/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 4th:
1798 – Beginning of the Russo-Ottoman siege of Corfu.
1839 – Newport Rising: The last large-scale armed rebellion against authority in mainland Britain.
1852 – Camillo Benso, Count of Cavour becomes the prime minister of Piedmont-Sardinia, which soon expands to become Italy.
1912 – First Balkan War: The First Battle of Çatalca begins - an attempt by Bulgaria to break through the last defensive line before the Turkish capital Constantinople.
1918 – World War I: The Armistice of Villa Giusti between Italy and Austria-Hungary is implemented.
>News
EU4 DD 01/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-november-2016.979421/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/rda335o8hs7sewy/
discord.gg/dYH6qbH
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Bitch was young. Dat pussy was still fresh af

>mfw cores

Based.

based

not based

based

based

epin

Hey guys, just a heads up:

I reuploaded V9 of the pack, I already updated the link in my pastebin.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO REINSTALL IT.
The only things I changed are a mistake I made in the catalogue, and a wront entry in the PDF. That's it.

I could have just fixed it for V10 but it was bothering my autism too much.

Also just a warning. I haven't been able to lurk here often, much less make flags. This month will be hell for me so don't expect me to come as often until December. I'm really sorry to those who requested flags and I failed to deliver yet, specially the Madagascar ones. I'll make sure to deliver when I come back.

Until then, enjoy the flags, and thanks for all your help.
mediafire.com/download/rda335o8hs7sewy/

Absolutely based.

The thread is roughly a hundred posts early, fuck you R+I you are the worst thing to happen to /gsg/ in all its history. You have no life and each time you have to make a new thread you make it earlier and earlier to sneak in your funny little quip at the start. Ironic isn't it, that it causes more shitposting than you could ever expect. I bet your only reason for existence is being the janny's lil bitch and figuratively taking it hard and thick right up the anus so hard it gives you piles. Remember he does it for free; but he still has power, you are just a shitposter on the Veeky Forums containment board who likes to pretend he is helping like a toddler dressed as a policeman on the school fancy dress day. You both would probably have the same IQ to be fair.

Reminder to stay calm and DEUS VULT

God damn it. My ruler is 73 years old. This is probably the only shot at an heir that I have.

It hit image limit, retard.

>replying to shitposters

What a huge messy war. And I'm still fighting the Mamluks.

Against better judgement, I've decided to
1. Postpone the Catalan revival;
2. Break alliance with the pope. Yeah, sweet papal mana, I know, but I need the relation slot;

3. Create Syria as a vassal and feed their cores back;
4. Eventually vassalize that OPM there with Noble rebels. They hate my guts, though, and they're part of the coalition... but their ally Ardalan isn't.

Catholics should all be deported desu
This is a WHITE country

Technically you only get cores in Niger if you go for maghrebi+arab union, which I feel is a bit overpowered but anyway.

I'd prefer if the Arab Union was about the classic arabic region/cultures than the arabicized places, especially since the Arab union is already a big blob.

>Also, should you get cores on Niger, Chad, Mauretania, etcetera? I know they're part of the Arab Union in real life but they're really not Arab ethnically.
AFAIK you only get cores in the maghrebi/tuareg cultural area.

>despite Iraq having a core there.
Iraq as a core there only to stop assimilation, maybe Khuzestan will be a part of a separate decision to give a choice on the matter.

You genocided it too hard and people moved away.

No switching primary cultures of formable nations, you stick with what you started with.

They should get an event to be inherited and if refused, they are kicked out of your sphere. They won't petition though since they already rejected it.

That would actually make these countries field less brigades or practically the same amount of.

In any case, it's a bit of a complicated change and it adds some problems, like with cultures in wrong places, % of soldier pops in a state among other things.

Never made my mind on the change so it won't happen any time soon, if it will at all.

Anyway good night user, good night /gsg/.

t. """""""""""W"""""""""""ASP

Wait, the Ottomen aren't in the coalition. So I just need 20 spy network against them.

>I'm a Muslim/Kike/Protestant/Buddhist with a serious hate against Christians
Why don't you zitto you animale?

How do I get the congo in hpm?
I believe its low infamy, no african holdings, anythign else?

>blobbing in the balkans

Need to be in europe, have a port and the right techs.
Requirements change according to a few things, I think the decision shows up after you research nationalism and imperialism.

Should I let the von Preussens win? I could get willies dynasty in power...

Here we go lads.

what techs? The colonization ones?

Also Jesus Christ someone please update the OP, it still says I'm in V8 when V9 has been out for at least half a month.

My final achievement for this game. Maybe one more genocide?

Fine, get out of my way. You took Exploration, go colonize something.

It was literally the first place outside Italy I did it.

Naval base techs

>he doesn't just randomly get France in a union
look at him and laugh

>that disgusting amorphous blob
fucking why

We've made pan africanism a reality. One more genocide before ending the campaign, and it'll be all good.

I'll let you have one guess as to why he's blobbing as Italy...

Please use the proper, Offical Infopic as of November 4th, 2016

Fine, you too, get out of my way. You can keep this shitty alliance with the Egyptians.

I'll have a defined and beautiful shape. "Soon".

>image limit
wait hol up a sec

Why the fuck is there a limit on images on an imageboard now?

and there we have it
I'll give them back all of their cores that aren't Normany and use them to take the low countries in my trade node and to bully Spain and Portugal for their colonies later on.
I won't integrate so things can be interesting if something happens to me ruler and they break free.

>now
Image limits have been up since _at least_ 2009. Maybe forever.

I've been posting plenty stuff of my Florence campaign, so I guess I'll merge some images to avoid it.

For some reason I never get PUs naturally. Even over the course of two Austria games I only managed to get myself onthe throne of one German OPM through inheritance.

>Why the fuck is there a limit on images on an imageboard now?

Point at the newfag and laugh.

There's always been an image limit.

Final before

I think it depends on your prestige. Spain always has 90+ prestige because "muh colonies"

holy shit how did you get 7m in kano?

t. Berentain Universe sheeple

You have to basically whore your family out like crazy to really increase the odd of it happening.

when you're an artisan just making ships in your home shop

Final after
Kano starts with ridiculous pop right off the bat, it's like four times any other province in africa. growing it was just a matter of getting the baby boom event once, plus a good roll on the westernization pop growth and fast medicine reforms.

I want to play a game of CK2 where the Picts look upon what the Roman empire has become and decided that it couldnt let its once great enemy be defiled by these savages with no respect. Something like they conquer the Isles back from hat they though were the Romans, look upon the continent and realize something is wrong. Get pissed and go conquer western Rome.

Im not planning on forming Rome with this, but how viable would that be?

>picts
>considering anything the romans did as good

>1st pic
Per Hercle... you guys are annoying.

>2nd pic
The battle arena is going well, although we need to rediscover some territory.

Culture map.

Not pictured bonus: hausa majority himalayas

They didnt think writing as good until the romans came and then they copied them. Are you really saying they thought everything the Romans did was bad? No, they just hated the invaders. I doubt they didnt respect the people who were able to drive that far into Britton.

Why did a bunch of AI countries suddenly send me loan offers when I was removing kebab from the Moluccas?

talex

Here's Europe looking pretty great. Probably the best borders I've ever gotten out of a game, I'd live in this Europe.

The madman actually did it!

This is MemeSupreme.
Ask me for one favor and I will do it 100% guaranteed.

Leave and never come back

GET OUT

>calling it BrandenburgBALL
>>>/reddit/ or 9gag

Well, it was fun. Probably the last game I'll play for a while, getting a bit burnt out on vicky.

Is WATKABAOI any good?

Some of the worst posts I've ever seen.
Negroid and unbased.

Be grateful that I only took your capital/CoT because I'm too much of a Jew to bother coring worthless provinces, and that I'm saving Manila for another time. :^)

Make Zero a mod

Well make it a pictured bonus then we want to see. It's a map painting simulator after all, so you need to show your paint lad.

google "shipwright"

0-4 Gimmick Poland.
+Play as Krakow and changeowner myself Congress Poland and G-L. Maybe even throw in Full Healthcare in 1836 for maximum memes and Pildsudskying the place.
-Can't expand further than Interwar Polish borders, can take only a sparsely populated african colony to polonize it.

5-9 Gimmick Somalia
+Full healthcare
+Conquer Sweden, genocide and enforce islamic law.
-Can't expand further than modern day Somalia and Sweden, maybe take Ogaden and be done with it.

I'm fairly new to CK2, so I have a question.
I fabricated a claim on some land, then after I beat their army, I got it. Now it says that I'm gonna lose it, and it's gonna go back to the previous owner. How do I avoid that? Only by plotting against him? Or should I have plotted before that and then attacked his land?

Gladium meum succa, funge putride.

What the fuck is even going on here. Free states are a GP btw.

place your bets on if they will ever get to the last reform

>no gaeldom
idiot

Ayyyy

>Oh look a desert. Nice.
A little later...
>Sand. Sand. TOO MUCH SAND.

Go away Hedjaz, nobody likes you.
>this fucking attrition...

3. My little Syria has grown up so much... it's a pleasure to see.
And I got access to the last Ottoman province.
It's kinda ironic I'll have the Ottomans and France as my vassals. I could do the same with Muscovy (they ARE weak in this playthrough), but I guess I'll pass the snowpeople - boatpeople and sandpeople are already a bother.
(No, really. No way I'm blobbing there.)

>those irish provinces
t. pedophile

So if you avoid the first civil war and then loose the second you become Grossconfederatiums?

What's the better custom idea: Naval Maintenance -20% so you can spam more Light Ships, Global Trade Power +20%, or Merchant +1?

That civil war in particular was between the USA and the ""Free" States". USA lost it which somehow triggered the confederates taking over.

>light ships
>maintenance

Yes, if you dodge the 1st civil war you can become Dixie primary culture, then the Free states may secede and if they win the 2nd war, you become GOB CONFEDICUMS

France vs. Burgundy front.

>Liege left the coalition!
>Hesse left the coalition!
>Bavaria left the coalition!
In your place, I wouldn't even bother...

>ieu am grown up now, ieu need no ruler!
Guess who's going to be annexed as soon as this war is over. Time to dump some prestige I got from the Mams.

3. Burgundy:
>are we going through this again?
Yes, we are.

4. The peace deal. No Flemish or Dutch land. The Netherlands should pop up "soon"... have fun Burgundy.

5. France:
>jeep jeeep je have more land now!
>now je can be boatpeople and start coloniz...
>mec... vas te faire foutre pêh putain de merde

3 joins possible.
discord.gg/dYH6qbH

... I guess I'll simply wait until you're fighting each other and then have some fun on your lands.

>Technically you only get cores in Niger if you go for maghrebi+arab union, which I feel is a bit overpowered but anyway.
I got cores on Niger as an Egyptian formed Arab Union after taking the "establish Pan-Arabism" decision.

>AFAIK you only get cores in the maghrebi/tuareg cultural area.
I didn't cheat for any of the cores, I just used HPM 0.3.6.

>Iraq as a core there only to stop assimilation, maybe Khuzestan will be a part of a separate decision to give a choice on the matter.
Great. Based Hussein even fought a war over that.

>You genocided it too hard and people moved away.
Epic.

>No switching primary cultures of formable nations, you stick with what you started with.
As in it's not possible or you won't do it? A Misri dominated Arab Union doesn't make much sense.

>They should get an event to be inherited and if refused, they are kicked out of your sphere. They won't petition though since they already rejected it.
I don't mean on formation, I mean later on. I sphered them after I formed the AU and so they wouldn't join.

>Anyway good night user, good night /gsg/.
reeeee cucked again

How?

do I need to do an event to get the congo or is the chain initiated by the GPs?

Who is the true inheritor of Rome in CK2s earliest start? Byantine cant be included they broke off so they dont count.

Im going to argue for wales. When Rome withdrew from Britton, the remaining romans gathers around Wales, only the northern part though, the southern part was still tribes.

Not pictured: the 5 kids who never knew dad wasn't dad. I've done this with like 3 doges now, how do I get the trait for this focus if not by bedding more than a dozen women?

RNG

I feel truly Jewish when I don't join a side and declare after two or three years of war to plunder the corpse of all of Europe

>Chaste
>11 kids
>Lustful

>Byantine cant be included they broke off so they dont count
>broke off
>when they were the only ones acknowledged by the Western Romans as equals and other Romans
...???

Nice, so how do I avoid the american civil war?

you know they just split to make administering shit easier, right?

yeah when he was younger he was chaste and so he got that title right after he became doge. then I took seduction focus and he was a changed man. I guess power corrupts really makes me think

It's got some very hard to avoid requirements like keeping liberals under 40% of the upper house and I think keeping consciousness low
You'd have to look in the event files to really know