Fox Body Mustangs

My friend is looking to get his first car, hes looking at a fox body, so i ask you Veeky Forums what are some of the qurks, and is a fox body a good car to buy as his first car

It's a piece of shit with a potential choked, wheezing V8.
If he gets one tell him to 351 Windsor swap

Hes looking at the 2.3 L 4 bannger

Also would a LS swap work in a fox body?

It would work but I dunno how a Chevy engine would mate to a ford gearbox

YES ITS THE FASTEST CAR UNDER 10K

Yes you can LS swap a fox body, but lets be honest here, your fucking friend isn't going to LS swap his fox body. Your friend is going to spend 2k on a shitted out i4 and take even worse care of it.

There's no point to it considering what can be done with ford components.
It has been done.
Any upgrade from a 4 banger means changing out differential and transmission also.
Most bang for the buck, you're an idiot.
215hp for under $10k sticker price. Nobody else could compete with that at the time.

Thanks guys and gals, is there any major glaring issues on the 2.4L i know ford used it alot in the 80s, so i would its kinda bullet proof

Yeah, don't get the 2.4L. It's shitty, it's slow, and it's not fun. Just get a fucking 5.0.

Kek

It's a piece of shit stop rationalizing

RIP bank account

The majority of fox's are piece of shit and dangerous to drive. The day I buy one, it will be a full frame resto.

Heres my fox. 5.0 Vortech Supercharged. They are fun little cars.

Most are beat to shit now a days and the prices seem to be rising.

I paid a pretty penny for this one here.

Jesus fucking Christmas you idiots. NO.
NO TO ALL OF THAT SHIT.

OP, 5.0 or bust. You must get suffrage connectors because the cars are flexy as fuck stock. You owe it to yourself to get a nice h-pipe exhaust and 3.55 rear end gears.

Now the stock 302 is asthmatic but is still decently quick, and flow issues are solved with gt40(p) heads and intake manifold off of a mid 90s Explorer with the 5.0. Check local junkyards.

Stop living in the north and expecting a cheap car to be good you retarded Yankee.

If he's looking for a daily driver then no. He should get something reliable for a first car.

If he doesn't need a reliable mode of transportation then it'd be okay but a Camaro or Corvette would be better.

Why the fuck did you even quote me retard. I wasn't suggesting he do an LS swap, I was simply just telling him it's possible and his poor fag friend wasn't going to be doing one to his first car any time soon.

Also 3.55 gears, nigger get the 3.73

Tell him to take out a nice life insurance policy because he'll probably kill himself driving it.

3.55 for manual, 3.73 for auto. You could go 373 manual and 4.11 auto but my car is already over 2000 rpm at 65 MPH with 3.55s and these cars get loud past 2000.

Aww, I found the ricer who constantly gets blown into the weeds by the mustangs on club night at the track.

The 2.3 is a gutless wonder. A JY explorer 5.0 or LS is the only way to go.

Or you could, you know- stop being a pleb and actually build a SB ford instead of buying a junkyard motor.

As an owner of a 2.3 L foxbody, I can confirm. It's very slow. Haven't ever had any problems with it besides that, though. I still love the thing.

I own a 5.0 HO Fox, not a mustang.
It's decent. Great car. Something in the door is rattling.
Easy to fix, decent power, enjoyable exhaust tone.
The interior is forever caked in dust.
The engine has a nice roar. It has a nice torque feeling.
Doesn't rev past 5,000.

Great car, 37k miles.