. 3 out of 5 of my teammates just started flamming racist stuff the whole game at me via voice and text chat. I was being a bad LD, honestly, I focussed on not feeding though. But the team was winning. I muted them after a while, but they started using the text chat. They were nit picking EVERYTHING I did. I simply could do no right because they already decided I was trash because of my initial Spanish salute. My boyfriend kept hearing what they said so he could tell me whenever there was a team order. I could see the terror in his face. They kept flamming the whole game and he heard all of it. He was doing great in the game. But as soon as he started defending me and they realized we were both in a party, they started nit picking everything he did, accompanied with the racist harassment, of course. We were not doing that bad, and even if we did, we didn’t deserve this. We won the game, btw.

I just simply don’t know what to do. The game is unplayable to me. The easiest thing is just to stop using the game. I also feel like hiding my ethnicity should NOT be the solution. I’ve thought about recording the games and share them so you see how bad it gets and how counterproductive it is. At least I would get a sense of justice at the end. But I think it would help A LOT if racism wasn't encouraged on the Dota 2 communities online. I think it has gotten this bad because racism is accepted outside of the game. Some of you also think this isn't serious, but unfortunately, this is a reflection of the society we live in.

Congrats Sonneiko on reaching 9000 MMR.

He just won a game against mega creeps in an epic comeback.

Edit : it looks like steam couldn't handle his 9k and the game is not counted (as of now). Leaderboards are updated and he is still 8975. FeelsBadMan.

Can Huskar kill Roshan in one Hit?
For the purpose of this hypothesis, Roshan's actual HP does not matter.

Huskar's Life Break upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter deals 65% of a target current HP as damage. Let's represent Roshan's Health as H and Life Break Damage as D.

D = 0.65H*(1-0.55) = 0.2925H

Our goal is to perform a combination of abilities and item debuffs to get D = 1.32H.

Why 1.32H?

because with the equation 100 = 0.65H * 1.16(1.16 is Huskar's maximum spell damage amplification) H = 1.32 Using Items alone, Huskar can carry five aether lens in addition to his aghanim's scepter. In addition to a spell damage boost based on his Intelligence.

D = 0.65H(1+0.463+0.25)(1-0.55) = 0.501H

If you replace one aether lens with a veil

D = 0.65H(1+0.463+0.20+.00625)(1-0.55)*(1+.25) = 0.61H

The max damage a Huskar can do alone is still below half of Roshan's health, but with friends this can greatly increase.

The first assistant will be Alchemist to free up an item slot for Huskar

A Huskar with six aether lens, an Aghanim Scepter Buff, coupled with a veil debuffed roshan thanks to Alchemist brings the damage to

D = 0.65H(1+0.463+0.3+.00625)(1-0.55)*(1+.25) = 0.65H

We're getting closer, now to bring out the heavy hitters

Pugna will be useful for his painless decrepify and the fact that he can easily pop roshan's spell block

D = 0.65H(1+0.463+0.3+.00625)(1+.25)(1+.6)(1-0.55) = 1.03H

Very Close, but remember, we must multiply H by 1.32 in order to kill Roshan. Let's add one more assistant, Ancient Apparition and his Ice Vortex

D = 0.65H(1+0.463+0.3+.00625)(1+.25)(1+.6)(1-0.55)*(1+.3) = 1.34H

We have finally crossed the threshold, it is indeed possible to defeat roshan in one life break with this lineup. If Roshan's magic resistance was even one percent higher, this wouldn't work.

TL;DR

youtube.com/watch?v=ME9Ao5kCTW0

Now you only need to farm 13800 gold and 24 levels as a hero with no aoe skill.

>>/v/

Taigo BTFO by redditors. Keep it up lads. I've never seen so much content in d2g since 2014

radelaide?

After recent events, we now know for sure Bulba was the LAN assassin planted in Team Liquid to ensure they don't go to Boston, but one couldn't help but speculate the mastermind behind this spectacular play?

Whose directive did he follow, having assassinated so many of the top dogs over the years?

As I ponder late at night about recent event, I couldn’t help but feel Bulba’s activity and PPD’s timely “retirement” to become “the managing director” might have been related. Exactly what is PPD managing? There are other managers at Evil Genius. Does PPD really need to sacrifice his talent to do a job that others can do? Once I started connecting the dot, everything made sense.

Bulba and PPD’s correspondence might have started as early as 2012. Thanks to Bulba, EG didn't have good result, and PPD was able to "come and save the day" soon after Bulba left to join Liquid. What if they had been working together since the very beginning?Bulba essentially set the tone for the "Pre PPD" EG, a team that's leaderless after his departure, waiting for the right man to take the rein. After 2012, Bulba had been hopping from team to team trying to make ends meet…or so we were led to believe. One only had to look at Bulba’s team history to see a pattern emerging: whenever a team with talented players decide to band together, Bulba would be there, destroying them from within. Team Liquid, Team Tinker, and most notably, Digital Chaos. When a team threaten the status quo of NA dota, Bulba is there. Whenever a team is on a hot streak at Lan events or a qualifier, Bulba is there. Bulba has been destroying threats to prepare for the Salt King to take his rightful throne.

Then there’s PPD, and the dominance of Evil Genius.

PPD has always been known to be something of a master strategist. People often attribute his success to his drafts, but PPD has confessed in an interview that he’s also pretty good at “touching base with others”. A man with his skillset can easily ensure his advantages are not only in game, but also outside the game as well. Bulba is that advantage.

Bulba has been eliminating all the potential threats since 2012, but for me, the most telling sign had been his willingness to abandon DC when Universe abandoned EG briefly to join Secret. Universe's sudden departure forced PPD to recall one of his most talented agent on the field, and though EG didn’t have much success with Bulba either, their terrible result may be on purpose.

TI6 was coming up, and PPD need to ensure a talented assassin like Bulba finds a team ASAP. Compare to TI, Manilla Major was but a small sacrifice. No one would suspect EG or PPD if Bulba performed equally as bad right? As a matter of fact, one might even be more inclined to believe Bulba was sent to sabotage EG by Puppey. And the plan worked spectacularly. Evil Genius finished 3rd place TI while Secret self-destructed and finished last once again. Team = Assassinated

When Envy began building a new team, Bulba was there again, except this time, right in the middle of roster finalization, PPD caught wind of a superstar Liquid lineup which consisted of Matumbaman and Miracle, two 9k MMR gods, as well as Kuroky, the disciple of his mortal enemy puppey. PPD shat brick at the thought of what this team could achieve with a competent 4, so he immediately stepped down from his position to coordinating with Bulba full time, in order to slay this juggernaut. As a result, Envy was denied a offlaner, prompting him to label Bulba “the traitor”, while Team Liquid fail to qualify for the Boston Major. Team = Assassinated

With this, Bulba has ascended to legendary status, and his skill in assassination could only be rivaled by the likes of Faceless Man.

However, it seems like his cover was blown early this time, because he was perhaps a little too effective, and team liquid simply crumbled way too fast for it to seem like a natural occurrence. There’s also the fact that Team Liquid had been one of his old victim, so they may very well be on to his trick.

Whether or not Bulba can recover from this blow to his otherwise legendary career, or be able to continue his service as the number 1 LAN Assassin in North America under the directive of Peter Dager, the King of Salt, the One True Face and Embodiment of Evil Genius, only time will tell.

>The first time I used it, someone on my team said “oh, a peruvian, fml”. And I responded “oh, a racist, fml”. I think it made him think about his attitude. We had a good game.
rly mks u thnk

How much autism is too much autism?

Ever since I started playing Dota I wanted to play an intensive farm position. Not on a team, no - I've never taken any game that seriously. I just wanted to be the one that farms and others create space for.

Here I am, almost 5k, struggling to accept the fact that I'm only at my best when I'm creating space for someone else. Even when I'm playing middle I tend to win with heroes that set the pace, create teamfights and open up for the others to clean up. Invoker, Magnus - two of my best heroes.

I'm even better when I'm playing a position 4 support role. Every time I end up in a losing streak I pick a support, roam around, help my team and usually end up winning by being involved in 80% of the kills. But I hate it. I simply can't accept the fact that it suits me better.

This is just a stupid rant that no one I know will read and I wanted to get it off my chest. And as a last side note; no, I'm not one of those assholes that instapick mid or safe lane and can't adjust. Even if I marked it first, if someone else picks it, I pick whatever is left.

Excellent Lane Support

In a meta where farm seems available to everyone, and where the farm gap between the 4 and 5 support roles isn’t as big as it used to be, Warlock Warlock shines bright. He requires both farm and xp, but his early to midgame contributions don’t seem beneficial enough to warrant giving him the necessary space and time of a 4 support role.

Warlock fills the position of a 5 laning support quite well. He is fairly tanky and can trade hits with almost any offlaner due to his range and heal. Even if he is low on gold and xp, as long as he’s level 6 he can help out his team immensely. It’s similar to how old offlaners used to be played, such as Clockwerk or Puck, who were just fine going into the midgame with an ultimate and a bit of farm.
Bringing Back Midas

Despite fitting the 5 role perfectly, Warlock will still want to farm and get xp. As good as Chaotic Offering may be, it can drop off significantly as the game goes on, as weak Golems can be brought down quickly. Unfortunately for Warlock, he doesn’t farm at quite the speed as other supports would, as his spells provide no burst.

This is where Hand of Midas Hand of Midas comes into play. Faceless’ Nutz has showcased that the item is essential on the hero, making sure that the level and item progression keep the hero competitive.

It may delay other items, such as the much appraised Aghanim's Scepter Aghanim's Scepter, but it’s a valuable trade-off, especially considering that Midas helps farm other items quicker.

Midas is not only great for the 5 position Warlock, it is essential on any core position Warlock. A recent resurgence in mid Warlocks, spearheaded by Imperial’s Babyknight, sees a lot of the traditional Midas into Aghanim’s build.

What if CM's aura gave her a bit of base mana?

I like the hero but it's so frustrating that you can't level her ulti past level 1 unless you invest in something like a point booster(not happening if you want to go blink/glimmer). Would be cool if she got like 50/100/150/200 base mana for herself from the aura.

SingSing playing bots hopefully bring to the light the massive flaws they have?

Steam servers are down and as he plays, he comments on the stupid shit bots do that make no sense throughout the game, hopefully Valve notices considering how popular SingSing is and they might see it in his stream? If only..

>and they might see it in his stream?
the idea of "valve" watching sing's stream is hilarious on many levels

>all of my games ever

I would play her as a roaming jungle support instead of a "baby sit the safelane all game" support. Then you kill large creeps and stack camps when you're not ganking and scrape together some items.

Spectre aghs upgrade should reduce haunt cool down to 45 seconds. Discuss.

Any chances black ice wins the next major and save pro dota? all other current teams are so unlikeable...

Yeah. He's crashing the SEA scene with no survivors. I doubt they'll lose much at boston considering how shit everyone else is. """Tier 1""""" teams are struggling against swindler of all people.

Boring as fuck

Make a haunt illusion spawn at a random enemy hero every 30 seconds. You can't reality to these illusions but you could still see what that hero is doing and possibly kill them if they are a support and you are farmed enough plus you might get some creep kills if you have radiance.

I'm not being blown the fuck out, dude.

If anything all these reddit pastas are keeping the thread active.
Besides, these autists will get bored eventually heheheh.

Also, who the fuck are you though?

I'm making a smurf lads
What's the best hero to 1v9 for easy calibration?

That sounds like a free Zeus ult every 30 seconds.

CARRY Abaddon.

All of Warlock’s spells have high cooldowns, and they have only little potential in the early game, which is why positioning and movement around the map are crucial. To succeed with Warlock, it’s essential for players to know when to remain in lane to pull and farm or to rotate out for teamfights.

It’s rather redundant to rotate before level 6, so team coordination and communication is as crucial as ever. Securing a fast level 6, by either pulling intensively--something the carry needs to be prepared for--or by making sure that the other support’s lane presence isn’t as big, is key. It’s why Faceless often pairs the hero with a heavy roamer, such as Ogre Magi Ogre Magi, and this is where other teams fail. By drafting another lane support, it drastically delays Warlock’s impact on the game--an impact he can only have if the rest of the team allows him to.

That’s why the team composition is important. Understanding that the hero thrives on timed fights and pushes is important. Aside from a suitable 4 position support, there’s preferably another hero, an initiator, that can benefit from the Chaotic Offering follow-up. It’s important to note though, that the team should not outpace Warlock. A team full of gankers and initiators will not be able to use Warlock effectively, as he is much less effective without his ultimate.

Warlock doesn’t deal well with momentum, because his skillset and itemization generally don’t allow him to build on it. Surely, huge momentum can allow him an early Agh’s, but even then that won’t necessarily make a huge difference. Other heroes can use momentum to build up items to get even further ahead, such as Blink Daggers. A Sand King with momentum is scary, a Warlock not so much.

This is one of the best games I've ever played, and I've never felt more empty sinking hours into it. The reward for a thoughtful draft, perfect game play, team work, and victories is an incredible feeling...but the amount of you have to put up with to get there is so insanely disgusting it's not worth it anymore.

The DOTA2 community is as much a community as a pile of flesh eating bacteria. Occasionally you meet someone nice who wants to win DOTA, but nearly every game there are raging piles of useless human flesh whose only sole purpose in life is to make you as miserable as possible, and their conduit of choice? DOTA2.

I put more hours than I could imagine into this game in hopes it could only get better, sometimes I would go an entire week really enjoying the game. I was repaid with months full of seething frustration.

TLDR; Game is awesome, people you have to play with are not. GLHF somewhere else.

Only hits one random enemy hero

TL;DR: DOTA < beer < self-improvement. + You will curse the day you pressed that "install" button.

Okay, listen. If you are a competetive person, enjoy breaking your limits and achieving goals - don't even think of installing this game. JUST DON'T ING DO IT.
Try learning how to play guitar, salsa dancing, Java programming, anything. But not DOTA. Because after 3-4 years of playing and more than 4k matches you wiil feel the same I feel now. It is regret. You will regret all that time you wasted on a computer game that gave you nothing back. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. It is perfectly designed, it provides an incredibly wide range of emotions. BUT! You will eventually understand, that you could have used all that precious time to make yourself a better human being and already conquire this world. Instead of hitting creeps, destroying towers and raging on teammates.
You might think of e-sport at some point. But game is not worth the candle. Just sit down and calculate chances yourself if you are seriously considering earning money playing it.
If you just want to chill at weekends with friends playing a few matches - go for it, this is a great way to do it. But if I were you I would go to a nearby bar and find a good company and some adventures instead, it is far more interesting and profitable.
Not recommended.

>Java programming

Seriously, the community is a literally load of toxic crap, let me set some examples, plays poorly then blames teammates, players trashtalks on other players that wants to get some items through battle pass by wagering, trashtalks on players that won battle cup, trashtalks for no reason, won the game and starts trashtalking, can't take a lose then trashtalks, competitive racist chat between radiant and dire or even just among teammates and many more moments that are so salty that it is saltier than the dead sea.

Seriously though, if the system or admin or whatever can't deal with this mess then please, at least give us more reports to use, I don't think that 3 reports for 1 week is enough for such incredible community and the reports are not even always successful...

So if you can't stand the cancerous community then please, stay away from this game.

And if you're wondering why I'm still playing this game, I can tell you this, I have friends that helps me to calm my nerves... kind of...

But still it's kinda fun! 10/10 life melted by community's toxicity.

Is MATUMBAMAN actually good or was he just carried by JerAx?

Nigga where the fuck am I gonna get a guitar from?

Those things are fuckin expensive and dota is free.

Why don't I just drive around in my Lamborghini with a couple of supermodels if I am doing things I can't afford?

Shit nigga now I'm getting disgruntled.

I'm gonna go pick pudge and feed down mid to blow of some steam.

Why are we being spammed with reddit shitposts, and how do we make it stop?

>People actually took the time into writing these complaints
>Not machines, scripts, or robots, actual people. Real humans with lives and the capability of making decisions.

LOL

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep'em coming, post more of this shit. It's a literal gold mine.

They're all upvoted shit so it's supposed to be the correct opinion for everything.

did the iceiceice stack end up qualifying for boston?

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land?
this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

hmmmmmmm, ass to face.

you heard the boy mates
the only valid reason to play dota is if you are going to go pro

/d2g/ team when

Oh shit, wrong thread!

Sorry.

Yes.

I hate it

Who would even be in a /d2g/ pro team?

Crystal the dick slayer?

Directionless Adult, Carry Abaddon guy, m00t, and two random trolls.

I step away from the thread for two hours tops and THIS happens?
get a grip anons!

my carry lina

>watching the minseki - faceless game one
that od aghs was game losing
it gave them so much time to think about what to do
it's honestly detrimental as an alch to give aghs to od, like legion

but that game is going on right now and there's no od or alch

faceless, not fnatic.
I was talking about the boston qualifiers too

hey d2g i'm a relatively new player. i'd say i have played around 250 matches so far. right now i have a decent hero pool of somewhere between 30-35 heroes which i am comfortable playing. is that too many?

the majority of them are either offlaners or supports, i only play around 9 carry or midlaners...should i focus on just one position?

What's the best hero for the cheese quest?
Ursa is the most obvious answer but you have to actually win games for it to count.

>should i focus on just one position?
just play whatever you want
it's better to be able to play all of the heroes semi decently than one hero autistically well

CARRY Abaddon.

That's ok, its still better than most of the thread so far.

PSG, lelouch, that anime hating faggot from jewtube, Carry abaddon and quarry poster

SAY

MY

NAME

is sheever really dating ODmemecel?

what about shane? what about el dongerino

What do you guys think of offlane Bloodseeker?

Black's trash. There's a reason no chinese team wanted him

They'll flop at the major and EG will take it

I've noticed a pretty big drop recently, lots of people that just don't want to get objectives and often really out of position.

>what about the bald manlet? what about the obese cuck?

dunno man, what about them?

Who's the Sōsuke Aizen of the pro scene?

le shitskin of teamkilling

Puppey

the bald manlet was dicking her down long before OD had even casted his first pro game, and the obese cuck is the only reason she's relevant in the dota scene in the first place

Is Razor's attack animation still the worst thing ever

>quarry poster

may he rest in peace. He finally settled the quarry.

Will black^ finally buy that house?

hahahaaa

who is the anime shitter of /d2g/

It's better to try and get around to playing every hero, that way you'll know their strengths and weaknesses if you ever come against them