Ford announces new Bronco and Ranger

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31019/ford-bronco-ranger-confirmed-uaw-trump/

IT'S TIME

Ignore the political talk, it's just Ford saying "uhhhh yes we do make our vehicles and Mexico but our NEW bronco/ranger will be Assembled™ in Michigan™!

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/business/workplace-relations/ford-shutdown-auto-manufacturing-workers-fear-for-their-futures-20160929-grrxfy.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're making 2 cars in mexico to make room for new cars. Trump is a fucking idiot

Who cares? The Ranger will be too big and the bronco will have shitty modern car design (probably)

*Technically* they are kind of shafting workers because beaners work for pennies and make shitty cars. Can't buy a used focus ST if it's 2018 or newer now basically because it'll be shit, and they're outsourcing instead of adding more jobs.

What will impress me now if GM ever makes a fullsize Blazer/Jimmy again

Why make Ford vehicles, which are American vehicles, in Mexico?

Because fuck product quality or employing people who might buy your cars, muh profit margins.

>When Donald Trump seized on Ford's decision to move small car production to Mexico during a Presidential debate
>small car
In other words, the bottom tier pieces of shit with already razor thin profit margins.

It's going to be v6 only so who cares.

>implying that's a bad thing

>admit trump is right
>FUCKING IDIOT WOW

Guess I'm #mentallyhill now

>literally illiterate

>Making excuses for outsourcing

If the bronco is as truck based as the previous gen it'll come off the same assembly line.

because $4/hour is a living wage down in jolly mehico, and the majority of the complex work has been automated.
>scan part
>align with lift assist
>press ok when done
>repeat on next car

>if
Stopped reading there. Ford moved 2 cars to mexico because the current facility doesn't support any more vehicles. They're replacing the 2 cars with 2 more. Stay delusional

Because fuck making quality vehicles amirite?

Not an argument.

FUCKING LOOK AT IT MOTHERFUCKER SUPRISE ITS SHIT

TOTAL SHIT

IT FUCKING LOOKS LIKE A KEKMOBILE OF HARD COMPROMISE AND BROKEN PROMISES

ITS OVER ALL CAR DESIGN AS YOU LOVED IT IS GONE AND THIS IS THE FUTURE OF SHIT ALL THE FUCKFACE NORMIES HAVE LEAD US TOWARDS

THIS TRUCK WAS DESIGNED FOR SOMEONE WHO DIDNT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT BUT THEY KNEW THEY WANTED IT ALL

Again that's not how it works. If they are based on the same chassis it'll use the same assembly line as the trucks.

>if
In otherwords it's just your bullshit speculation.

Try again.

If it's going to be based on the truck. If it's going to use a different chassis it'll use that assembly line then. Such as the Explorer.

ferd is shite anyway
>straya cunts

>too big
I didn't think american car buyers liked small trucks.

ford>gm

New mid size trucks are ridiculously huge

>I don't know how mass production in the automobile sector works
Lmao,

tell me

>I don't understand trade
K

Awwww, that's cute sweetie

No, you don't understand. Glad we're on the same page

>nou
Lmao it an argument, I shit on your quads

>it an argument

Ford did not make space for new cars. They shut down the plants. The buildings will sit and become a new squatting location for niggers

[citation needed]

Which is why Rangers, Dakotas and S10s are scarce right?

Not*, phones you know

Its a ford

I think you're having a hard time understanding what outsourcing means.

>claims a plant was shutdown
>can't provide evidence
Like pottery

The s10 blazer/Jimmy wasn't that good I'd rather have a trailblazer but I liked the k5

baka.com.au/business/workplace-relations/ford-shutdown-auto-manufacturing-workers-fear-for-their-futures-20160929-grrxfy.html

>doesn't have evidence
>resorts to shitposting
Lmao

>takes 5 minutes scrambling to find a real article
>can't find one
All of my keks

>Gets btfo worse than a SpaceX rocket

Not an argument. You've been proven wrong. Stay BTFO, pal.

I would buy one. Too bad it's a Ford

Bet you $5 fucking dollars the new Bronco will either have the same looking front end as the Ranger or the F-150.
They're doing the Expedition like the F-150, so it's only fitting the Bronco won't be getting that big blunt front end like the concept art looks like.

Pro-tip though.
The F-150 and Superduty now share the same body again. Which are made in Mexico.
Which means that instead of making 6 cabs, they're now making 3 cabs. With minor front differences between the two.

So they're probably saying. "Hey, if we made these cabs longer we could also make the Bronco AND Expedition cab all based on the same cab. Then ship them up to America to get assembled."

It makes sense, you go down 3 unique products you gotta keep those people employed.
Pro tip, I work for Ford, I also actually know fuck all about what upper management is doing.

>the F150 still uses more american parts than the Silverado
It really makes you think

Looks a 90's concept car.. in a bad way.

So would this mean that GM might bring back the K-Blazer/K-Jimmy, or FCA the Ramcharger?

(I mean I could see that happening with GM since they never get off Ford's ass when it come to competition)

Gm fangirls are leaking again

This thing will be loaded with lots of useless shit and cost $50k. I'm calling it now.

It's also going to be fast as fuck

Most likely going to start at the 29-32 area. Then get up all the way into the late 60s
Calling it now.

"Shown above, a fan's imaginary rendering of what a 2020 Ford Bronco could look like, originally published on Bronco6G"

Yeah, the K-Blazer is gonna dominate the Bronco.
I'm calling it.

With Bronco and Ranger in scope for the next few years, I'm rather curious as to why I keep seeing left hand drive Everests around PDC...

Lol XDDDD
Me too

I'm calling it now

Xd

>K-Blazer is gonna dominate the Bronco.
>dominate
kek lad

IRL, the automotive industry in Mexico is unionized. Workers here earn the equivalent of $8 per hour on average, which is close to American minimum wage. US unions are just fucking insane and ask for shit like $40 per hour to screw together compact cars. If American unions weren't so fucking greedy it would still be economical to build cheap cars in the US. Compact cars are not high profit vehicles. Additionally compact cars are more popular here while Americans tend to buy larger sedans and SUVs; which are still made in the US.

t. Spic

That's why new fullsize truck are getting bigger.
Go place a new F-150 next to an older Super Duty, like a 07 per se and see the size similarities.

The F150 nor HD trucks are made in Mexico.

Union member here, you're full of shit and should eat a shotgun

Nah. F off

Hey paulie I think john is gonna talk to HR without his union rep better go catch up to him quick and break his legs.

How about you sit on my dick Pablo? You probably don't even know how to do that you so fuckin dumb

How am I full of shit? It's only profitable to make high margin vehicles in the US, unless you invest heavily in automation which will negate US job creation anyways. That's why almost every company from Honda, Toyota and Kia to Mercedes, Ford and BMW are shifting compact car production to Mexico.

I make the superduties, I know they're not made in Mexico.
The CABS are though.
The bare metal cabs.
They get shipped up here by train and then we assemble them.

I'm not Mexican though. I'm black. I think you're quoting the wrong person.

Ford could have just moved factories to the US South like the Japanese and Germans. Where they can use non union american labor. Which would be between Mexishit and UAW labor costs.

So do we thank Trump for this?
also
>400 HP Ecoboost Bronco
ayyy

It's easy to pay Mexicans $.30/ hour and ship cars back to the USA and take in those NAFTA tax cuts.

But who's going to be able to afford to buy anything when they can't get a job?

>inb4 525 lb ft of torque from a 3.5L Ecoboost V6
B A S E D ford

can't wait.

>implying they're not going to drop in the 300 I6 just like the good old days

Dammit I hope they put the 5.0 or 6.2 it's a bronco for chrissakes not some turbo fairy soccermom suv

Labor costs there are still too high. The amount of man hours that goes into production of a mainstream car is roughly uniform regardless of size. However, compacts typically fetch sub-$20,000 prices. It takes basically the same amount of expensive man hours to manufacture a $40,000 Ford Explorer as it does an $18,000 Focus so compacts need to be built as cheaply and as efficiently as possible. Most of the factories in the Southern United States are moving towards larger more expensive vehicles too. Kia is building SUVs in Montgomery, and their plant in Mexico is now responsible for small sedans and will likely produce the Optima come next product cycle. Toyota is moving Corolla production to Mexico too. VW is having their plant focus on the new Teramont 3 row SUV as well. GM has already stated their next generation compacts will be Mexico made as well. Ford is no different than any other automaker.

I don't care if everyone does it, it's still a shitty practice.

automate.

Tesla's factory in a very expensive part of California is a wonder of modern robotics.

>But who's going to be able to afford to buy anything when they can't get a job?

People who are skilled and smart enough to not be dependent on a job like assembling Ford Focuses as their long term career. Americans don't seem to realize that they're not living in an isolated sphere within the global market place. Even Mexicans working in factories are aware of this and try to gain as many skills as possible while working as line workers and try to get out into more highly skilled better paying positions as soon as possible. You're not entitled to a high incomes for low skill jobs. If you want to keep assembly of small cars in the US, be prepared to spend near $30,000 on low spec compact cars in the near future like Europeans do.

>skilled labor meme

Even lawyers in the USA are losing work to India.

Americans are the people who pushed globalism on the world. Can't really get mad when the rest of the world ends up being able to compete with you.

>making 300 cars a day is unskilled labor
Kek I can tell you've not actually worked at a factory and that's okay but don't pretend like you know how that job is.
If you can't assemble a whole brake system in 20 minutes its forced overtime until the quota is met. I wouldn't expect an cookie cutter cubicle counselor to understand

>Tfw not really okay with globalism
>Tfw don't really care because I'm a wannabe neet who saves his money up like a motherfucker so he can informally retire
>When it all goes to shit

Who /sexy investment fund/ here?

Hey man I don't want you to read this as a diss or anything, but I work right across the guy who shoots the brake lines into the ABS block.
He gets 56 seconds, and he's high as fuck every single day.
I've seen him do 400~ trucks in one night all night.
Once you get trained on a job you're pretty good at it, it really just depends on how hard the job on the line is.

For example, I'm absolute shit at driveshaft install. I'm the bomb though at wire routing and harnesses.
Along with fluid fill and battery install.

We all get 56 seconds though. It's just a matter of which jobs works for you. Hopefully a supervisor is nice enough to let you find out which one is good for you, and not get mad about spending money to train you.

Which I guess really no one gives a fuck about, because in this globalist non-union environment I would have already been kicked out the fucking door for failing to do Skid Hoist efficiently.
Sad.

I have actually managed a floor section at an interior assemblies supplier and I've toured in-use Audi and Ford/Lincoln plants. If you can learn how to do a job with a month of training it's not skilled labor, in my opinion.

Which jews do you work for? I toured the Subaru factory in Indiana and they all get 69.6 seconds.

We get 3 days.
Lol.

>That fucked up 86 body line
Gross

Older people pushed globalism. Profiting and passing the troubles to their children.

Well that's skilled labor ain't it?

There's literally nothing wrong with globalism with proper management

My nigga. Going to be pulling a third of it out to start a holding company for two small businesses I want to set up with pretty much guaranteed 30% return for whatever I put in.

They should really teach people about efficient investment in secondary school.

I'd call it semi skilled, or rather just specialized labor. Skilled labor is something more like being an electrician or building constructor who can actually input his owned acquired skills, creativity and intellect towards coming up with new solutions. Value added type work. Not just doing a pre-programmed task.

I see what you mean and I suppose you're right

>Even lawyers in the USA are losing work to India.
This is not true at all, the legal profession is one of the few that is mostly protected from foreigners because of the licensing requirements designed to keep people out.

What is taking legal jobs though is shit like legalzoom

if this was a thing, FCA would make a lotta quality cars

Ok, imagine mexican-built FCA.

Nigga they have been since like 2009

Toyota and Honda make cars in Mexico and that hasn't really dented them. Shitty companies build shitty cars in Mexico. Good companies build good cars in Mexico.