/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUu-ldKgKKo
youtube.com/watch?v=koI16NrnRcc
youtube.com/watch?v=cNojl-pqZtk
youtube.com/watch?v=63duoCYwTaA
youtube.com/watch?v=91XUcraNVbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>yet another shitty OP
Congratulations!

>Renkin/Alchemy style is tailored for people who enjoy doing group hunts. Its basic function is strengthening items during hunts. A key example is Barrel Bombs turning into silver/gold barrel bombs depending whether it's L or L+ which deals much more damage. Potions/Mega Potions when used with Alchemy functions as Lifepowders while healing for a bit more than usual. Using Alchemy to combine for bullets will create Normal 2+ or Pierce 2+ for example which deals bonus damage as well. When using Alchemy style you can access a new "Alchemy List" where you can combine for the new items. You may use 2 HAs with this style.

>Deviants will go up to lvl. 13. Deviant Souls will be upgraded to Strengthened Deviant Souls which add one new skill at level 13.

>Yama Tsukami is confirmed to be back and will be "important to the main storyline".

>Besides Diablos, Barroth and Barioth, Monoblos and Hypnoc will return. No other monsters will return (aside: Which sucks. Really wish they would've had Nerscylla come back)

>There will be one new HA for all the weapons. They haven't added it in though, and it is what they are working on in development right now.

>When announced it was said to be 70% completed, however source states it is closer to 80% now. The rest are pretty much just quests and arts.

You probably want to be a bit faster next time.

Source?

Maybe if I cared enough to try.

Are Silverwind and Gore armor the only decent choices for evade lancing in mhgen?
They look so edgy.

>side-boob
>armpit

Time to fap

breasts and hips slider when?

Epic leak

his asshole

You don't care to try and still complain?

neither of those are decent choices, the only good sets in the game are mixed sets and the hellblade and dreadking

>xx won't have fatalis
>won't have any new monsters but the ones shown in the trailer
>will be the smallest monster hunter xpack ever made, about 1/4th the size of 4us upgrade over 4

at least it won't be localized

By that line of thinking everyone here cannot complain about MH since they don't care to try to make it.

What I'm saying is that (you)r logic is stupid.

>hellblade and dreadking
cringe

monsters are for friendship!

Disregard that
>Alchemy Style lets you use the transmuting barrel in order to convert items into elixirs, which can be used to grant effects for weapons.
>For example, potions can be converted into life elixirs which can be applied to weapons to grant them Life Honing effects. It can be applied even on weapons with innate attributes.
>Some elixirs can only be appleid on raw weapons, such as poisoning elixirs which are converted from Antidotes.
>Mycology lets you convert mushrooms into elixirs.

STOP IT

Well, copy/pasting an OP with very minor adjustments is certainly not asking for much. It's an easy affair.

this, complaining will get you nowhere, be the change you want to see in the thread

I bet you'd be a hypocrite and make the OP a slut, though

>Dreadking XI onwards will be replaced by Helldread Rathalos
>Hellblade XI onwards will be replaced by Kingsblade Glavenus
Rate from 0 to Cringe

there's another unrevealed monster at the very least, which should serve as the g rank guild hall final boss. unless they've lost themselves to laziness and re-used an existing elder.

gen was an obvious nostalgia-fueled cashgrab and didn't deserve a g version

Its been leaked, bruh

Okay, what exactly am I looking at here.

I want to fuck that flesh lizard

Gogmazamtrios or something like that

so an inflatable gog?

The game that will bridge the mainline franchise and Frontier.

What game is it from? Can't be MH.

White greninja

>7000 points dlc quest
Nobody will want to do that, right?

But it will also be a reskin of some other previous dragon.

I just guesstimated his name based on his looks, don't ask me!

PSO2

youtube.com/watch?v=hUu-ldKgKKo
It's a pso2 boss, Chrome Dragon. Its gimmick is summoning lesser monsters and eating them to gain power, giving it a wider moveset.

Chrome Dragon isn't the dame?

>doesn't recognize the very first area of PSO2 in the background
wat a noob

It's sad that I thought it was actually from Frontier for a second.

The Volcano one? Deliver Powderstones, they grant 3000pts. So two of them as well as a mix of account items like Coal will get you there easy.

Ahhh, I see.

Forgive me.

will mhxx final make elemental weapons equal to raw weapons or do we have to wait for mh5 now? I cringe everytime I see some new player wearing the toka set with 160 raw damage 50 elemental shit sharpness weapon

cross was a mistake
can't wait to get a main game mh, fuck spinoffs

>implying we are getting anymore monster hunter games

capcom is done with the west

gold rathian is for platonic worshiping!

>not importing and playing in japanese

??????????

I'm expecting at least 3/4 more returning monsters per trailer, and the game is bound to have at least 2 more trailers before it comes out. As well as those, we'll get one new deviant announced in each, and the g-rank final boss is going to be glimpsed in either the second or the third trailer's end teaser.

Capcom's already gotten how to keep hype high down to a rigid formula, and I expect them to keep to this pattern.

element isn't that bad, really. i managed to faceroll through amatsu with a dragon toka set. i wasn't even aiming for weak spot, just hitting whatever i could.

How can you have any faith in capcom?

>not pirating

????????????????????????????

thats because monster hunter generations is the easiest mh game ever made, doesn't change the fact in every mh game raw damage weapons are easier to make, require less armor skills,aren't only good against specific monsters and overall do more damage compared to elemental weapons

I don't. I have faith in Monster Hunter.

Hello, Capcom here. We have been reading every "General" thread since Double Cross's announcement, and we will take into consideration all changes that everyone anonymously proposed.

Keep your faith in Capcom!

Based on PS4 surveys, there's another Frontier monster coming to XX besides Hypnocatrice.
It's Rukodiora, the Magnet Dragon

I wouldn't call it so much faith as pattern recognition. I've seen how they handle releases for two whole generations now, and the trailers kinda blur together in how repetitve their presentation is.

mainline faggots do not deserve frontier monsters what the fuck

>Magnets

Is it a good Frontier monster at least?

Yeah, mainline does not deserve frontier's shitty spike lizards.

>not shitposting in japanese when you've never played the game

??????????????

その どやがお やめて
しんで も いい よ

>yet another frontier elder using the 2nd gen elder skeleton
yawn. i'd rather the scorpions or dogs, the frontier exclusive skeletons.

Hypnoc came back as a proof that Capcom "listened" to people.
From what I've gathered, he's well known for DAT ROCK or rather, a certain piece of rock that floats around him(because of his magnet field) that could knock over you.

For real though, Frontierfags lost all right to say this once they started importing mainline monsters en masse. We deserve their good bits.

Good Frontier monsters:
Akura Vashimu/Jebia
Taikun Zamuza
Kamu/Nono Orugaron
Pariapuria
Baruragaru

Any of those getting into mainline would be okay for me.

The dogs use the Daora skeleton you so abhor, don't kid yourself.

Nah mhxx is obviously running on a very tight budget. They only unveiled it at 70% progress.

And look at the past 4g trailers. The first trailer showed pretty much everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=koI16NrnRcc
youtube.com/watch?v=cNojl-pqZtk
youtube.com/watch?v=63duoCYwTaA

>en masse
There are 8 including Gore.
Not really "en masse" compared to the rest of the roster.

Though there really needs to be more play between the two, mainline is good at making new skeletons, Frontier is good at making unique variations on them.
Like how saying Ruko and the other 2nd gen elders are anything alike just because they have the same skeleton is completely wrong.

why does gen have such a tiny budget? Is capcom finally giving up on monster hunter like it did DMC so it can concentrate on resident evil and street fighter?

>desire sensor do not exist
>need killer beetles
>get 1/quest
>don't need them
>get 4 on a single node

>Implying insects are minerals

Mhx has pretty good budget judging by the buttload of new content, ie. styles and arts and four flagships and a new unique elder dragon. The four new flagships are reskins but they are very well done nonetheless. My guess is that the budget for mhx needed both mhx and mhxx to recoup the expenditure.

>implying owls are birds

>The sudden rush of nostalgia seeing the 3rd trailer
>The times when I thought 4U might have more than one new final boss for HR village.
It hurts man. Fucking Shitskin Kush ruining everything.

>make a totally new battle theme that plays for the story rusted kushala repel(also in the third trailer)
>never plays again
what a waste. i thought it would play again on future encounters

Because technically it's not a full game. It's a celebration game, like mario all-stars. They're probably focusing on mh5, and they're giving us gen
because a couple of months without a new mh would cause a massive outcry from the fans

Meanwhile, they made a totally new theme for Chaos Magala. Its ridiculous they're biased towards Gore.

why isn't fatty in it

Too hard for non-FU babbys

I'll never get over this.

>thunderlord Lagiacrus

>snowbaron barioth

do FUckers actually think Fatty is at all difficult?

>mfw i thought amatsu was going to be in 4g because red skies were in one trailer
>mfw i thought narga would make it in, because fucking crab and blos made it in
>mfw i thought one other elder would return, because battlegrounds
Then I got slapped hard when the game actually released. But it healed up quick because I thought Gog was awesome

The first of those trailers (the first real trailer for 4U really) was released roughly at the same time before the game's release as XX's trailer from its release. So we may get a new trailer within the next three months, maybe in January. Then the last trailer could come out as late as the start of March, days before XX comes out.

And damn, 4G sure kept quiet about Apex shit and Gog.

Apparently, an extremely slow lizard that can OHKO you if you're being stupid is considered the pinnacle of difficulty.

By the way, HBGrandpa sounds pretty funny even if it was intended to be insulting.

It's not hard, just fucking genbabbys still can't fucking not triple-cart even with adept style. That and tigrex is shit-tier ez now

Oh my fuck I just carved two phosgems in a row

>The four new flagships are reskins
remodels

youtube.com/watch?v=91XUcraNVbg

>4G sure kept quiet about Apex shit
When you considered what this general thinks of Apex nowadays, maybe they have a good reason to be silent about it.

>Sand Infante Barioth

What if Tonfas got in XX

What will happen to all the gencasual in this thread when mh5 comes out? Will they leave or will they finally try a mh game for the first time?

What if Monsti- nah, that would actually require programming effort for XX

Hopefully nothing because they won't be playing MH5. Let the West wait till the G version, I liked that they made that decision for MH4.

Which monsters will get deviants aside from the obvious remaining Fated Four? I'm betting Royal Ludroth (its sponge absorbs and spits slime).

They'll stick around to continue arguing with 4Ubabbies for a few more months, complete with the same arguments like RNG

Lavasioth

>Earth plesioth
>Water plesioth
>Fire plesioth
>Even ying yang plesioth in frontier
>No wind plesioth

Seltas+Seltas Queen pls. Them always being together negates that Bulldrome bs, too.