2005-2010 GT vs 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

I'm looking for an objective response. Please leave the V6 meme out of this.

The older GT pretty much makes the same power as the newer V6. It makes sense to me to buy the newer car with fewer miles and cheaper tires. What are the pros and cons of each?

foxbody

>ugly

2010 GT or 2011-14 V6 Performance Pack.

05-09 GTs are too fucking outdated, IMO. Wouldn't bother with one unless it was a Shelby GT500. The newer cars are just a fucking quantum leap all around (not just engines, but chassis/suspension/brakes and interior)

Can't afford a 2010 GT and for a newer V6, I'm looking at a base model. What does the performance package come with?

>cheaper tires
Stick to a 90s camry, faggot.

Pretty much all the good bits out of the 2011-14 GT. Its the V6 Performance Pack or the "Mayhem" (lol) package.

3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
Unique 19-inch wheels
Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
Strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
Unique badging

Try to swing a 2010 GT. They're like $12-15k on average. IF not just get a 06+ 350Z/G35, its better than a 05-09 all around in every way. Depreciated like rocks too for a sports car. You might dislike how it drives though, they're very love or hate cars.

Thing is, the 2005 GT is cheaper than a 2012 V6. The GT will run me about 9-10k, while the V6 is around 14-16k and are all sold by dealers in my area, so add taxes and junk fees. The GT's tend to have comparable milage, believe it or not. All the V6 mustangs have insanely high milage for their age, for some reason. It just seems like the GT is more value. Am I wrong?

Damn, that's a lot of stuff. What makes the 05-09 GTs worst than the 2010?

I wanna stay away from the G35 and 350Z because they seem to be more expensive to repair.

That's because they're all ex-rentals, moron.
V6 mustangs are owned by either rental companies or teenage girls who didn't service them once in the 2-3 years they owned them.

Stop being a fucking moron and buy a coyote GT.

Are you fucking kidding?

You're wanting to buy a car but you don't know why one year model is worth more than the others, despite that year being the change over to a large refresh?

And now you're worried about fucking REPAIR COSTS on top of tire costs?

What you want is a fucking minivan, faggot. Cheap tyres, cheap to repaid and hold their value good. Enjoy.

I suspected that. It certainly explains the selection.

I thought the update was in 2011. That's why I named the thread "2005-2010 GT".

>buying a literal girls car

I was going through the same dilema last year when I was car shopping. I ended up buying a 2006 Mustang GT because all 2011 v6 performance pack Mustang's were hard to find and almost $15k compared to the $9000-$10000 of a 3v 4.6.

foxbody and save/invest the rest

Get a GT, a few tenths of benchracing doesn't matter, the exhaust note matters to you.

Get the V6.

Pros
>Same power
>Modern tech and accessories
>Better build quality and design
>Superior chassis design and handling
>Looks better IMO

Cons
>Plebs will make fun of your V6
>Higher insurance since it's newer

The v6 is the same chassis.

This is true. Handling is still superior though.

Based Cyclone 3.7
Get the V6 OP

I'd get a G35/350z. I sat in a gt500 and the interior rivalled that of a cheap truck and the shifter felt like moving a stick through a box of rocks.

>V6 owners
>not the plebs

>faggot on internet hating on someone because of displacement
>thinks pleb is enough to describe him

>engines
I'll give you that
>chassis
it's the same
>suspension
it's the same
>brakes
it's the same (except brembo models)
>interior
vastly improved

I've owned 3 mustangs from this generation, newer v6's are a better daily but the old v8's are still faster and cheaper to buy.
All models including performance pack still handle like dogshit stock so it doesn't really matter you'll wanna upgrade suspension anyway.

It defeats the purpose of the car, it's like buying an automatic Miata then wondering why everybody thinks you're retarded

>insecure closeted faggot

Are you happy with your decision? Any car issues?

they're more expensive on my area

>what is a dd where you buy the best deal you can get

I'm tired of all the faggots on here who had daddy by them whatever they wanted. I don't hate on any cars if they're clean, driven right and taken care of. You're an insecure little bitch if you have to come on here to take your anger out on others for what they're stuck with driving, especially if they bought it themselves and take care of it.

As somebody who DD's a 2005 GT and often drives a friends 06 350z. Just get the 350z. It's better and for a sports car it's very reliable.

What exactly makes you say that a 350z will make for a better car?

>reccomending one of the deadliest cars on the road

At least the Mustang kills pedestrians, not the driver.

Does the 2005 GT have traction control?

V8 is always the better deal though.

Why would you want that?

Consensus on the new generation Stangs?

I love the IRS and the Coyote

It's slower in a straight line since it's heavier and has irs. Good on the track. Still a mustang you decide if that's a pro or con.

> hurr durr why would you want a safety feature
Some of you guys are insufferable.

You want safety don't drive.

Probably but yiu can live without it if you're not a grade-A retard.

Keep being a faggot.

I drive in snow, so it would be helpful.

Actually it'll fuck you most times. It will sense slip, brake the wheels and not deliver any power. You're better off practicing pedal control and turning it off.

That's not what traction control is for. All traction control does is create understeer and keep you from doing burnouts.

Come to va or nc and you'll find one for less than 5k guaranteed

Op as the owner of a 10 gt I can tell you that with the gt you get more torque which will not only be more forgiving when moving from stationary but will also get you moving faster than a v6 will. The horsepower will be similar but acceleration will also be better on the gt.

>implying owning any miata doesn't make you retarded

Then is that what stability control is for?