/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

>Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here! (October 18 for consoles)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Elder Thread:

First for Mer are better than Men.

this guy has been spamming me for half an hour trying to get me to sell him a scarecrow mask for 5k.

xth for comfy morning edition with a black cup of coffee. How cancer am I if I run troll king+orgnum scales+his sap?

>tfw no irl elf gf

why do so many people duel in rawlkha

Furries have huge ego's.

People just duel where there's easy access to stuff. I have no idea why they didn't make Hammerfall Arena have much more stuff there such as a wayshrine and a bank.

bump

let it die
sage

No

>announcing a sage in a thread with only 11 posts

bump :^)

They should make some sets with effects that aren't combat strictly combat related, like a 5 piece that makes you near invisible or a 2-3 piece that gives you a constant 'light' effect (useful for finding shit in dungeons)

I'm playing a magica nightblade healer in PvE because I enjoy the playstyle, but what are my options in PvP that are viable in this stam build meta?

Bomb blade. Find a zerg and go Allah Akbar on em.

There's several sets that makes it harder to detect you, and magelight gives you light. If nothing else you could activate a trinket that lights shit up.

Dat Spooky Town, Truly is best town

>that aren't combat strictly combat related

Trinkets aren't related to combat in any way.

There is a light thing you get from doing a mission for the Tribunal in Mournhold that lights things up around you for a while, kinda looks like a golden mage light

Post your favourite screenshots

I'm already using that fucking trinket, I don't want your "help" I said they should add sets with effects that aren't strictly combat related.

Like the Ward of Cyrodil set
(3 items) Increases your Mounted Movement Speed by 15%.

But that doesn't help with combat proc set cancer
:^)

(10 items) Immune to all negative set effects

Id use it

>white-gold tower daily pledge
>went through 10 party members before even pulling the first boss
Is this memes?

>doing vet vaults pledge
>have been through the dungeon 100+ times since One Tamriel grinding for a staff so i know every mechanic and best ways to pull everything in the dungeon
>pull flesh atro boss as last teammate is 15 seconds behind us
>when he arrives he stands at the bottom of the walkway (it gets covered in fire shortly after boss spawns)
>"wow thanks for waiting for me"
>"now I cant complete the pledge"
>tell him to just run through it
>he leaves the group, whispers me "idiot you can't run through it"
>he was CP561
>the rest of the boss fight i stand in the fire the entire time, taking 0 damage because rapid regen heals more than the fire damages

Coming back to the game after a long hiatus, what's the more in demand role between Tank/Healer?

I'm getting insta queues as a healer even when queueing with 2 dps

Is it still Templar Healers >>>>>>>>> Everything else?

Was thinking maybe DK with a Destro/Resto staff

Idk, I'm a nightblade healer but I'm still leveling, done every dungeon on normal so far without issues

How do I make healing fun boys, I want to play a lizard wizard that gives life.

Yep.
Tank? DK
Healer? Templar
DPS? Sorc
PvP? Nightblade

>playing with wired xbone 3shitty controller
>computer stops recognising the controller and I have to whack the remote for it to work again
>load of the game and start playing with mouse and keyboard, controller still plugged in
>move my hand to the left of my keyboard
>feel a warmth
>look to my remote
>the rubber cable has melted from the electricity and the wire is exposed
>black line mark on my wooden desk from where the cable was
>computer somehow didn't fucking overcharge itself and kill itself

Gj Zenimax. Thanks

I'm actually super glad nothing has happened to my rig and I'm so happy

Thanks, God!

How many regeneration on rapid regen? I'm doing 1,8k, is it enough?

Mine is 1600 without buffs

This thread is dead, D E A D.
Is that because everyone is busy enjoying themselves playing the game?

It's pretty darn early in Freedomland

It's still pretty early

But I am playing the game and dont have anything to post

Last night I got pretty annoyed at myself trying to defeat General Endare (A Lasting Winter Quest in AD) and she kept making shadow copies of herself.
Just taking a break now, but I want to play as much as possible before the Witch Mother brew bonus is gone

Post your characters, I enjoyed that last thread.

What's the quickest way to level up your blacksmithing?

Does mining a bunch of ore and making shit then sending it to another character and deconstructing still work or no?

Out of date picture, should really take another one.

There's a Yokudan one that gives you a 5% damage bonus for a few seconds.

I just wish these woads would stay on while going through loading zones.

>Single Shoulder armour

I wish that was a menu setting. That shit is always badass. What set is that?

Molag Kena. It's apart of the WGT set.

All of the Monster sets have one shoulderpad.

Minor spoiler from DB

>All of the Monster sets have one shoulderpad.
All but Iceheart

>buy motif from guild for 25k
>find exact same motif next day in a random cupboard

I'm not mad

>find motif in cupboard
What motif was that? None of the expensive motifs can be found just lying around
Either you're talking about imperial motif or you bought one of "rare" motifs for a stupidly high price like a complete sucker

Put it on sale for 26k.

Free 1k.

just sell that one for 25k or more

WTS [Motif 14: Daedric] 25k

>This was one year ago
Zenimax you fucks get on with it already

I hate that faggot so much, its like he never played morrowind.

To be fair, Morrowind sold 4 million copies while Oblivion is estimated to have sold 9.5 million copies.
ESO is somewhere in between those two with 7 million copies sold.

>Daedric
>25k

What year is this?

99% of people who play TES haven't played Morrowind.

They'll never know the feeling of waking up to a Morag Tong Assassin raping their poor low level character over and over because they slept in a cave.

I wish they didn't replace fur patterns/scars myself. I understand why they do, and that probably would be a mess of visual noise on some characters, but it triggers me to have my cats suddenly lose their pattern or my argonian to suddenly turn smooth.

The whole way the body marking system works is pretty weird. They just made the jewelry and stuff all separate though so you can have multiple things on your face at a time now. Hopefully they do it with the bodies. Because I'd love to have the woads and scarring for some of my characters.

That and being able to color tattoos would be nice.

Yeah, being able to stuff a lot of jewelry on your face is nice at least. Aside from my gripes with how the body paint system works on beast races I really like how they handle cosmetics like jewelry/hair/beards/etc. Being able to change them on the fly is nice for both variety and RP purposes.

>being able to color tattoos would be nice
They'd probably have to jury-rig something to make that possible with collectible tatts, I don't know if they use their base colors (like hair does) or have an assigned value as none of my characters had tattoos to begin with but they would either need to set up all the color variations as separate things or make an additional menu somewhere to change the color.

>i sneezed on my screen and thought my graphics cards was producing artifacts
someone actually said this in chat

I am a pretty stage 1 vampire
Are there better camera controls in this game for taking screenshots?

Based sexyfur Khajiit. Literally the only attractive Khajiit.

On a side note, where's the hotspots for RP in Pact? I know that in DC it's Rivenspire\Stormhaven RP, no idea about AD.

Withered Tree tavern is the one I know of.

How can I enter the ship to get the quest? The ladder isn't working.

qt
would date

Go back to Mistral and leave it the way you would at the end of the Mistral questline maybe?

Doesn't work. She doesn't have an option to transport me there anymore.

Do all argonians have crack whore voices

Hist sap is a hell of a drug

So asking here might not be the best place to get an unbiased opinion, but at least I know you people have actually played the game.

Is this shit any good? I've been wanting to get back into an MMO but I just can't go back to FFXIV.

Hello, I've played FFXIV for about 2 years +1 year not playing (ERP).
Yes it's a good MMO, combat is solid, build diversity is there as long as you ignore the metafags. The writing is better than Skyrim, dungeons are fun and challenging to the point where people leave the dungeon as soon as they zone it because it's "too hard" (its not). Overall and enjoyable experience but I suggest you play with friends else it's just another MMO after a week or two.
Def worth the cost of a standard version on one of those game code sites.

It's pretty fun, hopefully they can get pvp back to how it was like at least 2 patches ago because right now it's like being force-fed molten asphalt.

When will they fix the game crashing? It has been happening since June 9th of 2015 for me.

I've never crashed before, have you tried resetting your router?

>body markings currently turn my argonian pink

Thanks ZOS

Thanks, user.

Stay away from the Withered Tree, it's really garbage. Even the ERP there is no good. Generally Pact RP is pretty garbage and filled with more drama than any actual RP.

The Gold Coast is getting popular, not to mention the zone is amazing looking. There is a lot of AD RP down at the Bandaari Trading Post in Malabal Tor.

Thanks anons, I may just pick it up after I finish my quest to actually finish Oblivion and Skyrim.

Stop lying to yourself user. you'll never finish those games. Not that you'd ever want to finish Skyrim's main story.

>Skyrim
>Story.

As if. You should finish Oblivion though, the MQ was pretty good, even if the replayability of it was shit.

mfw I noticed that loose stone after I took this photo.

I've played MMOs for about 12 years, if that counts for anything, and I think ESO is actually pretty good. I wasn't there for its launch, so I never experienced the beginning of it, and how bad it was then, but as it is right now I'm actually sort of impressed.

PvE can be very challenging. PvP has a lot of potential, and is a lot of fun although I'd much prefer structured PvP than Cyrodiil zerging or it was a lot of fun a few patches ago. Currently it's in a pretty bad stage and is based on RNG more than skill. Crafting is very well done and stays relevant at endgame. Quests are nothing special, about what you'd expect from a MMO, but they are at least written decently. And even when it essentially is a fetch-quest, it often won't feel like it. I almost never found myself skipping dialogue when first going through it all.

If you're even considering trying ESO, I'd say go for it. You might be impressed as well.

>Generally Pact RP is pretty garbage and filled with more drama than any actual RP.
Why is that the case? Or is that NA only? Where the EU RP @

t b h I enjoyed Skyrim's MQ far more than Oblivion's. The only good bit I recall about that is Mankar Camoran's monologue. Also I guess there's the fact that Sean Bean wasn't playing a villain for once Of course, like his other fantasy hero castings he still dies, lel

Also wish one could change the colors of the argonians feathers AND the horns separately.

Fuck I hope it's NA only.

Literally shitty elf RPers and SJW.

I've dozen of horror stories.

I'm pretty sure you have worse stories to share, considering you're a cat

>RPing
are you 12?

I really liked Oblivions. It felt like it had some depth to it. Not to mention the fact that Martin also mentioned to having been a Sanguine worshiper if you have the staff was pretty cool. Skyrim just felt like it was rushed through really quickly. Not to mention the civil war is just a tiny footnote and the peace summit can be entirely skipped.

It'd be nice. While customization is still deep for most MMOs. It's still lacking in some regards.

I don't know, desu. I think its mostly NA. From what my EU friend tells me, DC is the retarded faction over on EU.

I had one guy try to lock me into a force feeding RP once. Then I was at a Mournhold Trader looking for some stuff to flip and then I had a guy whisper me and asked me to sit on his face. It was awful.

and swarm mother