>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes you can daily drive a miata no problem

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow (with four snow tires)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OnLaotz-kBY
clubroadster.net/vb_forum/home.php#/topics/4503?_k=tic1rm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/OnLaotz-kBY

desu I'd rather have the 2.5 swap over a renesis swap. Still a cool car though

Bump

>NC
Nah

>lust after na
>get it
>lust after rx-8

curse you humanity!

Mfw 6'3 overweight

tfw no 3 spoke wheels

Mfw 6'2" overweight

Still test driving one tomorrow tho

OP doesn't mean overweight, it should read obese. As long as you're under 230lbs @ 6'2" it'll be fine.

I'm 6'7" arround 200 pounds, what are my chances of fitting n one?

330 @ 6'2"

I lift a lot though so it's not all fat. Pretty sure I won't fit but doing it for shits and giggles.

Cars.com says the legroom and headroom are about the same as my DD.

when is the NC gonna get the aftermarket support the NA and NB have?

Also how long do you guys think the MZR engines will last in the NC2 and NC3?

Bump

The most delicious meaty tires.

What power steering fluid should I put in my Miata? Service manual calls for ATF Dexron II or M-III. Dexron II is no longer sold so I need to know what a proper alternative should be.

Literally any atf ever. Dexron 3 will work

Thank you

I don't think you'd fit mang

There are a fair amount of aftermarket options for the NC. Definitely not as much as NA or NB but few cars have an aftermarket that large.

The MZR (also called duratec) is pretty reliable and is used in a lot of other cars. There will be no shortage of replacement engines even if they were unreliable.

sorry for being a newfag, since I don't frequent this board.

is this qt car good as a first car? I've always wanted a roadster so I figured why not save up for this one.

If it's comfy for your size and you don't need more than 4 cu ft o trunk space yea sure. It's a bretty good DD.

oh, good point, since I live in Eastern Europe, these are quite rare, so I'll be likely driving one home from Germany. Guess I should lie to some local lad that I want to test drive one to see if I fit.

it has a lot of benefits
>fun
>hard to get into trouble with because slow as fuck
>feedback-rich so you get lots of information from the car
>relatively cheap
>pretty reliable

but the drawbacks is
>very, very impractical
mostly because of its tiny cargo capacity and how it's ass on the highway

how to get that front fascia? the foglights look better than the early NC and I hate the dumb smile of the late NC

Hey if you can afford it then its a decent daily. Plus with the nd out, its price will hopefully go down

They're already cheap here (bongland)
Pricewise, NB < NA = NC1 < NC2

>tfw regretting getting 15x7 wheels over 15x9/15x10

why?

>buying into le staggered setup meme then going full reddit on dimensions

Because 15x7 looks thin compared to 15x9 with 225 or 15x10 with 245. Also, muh grip.

Even stock wheel size with decent tires has enough grip for enjoyable canyon driving.

Should I trade in my FiST for a low mileage NC?

Would also be used as a daily driver

if you can live without the extra seats and trunk space then sure.

the latest FiST is quicker than a stock NC though. not sure about the previous gen

I think it's the Mazdaspeed front end.

I found the pic on clubroadster.net/vb_forum/home.php#/topics/4503?_k=tic1rm

tfw picking up these 14x7 enkei rpf1s tomorrow :)

My CAS o-ring is leaking oil and I figured I would polish my valve cover while I'm at it. Pic is halfway through the process after the 500 grit pass. Not bad considering I'm being lazy about it and there's still a shitload of pitting and gashes.

Are you doing this by hand or with power/air tools? I've been wanting to do this for a while. Mine is painted wrinkle black but it's flaking a little bit by the oil cap

I'm doing the sanding by hand, will likely polish with a power drill. I was tempted to do the sanding with power but a lot of people stressed that you have to sand in the same direction to create a grain and doing that with power tools sounded complicated.

I see, makes sense. I think I'm just going to buy a second valve cover to polish so my car isn't MIA while I'm polishing.

>tfw still DDing my miata

I kinda did the same by pulling the valve cover from my old engine and am planning to swap it with the current one when done. Doing an engine swap and having the old engine laying around is turning out to be pretty handy.

I bet. I had a parts car for a while, it was super nice (sold the engine in one piece though)

Hello, I just wanted to drop in and say FUCK THE FUCKING SEAT MOUNTING POSITIONS. I HATE MAKING SEAT BRACKETS FUCK EVERYONE EAT A DICK ASSHOLE MOUNTING LOCATIONS. FUCK YOU RETARDED HUMP IN THE TRANNY TUNNEL YOU CUNT FUCK YOU UP THE HAIRY BUTTCUNT.

With that done, anyone running diy brackets have a pic I can use for reference? I have a general idea about the mounting positions, but the seat always seems to be tilted towards the door because of the FUCKING TRANNY HUMP CUNT FUCK.

I just noticed a nice pop when I turn the wheel at low speeds, I'm stoked about whatever is coming.

What's the general's thoughts on the 2010 and up Miatas? Any ones I should stay away from? Any one that seems better then the rest?

Looking at getting a new car to replace my Datsun 280z as my Daily Driver. Right now, Im deciding between a 2012 or up Mini Cooper and a newer Miata.

I like the Cooper for it's back seat and gas mileage, but hate the look. I have always loved miatas and I feel like it wouldn't feel too different from my Z.

I know this is kind of a biased place to ask, but what would you all do?

Some background: Have a daily comute of 2 hours highway each day and I'm 6'4" but pretty dang skinny.

Thanks for any advice given.

From what I understand, all minis are expensive as hell to service and have typical euro reliability

It could be something as simple as the alignment bolts loosening up and the control arm moving a little. That happened to me once.

This, best bet with owning a mini isto get one from a dealer and keep it until the warranty runs dry

This

I have a friend who owns newer minis and they're fucking reliability nightmares

2010+ NCs are great cars from what I know. The earlier ones don't handle that great due to the suspension being too soft and rolly. But the later ones are good cars. I would get a soft top model with a removable hard top over the PRHT model. Just because of weight and because the removable hard top looks so good, pic related

What coilovers do you guys use?

Raceland ultimo :3

Are they bad? I've heard so many pawful things

Meister-R

I can't complain 2bh, they just werk

Tell us how did it go

Not coilovers, but I use tokico adjustable shocks and flyin Miata springs

Fuck off furcunt

I'm not a furcunt, I just don't have anything against mr cummypaws. He's a cool dude

How is the ride quality?

>tfw no cheap 245s on 10s

>14x7
Literally why? Just stick with your stock wheels if you're just buying narrow 14s.

They're trash. Just get the $20/corner Sensen shocks and a $30 coilover kit.

I put konis in my raceland tubes :3

Konis are trash, too. Are those the $350/corner ones? Should have just saved for Xidas, or bought FCM or MCS or Feal.

Hot opinions bro, I will def take them into consideration

Don't take it from me, then. Take it from Emilio Cervantes, Andrew Kidd, Keith Tanner, Bob Bundy, etc, etc.

Taken

I fucking give up. I don't know anymore.
Cunt cut the fucking obd2 connector and the diagnosis doesn't work. I don't know what the fuck the problem is.

Replaced fuel pump, fuel strainer, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, coil pack, wires, ecu, cleaned the egr valve, cleaned the maf, etc.

RPM still like to idle at 1,500 when warmer up and the CEL refuses to go off. What gives? I can't even find a solution on forums.

I drove an NB which from what I understand is smaller inside than an NA.
I had to lean forward to see out the windshield with the top up and my head touched the top a little bit. It was comfy but the steering wheel was digging into my legs. Other than that the clutch pedal was crazy high off the floor (compared to other stuff I've driven).

Overall I'd say was 6/10 Sitting inside. Drive was 10/10 once the top was down tho.

I sat in an ND and it has more legroom and the steering wheel is better. But the way the seats hold you in is wierd.

>Literally why? Just stick with your stock wheels if you're just buying narrow 14s.

not that guy, but maybe because it's a good lightweight wheel and good looking while at that?
not to mention 14x7 is perfectly fine for a miata
i use 15x6,5 and for me it's a fine balance between the grip and slip

and by that i mean it grips pretty fucking good but i can lose traction if i so desire

I'm gonna go try to test an NC2 or NC3 next.

Is there anything left to the wiring on the obd2 connector? Because I would have wired in a new plug before doing anything you did

>tfw there are no miatas for sale in my town
>I've only seen 1 and it was driven by an old man

:(