/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsthem.es/about.php
github.com/MrCheeze/GYTB
gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-open-source-decryption-tools-wip.388831/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for S/M never ever

lawyerhax when?

Question, I have and Old XL and noticed on 3ds iso there's a forum dedicated to DSi software, I never tried any of these, I can just install them as cia's no problem right?

If so, what are the DSi software you found the most entertaining and you think are a must have/play?

In 5 years of law school.

You are right. Pokemon Sun and Moon will never, ever be dumped.

Been away for a few months. Did the WiiU really get opened up with IOSU? I'm still on loadine 4.1 I think, loading from a black screen + small SD card that can only hold 1 game at once.

What about online? Still doesn't work?

switchax when?

So I cant fucking hack my 3ds if I dont have a spare hacked 3ds or soldering kit? What the fuck? Am I retarded or did I miss something?

Thought this shit was supposed to be easy all I wanna do is play SMT:4A

>The Vita scene is already dead
Welp, that didn't last long

You can just install DSiWare through FreeShop.

As for must-play games, there aren't many. Shantae Risky's Revenge, Dark Void Zero, Four Swords Anniversary... There's arcade ports of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace if you're into that.

You're retarded and missed your chance to hack your 3ds yes.
Just wait for slowhax to come out so you can downgrade with yellows8's dsihax installer.

Nth for all hope for leaks is lost

What update version do you have?

pokeman where

I'm guessing you were legit for too long and updated your 3DS firmware like a good boy?

>3.63 GAMES NEVER EVER

It's one of those situations where it's less that it has specific must-play games and more that there's a massive variety of stuff so you might find some obscure thing that appeals directly to your personal tastes.

>You're retarded and missed your chance to hack your 3ds yes.
Seems like it
>Just wait for slowhax to come out so you can downgrade with yellows8's dsihax installer.
If I cant get a solution I suppose I will have to thanks for the namedrops

V11.1.0-34E

Nah Im poor and borrowed my lil bros 3ds
The only jobs on offer around here are cash register ones and I cant do basic math well

I am assuming so, as there's no options for custom firmware from what I can see. I've tried the 11.1.0.34 payloads as well as I heard those work, but to no avail.

Does it matter what region 3DS games are with CFW? Like if I get a EU version instead of a US version is it going to cause issues?

wario ware touched
snap is on there too, i haven't tried it yet or even was aware it existed

And the non-cfw system you're trying to use it on is also an Old 3DS?

Leaks when

Absolutely do not update. There is an exploit being work on currently that will let you downgrade.

I can't express this enough.

DO
NOT
UPDATE

WHERE IS THE FUCKING CIA

You dont need to know basic math
Register does it for you

Correct.

Non-existent, sadly.

VITA SCENE IS DEAD ITS OVER

GET A JOB TO BUY GAMES FAGGOTS

At least Root Letter was mostly fixed, that's one 3.61 game!

Got it no updates at all

5 hours

Having a 3DS with CFW is hella comfy. Anyone else agree? Warm up next to the fire and play literally anything. So good.

Read OP
Install 5.5.1
Install RedNAND

Online works
DLC piracy works
Installing to USB works
Changing region of packages works

Ayup. No need to get up and take out the SD card to install new shit when FreeShop exists.

This is the life.

Currenly redNand is way more waste than worth.

At this rate I want the fucking thing to leak just so the shitposting stops.

I miss my 3DS support tech general.

And also I want to play the dang game.

That's not funny, it's never been funny, it's never going to be funny.

>not having a 64GB SD card
at least it's not $100 like vita

Well, then there's no logical reason why it's crashing. I'm sorry.

I'm still here, user. It's okay.

No bricks
Sigchecks patched

Worth it IMO

I don't know what SALT seeks to add when RedNAND works perfectly

I wish it was easy to fuck with Walmart just to get the game, I would put up the cia in a heartbeat.

It's going to get worse because of people not knowing what they need to play it, unfortunately. I just want it to drop so I can stop being neurotic and actually sleep. Instead of waking up every 10 minutes or so. It's going to be a long 13 days.

Thanks for trying to help though. Much obliged.

is pokemon the last big game coming to the 3ds? i cant think of anything else? what do we do after it comes out?

I'm kind of scared to try anything since I'm spoofing a firmware, forget which, I think 5.5.1 from 5.3.2. Can I still do OP's guide?

>I don't know what SALT seeks to add when RedNAND works perfectly
Smaller NAND backup sizes and some idiot-friendly tools.

If you're not braindead, can actually follow directions, and have large SD cards to spare, redNAND as it is is fine.

Hack the Nx

we pirate mario maker and buy a switch.

Oh, beats me, I didn't spoof.

... No, I have a 64 gig card, 32 gig card, and one more 32 gig card.

I just wasted 24 hours with multiple REDnand installs making sure the card is not corrupted and stuff, booting it multiple times, repacking multiple titles, downloading multiple titles, and mostly NOTHING worked when it comes down region freeing the console.

I do not need Sigpatches since I paid and have all Smash, mario kart and Hyrule warriors DLC on my main Wii U already. I do not need sigpatches for DLC, unless it is out of region DLC, which none that matters has been uploaded yet and most of the fucking games will not even boot repacked.

Last thing no sigpatches would give is fan patches like restored Tokyo Shit Sessions or Xenoblade X and those do not fucking work either, FOR MULTIPLE PEOPLE.

So what the fuck does REDnand give? I can install Smash DLC. Yay, worth it OH WAIT I ALREADY HAVE THAT.

Yes, it has sigpatches for trade off of extra steps after boot manually to boot into own mode - not very travel efficient or anything.

Now, given everything above, what the fuck do the sigpatches benefit when most of the fucking things just end up crashing the system any fucking way? Not just me, a lot of people have the same problem - the only fucking thing sigpatches can definitely give is DLC of your own region and that is VERY little for the effort and time it takes to install the thing, I am not even counting large SD cards in that equation, just the TIME wasted is hardly fucking worth it when hardly fucking anything works with it.

ONLY USE YOUR OWN REGION OR REGION FREE

>already owning hundreds of dollars worth of DLC
That's your own fault. For everyone else, the benefit is real.

if that is true, go ahead and show me a working repack of Tokyo Mirage Sessions with restoration patch, or working repack of Xenoblade X Undub, or EVERY japanese game repack working, or whatever.

Are people's penises THIS fucking hard JUST because they got Smash DLC for free? Like really? What CAN you ACTUALLY do with the RedNAND without shit just crashing, other than free DLC, for maybe two or three titles? Rest you can do without rednand.

Can a kind user link me to a guide on installing custom themes from 3dsthem.es? I'm on a9hl.

So what are the cons about redNAND on Wii U right now?
Any reason why i should use anything else?

too bad you can't select levels or it would be goat

I'm still waiting on USB loaders. I don't wanna format my 1TB HDD, where I also put my Wii games just to backup my physical games.

Homebrew that allows that shit to be done via programs.
Calm your tits. I haven't been able to repack anything successfully either, yet. But I have a suspicion that is because of the new cafe sdk.

If salt is working on their own tools to repack and unpack .rpx files to nus and vice versa then I hope they release soon.

You'll have to make the Switchâ„¢ to the next system.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter to Luma.

Tried to hack my 3ds today but I failed.

Still works but on latest firmware now.

Fuck ;_;

its easy 3dsthem.es/about.php

I have an o3ds at 11.0.0.33U running luma3ds. I don't have al9h, but I have to update to play online. I'm using menuhax to boot into luma, and was wondering if that will be affected if I update to the latest firmware.

given on 3DS with all it has I can install out of region games, out or region DLC, Out of region updates, if everything before fails, emulate fucking out of region languages making out of region shit work 100% correctly, actually legit good homebrew apps like FBI, freeShop, Save data managers etc.

Wii U Rednand currently has just about none of this. It really was disappointment project of the year to me.

No real cons except time wasted installing it vs. benefits it currently yields.

>Homebrew
What homebrew? Like what fucking homebrew even the fucking OP guide is "yeah lol there is no Homebrew"
You LIKE lying from your ass or something user?
And yeah, team salt release is good, but that is when and if it comes out, it is good, REDnand now, is a lot of effort for very little of benefit.

(and I know Instead of just whining I am yet still installing 2.13.01 just to extra test this shit.

how

>can't follow simple directions
>just had to add your own steps

You deserve this, sorry to say.

>given on 3DS with all it has I can install out of region games, out or region DLC, Out of region updates, if everything before fails, emulate fucking out of region languages making out of region shit work 100% correctly, actually legit good homebrew apps like FBI, freeShop, Save data managers etc.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

i'm still on emuNAND o3ds with luma and I'm on 11.2, you're good

Thanks

3DS has only been hacked right for almost 1 year now. It came out in 2011.

Is it possible to load games off of a USB for PS2?
I've googled it a bunch, but all the tutorials I came acroos seem too cryptic or outdated

So I tried that save trick for my vita and I think I bricked it...

swapnote when

I read something wrong and followed a certain part of the steps for the wrong firmware so yeah.

Sucks but what can you do, I'll just wait I guess.

Will that same method work with the badges and splashes?

Yes, and all I am saying "right now it is not worth it to take the road to rome when nothing is there" - for MOST users it is not worth the effort to go through whole redNAND setup when nothing really is there, just brazilian install a fuckton of games, play some splatoon, play some fucking kart online, I dunno.

RedNAND is a lot of effort for very little additional gain from shit you can just do without REDnand.

Like the whole fucking thing I am saying: REDnand is worth very little right now, later.

Yes, and? All I am saying is, redNAND is not really worth it right now, let's see in month or whatever it takes for SALT to release or maybe some other third party to just revolutionize this current REDnand situation, until then REDnand is a lot of shit for little gain.

USB loading is shitty because PS2 only has USB 1.1. Get yourself a Fat PS2, a PS2 Network Adapter, an HDD and use FreeMCBoot to load games off the hardrive.

I want Pokeniggers to fuck off back to /vp/.

Yeah, but it's pretty slow.

Blaster master zero

Yes, but compatibility is poor, it is VERY volatile (just deleting a game from the USB drive causes fragmentation which is enough to then cause other games to crash in middle of gameplay) - it all just is shiet.

on other hand, if you have a FAT PS2, you can hunt down a Sony Network adapter. Funky thing is they ALSO double as a IDE interface for PS2, allowing IDE HDD and shit. So if you hunt that, IDE HDD, you can actually write an image for HDD boot on the drive, smack it in your PS2, it will now boot to custom homebrew menu with some good HDD loader etc. homebrew, and HDD loading from IDE has very high compatibility and performance rate.

Seriously, PS2 with internal HDD is just about sex.

>hacking your 3ds is so easy they said
>4 hours later and I'm still not at the point where I can play a game

I even stayed on 9.2, it's so stupid how complicated this shit is after so many years of it being around.

You're going to have to do it eventually or have to wait until patching sigchecks in SysNAND doesn't brick it. It's a p. specific case of already owning games and DLC as well as wanting out of region games that makes it not worthwhile FOR YOU.

How do I make a cia of 3ds game? I have something special.

I'm using the OP guide for a dsiware transfer, it tells me to go to sysnand option in Hourglass9 and do a mini backup, but I don't have those options on the Hourglass9 menu

It is easy, though. A bit tedious, if anything.

Just to reverse this:
"REDnand is worth setting up (that takes up to an hour or five depending on situation), booting up EVERY TIME manually when I fire up the console, because it lets me pirate DLC for three games"

I mean that is VERY specific use scenario and it is amazing if EVERYONE ELSE but ME finds that worth it.

If i my emuNAND is now my sysNAND, Do i have to do that last step in the guide about the tickets?

it's out by the way

>automated 2.1 downgrade
>automated a9lh install
how is this shit even remotely complicated

Do you think the switch homebrew scene will ever be bigger than the 3DS's?

for badges check this guide.
github.com/MrCheeze/GYTB

ive never messed with splashes so i dont know that one sorry.

So what can i do on it?
Can i play games online?
Install DLCs?
Play out of region games?
Play Wii/Gamecube games?
Play NES/SNES/DS games on VC?

Sorry if i'm so annoying, but i keep finding contrasting info online

Come on you didnt even try with this one.

Please answer, I don't get the option to make a min backup

Depends on how lazy Ninty is this time around.

>not even using a pre-release screenshot from the game
Please put in some effort next time

Decrypt9
gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-open-source-decryption-tools-wip.388831/