Tricks N Tips

Sup br/o/s, 30 days ago I bought a 2016 Focus ST. Tomorrow I'm having a stealership fix my factory recall for software updates. Of all the performance vehicles I've owned over the years, this vehicle by far handles the best. Power wise it's meh but what do you expect from 250 HP? It'll put you in your seat a little but nothing to brag about. But I digress. I wanted to start a Tricks n Tips thread for any vehicle out there. Have a question in regards? Ask away. Know of anything that should be given to the public? Post here.
For myself I'd like to know if I can install projectors into the standard housing for the ST? I didn't buy an additional package because I really only wanted the turning lights with HIDs. Fuck everything else. The standard cloth seats are far more comfortable for a viking sized man as myself. And who needs a 4pt headrest?

Other urls found in this thread:

carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/uber-drivers-voided-extended-warranty-and-insurance.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I too have a focus ST.
as far as i know, and I have done very minor research, you can't really just put the projectors into the stock housings. what you'd need to do is buy the projectors, housing and all, and install it that way. I imagine this means including any extra harnesses/wiring not provided with the standard head lights.

The cloth seats are relatively comfortable but on long trips they do cause a little fatigue in the legs since it has somewhat of a weird angle, pointing your knees more up.
The ST2 package seats with partial leather are the best compromise and for the price it does come with a lot of nice goodies buuut you aren't missing out on much.

Go to a Forum.

which one is actually alive and well though? The two I've found that were to be popular are dead.

A good bit of them, especially any that are related to the friendbook groups.

The ST2 offered nothing I wanted besides cornering and HIDs. I'm adding my own audio and display for a fraction of the price. I haven't sat in the ST2 seats but I did test drive the ST3 and it wasn't comfortable at all. I use my new whip for UBER and I don't have any complaints yet about distance driving. I will say, I can see these seats wearing in real fast though. I have a 12/12 warranty but I doubt it'll cover my seats for wear because I drive a lot. Over a hundred miles a day.

I guess I'll keep looking but so far no go

>warranty
With Uber your warranty goes out the window, including any electrical once you put in that aftermarket audio, (which will be shit compared to the factory)

Mind proving that statement? I have my warranty paperwork here. I'm covered 100%

>he thinks that letting someone fuck with the electronics in his car will be covered under dealer warranty

Well, you enjoy your brocus. Don't forget to install your vape vent.

The audio system is integrated with the ford mysync cuck shit and once you start to fiddle with that you can bet your ass they'll void the warranty.
The best way to go about adding a sound system in the Focus is to just place a head unit in the glove box, route your own wires to the door speakers and of course a seperate amp and subs.
Don't try to splice or integrate into the stock system because it's a fucking mess to get right.

the only way Uber would really violate a warranty is if he's on a lease agreement with a set mileage per year or something....
A warranty explicitly indicates it will cover whatever is under the policy for up to x miles/x amount of time, so which ever comes first.

Doesn't matter how much you drive it as long as your mileages is under the amount the warranty covers up to you'll be ok

I never specified when I was adding an audio system. But in the future I will be doing it for sure. The base system isn't bad but it aint fancy. I haven't had the pleasure to listen to the sync 10 sony audio from the ST2/3 packages. I'm sure it comparable to the Ford 460 audio I'm used to

>ITT people who have no idea what the magnuson-moss warranty act is
As far as uber voiding any warranty, the only instances I know of are extended power train warranties. I.e. kia offered incentives to uber drivers but they only received a standard warranty, not the extended power train warranty. Commercial use doesn't automatically void a warranty unless the paperwork explicitly says so.

>m-muh magnuson-moss!!
It's so cute when you kiddies try to throw this one out.

Its cute when a bunch of retards that have never owned a new car pretend to know what they're talking about. But by all means, go ahead and explain how an aftermarket part automatically voids a factory warranty you broken walnut.

for one we arent even talking about aftermarket parts you dingus the entire conversation about a void warranty was in reference to the guy that said Uber would void your warranty, and then a quip about the aftermarket sound system which if you try to add one and it fucks with the mysync system WILL NOT be covered by the warranty if the system fails.

how about you learn to read fuckass

carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/uber-drivers-voided-extended-warranty-and-insurance.htm

Warranties do not cover Taxi serviced vehicles. As I said, good luck with all those miles and finding out you are fucked.

Same with any modifications to the electronics system.

>reading comprehension
I addressed both points in my post, or are you so ingrained to shitposting that you didn't even read what I wrote?
>we're not talking about aftermarket parts
>b-but this aftermarket stereo
You make a great case, dumbass.

It might be a state-by-state basis but Uber as far as I know does not require a taxi service license or registration.
How the fuck are they going to know?

>bring in car for a warranty service
>>gee bill you sure have some crazy miles for how new the car is what have you been doing
>1: fuck off it aint ya business fix my shit
>2: I have family in other states, etc etc

suddenly there's no problem

>extended warranties are now the same as factory warranties

the fact of the matter is you're wrong, it doesn't matter how much you try to spin it in your favor.

Stop posting.

>have to take pictures of your car
>have to show that you own the car
>if you do not have the title to the car and are making payments
>Uber will then contact the dealership you have the car through to verify you are the legal payer of the car

Congrats, If you don't own the car without direct proof from either the dealer or whoever has the fucking title you won't be working for Uber.

>aftermarket stereo system
>thinks any dealer is going to cover any part of the electrical system after that
>even if it has 100 miles on it

Yea nah, welcome to the real world nigger. You just voided your warranty. And for a shitty stereo system at that.

>cannot provide evidence that any aftermarket parts automatically voids warranty
>y-youre just wrong you meany stop posting!
Nice backpeddling. Still waiting for you to actually prove me wrong rather than clinging to your misguided armchair ideals.

The car has to be registered, and you're name doesn't even have to be on the registration...
They dont need to see a title because they verify via license plate/vehicle registration you twit
they dont call a dealership looking for a title

As a Uber driver, yes they do.

I never made a claim that all aftermarket parts void warranty? I dont know where you're pulling this out of your ass.
We are talking about an explicit, well defined situation and in this scenario the aftermarket part DOES void the warranty
This is not an all inclusive statement you idiot, it is in reference to this very specific situation we are talking about

have another go though

>replies to my post about mm warranty act
>b-but no it wasn't me!
Make up your mind you retarded autist. If you weren't the one claiming something aftermarket voids the warranty, then why even defend the person that did? Either way, you have no proof of anything because warranty work is up to the discretion of the dealer, not some halfwit faggot that has never owned a new car.

>never owned a new car
see there you go again pulling shit out of your ass that you have no idea what you're talking about.

where do you draw this baseless assumption?

I have never once purchased a used vehicle.
Every single one has been bought new off the lot, and thats for all 5 so far

And you literally have just invalidated your entire argument, thanks for doing all the work for me.

Since it's up to the discretion of the dealer they can literally go tell you to fuck yourself and they will.
All they have to do is prove the aftermarket part led to the failure and that shit is far easy for them to do, and they'll just bend you over and fuck you like the little fuck boy you are

Not that guy but,
>vehicle inspection form
>registration
>insurance
Wew. Dont make shit up, you faggot no-car cunt. Theyd never let you drive uber if you cant even read the documents they want.

>invalidated argument
Except you're the one that just said the mm act. Do you know what discretion means? Kek. You're so full of shit that you don't even know what you're arguing anymore. I wouldn't think that someone so retarded would have the mental capacity to work and be able to afford a new vehicle, color me surprised. Then again, it's very likely you're just lying and a hail mary attempt at damage control.
>literally
>literally
>projecting your gay fantasies
#autismspeaks
Still waiting for that proof. Guess it'll never be posted since it doesn't exist. People like you are the exact reason I hope Veeky Forums gets deleted. Full of nothing but nonsense and too fucking ignorant to find out what really happens, even with all of the resources available online. Go ahead and have the last reply, as that probably grows another hair on your neck a little longer, thus solidifying another internet victory for you.

I'll enjoy my mountain dew and hentai as I wallow in this decisive victory against you
thanks faggot