/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #441

''We were younger'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI
youtube.com/watch?v=FgyVvoODWGA
blog.dilbert.com/post/140800778006/lets-talk-about-hitler
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Max is best.

I know I've seen this edition somewhere before..

goodnight lisg

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.

One year ago for us and a little over three for them. Amongst the tragedy, fear, and doubt they found bravery, inspiration, and happiness in each other.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI

Max is #1

Kate is #1

Chloe is #1

Molli is #1

Yes she is.

Who isn't ?

Guess.

Rude!

Yes she is.

She can be nice too though!

C- Can you?

Morning /lisg/

I dunno user. The only time she seemed "nice" is when she was afraid for her life.

Good night.

Good morning.

Is that so?

I found it pretty nice when she apologized to Max and told her she deserved better. Or when she admitted to her insecurities and said Max is cool. Or when she believed her Nathan was dangerous and told her to watch out and call her if she needs anything. Or when she sent Kate an apology and get-well letter.

But maybe you didn't see much of that because you decided Max wouldn't be nice to her.

Pricefield is #1

Max is a good person!

Now and forever

Max is a rockstar!

And she's hella ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah!

She always is shown with a Les Paul. I think it fits though.

They're gonna cause the mosh pit!

A Hannah and Ashly duet would be the most touching thing. One sentimental song and a rawk out one.

I think Hannah on some recent Blackwell Podcast thing has actually said she would cover a more hard-rock-y song I forget the name of. But so maybe we'll at least get some of that at some point.

I would love to hear that. I know Ashly can rawk out and show tons of emotion in songs (That one chiptune cover, the musical she was in, etc.), but I've only hear Hannah sing softly. It would be interesting to hear her try that.
A Glass Walls or Pianofire Duet would be perfect for them.

Love this. Maybe I'll make it my homescreen.

Friendly reminder there is a creepy user that wants to kidnap Hannah and Max and force them to sing for their own sick pleasure.

Hey, I never said this at all!

Logistically speaking, I think you could probably grab one or the other. Grabbing both would be exponentially more difficult.

It's sick and noone should do it, but I'm simply saying I don't think it is something the average autist could achieve. I draw some comfort from this.

Sunday, Lazy Sunday!

youtube.com/watch?v=FgyVvoODWGA

That would be like being Jefferson. And nobody here wants to be that mentally insane or artistically worthless.

I might argue the artistic worth, but I agree it's disqualified by the insanity and being a dick.

Personally, I don't see any artistic appeal in his work. I really don't.

For what Jefferson was doing he could have used mannequins.
They are just as motionless and expressionless as a drugged model. Jefferson said he wanted to capture a moment of panic and loss of innocence (Which in class he called "bullshit" when talking about the phrase "Humanity is tortured") but the model wouldn't know to be scared.
They are drugged out of their mind and the only time Jefferson gets the fear and panic he is looking for is when he or Nathan fuck up and don't drug the subject enough.
You cannot call yourself a great artist when you contradict yourself and only achieve what you want when you mess up.

>Jefferson said he wanted to capture a moment of panic and loss of innocence... but the model wouldn't know to be scared.
I think that last part is where you are running into the contradiction. He rants about how the drugged model doesn't know 'to pose' and displays no vanity or something like that, not that they aren't scared or entering a moment of panic.

I think you could have found willing models and achieved the same photos, but he took it beyond what the photo looked like and wanted it to be a statement. A fucked up statement. This is what makes him an evil maniac. This is truly art gone too far.

Other user, but I agree that Jefferson's stuff doesn't even work as what he'd set out for it to. He says he wants to capture loss of innocence, and specifically a transitionary moment. But his subjects are unconscious. They are not innocent and do not lose any innocence either. Because they are simply not there. He does not capture "them" at all.

Let alone the artificiality of his entire setup. He says models are unauthentic. Well, now he is. Rendering his art arguably even more vain. His obsession is masturbatory, not artistically valuable.

blog.dilbert.com/post/140800778006/lets-talk-about-hitler

As a staged natural shot or a *willing* posed shot, it could indeed be very nice. Beautiful even. Void of color, capturing true emotion and vulnerability. As long as it comes from a place of trust such as if Max photographed Chloe laying down.
But the method in which Jefferson does it is a disgrace to that style of photography. To capture death and despair is to be a witness (And while some ague it's wrong and a violation of privacy, it's not hurting someone), to cause it for the sake of documenting it is disgusting. You're not showing evil in the world or showing the pain of someone- you're causing it.
is right when he says Jefferson's work is maturbatory. A very creative and correct term.
He could have gone to various places in the world to show suffering, loss of innocence, etc. and he could have become renowned and respected for doing so. Instead he chose to cause the pain himself and keep his work private, under the delusion that they were some kind of masterpiece.

summerfell's characters always look like they are suffering hypothermia. Which is kind of sexy.

You like-like dead corpses, user?

I've said similar before. His drawings look lifeless due to the pale and cold colors.

Oops. Botched one of my biggest point first sentence.
As an UNstaged, natural shot...

>germans wanting to go to war with russia once more
Wow, they sure like to get their asses handed to them

this is also evidence that germans are subhumans imho

just finished the game.
And yes, I chose bae over bay.

I never thought this before but does everyone act their age?

Good job! Welcome to /lisg/

fucking definitely. I've never seen such perfect romance before.

who's the artist?

definitaly lockscreen worthy.

We don't know the ages of many of them. But I can say that Max acted well beyond her age and Chloe grew up five years in just a week.

>I'm a little bit country
>I'm a little bit rock and roll

No, but I like freezing people. It's a fascination I've acquired when I was young, watching a TV show I have been as of yet unable to re-discover in which a pretty, almost androgynous boy was shut into the trunk of a car in a junkyard and forced to stay there the night. Intermittently they would have shots of him hugging and clinging onto himself, shivering, blueish-purple lips, pale face and all. I'm not gay, and this is not strictly a sexual fascination (i. e. fetish) at all, but I like it. The cold, pale, blue vulnerability.

Some day I will happen upon a girl suffering from exposure and rescue her with my body warmth.

I could dig the palette if the style was a little softer. Still, she does also have a few pretty nice works and overall I consider most of it save-worthy.

Hi.

And welcome. Max and Chloe are proud of you.

Yes. Psychopathology excluded (but even that not necessarily), everyone acts and cannot not act, their age. "Their" in the narrower sense of acting how they, individually, do - that behaviour necessarily being product of their distinct psychophysiologcal "age"; which is the actual physical, biochemical state of their brain as a culmination of influence experienced over the time they have been alive, their brain has been a functioning, ficitile system for.

In the broader sense, "acting one's age" is just varying composition of vague cultural and societal, even personal concepts that - while they do certainly overlap with biological realities of "age" at times and in parts - have no bearing on the specificity of individualistic behaviour and behavioural idiosyncracy conceivable of every single mind at any conceivable point of its - as far as we know - neverending plasticity.

Me neither.

kiwiclementine.tumblr.com

>definitaly
Only Sherly gets to do this! (Still cute though.)

Or did you mean whether the characters in LiS specifically act "their" age? Well, I have answered that indirectly already, but there's the distinction there that they are written characters, so their behaviour actually is product entirely of cultural, societal and personal ideas about age-specific behaviour of those that created them. Which is then even more undebatably a "yes" - they act according to the actual idea of "acting their age" of their creators; the validity of that idea however is largely insusceptible to debate. Glaringly obvious behaviouristic oddities aside, which I can't say I have seen any of. (But Victoria wears grandma clothing! Max has a teddy bear! Alice is way too wise to be of any age a rabbit realistically could be!)

The pictures are still amazing, let's not delude themselves.

thanks you!

Poster above, and posts from earlier threads, have had very valid criticisms about Jefferson's work from many aspects.
The conditions they are taken under destroy almost all merit of they may have. Without the appeal of the illegal method they are taken in, they have little worth.

As an artwork they're great though, legal or not. This is like finding Hitler's work horrible cause Hitler did it.

I don't think they are. They are genuinely not interesting in most of any sense to me.

We've talked about that before. I consume a lot of LiS art; a year later I still have the motivation to go and spend some time browsing through the various art sites every second day or so. But I have never beyond a couple of times (and then it was mostly to do with discussion) felt the need to re-visit any of the Dark Room art. Not the canon work, not the fanart that revolves around that theme. It is genuinely not intriguing to me.

I could see how it could be... but mostly as a type of sexual fascination. At least something specifically to do with the perfidious nature of the entire ordeal. Some kind of morbid fascination with the imagining of the characters in such a state.

I can't see anything inherently aesthetically or artistically pleasing in it. And again, no merit or value either.

And that's not me hating Jefferson. If anything, I had wanted for him to be something more than a delusional, criminally stupid and artistically boring at best character. As is, I just can't help but feel he is quite pathetic in quite a lot of ways... His obsession certainly seems to me. It really seems an uninspired and masturbatory one.

Can some one drop the comic of chloe coming out to her mom and she reacts with no shit?

They're not great though. They are black and white shots of someone bound and laying on a floor or sitting in a chair. There is no emotion or talent on the part of the model, the background is just a white tarp, and the photographs themselves are nothing special.
There is a focus on Chiaroscuro but as the only artistic element it doesn't do enough to make the piece worth much. It's still just a black and white photo of a rigidly posed model.
Hitler had problems with perspective and proportion but he was a painter and that takes more time and effort than taking a picture. He is allowed some slack because he was a student and using a harder medium.
Jefferson was well-known and a teacher of the subject and yet he still makes such mediocre work. Hardly worth his massive ego of that huge office that occupies a large portion of Blackwell's floor space.
Nathan's image of the grave digger was better than anything we see from Jefferson because it has a message and is a better framed shot.

The kind of reaction I would expect from Joyce.
But still loving in its own way.

"Oh and Max is my girlfriend."

"Chloe, how oblivious do you think I am? What's next? Going to tell me you have blue hair and that you got a tattoo?"

"I just wanted to finally say stuff and be more open, since I've been a bit of a bitch the last few years..."

"I know, Chloe. I know who you love, I know you still miss William, and I know you're trying to be better now. It's okay. You and Max have both grown up so much. C'mere."

>Group Hug

Agreed. The only Dark Room-themed fanart I do like is as you last discussion around had also said the fierce Max stuff. That confidence and defiance, righteous disgust for him and dismissal of his art.

And sometimes, to an extent, some psycho stuff. That Ghost-Rachel that ripped his head off. Or the one where Jefferson is drawn as that intestine-eating painting hanging on the Dark Room wall. The paintings in there were actually themselves pretty intriguing in a way. Some "Psycho-Jefferson" art and the idea of a more unsettling character that's in that can be cool too. Or "Max is beyond you" art like pic related. Jefferson thought Max was locked in there with him. But he was locked in there with her! He didn't scare her. She was determined and composed throughout, manipulating time and Jefferson, ultimately winning - Jefferson's life being completely in her hands. Unconsciously at her mercy. She can have him killed if she wants. (But she doesn't. David doesn't deserve that, and Jefferson deserves worse. And this universe was doomed for erasure anyway.)

Now that's a photo I'd appreciate! A shot I would actually let David take.

(If anyone has the original, pls gib.)

post your most gorgeous screenshots

The one truly good shot Jefferson actually takes of Max is the one she asks and poses for. It's not his style (color, consciousness, sitting postition, etc.) and a candid shot as candid can be down there. Max asks, he lines his camera up without much regard and snaps one shot quickly. And in that is captured Max's defiance. Her unimpressedness with him and his work. Asking for the shot is a manipulating move to begin with. She is playing him.

"Did you play on a potato?"

Sorry, dumping other stuff now. People have taken absolutely gorgeous photos with the free-camera mod though.

Another lie of Jefferson's works. Trying to portray Max as weak and helpless when it was really one of her strongest and most defiant moments.
Even when she knows she may die, her concern is about Chloe and saving her. she doesn't give Jefferson the satisfaction of seeing her cry or panic. She lashes out at him to show who he's fighting and she buys time until rescue conveniently arrives.
Even though I don't want Max to have to know she has blood on her hands, I would have liked for her to use her power to freak Jefferson out and ultimately destroy him.
Teleporting around, moving objects around the room, saying what he is going to say before he can say it. Make Jefferson think he is in that room with a demon.Because he is.

Hell hath no fury like a Max facing someone that hurt her Chloe.

(Appropriately, we are looking at it once won and freed.)

Well said.

That would be awesome photo. Maybe Max could even take one of Chloe, Joyce, and David looking happy.
I really wish there was more art of Max, Chloe, and their families. Let's face it, both Ryan/Vanessa and David/Joyce will see Max and Chloe as both their daughters anyway.

A great family.

>MAX IN THE DORK ROOM

wait is this who i think it is?

>every room Max is in is a Dork Room
>if Max and Chloe are together in a room, it becomes The Dork Room

Yep.

This one is another interesting fanart. It's not a photo Jefferson took. It has color, Max is wide awake. She has a sense of superior clarity here. Even in those drugged moments, he had no control over is, is the figurative re-translation then.

Any vehicle they are in is Dork force One.
Just trying to keep things light-hearted amongst all the Dark Room/Jefferson stuff.

Although I gotta go for a while. So stay comfy!

over her*

Still feeling like dumping some general Dark Room art (only non-threatening stuff though)...

Take care!

why can't i find the picture on their deviantart?

Check his tumblr!