/utg/ - Undertale General

Giant Hands Edition

Previous timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwf2hoSUAAAbOiS.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwhjWJqUcAAdfnW.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjAW1zXEAEo67d.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwj5pHxUkAArudT.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwj0zJqUoAAZAF0.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwcDZv8VEAEW88c.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwcDW2ZVIAAsoht.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwiPELOUsAAbE1S.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgNaiTVIAEvvv_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjNBg3UAAErn_X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjcuqyVIAAzLVP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjBdfSUsAAhZ6K.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwj0xrhVEAA8x8m.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwfiblcUAAA7hJQ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwfj680UQAIjhEt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwjzaq3UQAAyJAB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwhX1M_VIAAVXOq.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwic6giUAAALAvk.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgzYStUAAAb-3Z.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjgC0kUoAA0L4h.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgQ7ERUsAAy5YB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgP5oyUkAAIEcP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgVsSyUcAAhjyn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/ClZZIPCVAAAJSOR.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwjc6ZuUcAAFTmN.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwhKiQzVQAED6xA.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwiKBDlUQAA9uQa.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwe6Eo4UcAA8WdU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwe6JdsVEAASbO9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwe6TfDVIAAK7zu.jpg:orig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fish!

If there's anybody out there with an extensive Undyne image collection who hasn't responded yet, please let me know!

cute nerds

Toriel for Trump!

Goat

Adolescents

A monkey that 100% predicts soccer games predicted Trump winning.

sans

Torump best ship, even better than Soriel

Holy shit, anime IS real

At least that's more reliable than the polls!

The cutest!

Reminder that Frisk actually wouldn't die if they gave their soul to Asriel. Physical beings don't NEED a soul to live. Flowey lives just fine without it. Well, aside from lack of certain feelings. Even if it does kill them, they can be resurrected with some determination.
But they SHOULDN'T give their soul to him anyway because all it would do is give him control of the timeline and even more powerful magic.

Me irl

>Holy shit, anime IS real

*kisses ur skull*
sleep tight

What would happen if they added a fight to the game where you could remove the "soulless" checkmark from your gamefiles by fighting Chara and Frisk?

you're my favorite ship, user

You're back!

Hardmode NEVER EVER

i never left.

You said you were leaving after Halloween.

漁の愛!! アルフィズ・スーパー・クラッシュ is my favorite mid-90s yuri romance manga, an absolute classic.

It would ruin the whole point of Genocide.
Why bother giving it such consequences when you also make it possible to just remove them with a fight?
Besides, soullessness is punishment for letting your curiosity get better of you. It's your own fault.

oh im not him.

Justmake it insanely hard then.

Oh, whoops.

Ty

Ohh im glad to hear that

That and Frisk might be left as an emotionless husk after that and nobody's gonna like it.

Reading a manga based on cooking tasty looking food at 3am when I don't have access to anything to eat was a mistake

>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwf2hoSUAAAbOiS.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwhjWJqUcAAdfnW.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjAW1zXEAEo67d.png:orig
>Omega Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwj5pHxUkAArudT.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwj0zJqUoAAZAF0.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwcDZv8VEAEW88c.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwcDW2ZVIAAsoht.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwiPELOUsAAbE1S.jpg:orig
>Gaster
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgNaiTVIAEvvv_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjNBg3UAAErn_X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjcuqyVIAAzLVP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjBdfSUsAAhZ6K.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwj0xrhVEAA8x8m.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwfiblcUAAA7hJQ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwfj680UQAIjhEt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwjzaq3UQAAyJAB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwhX1M_VIAAVXOq.jpg:orig
>Mettaton
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwic6giUAAALAvk.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgzYStUAAAb-3Z.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwjgC0kUoAA0L4h.jpg:orig
>Grillby
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgQ7ERUsAAy5YB.jpg:orig
>vegatoid
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgP5oyUkAAIEcP.jpg:orig
>Skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgVsSyUcAAhjyn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/ClZZIPCVAAAJSOR.jpg:orig
>Mettaton & Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwjc6ZuUcAAFTmN.png:orig
>fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwhKiQzVQAED6xA.jpg:orig
>dogs
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwiKBDlUQAA9uQa.jpg:orig
>king of this world
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwe6Eo4UcAA8WdU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwe6JdsVEAASbO9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwe6TfDVIAAK7zu.jpg:orig

>He thinks an insanely difficult fight to earn back your soul wouldn't count as redemption
Your lack of poetic nature is showing, user

i hope he comes back soon though.
thanks for the art papa.

Same thing except takes longer.

If such fight is ever added, it should be unwinnable or end with complete destruction of Frisk's soul just to rub it in.

reminder toby is perfect

>femanons

That's a horrid mindset.

that's not good game mechanics, bro.
even with the most difficult games, there are usually ways of coming out on top, unless it's either
a.poorly made
or
b.broken

It is, but it is fitting for this situation.

Lewds when?

I disagree with that notion, but to each their own.

Goodnight /utg/, I love you!

Goodnight lad. Stay safe.

>tfw all your fellow characterfags are shitty except you

>tfw all your fellow characterfags are dead aside from 2 or 3 who pop in once in a blue moon
What character?

This feel, I feel it deeply.

Undertale is more about story. Why bother giving your actions any consequences if you're also making it possible to get rid of them? You killed everyone. You don't have any excuses for your actions. You were not soulless. You were not insane. You've been told to stop. You've been forced to stop. But you didn't. Nobody told you to kill everyone. Nobody forced you to kill everyone.
Why would a murderer get a chance to erase everything they did and pretend it never happened?

Other than "it's a video game".

Reminder that sans is canonically:
>a better caretaker than Toriel
>a better friend than Papyrus
>a better fighter than Undyne
>a better scientist than Alphys
>a better entertainer than Mettaton
>a better ruler than Asgore

because in a world where time manipulation is a thing, you should be able to turn back the clocks, and be able to get rid of the taint, at least somewhat. a chance at redemption, if you will. a route like this could be constructed, where certain aspects change because of what you did, but you could build up character and fix your mistakes, but not forget them completely.

Shame he isn't as likable as half those characters

Reminder that if you wouldn't hug every character you missed the point of the game.

>he wouldnt let male chara fuck him
You guys used to be cool

It could be done with some major changes to the plot.
But why should it be constructed? There's is already a much better option. Just don't go on that route. Don't kill anyone. Don't turn Frisk into a homicidal maniac. Don't turn Chara into a demon hell-bent on completing its mission at all costs.

Yeah
He's more likable than all of them

But user that's gay!

This is why people don't like Sansfags

i suppose the reason to construct such a route would be to build upon the game more, maybe add some character development you otherwise would not see. in all honesty having a route like that, a redemption route, would be more fulfilling. maybe to make it more 'fair' you could make it a one time deal, and if you killed again, it could....permanently lock you into certain endings. idk.

Reminder that in soulless TP ending, Frisk and Chara befriend each other over time and happily share a body as they kill everyone.

It's probably just someone falseflagging.

Soulless TP isn't supposed to be fulfilling.
You've screwed over everyone's lives and you also screwed over Chara's life as well if you ever get bring the world back. They take away your ending because you took their ending. All fair.

Not that user, but I feel redemption makes sense.
After all, it's implied Flowey did the Genocide route several times, and he still gets to be forgiven at the end, so I don't see why redemption for post-genocide Frisk and Chara isn't an option.

Reminder that your favorite is a cute.

>a better friend than Papyrus
I'm not so sure about this one.

Reminder that your taste is great.

Flowey was soulless, insane and, most importantly, he was a child. The player was not any of this.

If Asgore and Flowey / Asriel are forgiveable and reedemable then I see no reason why Chara / a genocide Frisk shouldn't be as well

Reminder to get some sleep.

>The player
I'd prefer not to open that can of worms. Let's just keep this discussion to Chara and Frisk and leave Geno out of it.

>The player was not any of this.
After reading these threads for a while, I don't know about that.

But that's ignoring canon.
Without the player, Genocide would never start or be aborted.
The world would not be brought back because Frisk is homicidal and doesn't give a single fuck about anyone at that point and Chara doesn't like wasting time.
Chara would not talk to their partner because Frisk is just a vessel for them and not a partner like you are.
None of the dickish options would have ever been chosen because Frisk feels bad for simply tapping a dummy.

Without Toby, there wouldn't be a genocide route. Without the player, the game won't even start. If you go that deeply into meta, you're breaking everything.

>But that's ignoring canon
No it isn't. The existence of the player as an actual character in Undertale is up to interpretation.
Personally, I feel the player existing as an actual entity in the world of Undertale is kind of dumb because it renders everything else insignificant and means literally everything that Chara and Frisk do can be blamed on the player. In otherwords, it turns them into "dindus".

kawaii

Where were you while Flowey performed all these resets?

Huh the art theme today is whatever you want

I guess that interesting its going to be mostly Sans
idk playing SMT I guess

Even if Genocide is player's fault, Chara still helps them willingly and doesn't stop you even though they can. Frisk is the victim of this until they gain enough LOVE and start liking it. Everyone is guilty here.

If the player doesn't exist, then why would Frisk go on Genocide route? Why would they abort it after Papyrus when they enjoy killing people from that point? Why would Chara tell them to give their soul to them if they already control their body? Why would Frisk reset after TP?

>Huh the art theme today is whatever you want
Does that mean it's the end?

idk maybe
They've already done all the major characters and a lot of the sides ones so I guess there really isn't many left...
I was hoping they would do more random enemies and some of the other NPCs but I guess having the last real character be Gaster makes sense

>why would Frisk go on Genocide route?
Curiosity, crazy, lack of consequence. If starting genocide after neutral then because they feel betrayed and need to be stronger

>Why would they abort it after Papyrus when they enjoy killing people from that point?
Papyrus offers them unconditional kindness at that point. It should be a point of no return, since if Frisk is almost any of the ones mentioned above, his words would move them, since everyone else still tries to fight them.

>Why would Chara tell them to give their soul to them if they already control their body?
Either because it's not 100% control without the SOUL, or because they don't want the same mishap to happen as with Asriel. If they have absolute control over body and soul, there's no chance of a rebellion breaking everything again.

>Why would Frisk reset after TP?
Someone dies. They die. The future railroads into grimdark. They want to experience everything again for the first time, but become bored. They're unhinged. And once again, no consequence. Pick any of these, really.

>If the player doesn't exist, then why would Frisk go on Genocide route?
>Why would they abort it after Papyrus when they enjoy killing people from that point?
>Why would Frisk reset after TP?
The same reason Frisk climbed up Mt. Ebott in the first place.
Although Frisk is their own character, it's just like the other silent protagonists in games like the Shin Megami Tensei series. Large amounts of their personality is based on the player's decisions and interpretations.
That doesn't actually mean the player is literally controlling them like a meat puppet.

>Why would Chara tell them to give their soul to them if they already control their body?
To obtain actual full control over Frisk. After killing Sans, Frisk still has some amount of control. It's still possible to reset and do a pacifist run. Once Chara steals Frisk's soul, however, it's game over for everyone.

>Someone dies. They die. The future railroads into grimdark. They want to experience everything again for the first time, but become bored. They're unhinged. And once again, no consequence. Pick any of these, really.
How would they become bored if they literally don't remember anything after a True Reset?

Yeah, scratch that off, but the rest could still work, if somewhat unlikely.

>more flowey
thanks

hey so the official Japanese translation comes out next year right?
are there many japanese people who havent played the game yet though?

theres a fan translation already so i dont know what toby is doing

"this way it can look like im working"
hard mode never basically

You still have to apply a patch to use the fan translation, so an official release might make it more accessible.
Also releasing a mobile version would be really smart, but I don't know if that'll happen.

I can't imagine there's many that haven't played it but I bet that its a point of pride to have his game officially released in japan. He was a pretty big Earthbound fan, right? I know a lot of them are still bitter about Mother 3 never being brought over even though we have a really good fan translation

Flowey vore when?

do not

At home eating hot animals.

Then Frisk call

'Flowey is reset'

'no'

just a peek

WHY HER FINS ARE SO SEXY, HOLY FUCK, SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME

DON'T EVEN