/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

Ganked >Poise Breakpoints vs Greatswords
pastebin.com/LQiQAut0

>1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11575248
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw dexfags

>tfw never got to experience dark souls during its peak

feels bad

>my mfw when to intellegnet too pvp

Which one do you hate more, /dsg/?

A host that spergs out like an angry hollow on crack and tries to R1 spam you to death, or a host that passively turtles and runs away to heal as soon as they can?

I did and it was just as shit as DkS3 is now, just in a different form

FRIEDE, MAH FLAIL RIGHT AWAY

>armor set that suits cleric characters more than anything else in the game
>is meant for the assassin class

>tripfag
>mfw no face
Please leave

when you say "host" what do you mean

The second if they subclassed in Summoner.

The first is easy to deal with.

Any PCFC's going on? Do any of you use dsg as password for arena? I think ill probably set it as pass and do 1v1 arena for awhile unless theres a FC goin on.

sorcs can though? crystal magic weapon for me adds 200AR. Thats more than enough to make up for lack of physical stats depending on the weapon and infusion. Obviously a quality weapon + resin will probably do more but its close. Though I prefer my MLGS anyways.

can't speak for faith buffs though I don't think ive ever used one in ds3

But as has stated quality builds do plenty of damage and have magic doesnt make you a god, it just gives you a higher ranged damage than bows but still pretty easy to dodge. just stay outside of fire surge range and hit them with a avelyn full of explosive bolts as soon as you see them raise their flame.

When you invade someone

How much poise do I want for Yhom's Machete?

RRRRIGHT AWWEH

I just hate hosts in general, screw them.

Someone that can't deal with those then goes to complain somewhere

30 seems like a good spot if you really want to poise with any weapon really.

passive healer. R1 mashers are easy to kill

I hate hosts with a fucking passion, but definitely hate host specced in conjuring the most.
The worst part is that as soon as you're done killing their phantoms they do everything in their power NOT to fight you. They'll run back and summon more buttbuddies.
I hate this game and PVP.

Pontiff Sulyvahn did nothing wrong.

How was Dark Souls 2 PvE so shit but the PvP actually good?

How is Dark Souls 3 PvE great but the PvP hands down the worst of all the soulsbornes?

How does this even happen

PYRO IS OP NERF
SORC IS OP CSS 800 DAMAGE NERF

Alright, thanks

CUTE!!

2 actually had some quality of life things, like phantoms not being allowed to chug.

No it doesn't faggot, don't speak about things you know nothing about.
Look at this chart to know how much you need.

PCFC WHEN. Or anyone doing arena?
DESU arena seems alot faster to get into compared to fcs and i dont see any reason not to use it

Fucking slut. I still can't beat her.

I bet she likes it vanilla, no-good rotten bitch.

it's a meme weapon favored by reddit

CE SHITTERS GETTING BTFO

THANK YOU BASED MIYAZAKI

>And I pretty sure masses don't know about shield+spear pokestab

I've literally been doing that since release you fucking pleb.

Playing pure Dex is really fun. Chaos Blade is the most fun katana because it encourages you to actually use the R1s since they combo and do a lot of damage and Crow Quills is an even funner weapon because of the cool combos and the nice spacing required to make them work (screw the ones that use it as a crit stick with a shield). I have a character for that that I made similar to a Cainhurst Knight, with those weapons playing the part of the Chikage and the Reiterpallasch. I use Vilheim's chestpiece with Billed Mask.

I hate the "Never do Dex" meme because Dex weapons are usually more fun than STR in these games, just look at the poor movesets of ultra weapons.

Millwood Battle Axe is pretty fun though, so that's a single STR weapon they didn't screw up.

PVE is not that great either. The first time it's pretty cool but it has no replay value whatsoever, becaue everything is extremely linear.
The DLC was like 3-4 hours as well. Fucking robbed.

Don't worry friend, you can do it!

Daily reminder to swat Friedefags any time they try their fancy pancy gay anime shit.

>implying
Still not banned after using it since release. Probably because im not a retard and only use it offline and dont directly modify stats or access things out of normal progression

Every CCS/Sabre/CS/WP shitter. It's legit no brain EZ mode.I tried once and feels like being bot.
>any CS
>2H R1 R1 rollcatch, rollcatch
>any WP
>run R1 and nothing
Even Saif in BB was harder to use.

>I bet she likes it vanilla
The worst trait a girl can have

Holy fucking shit guys I cannot beat Ice!Maria with my Caestus build. I keep getting close, but now I'm so frustrated I keep getting Nothing Personnel's by her first form. I don't know what to do. I'm out of embers, I'm out of Carthus, and I'm out of souls.

I haven't been this mad at a Souls boss since Maneaters.

PCFC soon
put your signs at the Snowy Mountain Pass bonfire

I like fighting embered vs embered over unembered vs unembered.
Also I get souls for tons of consumables.

Anyone on PS4 around SL31 at the Catacombs of Carthus want to drop me the Carthus Curved GREATsword? I've been trying to get it to drop for 2 hours now and I'm getting fed up with nothing but titanite shards.

Time for dsg arena?

>"masses"

nice blog

git gud

>gay anime shit
>complaining about anime on an anime imageboard inspired by a japanese board with the same format
>in a thread dedicated to a japanese game
>and the game is heavily inspired by anime as well as manga
Well boy, you sure aren't clever, are you?

Password? I believe I have one.

hosting now, pass is dsg

>a wild bootyblasted weab appears

>calls other weapons gay anime shit
>while using a sword the size of himself
You're just as anime as the other guy

Ayy thanks password is oswald

I'm talking about infusions. Dark is about as strong as quality. Crystal is okayish to a certain point and how they should be balanced around but lightning is unironically weaker than blessed most of times.
The thing is, a dark/pyro build is investing about as many stats as quality does for about the same damage on the weapon(number vary, of course) while also getting spells. Even without the rings, they could use utility spells such as almost every regen spell (which don't scale, so they pack as much punch as a 60 fth build) or soulmass only as a stay away from me tool even.
As far as buffs go, the problem is how they're even easier to time out now and how a trade of duel charm for a simple running attack can happen, anyone can spite kite you until it runs out endlessly. DMB is the strongest buff though

The bigger problem I have with arena is how the matchmaking is shit and how there's nothing stopping you from finding something like pic related. I didn't even bother to optimise it, but you get the idea. Sorcs and clerics are starved for levels for pseudo pyromancers which you find non stop can do almost everything quality can with minimal drawbacks.

doesn't interrupt casting. I learned something new.

Which one is better
uchigatana with dark gem 381 AR or uchigatana with lightning gem 409 AR ?.

So, can we all agree that Ornstein was a closet scaly, since he stripped naked and became a dragon?

He was using a phallic object to penetrate what he thought he hated(dragons), but it was actually misguided love.

Just keep determined, user. You will feel great when you defeat her. Maybe take a break, and try again tomorrow. You usually do better when you do something like that. Pay no attention to these "git gud" idiots because they're just shitting up the community with their meme crap.

Also, at least with Friede there's no gravity and annoying pounce attacks, though I guess it's really hard with Caestus.

I'm onto you m8.

What doesn't?

What is its AR without those infusions? You might be better off with refined, sharp, heavy, or none and just buffing it.

dark

vow of silence, oops

When is Guttsahacki going to add a giant book I can use to crush skulls with?

Anyone want to run the game with me.

Starting at high wall bf. Pass dsg

2 signs so far, anyone else coming?

>B-B-BUT Veeky Forums IS FOR MUH CHINESE CARTOONS
Moot is gone and this shit meme needs to die.
Neck yourself weeb.

Dark weapons do bad damage compared to Refined weapons.

Onyx GS is really annoying though, it's super long, has good hyper armor, and good damage with minimal investment in STR and Dex so pyros can use an extremely good melee weapon on top of their spells.

I'm basically just using Perserverence to power though her attacks. The second form is easiest since I can just beat the shit out of Ariandel before she can do anything, but her anime firedarkice attacks have such massive ranges and she's so goddamn relentless that I can't outpace her. Also all of her attacks look the goddamn same.

Why is fugs roll r1 faster than claymores?

ALRIGHT BOYS LET'S SETTLE THIS

strawpoll.me/11575248
strawpoll.me/11575248
strawpoll.me/11575248
strawpoll.me/11575248

>masses

I will if my posts ends in 1-3
It'll take me a minute to get there though I've not got to the dlc in my SL120 yet

moot is gone and in his place is an actual nip
to be fair, he called it "fancy pansy". hueg swerds are anime but sweaty manly anime

Mine is +8, sorry.

>Cheaters get off scott-free
>while others get banned for literally no reason

its k thanks for checking

You're allowed to complain about that when they nerf greatswords back in line again.

>scott-free
>scott
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll play for a little bit.

All shit
Just got duel gold at 60 but getting team-anything should be difficult because there aren't enough people.
One medal looks better anyway and fuck no, I'm not doing so many 1v1 brawls

>claire is hosting so I can't fight him again
Well shit. The only other thing I'm missing now is a faith caster.

Good news tho, I just got one when I killed the skeleton, dropping my red sign at the bonfire now.

>moot is gone and in his place is an actual nip

Please, everyone knows Hiro is a jew not a nip, and actual nips hate him.

>one damage ring
LMAO
Just stop your theorycrafting. Here's my advice for you
>make sorc/pyro 130SL
>play arena
>post webms/stream here
Good luck. Sorc is worst build for duels except low tier HSM/dart backpedalling shittery. You're so fuckin delusional. Any 80-100SL quality build will rape any 80-100SL mage/pyro build without any chances. Your "sacrifices" are nothing in DS3 because casting is shit. 40END give nothing to "quality" buiids? IN game where casts eats 50% of stamina? Good luck trying to escape from agressive SS/CCS shitters.

>Dark weapons do bad damage compared to Refined weapons.

They really don't, they actually hit very, very hard for a damage weapons. Specially some like CCS which get insanely high damage for what should be a split damage weapon and lose so little damage since no one minmaxes dark defense nor invests into fth to get dark defense, that you might as well be using a quality weapon.
In fact, in the worse situations you'll take at worse 1 more hit to kill someone (or just surge them to death) while lightning might struggle to kill someone with double of the hits.
I mean it, do try out some dark weapons compared to their refined alternatives and you'll see the loss is minimal.

Onyx isn't that bad because pyros can't minmax poise(unless they make a specific build for it) usually, so you can beat them in their own game with another GS

I'm taking my character up to 130 solely to shove 10 extra points into VIT to wear inefficient armor that I like the look of. I'm not sure how I feel about this but I sure don't feel like dropping other stats for it. My absorption goes up by like 1% on average.

>responding like that with a weeb image
nice job dude

big mage fights happenin
this is neat

quick, what's the highest SL i can go that avoids 120?

DS3 of course

Thanks dude I've been at it for hours

Ds2 PVE wasn't that bad though

the DLC was good and a little over half of the areas were good, but most of the bosses are underwhelming i suppose

You aren't even getting my point about pyros or reading my posts. There's nothing wrong with pyros, or casters in general, the problem is pseudo pyros that have the same spread as them but simply use dark weapons with a side of ocasional surge/regen/hsm or similar utility spells.
They're not pyromancers, but they sure as hell have a similar stat spread but play as a quality build but with spells and shield piercing, and that is definetely a more cancerous build than quality is.

SL 802

Is 120 the meta right now? I thought it was like 100.

Hey guys, what's the current SL meta for ds3?

>pyro vs mage
>pyro cast something
>you cast Soul Arrow
>repeat

No problem at all, enjoy.

90 goes up to 108 iirc

t. Claire

>do the entire farron swamp with a watchdog and a red chasing me
>light all the bonfires and kill them both anyway
CAN'T STOP
WON'T STOP