/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yifanlu_ebooks/status/793241141277843456
mega.nz/#!RMlgnJYS!oF-a3-QyVSeCyxn8VVIj3a7Z8iKa3QBTzddLgXkpoB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>NTR will NEVER be open source

LEAKS WHEN

2nd for God is an amazing God.

5 HOURS WHEN?

4TH FOR LEAKS WHEN?

Man, that controller is so hideous.
Why did they go asymmetric?
The Wii U's pro controller was pretty good.

What are the chances and how long will it take for a 3DS with CFW to boot DS games from the SD card?

Read the thread linked in the OP, it answers any question you might have.

Meant to quote OP but fuck it. Have an accidental (You).

I'd say about a 50:50 shot ahezard has something functioning before he burns out.

And if he does it, don't expect it sooner than 3 months from now.

It's also probably not worth waiting for with all the compatibility bugs. Keep in mind he was shooting for 40% at the first release.

Xth for emuNAND fans btfo when Sun and Moon gets leaked.

...?

Sun/Moon CXI->CIA converts will install just fine on CFW, Emunand or not.

Fags*

I think Yardapede's yMod can be added to the loadiine list in OP pastebin - his effort seems to get even more DLC on SD functional.

Also I think you can NOW just download smash bros and install it with brazilian method, making DLC work?

Though, like said other thing I think is being made in yMod is better DLC support even in MiiMaker mode.

EVERYBODY ON THE FLOOR, THIS IS A STICK UP

PUT THE S/M LEAKS IN THE BAG AND NOBODY GETS HURT

While you're waiting for the new Pokemon game, why not play one of mine? Skyrim Remastered just came out recently! You should buy it.

You cannot hurt me with your American bullets!

does it work good?

Made sure to put it on my Christmas list, Todd.

Why are people so sure SM is getting leaked today? Store shipments came in today?

Having played it, I can tell you that it just works!

B-but the original with mods is better Todd.And it's not 60 dollars

yeah, they started shipping out to some stores as well as reviewer copies today

Anything good happen in the last 3 weeks (I've been away)?
Any decent new 3DS/Shita games get released/announced?
Is Berserk really 3.61 only?
Anything good happen on the scene? I notice Luma is now going SD-card-less, thought that was very cool.

If you reply to this post with your one /hbg/ wish there is a 0.7% chance it will be granted within the next 24 hours.

>mfw I live in Broward County.

Does that mean I am secretly Rod? Then who is T-

DS games loading from SD card without flashcards

One wish would be DS ROMS ON SD CARD

top kek

...ha.
Haha, ha, ha.
I know this is you, Sawyer, you piece of shit.
Of course you'd be the one out here talking about mods. You took the engine we built and wrote edgy fanfiction over it and now you think you have the biggest dick in the world. You know what else was 60 dollars? The profit your studio made. Now fuck off my turf.

I wish for DS games without flashcarts... to never ever happen.

Super Mario RPG VC for N3DS and Banjo Kazooie/Toole on Wiiu.

look at this faggot with his ccc-combo breaker

NTR going open source

>40% compatibility rate
Your wish is granted

Some shitty store was selling a Wii U at 70 % off so i decided to get it, what's the best hack currently available on it?
Wii U came out with 1.0.3 update, do i have to update it to a more recent version?

PS4 hax

I wish my waifu became real and fell in love with me

read the fucking OP

don't worry Tod I'm grateful to have it for free due to owning all the dlc before hand

Sun/Moon game leaks would be nice.

LEAK POKÉMON S/M IN LESS THAN A WEEK.

C'MON, DO IT.

>twitter.com/yifanlu_ebooks/status/793241141277843456
what did he mean by this?

3.61+ games please, I don't want to have to buy the PS4 version of Steins;Gate 0.

That wont happen before 3.61 hax, which nobody is looking for, or lv0 hax, which is hard as shit.

lv0 hax would be cool as shit though.

Is the update for ACNL available yet? I have the latest titlekeys available but freeshop isn't offering the update, nor does my 3DS prompt me when I go to launch the game.

so update it in game

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY COCKSUCKING POKÉMON SUN/MOON LEAK???
YOU SON OF A BITCH RETAILERS, LEAK THIS PIECE OF SHIT OR I WILL LEAK YOU FROM EXISTENCE

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

what do you mean?

You have to go back

Use the normal eshop. Worked fine for me.

Update it immediately, as 5.5.1 which is fully hackable version of firmware is still most recent.
The OP has guide and some info.

Currently, without going into terriory of most Gentoo users, you can pirate 100% official eShop games that also came on disc, and some disc only releases (depending on availability of a full disc .WUD dump)

This means you can install games on USB or system storage (stop roll don't on 8 gigs and even on 32 gigs you'd want a external USB drive) as if they are 100% legit - as far as the console thinks they are - this means that just recently pirating a game and playing it online came possible.

Second thing is Loadiine. This is SD card ONLY loader that can take a game and run it from SD card, faking it to run under Mii Maker or other game title for the console. Main reason why Loadiine does not function for Online is because the console thinks you are playing Mii Maker, Smash or something else when you play Loadiine games. Also, being limited to SD cards, some games perform TERRIBLY when being accessed from SD. Still, Loadiine is very good and went through a lot of development and community mods.

Things Loadiine does that USB installation currently cannot do (without IOSU, REDnand, CFW):
Region Free.
Compatible with DLC for SOME games - such as Smash or Hyrule warriors.
Fan patches - such as undub for Xenoblade X or uncencor patch for Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Currently what tools you'd want for Wii U hacking? A 64 gig SD card, smaller if you got 8 gig Wii U model is good but you want a large SD card, 64 gigs is good in price per gigs department still. When later CFW etc some out, you most likely need to put an emunand on SD card which takes your console's system size (plus 512megs, maybe?) - so this is future proofing for that.

Also to install stuff, your SD needs to first hold it. Some games are ~20gigs, do the math.

500gig USB drive (with external power or y-split cable) is good enough.

He means update the game by pressing Y when it says to when starting up. I believe that is what you have meant to say in your post

there is literally an option to update through the games start screen. not pressing y i mean starting the game and updating from WITHIN

I see it now, thanks user.

If i use the non-Loadiine hack, can i still load games from SD cards? Because i currently have a 64 GBs SD card, but i don't have a decent USB drive, don't really feel like spending extra money for it

then install to system memory.
USB or Internal only. No SD.

Alright, thanks user, i'll just get an external hard drive or something i guess

I am still so used to the fact that DLC on 3DS gets wiped whenever you access eShop, if it is installed from CIA or something at least.

Is there currently anything to stop this from happening? Say, if you install the DLC with 3DS title key will it even then get wiped out?

I have 3 gigs of DLC CIA files on my SD just because I know I have to reinstall them from any eShop access I do.

Yes: Basically currently there is a Kernel hack you run through a browser exploit. There is homebrew launcher and good amount of homebrew. the USB stuff is not really much of an hack, for your console at least - it was mostly figuring out making needed tickets from disc compatible with eShop release to make them 100% legit to the console, making the console accept the installations. You need the hack and launch an installer that uses the kernel exploit to install the titles, but once installed they are on your USB as a official game would be, no need to do anything special to play a game from USB after it is installed.

Loadiine you just run through the same method, launch browser point it to web page hosting exploits+launcher for either Loadiine or Homebrew channel, launch your loadiine and then the game.

Like said though; if you want to play something online get a USB drive, and after updating the console block updates.

So; no. Since the USB method is not a hack, at least on console's side, it is making 100% legit installer for a game and installing that game on the console. Wii U officially only uses it's internal system storage (8 or 32 gigs) and optionally a USB drive. just a SATA disc in a USB to SATA with some external power works fine too.

>I am still so used to the fact that DLC on 3DS gets wiped whenever you access eShop.
Fucking this, that shit never happened in my emunand

Format your 3ds and don't link it to your old nnid, it only happens if you have anything legitimately purchased on your account and it's impossible to remove those tickets

if you have smash bros usb installed you can use smash mode in loadiine, it's nice.
I haven't had much luck getting the aocpatcher to work yet, it didn't like my decrypted mario kart 8 dlc for my usb install.

aocpatcher only seems to work with games with sd access, so pretty much only smash

Well that explains it then, the github page had fuck all information besides the folder structure, it might even want the encrypted files I don't know.
I'm happy enough with my usb installs anyway, fuck everything else.

mega.nz/#!RMlgnJYS!oF-a3-QyVSeCyxn8VVIj3a7Z8iKa3QBTzddLgXkpoB8

HAPPENING

and:
If you want to play games from SD card, you use Loadiine. Only thing it does not do is online compatible. Only "trick" into Loadiine is to format your SD card to FAT32 with 64k chunk sizing (so the data is read faster which is huge for some games, Project Zero comes to mind)

for now I would personally get started, put some apps and shit and update then block updates in the console etc.

So where's Sun/Moon? I thought it was in retailers today. Someone dump it.

Where did you get this from?

Hey, I had a GW before and now i'm on 9.2 (Didn't install anything yet just freshly got it past the guide except installing all the homebrews).

Will I need to install all the homebrew stuff to get my EmuNAND back or do I need to do something else?

the EmuNAND IS written to the SD, but for some reason Luma3DS doesn't boot into it, just regular Sys.

What is this.

inb4 cory in the house.

Mustard gas.

3.61+ games

I guess you just got done installing a9lh?

You can configure Luma to boot whichever NAND you want.

2.98GB. Hmm... Close considering the installed files size gets adjusted after installation.

>2.9 gbs

Isn't sun/moon bigger?

CIAs are sometimes a bit smaller than the unpacked contents.

I think the upload is legit?
It matches to pokemon MOON, and someone has a KEY for it too.

inB4 it is just a CIA for the Preload data.

Yeah probably not

don't do this to me user

I'll bite. It's not like I have anything else better to do than to be a guinea pig.

It's fake.

>CoryInTheHouse.cia for 3 weeks straight
How entertaining.

OH SHIT ITS OUT

Someone load it on citra to check.

OMG IT'S LEGIT!!!

>no proof
>expects people to download a 3gb file

I just want commercial ROM support for DS loaders. I don't want 1000hrs in some Spongebob game logged to my 3DS activity.

After restoring the nandmin.bin backup and rebooting the ds, screen will just stay black as if it was always about to boot. What do?

Citra doesn't do .cia files does it?

That takes longer than testing it on a 3DS

I'm gonna test it anyway, so I'll post a pic. It's at 92% so far.

Stop fucking samefagging. You have been at this all day. I'd it early release day at school or something?

This reminds me how people memed the game so hard on one youtube channel that the guy ended up reviewing the whole game going "why" the whole way through.

I gotta feeling it's going to leak tomorrow.

POST YFW IT'S REAL

>Not wanting the leak after asking for it for weeks
kill yourself to be honest family

You people are beyond dumb. Protip: when it's actually real it'll be on 3DSISO