/brg/ Battlerite general

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a Team Arena Brawler focused on adrenaline-fueled player vs player combat. Short and intense matches, stripped of random elements to optimize the action. Welcome to a world where champions dedicate their lives to the arena.
>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrAF0R5HZDA
masterbattlerite.com/profile/783083912296558592
masterbattlerite.com/profile/786687742112305152
masterbattlerite.com/profile/791754922151522304
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Master of Bacon 3v3 finals currently live.

joltz is cute

youtube.com/watch?v=QrAF0R5HZDA

battlerite is my LoL killer.
It finally happend, this game is really good.

i have that same chair

so far from MoB
>jumong is shit in 3v3
>Condemned is shit

Does anyone stream as Jade 4k+? I can see high level play for all the other champions but only beginners seem to stream Jade.

all the jade players switched to playing jumong. he is just better at the moment

honestly we really need/needed live spectating like dota. lets people do something while in-game without having to play, lets people observe high tier games for study or fun, lets people watch their friends play, so on

instead we have odeum which in theory is a great idea but it's entirely dependant on people bothering to edit and upload clips, and it's just that. 4-15 second clips instead of full replays or live games

>matchmaking is fine

not really that impressive considering Iva is literally the most braindead hero in the game by far

The guys main account.

Kek, please dont talk shitter.

ok non-shitter, please tell me what is difficult about playing Iva. >inb4 muh positioning

He is obviously new to the game and still won 17 games in a row. He deserves the spot in my opinion.

The character is basically at a disadvantage against virtually any ranged in the game, doesnt fare to well against most melees either and cant pressure supports remotely as much as other DPS. There is a reason why there isnt even a single Iva in MoB anymore, and the character is considered to be stronger in 3s than in 2s. There are like 2 Iva players above 4500 at this point, and I am pretty sure that both of them are the same guy. There are two more, but one sits at 4750, never soloed and hasnt played the game in a month, and then you have that g15 guy who was clearly wintrading in 3s or something. Hes a g12 shitter after 600 games so pretty legit g15 alt. Neither of them really matters.

There is a reason why apart from that 1 person no one plays the character, and that certainly isnt because its easy or braindead. But why dont you go ahead and point out why you think that she is so I can go over your points and show you how you are. And while youre at it, please provide some characters who arent braindead in your opinion.

The only melee champion I enjoyed playing, hopefully they'll port him over.

wow he won 17 games against someone who couldnt deal with iva
probably inplacements too

Took him a couple tries
masterbattlerite.com/profile/786687742112305152
masterbattlerite.com/profile/791754922151522304

It's neat but not intuitive. I think one of the common pieces of feedback when asked was that most players didn't know the Odeum even existed.

You can technically look up anyone's Odeum clips you want, even without being friends with them. Spectator would be great, but the functionality it has isn't meant to be a substitute for spectating.

i think they're planning on spectating anyway, with the emphasis on VR spectating and in that video they implied you would be able to buy confetti particle effects to shower on people during the round MVP screen

but the problem is that it's taking too long, and should have been in at launch really. it's not what is killing the game by any means but it's a feature that would assist in player retention, and it won't bring anyone back when it is finally added

>and it won't bring anyone back when it is finally added

probably true, but i think SLS has all of their eggs in the F2P basket, so I don't think they're overly worried about the current state as long as the game sells and gets decent advertising out

i imagine they're going to attempt to have the game as "final" as possible before it releases, because you don't get a second shot at that

>3s tournament suddenly turned into Ruh + Lucie
>before both got buffed it was Poloma + Freya
Gee, I wont what the pattern is. Maybe sustain is better than anything else in 3s? Hmhmhmhm

Are there any good combinations to blow someone up in 3's? Jade/Croak was (is?) the go-to comp for that in 2's, but I don't know anything similar in 3's.

Sirius/Jade/Croak? Sirius/Croak/Ashka?

>Peak today: 5,150

They're losing around 50-100 concurrent every day.

Shit is going to have 3K by the end of december.

Depends on how well the patches do. It's an incomplete game that by design is going to have a niche market. Every patch will likely bring players back in for a week or two until numbers slump into F2P - this is pretty standard in most games.

The real test will be if they can A) maintain reasonable interest in the game leading up to that point, so pre-F2P launch has some hype and B) if F2P is managed well, with a more complete game with all of the MM/champion balance/business model kinks ironed out.

Shit might die, but it's still pretty early to know.

freya was picked for her disable, lucie is picked also mostly for her disable, 3v3 is almost entirely about positioning and crypt warden is a melee that doesn't need to constantly be in melee range to be effective, spot disables are just an easy way to fix or force bad positioning

"sustain" is meaningless in 3v3 when 1 real positioning mistake gets you killed immediately, teams and heroes that are flexible about positioning and don't have to force trades to win do the best because there are almost no situations where you can set up a favorable trade unless someone makes a mistake

>but it's still pretty early to know.
>sold over 300K
>peak concurrent ever is 10K

Their retention rate is abysmal and you seriously think patches are going to bring people in?

Very few games in the history of multiplayer games have ever had considerable growth after seeing numbers like that.

honestly i think they should add global chat like in BLC. allow players to block (or unblock) anyone, add invite-only channels, have global chat as well as regional (based on server) chats, looking for group chats, etc etc.

we need a place for players to hang out or find others, and relying on discord or reddit or external mediums is always shitty because not everyone will find them or use them or care.

>might

Its already gone the way of BLC. Why the fuck did they go early access with the game in this shape, most people aren't going to bother waiting to return.

>freya was picked for her disable, lucie is picked also mostly for her disable
Please dont bother talking.

>that by design is going to have a niche market.

Not sure why people can't grasp this concept, outside of dota style games the masses don't enjoy PvP. BR is never going to have a large enough audience, but that doesn't mean that the game is dead or not a success.

add automatic tournaments with spectating
add spectating in general like in dota
add voice chat
fix matchmaking

>add spectating in general like in dota
>add voice chat

None of that is going to do shit. People don't fucking understand that 99% of the playerbases in games are casual fucks who don't give a single fuck about ANY of that.

They need, an MMR system that panders to the babies.
Actual cosmetics that don't look like total dicks.

Those two alone will spike the playerbase.

You're so full of shit it's unimaginable. There are so many garbage games that survive simply because they provide features to let people care about the game.

>"adding a lot of competitive features and voice chat and social features plus new heroes and balance changes won't attract anyone"

kys defeatist faggot

Yeah all that shit really worked for BLC right.

Make sure you're in this thread come the end of December and I bet you they'll have lost another thousand concurrent players even with a christmas event going on.

BLC had a fucking retarded pricing model with a terrible publisher, and none of the technology that made dota 2 novel

People love to shit on dota here, but it has success because it has shit like ingame spectating, chatting, good technological feautres in general that people asked for and wanted

again, kill yourself for being so delusional and defeatist

There's a difference between surviving and having an actual playerbase.

Tribes "survived" due to the few hundred left that played competitively. If you're cool with playing with the same few hundred people over and over then good for you. I already went through that shit with BLC and I won't be doing it again.

>and none of the technology that made dota 2 novel

Dota would have been as popular without any of that shit. It's fucking dota. The majority of the playerbase don't even play ranked.

that's not true though, the masses clearly love PvP. dota, lol, cs:go, overwatch, tf2, rocket league, cod, battlefield. these are the biggest games in the world right now. and desu BR doesn't have to be niche; it's easy to pick up but hard to master, very short games, more intense than those other games, true show of one's skill and teamwork. i just think it suffers from key problems and not having enough features.

agreed. i think for the casuals too they need a far better training mode and tutorial. tutorial teaches you jackshit about HOW to play and only introduces you to jade. training mode needs far far more features like infinite HP dummy, aim training, spell dodging, etc.

also make the champions more fun, which is a dumb statement but honestly it has to be done. part of what grips people in these games is finding a character they LOVE to play. BRite only having 17 characters doesn't give you too much choice, especially when they're all same-y and dull.

>Dota would have been as popular without any of that shit. It's fucking dota. The majority of the playerbase don't even play ranked.

Dota had to go up against league of legends with its 87 million players. Dota grew despite LoL because it offered lots of things that people in the moba genre wanted.

Being completely free helped, no purchasing of champions of power ups
Having a pause feature with game reconnects
Having voice chat, something league players wanted

I could just go in depth with all the shit dota provides to make the experience of playing dota as seamless and easy and enjoyable as possible.
Again, people shit on dota. It's an hour game where one mistake fucks up the entire match, with angry and selfish teammates YET PEOPLE PLAY IT.

You also cite the fact that people want to play casually, but that's completely fine. Broodwar had massive success competitively, despite people playing nothing but BGH and other custom minigames.
If the game is fun then people will play it, and yes, it's fun. If SLS provides a steady stream of goodies and good PR shit, people will care.

but that means adding features. A good tutorial mode is also necessary, which Dota has. They only let you play certain heroes and have increasing mechanical skill, so that new players don't get shat on so fast.

They lose players because the game is fucking boring since it's the same fucking game mode with different maps.

No matter how good or balanced the champions are, after a fucking while doing the exact same goddamn thing over and over gets boring and unless you suffer from autism you will fuck off and do something else.

They need more game modes and maps with varieties and possibly objectives. Or something new and interesting to grab people's attention

>tutorial teaches you jackshit about HOW to play and only introduces you to jade

I've seen people at rank 11 not even fucking know about EX abilities. Most people are fleeing the game right now because the MMR system is busted. Casual players who come home from work don't want to win more than they lose and end up with -MMR at the end of the night.

And I know how most people here are going to react when they read that but it's the truth and the casual playerbase is what keeps games popular. I honestly think the game isn't going to go at all even with F2P.

A refresh of BLC is always what I wanted out of them but they're making the same mistakes again. People can't blame funcom this time.

They could add some weird mechanic to each of the maps, or make the heroes more different. They all play similar within their roles. Giving each champion i-frames and counters was a mistake

see: dota, lol. one map, one game mode. (hardly anyone fucking plays the alt modes don't even try)

it's not that you do the same thing over and over again, because the entire point of pvp games is that facing new opponents should change up what you have to do every game. the real problem is how ultimately boring the champions are, and how few options you have in any situation.

yeah but dota has multiple layers of fucking bullshit and you can customize your champion and level up and there's a variety of playstyles

battlerite is just 'lol arena brawler don't hit the shiny yellow nigger you win gg'

>They could add some weird mechanic to each of the maps

Heroes of the Storm has a pretty decent playerbase and it does exactly this. Every map has a mechanic to it that the game rotates around, and different champions are better in each map.

Certain maps are bigger and champions with pseudo-global mobility are better, and some are small and have constant skirmishes, so assassins (stealthed in particular) are better. It's a neat design. If they hadn't removed their US8 Central server back in January I'd still be playing the game.

That said, I'm not really sure something like that can be ported well into Battlerite due to the inherent design. It would require an overhaul at this point to make some PvE objective relevant, or add it as a separate "mode" that, like mentioned, doesn't really work. It's either core to the game, or it's ignored.

>people defending their dead game with their life

It ain't happening buddies. It's BLC all over again only this time there's even less to the game.

>Heroes of the Storm has a pretty decent playerbase and it does exactly this

You can choose to believe me or not, don't really give a fuck.

I got a friend who has worked with Sony and is working on FF15 DLC right now who has a bunch of friends at blizzard. HotS is hugely under performing and their net gain on the game is starting to go towards the red.

Probably not a game anyone should look at for ideas.

>defending

Pretty sure most people are just talking about the longevity of the game. You would imagine most of the people that post in a general want the game to live, so they're going to have discussions about it if its survival is in question.

I guess you could just shitpost ded gayme all day too.

Have any more information on it? I haven't followed the scene for almost a year.

>It's BLC all over again only this time there's even less to the game.
Exactly what I've been telling the devs in alpha. Game is dumbed down but doesnt bring anything to the table that keep the casuals interested for longer period of time. They made BLC worse without actually adding anything of value to make the casuals stay.

>Have any more information on it?

Not really, it just isn't doing as well as blizzard wanted it to. They made a game that has all the problems of dota and leeg combined. There's enough whales and blizzdrones to keep it running but it's just massively under performing.

What would you add?

NO MAN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, BETTER SPECTATING FEATURES ARE GONNA SAVE THE GAME.

that's kind of my point. the champions' kits aren't terribly exciting and the battlerites are supposed to add more variety and expand options but most of them are dumb shit like "increase duration by .5", "cast this spell twice", "spell now does it's affect again but smaller" instead of radically changing shit

>heroes of the storm has decent playerbase
because it's a fucking blizzard game. those mindless drones will play any rancid dogshit blizz puts out simply because of the developer. if it wasn't a blizz game, that shit would have been DOA like every other shovelware MOBA that came out in the last 5 years

It needs hooks to keep the babies occupied. It really is as simple as that. The guy who keeps saying it needs the features dota has is a moron because the vast majority of the playerbase don't interact with those features, nor do they enter ranked. Same for LoL and even Smite.

The grim reality for BR and BLC is that it's a game that just isn't going to have a huge playerbase ever but their current numbers are pathetic considering they sold like over 200K or something if what they said was true.

The fact that they're working on Diabotical, another game that's DOA, as well as BR at the same time probably isn't helping them at all either.

The game is hardly salvageable, which is its biggest issue.

-You have short rounds that rub it into a players face that hes bad
-You have a game balanced around a counter-pick bracket
-You have incredibly boring arenas that also make you feel like its impossible to not get wallbanged even if you happen to properly position yourself
-You have bland abilities that got gutted so that the Battlerite can add the features
-You have streamlined character that are all slightly different but at the same time all feel exactly the same
-You have an atrocious MMR system which makes no sense considering how ingenious the one in BLC was

You can not save this game because to do so you'd have to completely re-haul certain aspects of it. Either make characters more unique again like they were in BLC (basically copy the designs with slightly lowered mechanical requirements) or completely rework the way rounds are being played. Add items or some (sounds retarded but this is just an example of how drastic a change is required at this point). They told us plenty of times that the reason why BLC failed, at least thats what they believe, is because the game was really exhausting. I have no idea why they are under the impression that this game is any different in regards to that. Sure, your aim needs to be less accurate, but that doenst mean that you dont need to concentrate the entire time anyway.

The amount of people I know who were utterly hyped for this game, who have dominated the ladders since alpha, and ended up quitting already is mindblowing. The MoB 3s tournament is a perfect example: Hardly any of the teams practiced in multiple weeks because they simply didnt care. This game has alienated the hardcore competitive players like "us", while adding virtually nothing in favor of longevity. Even BLC had more shit for casuals to collect than Battlerite. At least in that game they could farm achievements or play CTF, CapturePoints in custom lobbies.

epic memay

>The dota community doesn't use pauses or voice chat

Hurrr

stunlock isn't involved with diabotical whatsoever besides being friends with 2GD and sharing one artist

How much dota do you actually play? Almost no one uses voice chat and anytime anyone does they get muted.

>pauses
That's done a ton for battlerite. DUDE COME PLAY THIS GAME YOU CAN PAUSE.

You keep talking as if fucking any of that mattered. WC3 dota didn't have any of that shit and had even more players than Dota 2 does right now. Fucking hell you're clueless.

Aren't they helping develop the game too? I'm pretty sure I remember 2GD specifically saying they would be helping work on making the game itself.

>/disablechat

i see a lot of retardation from all of you about why this game is failing.
Yes, the "dota features" are important. No, they do not decide whether or not people play this game. Yes, they are a factor though.
Dota is popular because it lets the player power trip harder than any other multiplayer game on the market. It also has over one hundred heroes who are all incredibly different from each other.
This makes each match up varied and feel fresh. The game has tons of replayability because no match is ever the same. It's a unique experience every single time.
Let's compare this to battlerite. Tell me, which champion am I talking about?

>Space is a mobility spell that has i frames
>Q is a survivability tool that negates an attack
>M1 is a bunch of fast light attacks
>M2 is a heavier hitting, longer ranged attack. Usually is made better if you are hitting a lot of M1
>E is either some form of dash or disable
>F ultimate is damage in a line

It feels like league of legends, where every champion has the same kit with tiny variations. Actually different shit tends to be weak.
For example, Iva has a tractor beam that pulls people. This makes Iva feel different from other ranged DPS. Too bad it's weak as shit.
Ashka can create a firewall that blocks projectiles, too bad it's not used a lot because it's stupidly weak

I could go on but you get the point. the most unique part of the champions also tends to be their weakest aspect.

>firewall
>stupidly weak

not in 2s, which people play because they're casuals

Using a bar of energy just to have them move to left/right and completely negate it is not worth

Youre goddamn retarded. A properly placed firewall is a free run in 3s because no ranged projectile from any angle can hit it.

its only good against retards who can't fucking think. If it's close to you, the enemy can just walk through it. One bar of energy to inflict ignite is simply a waste, considering all your other tools to inflict ignite.

If it's at range, they can simply walk around it or use mobility to jump over it. It's incredibly hard to use effectively against thinking players, and it's arguably his most unique ability.

Even if you were right (which you're not) you still haven't rebutted any of the other points made above. You picked out one thing you had an issue with and jumped on it

Oh and did I mention every healer has about 3 charges of heals that heal a circle?

>every single game for the past 15 has a brand new player on my team
>80% of the time the enemy team does not

sure is fun for everyone involved

I dont need to address any of your mentally challenged nigger g12 points you little bimbo. Its a fact that firewall makes it impossible to attack to rune from ranged which means that as soon as it spawns you get a free rune against any team who doesnt have AOE shit or force them to use outs to get in. Its a rune for 25% energy, only a complete fucking retard wouldnt take that trade. Blocks grabs, executes, rockets, you name it. If you dont understand how that is incredibly strong then I cant help you. You cant just walk through it either because a properly placed wall is ON THE RUNE, and due to the dumb hitbox of that thing you can walk around it as much as you want and still wont be able to land a projectile on the rune.

Now please, just stop posting about shit you clearly do not understand.

instead of replying why I'm wrong and explaining yourself, you called me a nigger. you convince no one.

This is because you simply don't have an argument. If you had one, you would have provided it.

>addresses your points on firewall
>"b-b-but he called me a nigger!"

not even him but you're either bait or g6

My post was a much bigger picture than just the firewall.

Whether or not the firewall example is correct is irrelevant, it doesn't prove/negate the rest of my argument about the homogeneous hero design.

Why you still deny that I have no idea. Every champion feels samey.

You and him have yet to provide a real counter argument. I'll be waiting.

i don't give a shit about the rest of your point, and he didn't even try to argue about it, his point was that your concept of firewall being bad was so far removed from reality you might as well be playing a different game

no one gives a shit about meme debating you on if the champs are samey , i don't even disagree with you on that point, but your analysis of firewall is shit

>i don't give a shit about the rest of your point,

aka "I don't have a real argument so I'll pretend that I'm ignoring it"

>his point was that your concept of firewall being bad was so far removed from reality you might as well be playing a different game

he called me a nigger, and didn't even explain why he thinks it's a good spell. Maybe against retards it's effective, but against anyone who's half awake it's garbage.

>no one gives a shit about meme debating you on if the champs are samey

I suggest you read the entire thread to see just how wrong you are, but that would require you being able to read.

No wonder the devs dont listen to players. There unironically is a guy in the tester group who already calls Jumong shit in 3s because the character lost tournament matches today. His argument: hes countered by Lucies ult as soon as he blew all his mobility because he is the only char who need to blow those skills to deal damage. And hes a FOTM reroller as well, mind blowing to be honest.

>I don't even disagree with you on that point

nigger can you even read

again with the nigger, it's all you can say when your beliefs are challenged

good thing you're whining about it here instead of talking to him openly about it

I didn't even disagree with you on if champs were samey you colossal faggot

You're pretending you have this ironclad argument that no one can touch when the reality is the guy you replied to and myself aren't even attempting to comment on it, myself because I fucking agree with you on that point

How goddamn dense are you

lol, instead of nigger, now you use faggot

really accelerating my neurons with that great argument of yours

Theres no point in doing so. Hes one of those people who as soon as you bring it up, he'll just say "lol I am not an FOTM reroller back in 2011 in BLC I only played Igniter". Hes also never going to change his opinion on something like that. He plays the char so it must be weak, thats what hes like. In his defense, though. Most of the people in that group are unable to look at this objectively. Hes probably the worst case, though.

I dont even need to launch Discord to see the conversation because
>lol I am not an FOTM reroller back in 2011 in BLC I only played Igniter
immediately gives it away who this is about.

>tfw not in the secret speshul group and get no insights into the direction of the game

feels surprisingly bad

There are no insights. The only thing we get access to is patches like 4 days before they launch. Apart from that there is virtually no communication whatsoever so no reason to feel excluded.

we're not getting insights either so don't feel so bad
the majority of it is "top" players complaining about balance, and asking the devs questions which never get answered

you need to understand what premise he's setting up to defend his argument and defeat the premise. convincing people is much less showing what's right, and more about defeating their reasoning. The actual power/viability of Jumong is not as relevant. For example, his argument is that Jumong is flawed in design. You think he is just abusing the FOTM.
If I were him, I would respond that Jumong is just thought to be FOTM because he destroys newer players in 2v2, but that has no relevance to competitive 3v3. Regardless of who's actually right, if you accuse him/me of being a FOTM player, you're falling into his/my premise that you only think that because you're bad and play 2v2.
Here's the problem: no one is actually proven right, both parties get mad at each other and nothing is resolved. Just look at and . They weren't trying to prove each other wrong, it just turned into two groups of dumbasses flaming each other. Nobody was actually proven right, just flaming and shitflinging.

You have to respect the people you disagree with and move slowly to actually convince anyone or change minds. Remember, everyone thinks they're right and the people who have a different point of view are mentally inept. Be open. who knows, he might actually be right and prove you wrong.

Or you could just be a whiny little faggot and passively aggressively make stabbing remarks on Veeky Forums

>Or you could just be a whiny little faggot and passively aggressively make stabbing remarks on Veeky Forums

kind of like you just did, but who's counting
:^)

wow that triggers me so hard

'lol this hero sucks i blew all my iframes and dashes and died to lucie ult, 0/10 buff jumong nerf lucie stunlock please'

absolutely disgusting how vocal casuals can be

that statement is ironic on purpose, showing just how fruitless this sort of arguing is.
Are you going to convince him? No.
Is he or anyone else who agrees with him going to think he's wrong? No.
Is SLS going to listen to him? Probably, he's a tester and probably has some experience. They won't just brush him off.

Be as snarky as you want, but it doesn't fix the issue.

>implying I replied for any reason other than getting a (You)

c'mon senpai

If If talking about the person who I think he is then it's a waste of time. He pulls this every patch and it's tedious to even pay it any attention at this point. 2 months ago he played shifu and he was weak, last month it was jade, now it's jumong. The guy will always claim that his shit is weak, that he doesn't roll fotm etc. You seem to be under the impression that everybody is worth arguing with.

Jus to present another prime example of him trying to prove something: he said that jumong is shit in 3s because people lost with him and as soon as they switched chars sudenly won. Pointing out that someone who played like a hundred jumong games performs worse on jumong than he does on ashka, who the player has like a thousand games with, somehow proves that it's the character being weak. Couldn't possibly be that the player simply was more used to ashka.

Do you want Jumong buffed or nerfed?
How much effort are you willing to put in to have your desired outcome to be a reality?

You're certainly willing to solve a captcha just to have someone give you attention concerning your woes that he has a different opinion than you on battlerite balance.

>thousand games of Ashka
>now plays Jumong

they invited fucking Mosh into that server, didn't they

at least post some screenshots for context

Almost every ranged player switched to jumong

we're all human. We all deserve to have our thoughts and beliefs not brushed aside and be ignored. Also, people reply to tone mostly. If you're short and aggressive with him, he'll get defensive and entrench himself. If you're slow and considerate, he's more likely to change his views.
If he believes that a player having 1000's of ashka games has no relevance on performance with a character, then ask him this:

>"Do you believe that a player having thousands of games of one champion will make them better with that champion?"
He'll most likely say yes
>"Do you believe that for any champion, having 1000's of games versus less than 100 games makes a difference in skill?
He'll say yes probably, but also he still believes ashka > Jumong regardless of this truth
>"So I think that we need more testing to see if this is true. Having a player who has 1000's of games with ashka isn't a good example, because we can't tell if it's experience or balance"

You're setting up the idea that his example isn't a usable one, but it doesn't prove him wrong YET. You have to slowly cut off any room and force him into a corner. For that one example, he can't use it anymore.

He was talking about DotA, not LoL. DotA2 is the game with a voice chat and people use it all the time, especially peruvians. and russians.