/mcg/ - Minecraft General - High in the Sky Edition

Last thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/251136-level-up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for skyblock a shit

I ain't using skyblocks, friend.

who said i was referring to you?

you sound insecure, friend

I was testing you, friend.

And you passed with flying colors. Congratulations.

>singleplayer server spawn is protected
literally why
also how do i disable this shit

>i was merely pretending to be retarded
whatever makes you sleep at night buddy

yo, island fag user could you post a complete screenshot of the island? I admire your initiative and how it has grown.

Is this comfy enough?

7/10 needs bigger titties

Hey guys

no

hey bae.

This is the best I can do currently, I'll try to make a webm, showing more of it.

POST YER BUILDS

my world looks like a retarded face

it's crying

aesthetically better than anything i could ever build desu

What terrain mod generation?
I only recognize streams.

holy fuck
i think i've just found the comfiest island in the world

HNNNNNNNNG

this is it, perfection
all those generated and deleted worlds were not in vain

K

This is the whole island, plus what that bridge led to.

TAINT

what the fuck are those white dicks coming out of the water

where?

i imagine that island would be pretty comfy if it wasn't for whatever that disgusting shit yellow colored biome is
i hope you have biome changing mods installed at least

streams
RTG
biomes o' plenty

The fuck is this?

Goatse

seconded

Would do if I could...

RTG and BoP are compatible or do I need to tweak them with Climate Control?

Is there a 1.7.10 leveling mod that is similar to this one?
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/251136-level-up

Castlefag here. I've prepared some spoopy secret boss in the prison area. He's not much of a big deal but will eat you alive if you go unprepared. Since if I reveal where he is I'll ruin the spooky, have some mindfuck stairs instead. It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

I only need to add the consumables, the lore books and the npcs/ambusher mobs. But that's gonna take a long time.

Looks really nice.

This is nice bright for the gameplay, but for the showing how things are going is not that good to have almost pitch dark senpai.

Oil you dumb fuck.

Why the fuck are you so hostile? Go get a fucking Jamba Juice or something.

you need either climate control or biome tweaker. without them you can only select either rtg or bop only either's world gen features

Mind telling how you mixed both, i have always been a retarded when it comes to that type of tweaking.

go to the config of climate control, search for the landmass section, give it higher numbers

What's this?

owo your buldge?

??

Why, it's the next part of the island!

you should give a lore as to why the fuck the islands are flying, would be nice to know if its magic or technology and by experience giving lore lets you get more consistent on your ideas.

Does it looks messy enough?

looks good, and it should liven up once you start adding items and stuff

for request user just gotta make the big fucker

>red rock
user please, I'm already restart-happy as I am. I don't need to be reminded that I want to restart for EBXL alone for a few days.

Well, the islands were actually pieces of land that lay on the surface. With the world's terrain increasingly growing more erratic and unpredictable with certain creatures and new discoveries (mods), things grew more and more desolate. Until powerful geyser any mods that have them? blew up from the ocean and sent most of the fragments of the land above to the clouds. Some only went as far as a building, whereas some went so high up, it was anyone's guess as to where they would end up. But if one looks from a high enough area, it's possible to see a piece of land in the sky in the distance. Only those who witnessed the rise of the lands could know what lingers there.

Some say there's treasure to be found, others say there's paradise to be found, and a few state that old ruins, littered with horrid monsters and beasts linger in such places. Venture at your own risk, and discover the secrets of the sky!

user Im loving it, I like your style
When did you start this? July? August? I remember how mad it was that you were doing it all by hand. And for the geisers, you can simulate them with the RC smoker block which makes smoke of course and you can hide them or make them follow tube or go horizontal as in pic related and the rest put geyser blocks in there like idk ballast or different rocks i guess?

Btw, the story comes to me as a kyogre vs groudon fight story, if you have played Rubi/Saphire you should make a sanctuary for them.

Late August. And that IS something to look into. I have a lot of locales and stuff littered all over.

bump
or actually, unbump
thanks Veeky Forums

Ah fug, enough time has passed since midnight that it doesn't change anything anymore. At least the DST shenanigans were amusing for a bit.

Loving TiCon for 1.10.2

>Working on autismoshop by adobe.
>Adobe crashes and lose 6 frames of animation

same, user
the trait system really makes choices in materials matter you know?
tic def is out for 1.10 and has added shields so far. no armors yet but soon.
i also hear base tic is coming out with bows. the long bow will actually be loooooong and the cleaver will be as big as the buster sword, but you didnt hear it from me

Any early mods that never got updated? I'm talking 1.3 and such.

Bring RP2 back.

I just realized that mods are literally the reason why minecraft has remained so popular for so long compared to other voxel games like space engineers or starmade, that have stronger core features than minecraft (separate grids, physics, gate logic, fuggin space ships)but less content (spengies is fucking barebones, starmade has like 4 sound files and zero singleplayer incentives) and not many options for modding. And not just gameplay overhaul mods, there's a distinct lack of server management tools which makes running a good space voxel server a nightmare

Kind of makes me depressed because all the space voxel games that i would love to be great are complete trash because of this, and ded as fuck as a result

>Eloraam is working on a modding API for RedPower Minus Minecraft
>custom scripting language

Can someone tell me how to get the original Skyblock, but compatible for 1.10.2?
>checked the mcforum already
>also sage

Progress has honestly been kinda slow since I'm also doing stuff for Extra Life but I've started working on the school. Making these 'windows' with Multiblocks, I really like the look.

>it's a "your modpack suddenly starts fucking up and throwing errors despite absolutely nothing having changed since you last played" episode

gotta kings quest 8 this shit

>the "everything works on /this/ instance, but my test instance with the exact same setup, mods and configs crashes on startup" episode is my favourite

>mod gets updated for 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10 - yes, all versions at once
>this is the top comment
Why don't these fucks realize the problem isn't a lack of mods in 1.10, it's 1.10 and Forge itself?
Purge reddit when?

you really can't expect much from /r/ftb

it's an oil volcano apparently

Why is 1.7.whatever better than any of the later updates?

I don't follow minecraft news

Are IC2 machines the fastest machines in modded if you load them with upgrades?

For example the IC2 electric furnace.

1.10 would be fine but it or forge (I don't remember which) can shoot up memory usage depending on the mods you install.

Didn't TiCon get nerfed after 1.7.10?

It was barely any good in 1.7.10 so if so, there's no reason to use it.

does trainserb still exist?

TiCon in 1.10 got nerfed for good and made materials useful.

Damn. Only redeeming quality of 1.10 Ticon are a few blocks then.

The only bad thing about ticon pre-nerf was that it was too good.

The hammer, cleaver, and excavator were just useful enough to justify using them. The other tools were mediocre and some only rivaled vanilla enchanted at best.

Nobody ever played it vanilla TiCon though.

Resonant Draconic Bullshittium or whatever material they wanted to add tended to make TiCon fucking busted.

I find it comfy early game making steel or bronze tools but gates top mawpc with the nether ores.

It's not a problem for the task called "Provide more mods for 1.10", which is what this person expressed a desire for. It is a problem for actually playing them, but that's not specified in that comment.

>oil volcano

The word you're looking for is geyser

See also:
Oil well
Gusher

More progress on the "front" of the base, did kind of fuck up the right side shown here

Aside from fences, what blocks are you using to create the outer lattice-work for the balconies?

I am using lots of micro blocks, chisel mod for different types of wood, and the lattice work is a cover length thing from a mod I have to double check right now. But you can see the close up in the image - made for vine placement

Yo castlefag, which castlevania games are good? I want to play for inspo.

Agricraft gates, I got it finally

never played any of them, watch Ran instead or google image Indian forts

What is the coral from?

Rivers make my dick hard. Too bad minecraft sucks at them.

what mod(s) adds powerlines that can transfer RF, EU, and maybe other forms of power?

i want to route power without having to dig an underground tunnel, but spamming ender IO conduits above ground would be ugly.

You mean like exactly like Immersive Engineering wires?

Immersive Engineering

thanks

>Actual powerline with an actual electrical thingy stuck to it
What version?

Better foliage, I believe. But it's solely cosmetic

The MV transformer? That's been in IE for ages, this is actually a screenshot from over a year ago I just grabbed.

It's called a transformer and sadly only the mv to lv transformer is aesthetic like in that picture. The one that's actually useful won't stick to the posts like that.

I intend to eliminate the layer of bedrock, but no idea on how to do it efficiently.
What map/world editor do you recommend for this?

Oil volcano sounds cooler, fuck yourself.