>get to sit in hospital for a few hours then go home
Meh not too bad

>experience chronic diarrhoea on labour day
>still have it
>go to docs today
>get a sick note
>feeling better right now
F O U R D A Y W E E K E N D

Why is it so aesthetic? It's the worst Falcon, but faaaaaaark.

you too mate?
>chronic diarrhea and vomiting the last 2 days
>cant make it to work today
>getting better but dont think i can make it tomorrow
>want to get doctors note but cant even leave my house because still shitting every 5 minutes
are we all facing a literal shitstorm this week?

Fuck me, I failed the VORT test.
Put my bloody indicator on too early too often.

Shit son when can you go back for another test?

Tuesday 18th.

Shoulda done cbt, it's a guaranteed pass.

But more expensive.

this, i was literally crying the entire time from stress and i still got my license, im pretty pathetic

True, it's buying your license vs earning it. How do you think so many useless cunts end up being legally able to drive

It's a fucking mystery.

I was stressed because it's a completely different, newer car than I have been learning to drive. Everything was digital control and I was thinking and doing at the same time for a lot of things.

you both have aids

>tfw no upmarket bogan chariot

they'll be sub $5k eventually, like any car

E-Series, perhaps. And that's what I'm hoping once I'm off my P's.

Gen-F(2) is going to be boomered. Hell, in twenty, thirty years some gronk with the burnt husk of a VF SV6 ute is going to try selling it for twice its original value.

>the last true Aussie Commodore
>classic model
>I know what I've got

The rest should be safe, though.

>tfw you will restore a junkyard V8 VE Commodore with your son

>How do you think so many useless cunts end up being legally able to drive
I figured some must've given the instructor a blowie.

I did it that way because I didn't have anyone to drive with me, did all the CBT thing and forged my hours

There's just shitloads of dodgy instructors out there who can give away licenses through the cbt system.

I have hardly anyone to drive with, but don't have to log hours because of my Motorbike License.
"You did really well, BUT you made one BIG CRITICAL MISTAKE repeatedly. You put your indicator on and passed streets multiple times. I would have passed you if you only did it once."
And then there was some general placement things she might've let slip, one time I undergripped the wheel, a mirror check and adjustment I did while moving after the reverse parallel and also that one time I was going to do in a wrong spot (solid white line).

I'll take her side there, it get's dangerous because people pull out if you indicate into the street before them, if you indicate too early and keep going you'll end up cleaning someone up

Which is why I didn't whine and complain about it.
I accepted that I fucked up. I felt that I kept indicating WAAAAAY too early.
My instructor didn't quite make enough of a point about it when I was driving with him, either because I didn't do it much with him or he didn't think much of it.

Another thread reminded me, a couple of months back there was that bloke from VIC who had his broken-down shitbox towed and impounded by HWP and was left stranded on the highway. Did he ever turn up or has that just been brushed under the rug?

yeah that one was a classic

Raises all sorts of questions, doesn't it? Did HWP leave him to freeze to death and does he now haunt the highways of Cucktoria, or was he abducted by aliens and dumped on another continent once they were done with him?

>restoring a VE V8 20-30 years later
sounds exciting

>go to medical centre to get a doctors note
>complaining about stomach cramps
>i get a sexy black woman see me
>she's laughing at my shit tier humour
>she asks to feel my stomach, checking for cramps
>she's touching my stomach, see her notice my boner
>she stops immediately
ive never had a woman touch me before, it was blissful

he was actually stranded near omeo, where it fucking SNOWS in the middle of that mega snowfall we had.

SES found him and he was airlifted to hospital, he's fine now.

Apparently police dropped all the impound charges against him, presumably so he won't sue.

He's probs been told hwy patrol won't ever bother him again as long as he dosen't go to the media.

i dunno, saw a statement from the SES in my local paper he was found and airlifted away. dunno much after that

I have this simultaneous loathing and secret love for the late model commo's.

On one hand it is the bogan chariot, the obvious choice for cashed up blokes with singlet tans and white-framed oakleys/middle management cunts trying to relive their youth

On the other hand, with a little work they sound mean and they go pretty good, plus comfy as fuck

Did the cops seriously leave someone on a highway in the middle of bumfuck nowhere?

That's messed up

>all these sick cunts
What's happening here?

yea, then the regular cops freaked the fuck out and posted a thing on vicpolicenews asking for people to keep an eye out for him after the family flipped their shit.

SES then went out and searched for the bloke, eventually found him with hypothermia and i have no idea what happened after that.

I live near bairnsdale which is close to where this happened, was loads of talk about it in the local paper when he was found.

>not throwing sickies a day after or before long weekend
unaustralian

Jesus if HWP try and impound my ute on the highway I'll just run until they go for the arrest. At least I'll get taken to a cell and not left to die in the middle of nowhere

Anyone here go bushbashing?

Anyone here done a trip through the desert?

I mean what happened was the cops refused to give him a lift back and so did the tow truck driver.

Normally i guess the towie would give you a lift, or the cops...but they're both fucking cunts.

On the topic of what this guy's saying, what's a good 4x4 to pick up for 5-10 grand and wrench on? Something reliable for offroading in the bush

>On the topic of what this guy's saying, what's a good 4x4 to pick up for 5-10 grand and wrench on? Something reliable for offroading in the bush

4.2 Diesel Patrol. Literally unbreakable.

There is an entire business dedicated to ripping the shitty 3.0 Diesels out of the GU chassis and putting in the older 4.2 Diesel.

Can you tell me more about patrols? This will be my first 4x4 so i'm a total newfag, i've only dealt with sports cars.

I like the idea of diesel for amazing fuel economy though, since i've been daily driving a fucking sports car.

Do they get good fuel usage?

Cheers for the help cunts

>see riced out nsx with gt300 lookalike body kit
>20" wheels
>shiny blue with other colours mixed in
wasnt too bad until i heard the econobox tier exhaust note and automatic shifting

Yep 4.2 patrol or the old 75 series 6 cylinder landcruisers. Make sure they are factory turbo though, aftermarket jobs are usually not properly engineered and are timebombs. They are both one of the few examples where 500 000k's on the clock is nothing to worry about.

Good luck finding a reasonably straight, factory turbo model of either one for less than 10-15k though, their bulletproof reliability means every off-roader wants one. Me included

Did NSX's even come in automagic?

no, it's probs an aftermarket dual clutch.

yeah the originals had a faggot option

what should i expect to get out of a tank of diesel in a 4x4?

1000km?

Fuel economy in an old diesel like that isn't amazing, the crazy fuel economy meme only applies to very modern, high tech diesels. Still better than old petrol clunkers though

Check for rust, especially underside of the cab, seat mounts, suspension housing, engine mounts and engine bolts. Take a little steel ruler or centre punch and gently tap any suspicious areas, make sure they haven't just tar-painted over serious corrosion.
A bit of soot on startup/heavy acceleration is okay with older motors, constant soot/smoke is not. Fucked injectors/head/valves are the likely cause.
Look for cracks in suspension housing, engine mounts, chassis rails and diffs. Take it for a trst drive and make sure transfer box (4wd mode) works in low and high/check lockable hubs work in the older vehicles.

Don't be scared off by some dented panels and shitty interiors, as long as it is mechanically sound you can't go wrong with an old patrol or cruiser, especially for your first fourby.

Try closer to 600. Old technology mane.

Also, if you want a project rig a non-turbo patrol or cruiser is excellent. You won't be going anywhere fast but they are even simpler to work on than the TD42/1HZ, spares are cheaper when people part out their old bombs and they will still get you anywhere you want to go with a bit of experience.

Males aren't allowed on that floor and there's triple the surveillance cameras. It's just a meme, signs won't stop me from wearing a wig and some lip gloss to get an easier carpark

I've seen ads for this. The spaces are larger so the dumb cunts can park easier. They are literally treating women like incompetent cunts who cant park in the name of sexism

youtube.com/watch?v=947fP6QTmBo
Our boy assange is going to drop some truth bombs soon, lets see of if he lets us down or make australia proud

lmao cucked by daylight savings. Waiting an hour fuckers

This is a joke right? That's like those 1950s ads that say "even a WOMAN can do it!"

No shit the parks are half a car park bigger. They need a lot of extra space to park the SUVs they HAD to have with power steering and 20 external cameras. This is the point where women like this should genuinely consider mass suicide

no man zone so they dont feel threatened by potential surprise buttsex while fumbling to get shit in their car

Does anyone here on Veeky Forums actually talk technical shit or real car advice?

If someone asks the right question without being a dickhead about it

this
so many people are tards who don't know what end of a screwdriver is which and don't want to learn

>real car advice
DO A SKID, CUNT

I'll give you a fucking skid ya cunt

If ya want a skid just check ya fuckin undies ya grub cunt

Hope this stuff was useful, what state are you in?

Few years ago we were abit more technical, but from what I see aus/o/ threads are more banta and general car shit these days. I'm sure if you ask the right question you'll get someone with a technical response.

Ah yeah, I didn't know if it was because I'm talking about aussie cars to americans or if most people just want to meme but almost every thread I ask a technical question or something you need experience to answer I get no response

American's will be hard-pressed to answer most specific Aussie-related auto questions.
I'm curious, what do you want to know?

fuck yeh straight up 180 and 360's aussie pride way to do burnouts on a small narrow street and a perfect location fuck the neighbors its australia we have the right to do this shit its a free country and a perfect time and nice control love it aussie style good on ya mate

fuk yeah straight up?

Are diesels actually good on fuel?, I thought it was a meme

Nothing technical at the moment, just asked if anyone had been through the desert, or if anyone did any bushbashing. I was also telling other user about old patrols/cruisers.

There's a reason why interstate truckers use it.. Could be argued for a road car in stop/start traffic but if you're doing constant long distances, I'd prefer it.

I WAS planning to drive upto Ally-Springs / Ayers Rock, up until that new fucking Labor gov got in and is restricting the speed limits again from open to 130.

I thought trucks used diesel solely for torque

It's mostly a meme, as far as utes/trucks go anyway. Some new euro/jap sedans go alright though

Yeah, that's probably a big part, I mean at the end of the day I'm not a trucker or truck engineer so I couldn't say.

I'm an LPG boy at the end of the day, so I'll prefer that as my go-to fuel.

bad case of gastro going 'round the country at the mo

>implying i'll ever procreate

Dropping my Skyline off at the mechanics tomorrow because of some cool vibrations at high speeds.

Will my wallet ever be ready?

time for a second mortgage

What model? Mines going in this week for a mystery oil leak, possibly front crank seal, I'm preparing for well over a grand when they find other shit leaking

>pic

R33 GT-R
I just hope the diff and/or CV joints aren't fucked.

front or rear? Hicas is known to cause vibration at high speeds if it's not 100%. I'd think the diff or cvs would be noticable at any speed

Front left so probably not hicas.

Yeah highly unlikely, probably a bush or something, can't imagine the cv would have shit itself just at high speeds. What's your suspension set up?

Standard. It maybe a bushing, the rubber would be getting fairly old by now.

It could be something really cheap, could be something moderately expensive. I guess you'll find out tomorrow

Will be front caster arm bushings 99%

Yeah as far as I know it's all about the torque, same reason most of the best utes/fourbies are diesels. Pulling power to get out of sticky stuff and up steep shit, plus it's a lot easier to keep a diesel running in water and shit conditions than a petrol

Also what are you driving at the moment?

How low is your skyline? If it's low, are you running adjustable arms to offset the negative camber you get?

youtube.com/watch?v=iFFoeu__bZc

I usually watch these sort of videos just to watch the people at the front of the crowd and see what they do, who comes and goes, etc.

fuck dog cunts that set upo speed cameras on highway ramps that merge one section into another. I fucking got flashewd tonight doing 80 when the ramp is reccomended 60, but its a 200m ramp from one 100 zone to another, the speed camera flashed but because its only the yellow reccomended speed I cant be done for it can I?

>recommended speed
No, this isn't an enforceable limit. As far as I know, depending on a few factors a lot of on/off ramps drop to 70km/h.

G'day Veeky Forumsssies, I'm looking at picking up an old 60 series cruiser (with the NA 2H), bloke I work with wants to get rid of one out of his yard and he's offered it to me for a song. What should I look for? Are they reliable? I know cruisers have a good wrap but I'm not really up on fourbies

The thing that worries me is that the camera flashed, and he flashed me again as I went past, Don't they only do that if you're getting booked?

I cannot afford a speeding fine right now considering I had to pay one 6 months ago because my fucking dad went joyriding in my car without a licence so he paid my fine so I'd take the demerit points since he lost his license for doing burnouts

I can't cop double fucking demerits right now

Has the guy done any work on it?

I really don't see it being hard to argue doing 80 on an on ramp merging into a 100 zone, it'd be unsafe doing anything less because you couldn't get up to speed to merge safely otherwise?

Also if your dad is going to act like a 16 year old, why take the points for him? Perhaps it'd do him some good to have to face the punishment

As far as I'm aware it's had tie rods and bushes done, brakes have just been overhauled, I know the alternator needs new brushes but that's basically it.

Yeah I guess I can try to fight it if I do cop a fine, it just seems so unnessecary. like go catch some real criminals instead of people who dont want to waste time slowing down for stupid reccomended on ramp speeds

He does act like a fucking child but he's my dad you know. he's already been to jail I'd rather not be the one that could have saved him from going back and not done anything.

He's on probation for another 3 months still.

I can't wait to fucking move out