/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

It's Fucking Nothing edition. Thanks Taito.

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MA4KeIxyzEU
world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Guwange/mode7/index.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for fish.

Second for japan only fish

Is he damaged? Are the memes a cry for help?

only good Darius

What is the most dadcore shmup?

garegga

rtype

Yes he is!

If they already announced the 30th anniversary PS4 game why is there still a countdown?

Wrong image, here's the more recent one.

Is there a guide anywhere for all the break bonuses in BR?

ded fish

Bump.

Where is everyone? It truly is a dead general.

recommend a shmup noov a cute em up thanks

I'm here, but won't be for long because bedtime.

The Cotton series

any particular one to start with or do i just try them out in order

I've never played them, so just start in order I guess. The first one doesnt look that bad anyway

okay will do, thanks

I fade in and out. I've been playing Deathsmiles a lot these past few days, so tonight I'm taking off and streaming something else to relax with.

I have noticed the general being a bit less active lately, though. I wonder why that is...

10m never

this, dads love it here. Garegga appeal to similar people who like modern shmups

noob here, how long did it take for you to consider yourself decent at shmups?

6 months.

I dont know, a couple months?

less time than I expected. I've been practicing for a few weeks. Got time to go.

Work sucks

QP Shooting Dangerous or Witchbot Meglilo

I've been playing for 3 years and still know I'm not decent at shmups.

You'll never be decent at shmups. Perhaps can become decent at 1 or 2 games, but being decent at many games is only possible for japanese superplayers.

What about gaymers?

6 months full shmup 10-20 hours a week.

probably all b&

>decent
A year into shmups I can get quick 1cc's in different games (takes me a few days if I'm taking it halfway seriously) and do easy scoring. I consider it slow.

Too busy with political shenanigans to post on here, played some CCWI for distraction though. Made it to stage 5 with Type III. 1cc maybe after Thursday.

there's nothing more laughable than playing 20 year old dead and irrelevant kusoges

1cc collecting =/= decent

Decent was originally conceived as being less than good, which was conceived as being less than excellent/outstanding. We need to go deeper.

If you don't have a CAVE WR you're just trash.

Is the Wild Snail a good plane for beginners? Or should I practice with Gain?

Gain seems to have some weird movement, it feels like theres a lot of input lag. Is it okay to use shmupmame 4.2 for Garegga?

bow down to gus

Can someone explain Ketsui first loop scoring to me like I'm in kindergarten?
Is the idea to point blank popcorn right before finishing the bigger guys so it chains the 5 medal status onto them?

>console modes
>relevant
If you don't have a CAVE arcade WR you're just trash.

1.01 isn't technically a console mode senpai
PCBs were made but never sold

nice bailout

at this point you could claim that this meme is primarily used by arcadiafags to deflect the responsibility of rimming gus's asshole for having a console cave wr

Multiple westies have console CAVE WRs. Nobody good cares about anything but arcade games.

Post you're Touhou WRs

probably because arcadia doesn't track (the almost nonexistent) arcades outside of japan, so you can neither play in most cases nor get "officially" recognised in any case

these westies as you say should be celebrated, what are their names?

Check the console modes for Pink Sweets, Muchi Muchi Pork, Akai Katana and such.

spooky tbqh, so many unknown heroes...

It's because only arcade games matter.

I have a video with a lot of annotations explaining it, it might help you out. youtube.com/watch?v=MA4KeIxyzEU

This is all so fucking arbitrary and needlessly complicated, it's like CAVE just hacked a bunch of random shit together with zero conscious design and let people figure out how to optimize it.
Remind me why people like this game again?

it's a meme game

Iconoclast had an arcade SDOJ WR for a while.

sauce?

>a westy reached the highest level

How much of this was actually intended by the developers?
I feel like I'm watching a pannenkoek video

On mobile now, can't bother linking. Search sdoj thread on the farm

>fucked up a run over the most stupid shit because I'm a fucking shit player who still can't beat a game after practicing it an entire year
>chimp pout and smash my laptop like a fucking ape
>hard drive starts clicking
>lost a ton of important personal files and years worth of ebin Veeky Forums images because I'm too poor to afford backup
I don't even give a shit at this point if this is blogposting, it's about fucking time for me to off myself and leave shmups to more competent players.
It's been real.

wut gam

Everything is going to be okay!

Is it Ketsui?

I knew that evaposter is never to be trusted.

I love shoop-da-whoopups! My favorites are DooDooPocky Moesushimesamom and Battle Garage.

I've been there. At least from my experience the real problem isn't the game, you're irritable and beat down from other life stuff and it ends up being taken out on video games.
I hope you feel better user, I have definitely broken shit over shmups before and I can pretty safely say you're probably a better shmup player than I am

Bump

I used to hate Psikyos but they've been growing on me
Too bad they emulate with lag and they need more frame perfect precision than most shmups

chillax bro it's just a game lol

I want a Garegga copy for my Saturn.

Literally why? The PS4 version will be 1000000000000000000000000000000000x better

Was stage design a meme all along?

Thanks for the games metrid.

ggggssss, sleep tight trap snail.

that's actually exactly how good games work

I don't have a PS4 and I don't care about the arrange mode. The additional info's on screen are pretty cool though.

This is why people should stream

t.cagar

The PS4 version will be a perfect port meanwhile the Saturn one isn't

PS4 or PCB only way to play

>PS4

PS4 doesn't have the power to be arcade perfect.

isn't there an option to remove input lag? if so, rev.2016 will be better than the arcade version

>>chimp pout and smash my laptop like a fucking ape
>>hard drive starts clicking
>>lost a ton of important personal files and years worth of ebin Veeky Forums images

t. Hilary clinton

>I have noticed the general being a bit less active lately, though. I wonder why that is...
Because i haven't been here for a whilst and i got banned and you can't rely on the retards here to ever start a conversation. I've also been grinding guwange fairly hard top get 50 mil which is proving extremely difficult.

That's stupid as hell claim.

Garegga PCB lags. PS4 port will be better than even PCB. Much like ESPGaluda and DOJ PS2 are better than their PCBs.

M2 is knowing what they are doing.

THe pcb of garegga is banned from scoring something that the ps4 version will fix along with less lag.

Ay senpai, could you explain Guwange's mechanics to me so that I can make your score look inadequate sooner?

Sure what area are you struggling with? and which charatcer yu using?

I'm using the yellow ghostbuster.

I'd like a run-down on everything the game contains in terms of mechanics so that I know what I should be paying attention to. Can you also tell me what the first thing I should be learning is?

Read through this for a start

world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Guwange/mode7/index.htm

Each character plays slightly different, you need to get an intricate knowledge of stage layout and focus on positioning yourself smartly during each step to use your shiki more efficiently and with less danger. Knowing when you use shot instead of shiki to farm coins is important. The very first thing to learn is trying to get 1000 coins by the mid of stage 1 which is achieved by smart positioning and cancels, then you can get much more from the flocking bats etc. Get ready to be supremely annoyed by cat spider and for that i would recommend starting with the 3 cycle plan ie dodging 2 bombing the 3rd and forcing him to the final cycle.

Who the fuck is the yellow ghostbuster?

i played 1942 for 4 hours and don't know how people 1cc it, it's very repetitive, i couldn't even watch an hour long 1cc replay that was speed-up.

>DFK scoring contest had results announced same day as the end date for the contest
>Deathsmiles scoring contest ended about 17 hours ago and still no word on who won or even acknowledgment that it ended

I wonder if something's wrong.

Thanks for the link and tips. I'll start with learning shiki strats and enemy placement in stage 1. It's probably going to take a while before I get a decent score but I'm not in a rush or anything so whatever

Gensuke is the yellow ghostbuster because that's what his in-game sprite reminds me of