/mscg/ - My Summer Car General

beautiful cherry edition

Previous thread: >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

What's the fastest you've had the Paskamobile up to on the dirt roads?

i need some van_templates

Ass isting with how do I mod van tutorial

lazy faggots

130 and survived using keyboard.

Poop truck is most fun though, it's nearly impossible to flip and recovers easily

>drank 2 bottles of booze
oh fug terrible idea.

Wait, where did you get a second one?

Use pic related for the poster in garage

don't play when drink IRL.

"""booze""" in game and being drunk while you play is a sure ticket to the toilet as you regret your decisions.

>back van into chopping block
>picking a new log instantly chops it and puts the pieces in the back of the van
>one half of my firewood ends up in the van, one half under the van
What am I doing wrong?

Back into it closer to the wood pile. I had this issue but backed into it closer to the wall/woodpile.

>Saving up for new graphics card
>Been playing the pirated version lately
>All these amazing updates come out
>Want to buy the game

Is it worth it to buy it now or wait until an updated torrent?

It's looking out to be that i'd rather buy it considering the rate these updates are coming out

Being a poorfag is hard

Dude it's like 15$, it's worth it.

>niggas who dont know about the updated pirated versions

Finally got paid. Time to finally buy this shit. Is it easy to transfer saves if I have an older version.

I can't sprint in my save that I started before sprinting was a thing
Do I need to get a new game to enable it?
I really don't want to, I'm just finishing tuning my car

wait for a sale

well where is it, user?

Map the key.

one from the woodshed, one from the dude who you sell wood to. punch him and take his booze.

I was pretty much you until this week as I got a great job recently, but I can relate.

It was a choice between the last money I had for decent food, or this game and absolute shit food (And paying rent).

It really depends on what you enjoy in a game. Personally, I think it was worth living off canned food and ramen for a few days, I've really enjoyed the gameplay and since I record every time I play, the clips of fucked up shit I have.

Eh, I like supporting indie devs if the game is decent.

Big companies can go fuck themselves, but this guy is on my short list of good indie/early access devs.d

GIVE IT OVER NERD

>be me
>get call, parts are in shop for pickup
>double time it to Suma because Christmas came early
>literally breaking speedometer, the dice are horizontal
>see polis lights around the turn
>ripbrakepads.jpg
>casually driving within limit now when the red car being chased by polis swerves just enough into my lane
>somersault
>somersault
>land deep past the lay-by
>body check, giblets everywhere, gas can and tool kit on the road, fenders, bumpers and doors all over the place
>put toolkit on roof and get to work
>twelve minutes later of trying to attach mangled body parts that pop off instantly
>just about to screw in the last door bolt
>red car being chased by cops is coming back the way it came
>red car shoots by but cops turn into lay-by and slam into the back of my car
>they're wrapped around a tree, my car sperged out and everything is all over the place again
>notice something in their hand
>it's a fine for me for 6000 shekels
>I now have a rekt car and engine, and all the money I had for the shit I ordered went to a fine

pic is the moment I was able to take a screenshot when they hit the back of my car, the toolkit is still midair.

Also FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

How often can you do the firewood job? I thought it was anytime but the guy isn't there.

>police

I've literally never seen the police in the game where are they?

granted I tend to stick to the dirt roads a lot, I tend to get to the town with the store in it whose name I forget by driving through Loppe- the roads are a bit more forgiving if you're hitting hit hard, and you can check peoples' poopchutes on the way to see if you need to come by and suck them off.

>not using the highway

Huh. Is it faster to get to Perajarvi by taking the dirt road all the way out to it, or is it faster to turn towards loppe and then get on the highway there?

faster if you're in your datsun

Can someone please explain why when I load a save my bumpers and fenders fall off?

Some car damage is retained even if you quit without saving.

if you have car damage, aka a bolt is loose, the item will pop off upon loading in

depends on what you're driving and how shit of a driver you are, but it's a highway so yeah it's generally faster.

just watch out for other cars

>put body part on
>it deforms and jumps off

What is this shit engine?

inb4 some retard says
>unity

So even if I alt-f4 it knows about the accident I just had?

p. much
back up your saves so that shit doesn't happen

Not him, but I had a problem where I think this happened.

I put my rear bumper on, it came off and for some reason it wouldn't let me reattach it. Couldn't fit it back on, it was like it couldn't detect it.

can you do jobs upon returning from a save even if the darts aren't there?

>tfw hood came off and i cant find it

Yes, save/reload removes the dart from the map but the jobs still available.

TRIME TO MAKE SOME MUINEY WHILE DRINKING MIKES HARDER LEMONADE SPONSODERED BY NISSAN AND TOYOTATA

>DRINKING MIKES HARDER LEMONADE
Truly this is the summer of pussies.

I need to pick up some beer. Or bourbon.

Any of you fags watch this guy?
Also, I keep fucking dying on my way back home in the Mystery Machine, where EXACTLY is the save-spot in at Teimo's?
>inb4 git gud

Save spot won't help you if you're dying.

Alt+F4 me lad, I just want to build the fucking car

i'd rather take an alcohol pill but they don't offer that yet

>get call for firewood
>load up trailer
>it's late and I'm tired so I go home to sleep
>wake up at 3am to phone ringing
>"I tried calling everyone"
>fuck you I have firewood to deliver
>forgot to eat breakfast
>about halfway there I notice I'm getting very hungry
>I've come too far to turn around now
>get to the house, guy isn't outside
>fuck it, dump the wood, I'm not bringing the tractor back later for the same load, it's probably too early for him to be out.
>go home, hunger red at the last intersection
>rush inside, grab sausages
>take the van back, he's outside
>he's waving me back, wont pay me
Is this how you treat a fucking war hero? Do you know how much time I wasted?
Come any time my ass.

Who dis? I'm in the mood for a muscle car/import YT'er

did you dump the wood using the rear hydraulics?
should've brought the tractor if you didn't.

It's jefmajor, a streamer who recently streamed MSC

>lying on the internet

>trying out the highway
>testing out my satsuma, got the carb tuned just right so it's easily able to get up to 160
>muffled eurobeat in the distance
>eurobeat tard pulls up behind me
>pulls around to pass
>step on the gas, you're gonna have to work for it fuckboy
>he fucking merges into me
>both doors fly open, careen into a ditch on the side of the road
>try to restart it as he does a donut and leaves
>the fucking fuel tank fell off

v i t t u
i
t
t
u

>going slow enough to where the euronigger can pass you
lmao
if you're going at least 140, there's a 0% chance of that happening

u fuckin lied to me

Think I had backed off the throttle a bit because my engine was getting a bit toasty. Can you run the race radiator without any of the other race parts? If I stay on the throttle too long, I start to piss coolant and the fuel mixture gets way too fuckin lean.

>captcha has non-english letters in it
cancer

>Can you run the race radiator without any of the other race parts
yes
race radiator is fucking based, it never fails, at least with my experience

Guys, i got this slight problem starting this game.
It loads up to the menu where it crashes after a sec or two. Anyone experienced the same?
Got the error right here:
>mysummercar.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
> in module mysummercar.exe at 0023:5e930040.

Do new tires and rims effect traction on different surfaces?

Is it impossible to take off properly without stalling with the twin carb and auto clutch?
My carb is tuned to 15 by the way.

With my current tune, the stock radiator lasts quite a while. I can run the absolute dogshit out of the lil Cherry on the dirt roads, talkin' hopping off the crests and shit, keeping it above 100km/h the whole time, and it'll only just start venting as I'm turning on to the highway. If I come down just a little bit (which I usually have to do anyway just to keep from going off the road), I can get it to last almost indefinitely.

Seriously, if any of you are having performance issues with the stock parts, buy the fuel mixture gauge and tune your carb so it's on the rich end of the optimal zone at cool running temperature. Makes a world of difference.

Yes. that is why they exist.

Either bind a key to the clutch and give it some throttle before taking off, or put it in neutral, bring it up to around 2-2.5k, then shift. IRL that'd be hell on the clutch, but it's necessary in game if you don't have a clutch pedal.

Unfortunately i don't have a clutch pedal so ill have to rev the shit out of it.
I found going into first holding the brake to bring up the rpm then letting go of break works the best.

Maybe they where cosmetic, thanks

You can do that just by binding a key to clutch, and instead of holding the brake in, just hold that key in. I have it set to one of the face buttons on my wheel.

when i tried to boot it up i had squealing + ticking but i fixed both of those with the 25 looses + 11 tightens to valves and messing with the belt till it was 1 tighten away from squealing
now i just get a revving sound from the engine so i thought that meant it needed gas but theres no gas cap and when i try to poor the green bar doesnt move up
what now

So I just restarted and I'm at the mechanic, but I have very little gas to get home in the van, and I don't know what way I'm going. Which turn is it back to the house, because I'm worried I won't have enough gas to get back

Drink peer and try harder. I spilt half of my can before I found a way in.

No one?

Oh god please help with my alignment. There is no alignment section in the guide, there is no clicking sound to signify a 'sweet spot'.

I counted about 120 turns from the far side of the tuning. So I settled with 60 turns in the middle and I can't even drive to the mechanic to fix it without eating shit on the dirt roads.

Try buying it on Steam.

if you have verify tgame cache

Yes. The wood is on the ground driveway.

Don't deliver wood at night.

The gas cap on the boat doesn't seem to want to come off with the mouse wheel. Does it have some secret keybinding or something?

Turn right. Town is just as far as home and you can fill up the van while you're there.

go towards store, and don't sleep on the pedal. you have opportunities to let it coast and preserve some gas.

in the worst situation, you'll run out and have to walk a few miles to the station, but you shouldn't be that far away.

You can see the wheel turning when you turn the nut.
Keep working until the wheels look straight then go for a drive to see if they need further adjustment.

can anyone try and recreate this livery? got another view too

second view

i'm a poorfag and shit broke atm. Besides i'd like to try a game before i buy it.

breddy gud dagumi

>stock wheel
>30k
>stock steering wheel
>body damage

Had to restart my game after the engine flew out of my car and couldn't put the parts back in. Think I'm top shit and turn perma-death on.

>First run to store in van
>Swing by the junk yard to grab the couch
>On the motorway
>Push some pleb off the road
>Make it to store
>Fill up all cans, grab peer and sausage
>feelsgood.jpg
>Crank it out of town with a burn out
>Drinking beer, lean out the window to throw the bottle
>Smash straight into a tree and die
>Young man died in car crash

10/10 would perma-death again

Why would you buy the racing wheel it just covers your rpm gauge and shit unless you sit really far back it's a pain in the ass.

how do i know which valve is ticking? i've fiddled with them all and there has only been one steady rhythm to the ticking.

Got my car put together, all the bolts and nuts are tight, but when I try starting the engine it pops and then dies. I've tuned the carburetor down like 200 ticks already and it's still popping. wat do?

>Using the RPM Gauge
>Not knowing the perfect time to shift by ear

I'd rather know the time than have a nonessential gauge ;^)

If i don't hit the exact right rpm on take off in first gear i'll stall my car so it is a lot less hassle.

mechanic stole my racing muffler, exhaust pipe, and passenger door....

How do you figure out whats wrong with your valvetrain or carburetor if your engine won't even start?

im stuck in getting past the menu in this fucking game

it means you have bigger problems than a carb and valves.
is everything bolted down?
Did you put in all the fluids?
Fan Belt?
Battery?
you should have no spare parts besides clock/rpm gauge.

un-check force feeedback

Everything is bolted, all the fluids are full, fan belt is on and not squealing, I reloaded to recharge the battery. The engine turns over for half a second ,pops, and then dies. I've tried tuning the fuel mixture but no matter how far I screw it down it still pops. Would badly tuned valvetrain prevent the engine from starting? I've been trying to adjust those as well to get rid of the ticking but when the engine only stays on for a second it's hard.

turn every valve down 18 times then up 7 times to take care of the valvetrain. Go over everything again make sure the fuel line is all connected.

will that work if I've been adjusting it back and forth and lost count? is there a minimum number you can "unscrew" it before it stops counting?

they spin infinitely but there are only about 18ish values.

well that fixed it, thanks

huh, never seen anyones valves so out of wack their car wouldnt start

Got my car back from alignment and passed inspection. Guess it's time to make dosh and order parts. Thinking I'll get the radiator and various dials first. Maybe a spoiler since they're cheap. Not sure what sort of interior I want to go with.

radiator is excellent first choice. unless I'm wrong, the exhaust pipe requires the improved header, so you might want to wait before ordering that one. believe the sport muffler also requires the sport pipe, so plan for that.

again, could be wrong, if someone wants to verify.