What do you think about Honda Ridgeline?

What do you think about Honda Ridgeline?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B5eE697aqEg?t=15m
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overpriced, extremely limited bed space even for a modern truck.

Sure it might be good for most people, but when you can pay $30k for a loaded Sierra SLE or F-150 XLT... why even bother?

retarded

the bed is too small, the front end is too minivan looking.

something a suburban soccer mom would drive just to load their groceries in the bed.

To me it looks like a a bulbous midside crossover with a bed attached to it. It's ug as fug.

Wait, they did this intentionally?

I've never heard of a FWD truck until this shit came out.

Depending on what you do a fwd pickup can be ok.

Don't need rwd to carry road cones and tools along a highway.

But then again this transporter is aimed at actual workmen and costs significantly less than the ridgeline.

At least Honda separated the bed from the body this time, that was my biggest gripe with the last one.

Yes.

I try not to.

It's a truck for people who don't need a truck, so 95% of truck owners

Look forward to picking one up as a daily driver when they eventually fail, that bed would be useful for hauling car parts and towing my car to the track

VW Rabbit

This, with the death of the truly cheap & small pickup in the '90s the Ridgeline is the truck for the 95%

The pilot is better

sadly this!
also this:

youtu.be/B5eE697aqEg?t=15m

is priceless

for some reason you can't embed youtube videos starting in the middle
skip to 15:00 to see what I meant

>Transmission Temperature Too Hot
Wow.. Pretty sissy of a truck.

Final nail in the coffin of honest work trucks.

That's 'cause he was going too slow for the factory tranny cooler to have any effect and since the torque converter is slipping at 5mph it's generating a lot more heat than usual
He could have cranked up the AC to max to get some air moving past the condensor and tranny cooler at the same time to avoid that

Besides in real world usage it can easily tow 5000lbs up a 7% grade at 60mph without overheating because it would actually have airflow

Better hope there's an alternate reality where there's never any stop and go traffic.

1: as the truck was passing by, you could hear the fans spinning at max speed - AC would have just made things worse
2: all the other trucks were doing the exact same thing
3: stop and go traffic in 100F weather would have done the same (unless you keep shifting in/out of D to avoid the heat from the torque converter)
4: towing 5000lbs up a 7% grade at 60mph is way more taxing on the engine than the transmission

do you work for honda or you just bought a ridgeline and you can't sit down because of all the butthurt?

I'd rather wait for this baby to come back

>1: as the truck was passing by, you could hear the fans spinning at max speed - AC would have just made things worse
Not really

>2: all the other trucks were doing the exact same thing
They all have larger trannies

>3: stop and go traffic in 100F weather would have done the same (unless you keep shifting in/out of D to avoid the heat from the torque converter)
Stop and go traffic would be nowhere as near as taxing, and shifting in and out of drive would be even worse for any automatic transmission. Didn't they teach you this in driver's ed?

>4: towing 5000lbs up a 7% grade at 60mph is way more taxing on the engine than the transmission
No shit, but engines can take that abuse easily

>do you work for honda or you just bought a ridgeline and you can't sit down because of all the butthurt?
No, I just hate stupid people

1: you just didn't hear the fans or AC (with fans at the max) would have somehow been better?
2: exactly, ridgeline is a sissy truck; all the others are direct competitors
3: shifting = worse for AT, better for the heat created by the torque converter
we are talking about transmission TEMPERATURE, remember?
4: again, we are talking about TRANSMISSION temperature; at that speed the converter is locked
focus, alright, focus!

then you must really hate yourself!

What's with all the emotion ad exclamation marks? Did a Ridgeline touch you?

it "touched" me indirectly
every time someone comes up with a good idea, competition makes it better
every time someone creates a shitty product that still sells, the competition learns that engineering is second to marketing and we (consumers) all lose

example:

apple spends a lot on marketing - iphone sells like crazy
samsung starts spending even more on marketing - they outsell apple
HTC reduces marketing budget to spend more on R&D - they're almost bankrupt

WTF?

So far Honda has made a great truck that still doesn't compete with brands that have years of experience making them. In the next generations Honda will beat all of them for sure.

So what you're saying that that Honda is HTC?

Its a great mall crawler and its great for hauling dogs, kids, and groceries. AWD means it will handle fine in rain/snow.
If you really need it to, it'll do light duty truck things.

Perfect vehicle for lesbians, nu-males, and men with wives that dont like trucks. Theres nothing wrong with it, but there are far better options

Honda is samsung

I don't get why people think they need AWD in rain. Like, it's not snow. And after the first couple rains all the oil is washed away and it isn't even that slick any more.

T. Someone who lives in the PNW

Neat idea, I like the independent rear suspension and unibody build, but those are nice on cars. This is a crossover pickup, not a truck

No that's Toyota

Why do people need AWD in the snow either? You need winter tires, not a fancy SUV or truck with AWD

No, Samsung is the Samsung of cars

I meant honda is samsung in this particular example ...
Also, consider the fact that the tacoma is quite nice (again, in this particular example - small trucks)

The Tacoma has shit seats

I don't know about the execution, but the idea is great. Most people don't really need a truck, just a car with a bed, which is basically what the Ridgeline is. 2017 version looks great, and has a lot of cool features. If I was in the market for a truck, I'd seriously consider it, although I wouldn't want this new one until the refresh when they work the bugs out.

STOP TALKING SENSE REEEEE

The bed and the body are not separate. there's just an indentation in the stamping.

>2017 version looks great

Have you seen one in person? It looks like a fucking Tata or something.

Kind of want one
> comfy
> can carry people
> can carry plywood and other shit from Home Depot
> can carry car to track
> comfy DDable
Realistically though would just get an old Ranger or F150 but if I had to get something new, it'd be on my short list.

Ok, it isn't for everyone, but I like it. I think all could agree that it looks better than it used to. I've seen a few black editions in person and still think they look good, but I'll agree it is a personal thing.

Also I'm a Honda fanboy so I am biased.

Let's hope they don't start exploding while sitting down and doing nothing.

I would get one, shit's comfy as fuck.

It's a unibody right? WTF?

>mfw wish Subaru would bring back the BRAT or Baja.

Guess my Loyale Wagon will suffice.

It's just as shitty as a Ford Ranger. Here's a tip, get a Chevy Colorado or a GMC Canyon. My top picks.

I hope they revive the brat, but as a two door/long bed. I think that's why the Baja didn't do so well

This is unibody as well

wrangler is superior in every way THO

But how does it handle on the highway?

Lol, I severely doubt it has the payload to tow a car.

Maybe not a pig fat Mustang, but it can tow a spec Miata or Boxster just fine

Lel

dangertotransmission.gif

It didn't at the time, but man are they highly desirable now. They hold their value, a good Baja can be around 8k. The same amount for a beat to shit WRX of same years

Transmission has a beefier cooler for towing

its as stupid as the vw amarok

It would be better if it wasn't so expensive. IIRC, it has the highest base price of any mid size pickup.

Those early VW A1 vehicles would run forfuckingever. The engine block was the same for diesel, carbed, and Bosch mechanical FI.

Probably the best quality engine VW ever made.

If buying well used get F150, and no 4.2s because hydrolock and the new gaskets aren't guaranteed cure. 4.6 run forever. Also contemporary Chevrolets with V8.

Rangers don't get enough mileage difference to be worth it over an F150 which does a lot more.

But it also comes with the most shit

sumit detected

A truck for doing minivan things, and a minivan for doing truck things.
It will do neither job well, and it gives the same image as a nissan cube with a 6" lift.

lettingthetransmissioncooloffagain.jpg

I dont.

Fuck off Martin

Ridgeline is an awesome real truck and the izuzu version is even better.

Wildtrak is my next vehicle.

Honda makes good transmissions

Pls