/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB36)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?17106

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

That skin is horrid.

this

SEETHING edition

Cassie is best girl
Anyone who disagrees is a homo

Yeah, regular Makoa looks cuter.

I know right? Why mess up cute turtle perfection?

what they should have done, is make TMNT inspired skin for Makoa. how cool would that be?

Plushie makoa when???

or this

>buy resilience III on makoa because damba buys deft hands and has snake pit IV
>stun lasts for less than a millisecond
>get my ult off before dying because of this
pretty good

It doesn't look tactile at all, shit looks more like claymation.

>Mid level Andy balantly aimbotting when I'm trying to level up my own
>Refuse to engage him head on and consistently ambush him when he is low.
>Does stupid shit like firing into my Suck-o-matic, even managed to ate 3 of his Ult shots and blast him back once.
>Managed to hand his ass his first loss while equalizing his score at the end.

Thank god that my team mates are smart enough to stick together instead of running off to get picked apart. And that's all the crystal farming for today.

>playing against a premade duo of Nando + Ruckus
>our 3 damage dealers buy aggression right away
>ask them why
>no response

>enter game
>get farmed badly
>0-3
>Mal'Damba goes afk on third round
>tells us its hopeless
>Viktor tells him not to give up
>tell team to focus Ying and save ults for the cap
>end up winning
based comebacks

>Play against a team of russian "better players"
>They are all diamond rank
>they all pick damage or flank
>me and friend take tanks
>we laugh while they tickle us with headshots
>win 4-1
>every kill feed had a aimlock and esp

Russians are so stupid they have to download skill and even then they lose kek.

wednesday

>Be tanker
>Your attackers and flankers got raped easily by buck and evie

Give uppu?

>constantly shuts down Skye in flanks and floors her hard on 1-on-1
>she ded
>still gets killed by her stray ulti

ye, fuck the range of that shit

>ITAIIIII

>Be Nando
>Take cauterize

Buck is now running away like a pussy

>Be Nando
>our Ying only places illusions far away from the point so it never heals me
>also shatters them a lot
>lose 4-3 after having 400 objective time

What the fuck just happened

Who is the best tanker?

>enemy skye gets shat on the entire game
>ends up 5-17
>still "best flank" cause 3 solo kills (our andro had 20+ elims but only 2 solo kills)
>skye proceeds to talk shit to his team ("see? best flank you bunch of retards, stop complaining")
hi-rez your system is fucking dumb, you're not helping

Fernando,followed by Makoa

>it's another episode of POTG being Androxus launching himself up in the sky and killing 3 people with his ult

>hear androxus dashing
>hear him dashing again, look up and see him in the sky
>he dashed a third time, he is now very far up
>DEATH AWAITS Y-AAGH

try and run

I find Barik easy as long as my teammates didnt get wiped

Can you skip the bots till five thing till if you queue with someone higher?

>androxus ults
>q
I really enjoy playing Makoa

does it work against victor ulti?

No, sadly

Btw whens the next update?

Viktor's ult isn't a projectile, so it goes right through all shields.

Most likely this Wednesday.

hahaha nigga just press f

just walk away behind a wall haha

how can it be real

How do I into Minessa boys?

Throw mines at the point. Wow that's hard.

throw points at the mines, teleport behind the enemy team and snipe them with your carbine at point blank range

or play viktor

Strange, Fernando's shield seems to block it

Throw mines at point, carbine people's faces in if up close, snipe if far. Teleporting behind enemy often catches them off guard. Once objective is secure, throw mines up ahead to dismount enemies and into flank routes.

I think his shield may be bugged at times, I've had people kill me while shooting AT my shield.

Some time ago I came up with the idea of adding ratings at the end of the match, the players would rate each of their teammates with a number from one to five. That way it would have been possible to divide the player base in three categories. Some anons said that of couse it wouldn't work because salty retards would give one to everyone.
What if we let an algorithm do the same thing? It would do a comparison between the stats and decide if you did well or not and than assign a vote from 1 to 5. If everyone did more or less 50.000 damage and the shitter did 17.000, it's clear the the shitter should get a rating of 1 and go play with other shitters. Of course the algorithm would be way more complex than this because it need to keep in consideration the obj time, solo kills, shielding and healing but it could work. This way the shitters would be shit togheder same thing with the average and the gods.

Vik's ult is an explosion that comes from the center of the center of the marker. It's stupid, but it's not blocked from above by Makoa's shield or Barik's ult, but it is on the ground if there's a shield between you and the center.

this looks awful

why is it always bariks?

Manlet rage

5-star systems don't work. you get an overwhelming majority of people throwing around 1-stars, a couple people rewarding good sportsmanship with 5-stars and basically nobody using the other 3 stars. might as well use thumbs up and down which is retarded

it would be better with behavior system. Helpful/Unhelpful, Funny/Annoying, Sportsmanlike/Unsportsmanlike. you would only get to click one of the alternatives out of the 6 for each player in the game after the end of the game. the game would prompt you to vote for a specific random player up front at the end, but you could always hover over any players name and select one of the 6 voting alternatives.

shooting range is bugged or someshit, viktor has an assload of recoil in it for some reason

anti-cheat when?

It keeps happening la

how2play grohk?

I've had that shit happen a ton, I thought it was just me not positioning properly or something. It's usually Viktors that manage to shoot through it.

cause barik cant objective if the flankers is incompetent

That it's why I then tought of the algorithm, there would be no people involved in the voting.

I've had it happen with Viktor and Cassie.

>shield's up, almost full health on it but low hp on me
>suddenly Viktor who stands quite the way from me kills me
>killcam shows him shooting straight at my shield

Healing Rain IV and Gale IV.
Bodyblock your totem or put it behind your frontliner's shield.
Use the ult to follow up on fights.

It's an accidental preview of his nerf this coming patch

I'm assuming, aside from spaghetti code, it has something to do with their projectiles. I wouldn't rule out the server overcompensating for lag or something either, even if I play in the 20s.

Healing Rain IV
the one that increases the totem's hp I guess
others just for ghost walk

I'm a shit Grohk so don't take anything I say for truth

5 star systems still don't tell you anything
>oh, a 4 star player. is he super friendly? is he really good shot? is he a good teamplayer? is he a good sport?

Same thing happens with Cassies all the time. It's annoying as fuck.

the left click one or right click?

during ironsights. at first I thought it was because I was testing a deck without compensater but then I took one with compensator II and it was still fucking huge recoil. pretty sure it's bugged.
people would just take compensator III-IV

You would not see the rating of the player or know yours for that matter, it would be just for matchmaking purposes, so that you don't end up with and against players too good or too bad. This game is intresting when you have a tight match with two team that are more or less head to head. Somping on shitters is boring after a while and getting stomped is frustrating as fuck. This way you would have molstly equilibrated matches.

Given he doesn't need III to IV, making it mandatory gives him less tools. It's still a nerf

yeah I guess it would fuck with my build
>grenadier III
>fire in the hole II
>firing stance IV
>compensator I
>speed load II
>almost empty mag
>grenade the point
>get ammo back
>never have to reload
>half reload on kills and elims
>literal bullet hose

>only enjoy playing 5 champs

>only enjoy playing 4 champs, one for each "role"

they're all the easy mode ones

I only play Ying, Grohk, Makoa and Barik.

>tfw Mastery 11 Nando after 23 hours of playing Paladins
It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Ummm they have pretty big ops team, they ban about 3-5 people every minute. What more could you want?

god when the first ban wave comes the cleansing of the top Cassies, Viktors, Andys, and Kinessas will be legendary, like TF2 sniper lmaobox level.

I only have fun playing Drogoz, BK, Evie or Buck. Sometimes but rarely Muh'koa. Ruckus is kind of fun to play as well but he's just not viable especially by himself.

>Don't enjoy playing any champs
>Only played this weekend because of free crystals
>Only logged in before this weekend for the login rewards

>play against 5 stack
>lose badly
>next round, play against same 5 stack
>win 4-1

The difference was that in the first round, our team was allergic to the point. Remember to attack the objective!

Fucking matchmaking stop placing me with SUCCs

MMMMM, I LOVE 'MASTERY' LEVEL 10 RUCKUS' WHO ONLY PLAY SNIPER RUCKUS, INSTABUY AGGRESSION AND DOES FUCK ALL. FUCK YOU RUSSIAN AND BR SCUM GET OFF NA

Something that detects hackers and bans automatically. The only thing you can do is report, hope they get reported enough times for someone to even look at the case. No VAC ban, nothing just make a new account because your steam account remains unharmed.

How do you card Buck? How do you itemize him?

the first half of this show sucked hard but the back half was alright
great OP though

What is the joke here? I don't get it.
>Barik gets laughed at for doing his job and telling others to do their

Cooldowns for yellow. Blue is match specific, but usually haven. Green depends how I'm feeling, but since veteran was nerfed either life steal or life on kill. Red is match specific, but if I don't need cauterize or bulldozer I get deft hands.

shitting on people for trying to learn characters is autistic. play competitive if you want to have tryhards on every team

t. seething Barik

I like the idea
It's just that the overall texture is pretty horrible

How can you even tell when someone is cheating anyway?
Kill cam is pretty buggy right now

infinite headshots is the easiest tell

>seething Redditer

Victor's ult spawns the explosion out of their asses with a small delay, so you can put Nando's shield between you and the scary red circle to avoid damage.

After so long I've just given up and play Pip only.

Hitboxes are so big that it's not exactly hard to get a lot of headshots.

But he's telling his teammates how to play their characters not shitting on them. Do you get triggered that easily?

Do people just not understand how Grover works? Every time I get into a 1v1 with someone they run away, instead of towards me. Not to mention that they go out of their way to hit my axes.
>fighting Drogoz
>he gets low
>flies away
>I'm still throwing axes, missing horribly
>he changes direction
>right into an axe
He did it the next round too. Seriously, what is it about fighting Grover that makes people go full retard?

>tfw SURGING

Grohk's the most fun support IMO.

Yeah, the heals are not so bad but the totem needs either a buff or a complete rework.

I'm having more fun than with Grover, that's for sure.

also >tfw opening a chest

Healing Rain IV makes the totem's heal much better. Gale IV lets you have the totem up much more often.
You can also just use the card that gives the totem some more health too if you want it.

Don't bother with opening chests. You won't get anything good.
Just let your chests simmer until more shit gets put in them or until the bugs with them (getting defealt emotes, cards you already own with no added gold etc) are fixed.

When you're playing strelok and get continuous headshots on one target for a second and a half, swing to someone else and repeat, that's a little suspect.

maybe we just like getting facialized by his axe

what do people think of Sha Lin?
He's probably gonna wreck Nando/Barik/M'koa, so ruckus might be more viable
He might be damage, but I could see him as a flank