/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Nothing is affecting your relationship Edition

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

OP: pastebin.com/KQeXXZ3i (not fully updated)

Last thread:

Besides the war I presume
Also holy fuck the nigger is insufferable
I DON'T GET FREE MISSIONARIES AND MISSIONARIES DON'T START WITH GREATER TELEPORTATION ANYWAY ASSHOLE

Can you even play tall in Civ 6?

I feel like I'm just crippling myself playing this way.

>Nothing is affecting your relationship Edition
I wonder how many anons don't realise that it lists ongoing modifier to relation per turn rather then totals, which is displayed in the above bar.

Offer still stands.

If I get Endless Legend on the humble store can I put it on steam? I have Endless Legend on steam already but I want to get all of the DLC mega cheap.

It's such a cf to work through tho with distrust on all sides I bet it puts people off of taking you up on the offer user. Thanks for trying.

Absolutely not and it makes me sad. Playing tall was fun RPing for me in V.
Anything other than wide is like you said, just self-crippling.

Tall was optimal in 5 tho. As much as I liked wide it was the less competitive of the two.

And yet you may never know. I already did this at random in /twg/ and here. Some people believe and roll, some don't. I'd just post a humblebundle code, but I don't want someone just grabbing it. At least rolling for it is an effort someone who doesn't want the game in question is less likely to perform.

What do you guys think of Endless Space 2? Haven't played any game in the series but it looks interesting.

i posted this before but no one replied so i'm asking here again. i'm playing civ6 btw because i'm a new fag
guys. am in desperate need of help here. i'm currently getting fucked over by ghandi and his religion.(my religion called memeology started REALLY late) and now whatever religious units i make (like apostles) preach the hinduism religion. what do? i dont wanna lose like this. i'm still new to civilisation.

I'm well aware of it, and I made the OP pic. Kongo declared joint war on me the second their scout discovered my borders. The joint war was with another civilization I hadn't even mt.

In Stellaris is it possible to have AI empires NOT draw from the pre-made "default" ones?

Like if I made a human empire can I make it so the two vanilla human empires won't spawn?

It would be awkward to have two Sol systems for example.

It certainly doesn't make it clear in any way.

You can't do anything as far as religion. If you wipe out Gandhi though he can't win religiously anymore.

Understandably incomplete (it's early access after all), but with a release schedule terrifies me.

i guess i'll become a warmonger then. we were friends but i guess that ends now. rip ghandi. i chose Tomyris(Scythian empire) so endless horse units

>horses
>not nukes
Ghandi would be disappointed.

>new to game
>doesn't want to lose even though user doesn't know what they're doing
Take a deep breath, and start a new game. You think you're getting worse before you get better.

Yeeeaaah

Yeeeaaah

i'll start a new game after i go down in glory. i previously played with Greece(the lady) but Tomyris is quickly becoming my favorite leader

It's alpha. As is - worse than ES, long term - too soon to tell.

Ai loves dogpiling for the sake of easy territory. I approve. Shouldn't have made walls mandatory if they didn't want this to happen.

>It certainly doesn't make it clear in any way.
That it does not.
>You can't do anything as far as religion. If you wipe out Gandhi though he can't win religiously anymore.
You, technically, can. If you manage to introduce a sufficent number of different religions to cities neigbouring to your holy city, destabilising it's balance, you will eventually get it to flip back to your faith cause holy site of holy city always makes pressure. Not that this is feasible or worth doing.

i get another saka horse archer for training one saka horse archer user. i can make a saka horse archer in 3 turns thankfully. so i have some decent sustain in my opinion.

Goddamnit just put the fuckin' workshop out already you dumb sluts.

>tfw first city is founded within 6 tiles of Yosemite

>i get another saka horse archer for training one saka horse archer user
No you don't understand user, everyone knows this. Scythia is bar none the most overpowered nation in the game right now, it's literally in a tier of its own. In multiplayer games you either ban Scythia or play Scythia unless you want to lose like a bitch.

Yes.

Meant that the only proper way to defeat Ghandi is through nukes. Nuke up his cities before he does yours.

I know I can google these questions but it's not always easy to find the answers, so let's see how knowledge you guys are.

In Civ6:

Does the trade route distance matter? If I pick a trade route that gives half the resources as a trade route with twice the distance, does it essentially even out?

What exactly is the downside to creating multiple cities? Is there none?

Do the medics heal everything? By how much? I never actually see them do their thing, and a lack of a combat log sucks.

i intend to win then. thx for confirming my suspicions that scythia was immensely overpowered. the only real problem i can see with them is that you need to get farely lucky and get horses nearby for a free early game lead.
oh ok. neither of us are capable of nukes rn tho. we're still in the renaissance era. i'm building a ton of units right outside my boundaries.

I don't think there is, and it bothers me aswell. It pisses me off when I've put a few hours into a game only to find my species on the other side of the galaxy as bronze age primitives or as a fucking fallen empire or something.

The game needs a simple option in game creation to force original species with no double ups. Keep it optional to appease both parties, of course.

Reminder that the current best stellaris ethos combo is F.Individualist + materialist

what gov type? I've generally always gone collectivist because I want my empire pure but I make try a happy friendly empire next

So what does the current tier-list look like? Scythia is obviously at the top, but who's at the bottom and in-between?

I prefer fanatical spiritualist, but to each their own.

Personally, I usually wait until I get the empire building, upgrade my government to transcended empire and keep the encourage free thought edict permanently on. Works a treat.

I stand by mine.
S.Scythia
A.Rome,Germany,Monty,Sumer
B.Japan,Kongo,Russia,Greeks
C.China,India, Egypt,Brazil
D.France, England, Arabia, Spain
Joke. Norway

>Saka Horse Archers
>requiring horses
Pick one

What IDIOT designed this new movement system?

this seems about right to me desu.
germany has finally revealed themselves and they're aparently not trying to make wars this time.
if i'm not mistaken saka horse archers require horses to be created. thus y'know. the horse in name saka horse archers.it'd only make sense desu.
it infuriates me at times as well user.

I'm about to start with stellaris, any advices?

Where ya boi Montezuma at?

>A.Rome,Germany,Monty
I wonder.

>le epic words backed by nuclear weapons maymay!

:^)))

>if i'm not mistaken saka horse archers require horses to be created. thus y'know. the horse in name saka horse archers.it'd only make sense desu.
>being this retarded.

man this looks so fucking bad. what were they thinking?

You know perfectly well.

Consoles. Why do you think they have delayed the workshop.

:/. welp. you need horses to produce this unit what else do i need to tell you?

Justo had to nuke one of my own cities to kill 5 barbarian units spawned mainly due to lack of fucking ammenities.

Are you playing dumb? No you dont. Everyone knows they have horse factories newfag. It's like he thinks romans need steel to make their famous copper pikes.

>still pushing it

No user, you're not gonna meme your way out of it. Just admit it to your self and move on.

>When its turn 40 and they dont have a fleet of warships.

build second science ship immediately
focus on minerals before all else
only colonise planets with 20+ tiles unless you're shit out of options and then get the highest ones
keep fleet near max capacity, especially early because pirates and other galactic faggots

The UI is just unforgivably shit.

>when Harald is landlocked

I'm about to try and play this smug motherfucker. Any advice on how to play early-to-mid game?

Doesn't Harald have a hard coastal start bias?

I've started inland more than a few times trying to play him.

Like a Jew.

why is his hands and head so small
this makes me feel weird.

how do promotions work with combining units into armies?

Anything that has to do with mercs, buyout and dust is high prio. You still need production in capital cause early on buying shit out is bad. Moving city is a useless gimmick. That's about it.

The game im in right now i started land locked with him and it was on an islands map. Although i was only 2 tiles from the coast so if i really wanted i could of.

Isnt it usually better to be landlocked in 6 anyway?

alright i admit it. i was being an idiot. :/
so how's everyone's day been?

The army has the promotion of the unit it is combining with I think

Could be better, the thread I browse might not have someone using actual unironic reddit tier emotes
seriously fucking stop it

plebbit loved it until they actually had to play with it

it's so bad even they hate it

:^)

>Ocean is bad compared to fresh water

I hate this new system so much.
Why can't my lighthouse provide decent food to compensate for this?

So i'm about to start stellaris what traits should i pick for my empire? Are the Oversized ships any good?

because there arent any fish?
sorry. i will

I mean not necessarily on the coast, but in range to easily found your capital on it within 2 turns.

It's true. Ocean towns with no access to river are shit. Problem is the awful aqueduct system. That is definitely getting changed.

It's not even the style or how it looks
It's just bad at doing everything a UI, a USER INTERFACE, is supposed to do. It doesn't display much information or make that information clear, it isn't USER friendly, it doesn't actually fucking have a lot of information, and you need to click ten buttons in the most random places to get the info you need. On top of that the fucking double diplo meme got old the first time I saw it.

What about resource focus? I was thinking

Early
Ind > F > S > D > Inf

Later
D > S > Inf > F > Ind

what's the easiest way to siege a capital and with what recommended units.

the workshop can't come soon enough

i fear only modders can fix a fuck-up this monumental

we need infoaddict except even more thorough

literally anything with a seige tower glued to it

If no walls, and no units in it
>strongest melee units
If no walls and has an archer/warrior in it
>Strongest melee units backed up by archers
If city has walls
>Bring a siege tower, and if a long campaign siege weapons

why is there no way to damage units inside a city

>AI with walls, archer and ranged boat
reee

Aren't anime characters like that?

The Japanese like small heads to slim bodies for some reason

Any fanatic ethics other than spiritualist or individualist are useless

>ai has a tundra area behind them that has luxury and bonus resources
>they keep trying to settle the plains between all my cities

cut it out

Why do I need an encampment to half my resource cost? What's the logic behind it?

No they aren't, not at all.

nah
proper anatomy is like 1:3 head width to shoulder width
anime usually has a larger head and smaller frame
sandjew is fairly broad-shouldered(the pauldrons don't help) with a slightly small head

>end turn
>trajan talks shit to you and declares war on you
>cleopatra does as well
>realize I'm playing trajan

the fuck

Hopefully it doesn't fuck my game over

thx. i was wondering why my knights were being obliterated. i'll send sieg towers next time.

It's a bug. Have you met every civ yet? It can happen if a joint war is declared without meeting one of the participants.

why is civ 6 so shit? balancing issues and whatnot aside it just seems really boring. Was civ 5 as boring at launch?

Civ 5 launch was infinitely worse.

Civ V was a dumpster fire at launch.

Well I'm not talking about mature characters. Immature or younger characters always have big head compared to the body, but with mature characters it's always really slim body and really slim head.

Nah I've met 3/10, good to know though.

>Was civ 5 as boring at launch
It was just unplayable. Almost R2 tier.

>hey AoW looks neat I'll try it out
>Fuck yes it has a GoG version
>KAT is dead
>BCG is dead
>all the links on IGG are dead
>try SRLD DDL
>this file contains malware

Why

Why don't you start with a scout in Civ 6

Everyone builds one, and you only don't build one if you're vs AI at immortal/deity

i've been pillaged by barbarians recently. i wiped them out then stationed a builder on the pillaged area but i've no option to repair. is there something i'm missing?

But it isn't...?

it's along the builder's action bar, not with the improvements