What is the best window tint?

What is the best window tint?

I got a quote for $160 Llumnar ATC, $209 for the ATR and $250 for the CTX. Car is a 2005 Mustang. Are these fair prices? The installer is very reputable.

20 on back, 35 rest

bump

I have 20 all around. Backing up at night can be difficult in a dark place.

Would have gotten 10 all around if I had a rearview camera.

Always be sure of the spelling of the name in case it is a chinese knock off brand.
Llumar metallic tints can slightly reduce your cellphone signal level.

bump

>What is the best window tint?
Look up the previous window tint threads in the archive. Some of them have good solid discussions and comparisons from actual tint users.

Why not just put the windows down?

Because then everyone would see his pot clouds.

Have 15 all around and I want 35 in the front.

5 on rear and quarters
20 on doors
18 + factory on sunroof
35 on windshield (the whole windshield, not just a strip at the top).

It was no big deal when I lived in a major city- street lights were so bright I sometimes didn't realize my headlights were off.
Now that I'm in the sticks its dangerous as hell, can't see shit.
I may pull the windshield, but I would never change the rest.

Llumar is my preferred brand.
I was an installer and have thrown half a million square feet.
Prices are fair.

If you just want privacy, use any of them.
If you need heat rejection, do the CTX.

I use 3M ceramic because metallic tints reduce my smartphone signal level. There are times I am far from a cell tower, so losing a bar with metallic tints makes a difference to me.

The legal kind

35% with car shades
>fuck you chopper

I'm running 35 on mine, I have seen some sports cars around here with %5 out here, i don't know how they get away with it...
tint is usually illegal

How much of a douchebag do you want to look like?

My mothers Acadia had fucking 5% on the front windows.
>Test drive it for them at night
>Have to fucking roll down the windows to get home.
>"Is it safe to dr-"
"NOPE"

Most important part, imho, of tinting or getting tints is that dogshit dot matrix "silvering" and how the installer goes about resolving it.

There is nothing uglier than nice, dark windows with a shadow around the edges.

Window tint is fucking stupid.

>i don't know how they get away with it...
>tint is usually illegal

They get away with it because almost all local police everywhere don't use it as a primary reason to pull you over. Pulling someone over causes traffic jams on the freeway or disturbance on the city roads.

However, if someone gets a speeding ticket or collision accident, they will then sometimes cite you, but I know of people who never got cited by local police. The ones that usually enforce vehicle laws (proper headlights, proper tail lights, proper brightness, tints) are the state troopers. But those officers are almost always busy handling other state law enforcement cases, so they leave us alone. They don't have time for us when we see them on the freeway as they are going to another case.

If pulled over, just lower your two front windows before the officer walks up and he won't see your illegal tint.

What kind of a retard puts 5% on the front?

35 percent all around except the panoramic roof.

All NC legal because fuck being harrassed by pigs.

>What kind of a retard puts 5% on the front?
Someone who puffs blunts. Someone who has stuff inside the car they don't want outsiders to see. Someone hiding their face from the cops and other scanning cameras.

Guys giving head to their boyfriend and vomiting when he comes deep in their throat.

SolarGard

>living in a shithole where you need window tint

I have 3m 20%. I think I paid 180 or 190

Anything darker is too hard to see out at night

The law here is whatever you want on the back, only 50% on the front, nothing on the windshield.

Never been stopped for my tint