/rlg/ - Roguelike General

MiFi Edition.

>DCSS 0.19 Tournament runs 4/11 to 20/11
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/

Remember that anyone can captain a team!

>DCSS 0.19 Released
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/crawl-0-19-dancing-through-memory

>Nethack annual DevNull tournament is running until the end of November
nethack.devnull.net/

>IA 19.0 beta (2cc315d)
www118.zippyshare.com/v/o0zLRgk9/file.html

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:

Double random of first altar go go go!

I'd like to watch

Well I'm planting canola so it's up to you.

guy making gaem here, im still at it

what do you think of my ideaguy ideas

i kinda want something a little different for magic
a different skilltree will fill the BLAST THINGS WITH FIREBALLS role

I will be so happy when I stop getting 4 more NPC's every 3 fucking days

Does blessing armor/weapons in Elona do anything?

It's like 2 ev/pv each and gives it one extra stage between getting cursed. You shouldn't be pissing away holy water on it though. You need it for other stuff too much

Ye I know, that's why I'm asking
The max enchant is +10, right?

Yeah. don't forget to cast/quaff holy shield for pv and feather for dv.

Very minor upgrade; do it if you don't have much else to waste holy water on.

(Remember that blessing stacks of items will bless the ENTIRE stack of items. So like, that stack of feather scrolls? Way better to use your holy water on than a single weapon/armor.)

How do i launch Stone Soup tiles on android? Only ascii version work on my device.

Yeah I do that.
I noticed an airplane or whatever that keeps shooting bombs and it keeps wrecking me and my pet (he has 2k HP now)
I tried dominating it cause it felt like a nice addition to team so I bought the domination rod for medals, used up all the charges and it of course failed to dominate (I did bring its HP down) and then found out I can't recharge it.
MEDALS WASTED
Oh yeah, I know about blessing stacks. Thanks tho

That's cause it's sound damage. Cast attribution or quaff resistance, swap on aurora rings or leather uh decorated(?) rings and just get some of magic gear for magic resist. Medals get more common later you'll get over it. don't forget to rod or kokuo a silver cat for the monster heart from mia in palmia for a boost to domination rolls.

I also just got the younger cat sister, I'm assuming I should maybe make her a shooter type? I already gened her Marksman.

If they have a shooter ai, they're a shooter, melee melees, spells casts. You can't diddle their monster ai until act II or use elosnack to edit it.

?
what do you mean, with Elona Custom I can

>TeVM^Yred
Well won't this be fun

Then it can be whatever you want it to be.

It actually is. You have good long blade and evasion apts as well as good conjuration apt.

>splat to Snorg in Lair twice in a row

wish I knew, doesn't work for me either

>SpVM
This is pretty viable, assuming first altar isn't TSO.

+9 vamp broad axe or +11 chopping broad axe with +3 int dex and +4 str

my gut says since I'm playing easy mode mibe it doesn't matter.

Dude I don't think anyone will read that. I can barely read my own handwriting. I won't dive deep into those.

vamp

chopping

Evoke feet or take him seriously.

Doesn't matter. Use vamp. Use chopping if you picked up evo, slings, or a hand crossbow.

>I don't know how it's used.
pls dont bully

I'm not sure if you're asking or not. You zap it and it places a portal roughly at the target destination. It places another portal somewhere nearby. When you enter a portal it deletes that portal and you exit from a random golubria portal. You can cast it a bunch of times if you want to just zip all over. Keep in mind enemies can run in too though in practice it's not all that effective as a keepaway tactic beyond getting a gap for a stair.

Would it be possible to win at crawl if enemies could track you up stairs?

Possible? yes

but just fuck my shit up

>NPC starts to shoot at me
>when he runs out of ammo he switches to melee
>after killing him I go check if he has anything useful
>he had more ammo
Why didn't he reload?

>Crawl is boring me to tears
>Can't move on to another RL until I get at least one win

What are you playing as

MiBeI thought tab+autoexplore until Lair was just a meme at first

fastest abyss rune I've ever gotten

took longer to find the exit than to get the rune

You can't post here unless you have a certified crawl ascension license.

What should be my 3rd rune as a VSFi with a hexer ancestor?

I can regen 3 health per turn, should I attempt abyss?

Or will V:5 be easier? I can F+++ and Immolate or wait for my ancestor to mass confuse everything?

you can tab+autoexplore your way to zot if you have the right gear

Just be more careful when tabbing and stop doing it if it seems the fight it's gonna be hard

And summon allies

I think their AI probably has some degree of only reload if it's cartridges or has loaded mags because it's like 40 turns to refill them.

You should be fine. Use your invocations to keep your ancestor alive and boost its spellpower while you cleave.

If it has a gun, don't talk to it and grenade it. You don't get shot and you get all the ammo

>ess

>cleave
I'm using Short blades :^)

Ffffuuuuuuuck. Couldn't you have long blades and just gotten a couple sblades to go with the sross-train xp so you could fight?

Are shady zombies super fast or are they just invisible at night until they're close to you

Idk senpai, seemed fine to me

No idea, sounds like that would be the only thing they have since they attack like regular zombies

It feels like the game is trying to give me a message

What happened to stone soups dungeon crawl?
I hadn't played in ages and now that I come back to it it's not the same anymore.
>rotten meat removed
>quaffing fountains removed
>several backgrounds, including the very interesting healer, removed
>vampire turned into a lame shit I don't want to play anymore
>thief gone
>p to pray / contemplate life removed
>etc.

Why? These don't seem like improvements, they just remove some flavour from the game.

GAS THE BLOAT.
CONTENT WAR.

>kill a dragon
>it drops a dragon armor instead of hide
>while the corpse is still intact
>dragons wear dragon armor
flavor is dead and buried.

flavor doubleplusungood crimethink

Trying for Ascetic 2, now I'm stuck with cursed jewelry and a full inventory of unid'd pots and scrolls. Didn't really consider the implications. Plus side, I found a wand of hasting on like D:5 so might be able to get 3 if I play smart.

/rlg/ pls
i encountered an enemy that i should've been able to easily kill but i got really bad rolls and got low
then i decided to go all in and continue attacking and missed 4 times in a row and died
;_;

>get good enough gear to do extended
>tfw you picked hexer ancestor

Oh well

They're hard to see in the darkness and they're actually aggressive then. Use your flashlight, chuck one, move a table out and ignite it, or light bushes/zombie clothing on fire frequently if you don't want to put up with it. If you want a compromise, electric lanterns use 4 times less power even though you only get like 6-8 tiles of light it's still enough to sprint bow meme with.

You reaaaaaaly should avoid doing things at night though. It's too easy to bungle into a brute, hulk, smokers, spitters, acidic, bloats and rapidly lose control. Not to mention the glowing bloats basically lighting you up to get fisted.

And once you get or craft a soldering iron, you can read decent mechanics skill. Remove car batteries and repair them then disassemble them for acid to make a net ~200 battery per car battery. Lantern's pretty comf/10 until you get an atomic lamp

I did it for you /rlg/

Well they haven't managed to hurt me much, I can deal with groups of four easily, it's just that they always seem to teleport right next to me at night.

I'm trying to explore at night because I've heard it's less dangerous, but if what you say it's true then I don't know what options do I have, when I try to explore at day the cities are full of zombie hordes, and if you what you say it's true then exploring and night is really dangerous too.

I could go check the lab, but I've heard they're dangerous and I'm pretty sure I'm not prepared to go there.

I guess I could just stay in my mansion and read books.

So? Mass confuse and antimagic quickblade are nothing to sneeze at.

A whole lot. Grinding for platinum coins takes forever. But only 60 more and I'll have almost all the skills; the last one I want (memorization) will probably require another wish.

They are invisible to night vision, so you can only see them when they are right next to you unless you are using a light source.

Also they have have low day vision and high night vision so they sort of bumble around in the day and charge in at night.

Does amulet of faith do anything with uskayaw?

found a +14 plutonium sword (*contam stlth-) on DCSS (playing Hill Orc fighter, floor 11, using axes right now)

is it good? or looks noobtrap? sorry but I'm pretty new

Found this at Orc:4
I have a manual of long swords.
Is it worth swapping to longswords from maces as a Demonspawn Berserker?

Can someone PLEASE post the picture of the MuMo saying "Get dat fuckin orb"?

I NEED it for reasons I cannot quite explain.

It was posted in the earlier thread you piece of shit

Basically me

piety builds faster in combat and it's hella awesome

This is truly a glorious day in /rlg/, thank you for the heads up user.

hecka*

sorry

POST LINKS!

if u didn't find it yet

There is not a single rPois in the whole dungeon and I need to do swamp or Snake
WHAT DO I DO, im starting to panic

I did thanks to I cannot explain why I needed this picture so badly but thanks user(s), you've made a good ally today

Do you have rElec

I wish, it hasnt spawned either
I'm at swamp 3 now with the hopes of finding a swamp dragon

You can just kill during the day. Take morale books to replenish focus after a fight and bum around the edges of town for mad combat skill. Sew even better armor and you can even meme on brutes

Well

Now that I have a broadsword and some fighting skill, it might not be a bad idea

Or maybe it is, but it's more exciting than just reading books

Well fuck Nicola Donald 3 hydras 3 swamp dragons ganged up on me

Can I change the sprite the ancestor uses?

Congrats my good man. You're a credit to the team.

Well everything went well until a zombie hulk showed up

Luckily I had a big horn model 89 so I managed to kill it and escape

I think I'm just gonna keep reading books, and maybe explore the forest

>When a shapeshifter turns into a swamp dragon and breathes, and then turns into a moth of wrath and immediately dies to the breath
10/10

>xom fucks with your game even when you've never worshipped xer

I think that's a vault

should I try more entries in the crawl tourney today? Yesterday's crawling was some of the most bored I've ever been typing on a keyboard, but maybe it gets better?

Of course it was.

I've taken to ramming the keys four or five times in succession and spamming esc when I think I'm done.

I splatted my loremaster. Fighting in the depths when 4 shockwasps and a stone giant and a balrug came from behind. It was one of those stupid vaults that encompasses the whole floor, so no digged. Ah hell.

f

Let this be a lesson to the rest of us not to play without drinking coffee, and to wait until the lag abates.

>canola
rapeseed
canola is a bullshit marketing term created because canadian farmers were cucks who couldn't successfully sell "rape oil"

dragon armor was renamed into "dragon scales" though

yeah combat in crawl can be really swingy

sometimes a halberd gnoll will hit you for 20 hp 2 times in a row and kill your pathetic D:2 ass

sometimes a (120 max damage) titanic slime creature will miss 3 times in a row

you have to always be ready to EVOKE FEET

is The Amy really playing original Elona instead of Elona+?