/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
>youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FtTdoL3tdyU
youtube.com/watch?v=4ir2zDECWOM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2yjYTdHAWA
youtube.com/watch?v=AIcnD8MXrTY
youtube.com/watch?v=3bV0DLPHg8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqn4h7jk7jk
youtube.com/watch?v=ojfiZ5ulZHk
youtube.com/watch?v=m6STJffTj6c
youtube.com/watch?v=X3U8Eo5D0HA
youtube.com/watch?v=AIML_726pSM
youtube.com/watch?v=FJioZrpvJTM
youtube.com/watch?v=udMjgVonmgM
youtube.com/watch?v=vsvysRGNPOw
youtube.com/watch?v=PAHy-QYtaYM
youtube.com/watch?v=hiOqlyNMxY4
youtube.com/watch?v=GABhgVxdPDs
youtube.com/watch?v=LNN6WqsStv0
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Civilization
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all these years and i've never suggesting how potentially NSFW this image was
time to delet it

Even monsters could fear the Meowstress!

youtube.com/watch?v=FtTdoL3tdyU

youtube.com/watch?v=4ir2zDECWOM

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2yjYTdHAWA

3U runs are so comfy to watch

Don't worry user, after all these years I finally realized that there was a bulge.

Holy shit.

goddamn it

Got that one with a HH user, I think it was the Nether Synphony, hunting Brachy in the Tundra?

That was a work of art and it's what got me into HH, but I can't for the life of me find it.

What a great start, I'm so sorry

This one?

youtube.com/watch?v=AIcnD8MXrTY

The guy actually managed to beat his own time, though:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bV0DLPHg8Y

It's fine. There's actually 2 versions of that image, one with a dick and the other without one.

Is it time to slut post?

Hey all. Back with some exciting news. Received an email this morning from my source and apparently we'll get reveals on Gekkan by next month. I expect same leaks will be posted on 2ch sometime soon so I thought I'd share here as well. Next month we'll have the start of monthly reveals for the Deviant versions of the last 3 of the Fated Four. Mizutsune Deviant will be revealed December, Gammoth on January and Astalos on February. I heard playtesting's done with them so they're all set. BTW, no other new Deviants in the game except these 3 and Diablos.

>深海 タマミツネ (Deep Sea Mizutsune) - Mizutsune who adapted to living in the seas. Key difference is a new reliance on water beams although it moves as gracefully as ever. Bubbles it releases will also now inflict Waterblight alongside the Bubbles status!

>マウンテン神 ガムート (Mountain God Gammoth) - Gammoth with larger tusks and tougher plating on the forehead and feet. These Gammoth have adapted to living in the desert when food becomes scarce in their snowy mountains. It is described as much more aggressive and it will occasionally inflict Stench alongside Mud/Snow depending whether it's fought in the mountains or in the desert.

>ドラゴンスレイヤー ライゼクス (Dragon Slayer Astalos) - A much more intimidating version of Astalos that releases dragon energy alongside its signature thunder. This new energy strengthens/hardens fully charged parts effectively allowing the creature to become more of an apex predator.

>Alchemy style will be fully revealed next month as well. It will highlight primarily bombs and potions alchemy however it will promise "more items that can be combined to give hunters a new edge in combat!"

>There will be a "different kind of Nakarkos" to be fought only by G-rank hunters. All I'm told is that it will more effectively use the carcasses of different monsters in its fight.

Will continue on a new post..

did someone say slutpost?

Stygian Astalos hype!

>Deep Sea Mizu
>Mizutsune who adapted to living in the seas.
>Game forces you to fight him on land anyways

Make as much sense as fighting Abyssal Lagi on land

Those sound like subs instead of deviants m8, try harder.

But is Poseidal Mizu dull-colored and has short fins?

Bullshit or not, this sounds about right.

I'm honestly fine with limited Deviants, especially with G versions. Would have liked Lagi, but I'm not gonna say he deserves it more than the fated four.

It would also be nice to see Nakarkos truly changed, if he's also the final boss of G.

For kicks, has your source said anything about the Great Thunderbugs in the trailer? Yama confirmed?

>Strengthened Deviant Soul of Hellblade will have Edge Lore. Grimclaw will get Ferocity. Mizutsune will get Fleet Feet.

>There will be some weapon nerfs/buffs.

Anyways, I'm asking for permission to post some early drafts of the article/PR pictures they'll be sending Gekkan. If it gets posted in 2ch I'll be posting them here too. It contains an image of the Deviant Mizutsune as well as some promotional images of the shadowed out silhouettes of Deviant Gammoth and Astalos as well as the G Nakarkos (it looks like it doesn't have his back shell)

Again, feel free to screencap to checkmark them all once reveals start (which I've confirmed to be December's Gekkan!)

sluts

I've posted it a couple of days ago but yes, Yama is coming back. He'll be important to the main storyline too.

>mainline in charge of not copying frontier

Dope.

I mean, the list is dwindling. Off the top, what are we missing in XX as of now?

>Fatalis
>Mono
>Quru
>Yama (until confirmed)
>Gaoren
>Lao
>Luna
>Jhens
>Gogma
>Snek

Throw a dart at the wall. I'm happy with any of these being added.

I'm probably forgetting a monster or two.
REMOVE

It's kinda obvious there's no new deviants when deviant diablos is made flagship. That narrows down the possibilities of new deviants to only those who already have been flagships.

Trenya should come back too, fuck Meowster Hunters.

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks user.

From the guy's previous post, only monoblos, hypnoc and yama are coming back on top of diablos, barioth and barroth.

just you fucking wait
one day gunlance will be great
and when that happens i'll be able to say i stuck with it the whole time
too bad you faggots wont

>MHXX GL gets 50% MV nerf
>MH5 GL gets 75% shelling nerf
>MH5G GL gets a combo nerf allowing only one poke before needing to be chained with shells
>MHXXX GL is removed

:^)

>Hellblade gets Edge Lore
>Grimclaw gets Ferocity

yikes. those skills are nowhere near equivalent in usefulness. rip grimclaw equipment, that was you only chance, and they blew it.

>one day

GL was always great, it's just that western hunters like to meme and whine more than training and actually getting good with the weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jqn4h7jk7jk

youtube.com/watch?v=ojfiZ5ulZHk

youtube.com/watch?v=m6STJffTj6c

youtube.com/watch?v=X3U8Eo5D0HA

youtube.com/watch?v=AIML_726pSM

youtube.com/watch?v=FJioZrpvJTM

Mm, that's a decent list as far as I'm concerned. Though if it's only Ala as the final boss, that's a bit sad, since that was an exciting reveal in X. Yama doesn't really fit that spot, unless they really overhaul him. It would be sick if that was the case. But as it is, IMO, he fits in like right before Amatsu on the endgame scale.

inb4 Miralis fans get their never ever boss back

It's not too bad. The meat eating is pretty worthless but having critical draw, focus, and HGE on one full set and not a clownsuit is nice for people that are willing to sacrifice a little strength for a consistent look. I'm just wondering if the final upgrades will change the way the armor looks like how 90% of all other G rank equipment has a different appearance. G tigrex and brute tigrex got a cape which I liked, I hope grimclaw gets one as well with the G rank upgrades.

I think too many compare GL to the Lance and expect a Lance instead of a unique moveset

The size of that Gunlance is like he's overcompensating for something

Epic win, user, upvoted you there.

yeah he's overcompensating for how shit GL is

>G Rank Fated 4
>G Rank Deviants
>New G Rank Yama

ooooh baby, time 4 fashion

If Yama gets a Chameleos/Lavasioth tier rework, it could be a worthwhile final boss. Its previous problem was that it was too static with too many dead zones: allow its tentacles to all be able to act autonomously when not doing a big attack and you could have a monster that is as prepared against a single hunter as it is against a full group.

youtube.com/watch?v=udMjgVonmgM

We can only cross our fingers, user. I would love it if he inspires the kind of fear he did with his first decapitations.

>Yama announced for MHO!
>8 MAN RAID VERSION
>NEW TOWER MAP
>It's a literal 20 minute gear check

youtube.com/watch?v=vsvysRGNPOw

Both Lance and GL aren't for everyone, they require far more effort than all the other weapons to get the same results, that's why so many people shit on them.

But it's all about sticking to what you have fun with and getting good at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PAHy-QYtaYM

That brings me.
>New area has ruins in them
>Yamatsukami likes to frequent at ruins
>You'll fight Yama at a bigass ruins in the new area
This would also allow Yama to stick his tentacles into other rooms

>they require far more effort than all the other weapons to get the same results
Unless you're playing Striker Lance, that is.

youtube.com/watch?v=GABhgVxdPDs

Reminder that the Great Thunderbugs were also seen on the new area, so that is also a possible indication of Yama returning.

Where would that even be?
There seem to be only two ruins-prominent areas and they're not the best shape to fight Yama in.

I refer to a possibility of a new area based on the Ruined Ridge, one shaped specifically for Yama to traverse between temple floors to the top.

Most likely, like how Amatsu's area is the top of Misty Peaks

youtube.com/watch?v=LNN6WqsStv0

what the hell /mhg/, no one told me that Trap Master SnS would be this fun. It's like I'm a one man hame army

>hello my fellow-
NOPE

If he jumped straight into it instead of making shitty jokes at the beginning I'd have liked it more.

hey guys I'm very new to monster Hunter. gen is my first game. I've put in about 70 hours but I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm trying to get through the rest of the hr7 quests. would any of you hard boys wanna play with me and rage?

Next year is going to be a wonderful for cephalopods.
>Yamatsukami returning
>Super Nakarkos for G-Rank

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Civilization

There, saved you 16 minutes.

Was Yama supposed to be easy in FU?

delet this

It wasn't supposed to, but it was anyway. Its attacks were extremely telegraphed and simplistic, it was a gigantic stationary target, it was very easy to stagger and almost none of its attacks were threatening. It had a lot of quirks, I personally loved the helicopter attack that gave you just enough time to sheathe slow weapons like HBG and crouch, but it was far too easy all around.

I'm not sure how to feel about this flagship

Some day the mainline will bother coming back to the EDW, and they will finally address the thirty horses bullshit. Preferably by retconning it with something that actually makes sense.

Hyped as fuck?

I just hope cuhrayzee just doesn't become the rule

Those are some ugly flare effects. Like, 3U Brachy slime ugly.

I'm overall very excited and hopeful about it though. The thing about it changing fighting styles analogous somewhat to hunter styles sounds like it'll be a stellar monster to hunt.

>muh mainline
Here's your EDW

If leakerfag is still around, I have a question
Is Chrome Dragon the final boss of XX?

Fuck, I barely managed to beat it before timing out.

You and I both know that it's only a matter of time.

Something being a health sponge has nothing to do with it being difficult, user.

What does Steel Uragaan do different to regular ol' chin?

>I just hope cuhrayzee just doesn't become the rule
Have you been living under a rock?
Just go play any 4th gen game.

where's the official namedrop list so I can avoid everyone on it

I hope its a good fight because that concept kinda annoys me

this will sound stupid, but I feel it's the wrong kind of creative
maybe it's just because of a lack of information, this thing doesn't fit anywhere at the moment, you know what I mean?

if we get confirmation that its an artificial monster or worked with the ancients like nefu I'd be fine with it but right now it just feels so wrong

Here

He'll be revealed as an Alchemical Dragon just like a you-know-who from another game

>wrong kind of creative
You're right, you do sound retarded.
>this thing doesn't fit anywhere at the moment
It's an elder dragon, they're like that and that's how MH always had them.
>if we get confirmation that its an artificial monster or worked with the ancients like nefu I'd be fine
Bait then? I hope this is irony.

Maybe except Kinsects, MH4U at least doesn't seem to be so overly whack for the setting from what other games set up already. Mounting is pretty fucking dumb though.

MHGen doesn't just go crazy, it goes ballistic.

Honestly, the way it has a reactor on its chest and weaponized exhausts on its wings reminds me of Dire Miralis. Why were people fine with it but are ticked off by Varu?
Not to mention Gog, who eats a substance not found in nature for sustenance.

As far as I've heard, no. Valfark and Yama take center stage in the story, while Nakarkos will still be the hub boss.

>any form of criticism is either bait or retardation
Hello genbab

What the fuck are you smoking? Mounting and insects are perfectly fine. CBs and jumping from weapons wasn't fine and DMC tier.

>MHGen doesn't just go crazy
What? Are you this stupid or are you just having a laugh?

>who eats a substance not found in nature for sustenance.
Does Fire Herbs and Nitroshroom not count as natural food.

Welcome to years ago.

>something that fits in the franchise but not to my tastes is "wrong creativity"
>dude artificial monsters ancient dragonwars these would be fine LOL
If that's not retardation then I don't know what it is.

it's just an opinion, doesn't mean it's bait
I guess I'm making generalizations when I just don't like that specific monster

that's a good point
same with big-ass snake

I guess it's how they're presented, or maybe it's just more believable to have a monster powered by a reactor than jetpack wings

I just hope they explain how the rocket works. And not "it's eleder dragon magic".

If I recall, Valfark's chest glows in the trailer so maybe its rare item would be a heart?
Disregarding Gog

>I guess I'm making generalizations when I just don't like that specific monster

Happens to me with Brachy and Zin, even though it mortifies me because mechanically they're good fights, so I can't even protest their digimon tier design with good conscience.

please don't get mad, I'm really trying to get a point across
context can make more ridiculous things believable and is very important when making judgements
they could explain the dragon like said

I don't really have issues with the design, just how the concept is unexplained
I guess I jumped the gun too soon

yeah
I hope jetpackdragon is fun and not rathalos 3.0

At work, Jet Li would be Gore if his moveset consist of variations of windpress>frenzy ball