/simg/ - Simulation Games General

MIGGERS KYS
Previous Sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, Arm*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gC644Ol9U2M
youtube.com/watch?v=8_j3WrFx-J4
youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs
youtube.com/watch?v=aYaRRprhnVo
youtu.be/Bx51eegLTY8
youtube.com/watch?v=-3R5r3uG0v0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RUSSIANS BTFO EDITION

youtube.com/watch?v=gC644Ol9U2M

>inb4 MUH ARMORED GUNSHIP!!!

bumping legit thread.

This is the true thread. It was made first

Anyone want to play BMS?

slavboos in team-speak disagree because the OP image hurts their feelings
pathetic

YES

though the last time I played with simg was literally months ago

I've never played with /simg/.

Real talk, flying on the 104th or Open Conflict or Blue Flag is way more fun than doing shitty ops with simg. I play DCS to do aerial combat not circlejerk about dumb shit. It's fucking dumb that no one else here wants to just do some tryhard wingman shit on 104th or similar.

But I am in the TS

WOW ARE YOU TELLING ME ANTI MATERIAL ROUNDS ARE ANTI MATERIAL

AMAZING 11/10

now lets try this with every other helicopter and see what happens

its only armored on the bottom around the cockpit you pleb

BUT SUPERIOR RUSSIAN AIR ASSAULT DOCTRINE!

ARMORED GUNSHIP! ARMORED TANK!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=8_j3WrFx-J4

>people literally sacrificing themselves to save our sorry asses from goatfucker suicide bombings

>>HAHAHAHA LOL LOOK AT THIS FOOTAGE OF SLAVBOOS GETTING KILLED XD

Can't tell what's worse, putin or epic trollmasters using videos soldiers getting killed as bait

>that insanely brave second helo coming back to finish the mission
youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

HERO
OF
SOVIET
UNION

Don't worry these type of posters are usually west euros.

And we all know how not having goatfuckers in their country is going.

>Russians
>saving anything

Holy shit this delusion is reaching levels only a true Vatnik can have.

Move to Russia already.

>muh ISIS are cool guys
Cuck.

>simg ops

youtube.com/watch?v=aYaRRprhnVo

So what's going to come first, DCS F-14's release or Val dying of oral cancer? 100 bucks on the latter.

youtu.be/Bx51eegLTY8

I wish I could fly that smoothly in RoF

Just need to practice, senpai. That was taken on the first day I reinstalled (and even then I'd only played a couple of hours of RoF before years ago).

Just need to be gentle on the stick and not death grip it like you're rubbing one out, and having pilot-induced oscillation fuck you up. I actually managed my first aerial refueling (without constantly losing contact) after a couple of hours of flying in RoF.

Not teamkilling, accidentally did a 4v4 German vs German test match in the editor

>tfw when you bully someone so much they cant stop mentioning your name
bodied
baited

I feel bad for craig, he is getting blown the fuck out.

>increasingly butthurt slavboo says the same thing for the 7th time

I feel bad for this thread, its getting baited the fuck out.

>increasingly butthurt weedlmao says the same thing for the 7th time

>join simg ts
>literally doing fucking arma ops
simg kill yourselves my mans

guess flying planes is too difficult for you shitters

I guess someone had a bad day washing rocks.
hopefully he doesn't loose his mind like last time.

>increasingly butthurt weedlmao posts the same thing for the 8th time

I've never seen him be baited this fucking hard.

Fuck off Raptor you babbling retard

>simg
>playing arma
you fucking subhuman shitters

There will be a flury of baits and shit posts in a couple of minutes, just a heads up.

>u-u-u-r a pussy
>user disconnected
10/10 keks

Trim was introduced in the controls at one point. I never had to use it though since I use a CH fighterstick with built in trim wheels, ahahahahhaha

/simg/ autist purging when

its armored enough for 12.7mm not a 73mm RR round

Falcon 4.0 ISO where I literally don't have a dvd drive anymore

I want these fuckers to recode in dx11 and give us goddamn VR support for this. This is THE perfect period for VR flight with current tech. WW2 2nd, but damn it I want VR RoF so bad.

Abso-fucking-lutely. TrackIR makes it much more immersive lining up sights, looking around struts, etc, but it's fucking criminal that we can't use OR or Vive. I did try briefly to get it working with TriDef and the DK2 a couple of years back but it was too much pain in the ass.

So whenever DCS has a 1.5.X tier patch they change the visibility/impostor system in some way. I haven't finished downloading the update, but I'm noticing that both impostor shader files have been almost completely rewritten from the ground up.

They are definitely different but I don't know enough to tell you details.

Missiles are very noticeable, even through their own smoke trail.

Actually, nevermind. False alarm. Turns out it was just a bunch of deleted code. I just ran them through a proper compare program and it seems like all they've done is remove some macros to support what they call DCS_DEFERRED.

I'll still do some quick ingame tests just in case, but I'm not expecting anything.

Interesting. I noticed a bunch of effects shader files were updated. The missiles were definitely one of them.

My download just finished, so I'm going to start experimenting and see what I notice. As usual, ED is leaving out probably 80% of the things they've changed.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN THEY ACTUALLY FIXED THE IMPOSTORS

Well, they did something at least. They don't seem to draw any different in terms of contrast, but what has changed is that impostors now get smaller with distance. For example, on large settings, you won't see 300 foot long F-15s 20 miles away. Instead, you'll see a tiny dot.

At this point, I don't see any reason to use anything other than large. Even the large setting looks pretty damn realistic in terms of size. If anything, it's pretty conservative and still pretty hard to see.

I'm going to check resolutions next to see what happens.

There honestly seems to be very little difference anymore between large and small impostors because the scaling with distance has the most dramatic effect out of anything else. It seems as well that when the impostors get sufficiently tiny, they're not allowed to go below what looks like 1-3 pixels so don't completely vanish. However, once they get further than ~10 miles they're pretty much invisible no matter what, which is fine and matches reports from that infamous paper.

I'm honestly kind of happy about this. I wish the contrast was better so that once they get close, but this patch honestly makes it so that the detractors of impostors can fuck off now because all the problems they complained about are now non-issues.

if they could hurry up and merge 1.5 and 2.0 that would be fucking great since 2.0 has no fucking missions and i'm not installing two versions of DCS

>BMS from 1947 has wing vapor
>DCS wont have it until 2017

I don't even.

Does anyone know anything about the Harrier sim game in early access -Combat Air Patrol 2 ?

>early access
that's all I needed to know

Cant see wing vapor if the wings snap off before it happens

also things that dont happen in dcs
except to the Su-27 when you press the please kill me button known as ACS off

does /simg/ approve of waifus on planes

Okay, so here's something that's caught me completely off guard: You cannot turn impostors off anymore.

This is probably why I didn't notice much of a difference between high/med/low. I'm not sure that setting does anything at all anymore. Even with the setting off, I can still see the tiny dots at ~10 miles, and the impostors still seem to render once I get sufficiently far away.

I am flabbergasted

as someone with a small monitor I wish people would stop complaining about this shit

I'm sorry i cant afford 3 27" screens just to be able to see

For the record, they haven't fixed the resolution part. Lower screen resolutions still benefit more from the visibility stuff than somebody with a higher resolution.

That being said, because impostors can get so small now, the difference is significantly less exaggerated than it used to be. Pic related. Playing at a low resolution used to fucking break the whole system, but now it's just seeing bigger dots versus seeing mile long fighter jets from 20 miles away.

And to be honest, I'm mostly okay with how it looks now. You have to run the absolute minimum DCS will allow (1280x768) to really get any noticeable advantage, but again it's nowhere near the level that it used to be.

Like I said before, nobody has any excuse anymore to run servers with this off. Except, ED seems to have made the decision for them because I can't get them to turn off anymore. They seem forced on and changing your model enlargement setting doesn't seem to do anything.

Or maybe this is ALL just a bug and ED will fix it next patch.

I hope its not a bug 2 b h.

The people who hate imposters are retarded. IRL you can see planes, in DCS you fucking can't.

Imposters bridge that gap

I see what you mean now that is fucked, my comment was more directed at the fourm warriors that where bitching up a storm about the fact that it was added because they could see planes fine from 10 miles out with their giant multi monitor and projection setups

It was literally an argument that if you want to be able to see in DCS you need to buy a 1200$ display setup

I have a 22' 1080 monitor its just that i cant really sit on top of it and use hotas and opentrack

Writing on maps is a great addition, but they absolutely need to allow the mission editor to pre-place these.

Anyone have a bms X-55 profile
>X-55
It's OK I'm good at soldering

I never noticed that your pilot actually moves the joystick and rudder pedals in the external model on the F-5.

neat.jpg

Yeah I have TrackIR but it is hard to go back to non VR play now for me. Having VR exp's to draw from makes the 2D monitor exp less immersive than they were prior. And I even got a proj set at 11ft. VR trumps em so bad. I would easily pay 29.99 or maybe more for a VR capable 'dlc module' port. Requiring orig game or something. I don't care if not for free. I just want it..I want to look back and see my scarf flapping behind me

the hawk has it too
IDK wtf he is doing with his left hand or what that hose is doing

I'm glad this thing has guns now its fun to fly

holy shit that is cool

Is the hawk now becoming not a meme

from what I don't understand apparently its FM not right and or has flaws as far as the super sim heads are concerned

I'm not autistic enough to notice that shit
They did fix the Su-27 this patch so it fly's like it used to before they added the ACS mode and ACS off mode don't result in instant front flips now.

The F-5 has wing flex which means I really need to buy it
youtube.com/watch?v=-3R5r3uG0v0

To the user who I spoke to the other day:
(In the previous thread)
Just bought a rift off of eBay! I'm going to have it in the middle of the month. Both relieved and excited. I want to clarify, though, that though the touch comes with a second sensor, I need to purchase a third if I want room-scale VR, right? I'm curious how efficient it will be

Any neat games/experiences (especially free ones) I should download? Should I download Steam VR at all?

I'm planning on pre-ordering the touch controllers. Is there any benefit between buying from Oculus or Amazon? Perhaps quicker shipping on Amazon?

You've always been able to add markers on the map in the ME

Show me.

dead ass gottem

>bms fags constantly post content when they're awake keeping the thread alive
>dcs fags shit post anime only and create shitty bait posts

nice

neck yourself

>caring about either when arma exists

I think Arma should be allowed here.

Deny it all you want but its the premier military sim. Most of us play it anyway.

We absolutely should merge with /a3g/ already and then people will never bitch about it being ded again

Considering the kraut is slowly trying to turn this place into /a3g/, kys

continued from Artillery is already pounding our headquarters. Soviet SIGINT officers work fast.

Thus far, we've only been able to observe Soviet presence south of the Trinkbach. The SA-10 presence in the north has left us unable to conduct recon up there.

Down south, from (top) left to right we have observed:

>BRM platoon
>BRDM platoon
>Another BRDM platoon
>BMP-1, HQ unit?
>T-80 company
>BRDM AT-5 (9P148) platoon

Yikes, mixed signals all around. The presence of the T-80 company is telling that there's at least a tank battalion there, but the other units suggest a motor rifle unit as well. The sight of a BMP-1 is somewhat relieving, as it reveals that the Soviets aren't bringing their most modern equipment. At least, we think so. I'll hold back on dropping FASCAM until I've identified their main push.

Helicopters in FCRS are programmed with some degree of self-preservation. If the two Kiowas are engaged, they will fall back to safety.

4 more Apaches and 6 Kiowas of Task Force Delta have arrived. With a sufficient force and coordination with Artillery, they can shut down the whole corridor by themselves.

Sunrise. And with it, a misty dawn. That's good in battle for our Thermal equipped ground units, but it's not good in the bigger picture as our recon elements are now blind to wider Soviet troop movements until it clears.

Task Force Alpha has engaged and destroyed a pair of BRDM-2s that were scouting far ahead. However, ELINT indicates that the Soviets have radar AA near by. If so, they're probably travelling with the vanguard.

At 0414 hours, a series of bright lights, then smoke pop into and out of existence along every Neckar bridge north of Wendligen.

>Task Force Alpha

Artillery slams into the Soviet column and one of our scout sections alike. While the short Soviet suppression mission claims none of ours, our two fire-for-effect missions heavily disrupt what must have been a road column, leaving a series of secondary explosions.

Finally, we have met the enemy. A company of T-80s in platoon columns come around the corner...
They're instantly smacked by artillery and our Abrams have the first shot: a volley thunders across the small creak, and TOW missiles come down from the hill, each and every round either heavily scarring the reactive armor on the T-80s, or straight up knocking them out. In under a minute, the whole company is left a flaming wreck on the road. With the element of surprise gone, it won't be long before Soviet artillery and air assets begin hitting our troops as well.
An engineering platoon rushes to re-build a railway bridge along the Filsbach, so that our men may safely withdraw as soon as the rest of the Soviet vanguard is dealt with.

>Task Force Charlie
The BRM platoon is destroyed. They'll be feeling the heat soon enough.

A Brigade-scale wargame, FCRS currently does not model company-level micromanagement. Units can take dozens of minutes to execute orders that would really take only one or two. As such, it's generally best to plan 30-40 minutes ahead, so we are giving our units their orders to withdraw now. As with most other things in the game, this is changing in Southern Storm next year.

The attached M106 platoon has been ordered to fire some Willy Pete onto our withdrawing Abrams. This allows us to blind the Soviets while the Abrams' Thermal imaging can still see them just fine.

Yes, WP obscures thermals IRL. Yet another feature left to Southern Storm.

That's all for tonight. The thick of the battle will begin, perhaps tomorrow.

don't tow an abrams with another

Good stuff user, Big Screen is a good free thing to try, you can use your PC but make the screen super huge and watch movies in a theater and stuff. When it comes to sensors in order to do true room scale you probably need 3, but honestly just see how far 2 gets you. SteamVR is Vive exclusive.

When it comes to ordering I have literal no idea, I preordered an oculus so my preorder for the touch was included with it.

I-it is not like i wanted to be on your plane b-baka!

They have been stuck on since the last patch in September at least. I play on 104th all the time (the impostor nazis) and it's obvious that even though their server settings have impostors forced off they are still enabled. Haven't checked the forums to see if they've been bitching about it or if they haven't noticed and only complain when they're aware it isn't off.

Probably has something to do with the multi-crew code stuff which probably effects single seaters.

I'll join 104th when they put in tors and tunguskas.

IRL you can see fucking cars 8km away no problem, people that hate impostors are people that have never been on a mountain, or live somewhere like the netherlands or canada.

It's because 104th are actual retards.

ED is actually absolute madman and usually don't put in game changing fixes in the patch notes.

>That time when they updated the Russian IR missiles and didn't tell anyone about it.

Although I hate how the omit so much shit I wouldn't be surprised if some of it they do on purpose. If they do it on purpose because they know the vocal retards would be angry about it then I love them.

I beginning to think it's because of vocal retards.

Every time there's a thing that would be pretty huge, like a buff for certain missiles or something being made more realistic, it's omitted from the patches.

Also sometimes unfinished stuff isn't put in the patches.
>To this date ED hasn't ever mentioned they put radar screens for AA vehicles in CA with ralt+F10