Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vDwBp5ddN
youtube.com/watch?v=USPfmvQnpZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs
youtube.com/watch?v=vDwBp5ddNOI
strawpoll.me/11542461
thestereogram.com/2013/04/from-heaven-to-hell-shin-megami-tensei/
youtube.com/watch?v=d16rJhqiIMA
escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/interviews/8280-Interview-Behind-the-Scenes-of-Shin-Megami-Tensei
bookdepository.com/Avatar-Tuner-Vol-1-Yu-Godai/9781939326003
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hoy, wake up.

Jinana deserved better.

>did nothing wrong
>repressed the hunger by willpower alone
>even after being wounded enough to lose control, was still able to put up a fight against the embryon

On that note, they said they'd release the next novels, right? I might even bite the bullet and import them to EU.

DHARMA

Thanks for the reminder Walter.
I'd think you'd be on the other side of thing usually but this year things have been pretty chaotic for the Republicans.

Is the extra week in record breaker worth it or should I just emulate the ds version?

To be honest all the candidates are Lawfags, but you nonetheless exercise your right to vote. Pretty much the only semblance of power we citizens have outside of jury duty.

You have no clue what law is about, do you. Trump leans chaos and hillary is somewhere in neutral. Its hard to define real people as not in neutral due to how far from neutral law and chaos ends are.

It's an extra 60% of game or so, but an extra 100% of Shonen Antics. Take as you will.

Walter are you trying to convince me of something chaotic?
Are you telling me to fuck Lilith?

It depends how much one likes the game. Either way its worth playing.

Do it.

I can buy either law or neutral for either of them but neither candidate is an actual chaosfag.

>Lilith's IV's tits
I don't blame walter

Chaos is more than just living in the woods punching eachother in the dick. Gotou in SMTI was chaos, despite having a police state. chaos exists on multiple levels, like intergroup chaos as well as interpersonal. And many chaotic figures lean more towards the former. Trump definitely embodies the kind of redneck fuck you and subtle social darwinism mentality as well as intergroup strife of chaos. Albeit in a form that like everything in the real world lacks internal consistency.

It's the Sabbath, post your book/AV club reads/watches/plays.

Past the credits roll in WoFF; expected ENTIRELY the wrong Megaten vibes coming into it. Expected some DDS bullshit with Enna Kros being an ersatz Jenna Angel, but then we committed a Persona 2: Innocent Sin and now the Eternal Punishment is having to go through the postgame to 100% the Mirage Manual.

youtube.com/watch?v=vDwBp5ddN
youtube.com/watch?v=USPfmvQnpZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs

First one is youtube.com/watch?v=vDwBp5ddNOI

Chaos would be killing the president to become the president

Is there any reason to kill Tayama's smelly face demon in the reverse hills?

>first pack of savage enemies harder than YHVH
I want SJ director back. This numale megaten that is Apocalypse is laughable kindergarten walk in comparison fuck

If you want to summon him in battle or fill out the compendium

Psst. Hey kid. Wanna buy some salvation?

Is having null/drain phys a bad idea on all my demons against stephen/yhvh gonna trigger almighty spam?

Lewd Beam.

Kyuusai my cock, choke on it sandnigger.

Odin > Krishna > Inanna > Maitreya

Krishna and odin are both so good. I wouldn't want to rank them. Odin is jsut a chill dude all around, and his battle sprite is something I could just watch and be mesmerized by. And krishna I just feel sorry for. For no reason I can readily discern, on both endings he gets totally trivialized. And what should have been a real ending is turned into a token villain.

Inana is shit though. And maitreya is cool in some ways, but he could have done without being edge aligned. Or at least change edge aligned to be less stupid. I get what he's going for, but make it less of a strawman.

So you DO need the Eternal Tourus DLC AND after downloading, beat ALL the fiends twice for the third cycle fiends to drop their equipment.

Goddamnit.

Phys mitigation is probably the least of your worries. Between Supernova and all four legacy "of God" elemental AoEs (YHVH), Particle Annihilation (Stephen), and both their self max buffs & Smirk/foe max debuffs engines, they don't really *need* berserk Almighty scripts anymore.

This a repost from the previous /smtg/.
Don't worry, this is most likely the last time I post it as my assignment is due Tuesday.

I'm doing my last media theory assignment on SMT 1 and 2.
Been doing film theory for about 3 years now and I'm not sure about other universities but mine wants to be hip and offers the chance to write about video games.
Never did it because it'll probably be hard to write but since this is my final one I thought I'd do it.

So I've only gone SMT 1 twice and 2 once, and probably missed a lot of side missions or whatever else.
But I figured people here might have a pretty good idea on a lot of info or opinions on the games.
I'm mainly writing about Law and the Western figures of SMT 1 and 2 and the ideology behind why and how they're presented.
But I'm looking for any info and opinion people have here.

So what are your thoughts on why SMT 1 and 2 are the way they are?
Cultural influence, historical influence, social influence?
Anti-Western, Anti-Asian?
Anti-ideology?
Literally any info, opinion or comment helps me.
If my essay goes well I'll post it here for you to all judge me.

>I'm mainly writing about Law
>Literally any info, opinion or comment helps me.

Is your entire post a long drawn out attempt to draw out the bead man?

What do you think of the 1st Persona /smtg/?

its good, anyone who thinks its outdated and unplayable are casuals

i'm using the smt 1 fixed rom in the op with snes9x 2005 with retro arch but the map isnt opening when i press the shoulder buttons.

Reading this, while not going to church, and playing through DDS2 and KMT1.

Such is the life of a true megatennist.

If you want serious help, I'd advise making a thread on /r/megaten on reddit. People here insult it, but there's a lot more people there who will be willing to give in depth answers. And they have some resources from beadman that someone can give you there about the alignments.

My toaster can't run it well :(

The classic music is pretty cool, negotiating with different characters and their own techniques was quite interesting, I wasn't digging the battle system.

My post is designed to get any info, opinion or comment about SMT 1 and 2 out of people here.

SMT as a series may be the most interesting game series ever.
There is so much going on and it undoubtedly has a reflection of the humanity within the game in many diverse aspects.
Because there is a lot going on and there are a lots of diverse aspects, I feel that my personal view is a bit limiting.
Therefore I want to hear what anyone has on the games, and see if I can gain a different perspective.
Plus I don't think I'm an SMT expert, and already a couple people have brought up some really useful stuff to me from last thread.

Really?
Well I didn't really want to make a reddit account ever but if you think it's a good idea I'll take your word for it.

strawpoll.me/11542461
vote for you favorite mainline game here

It is outdated. Not unplayable, but the game shows its age. Still good.

>lesbian with tramp stamp on ass
>deserving anything

I feel like most of the ideologies that inspired the law vs chaos conflict in early SMT come from Gnosticism, Luciferianism (look into them, even if it's just summaries and sources from Wikipedia), and the book Paradise Lost; which unsurprisingly paints YHWH as someone who is always right no matter what and effortlessly smites anyone who stands in his way. But it introduced the idea that Lucifer is not just some villain who does evil for the sake of being evil, but he has ideologies of his own, and he doesn't buy everything God says, since he believes that humans should be allowed to choose their own path wherever that may lead them... although the book itself also hints that Lucifer tries to do this just to spite YHWH; so Lucifer's true intentions are left ambiguous and questionable.

And here are a few links I've checked in the past which I remember aren't half bad.
thestereogram.com/2013/04/from-heaven-to-hell-shin-megami-tensei/
youtube.com/watch?v=d16rJhqiIMA
escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/interviews/8280-Interview-Behind-the-Scenes-of-Shin-Megami-Tensei

user, please. /r/megaten is Persona Central with a spice of hipsters circlejerking over "mainline", and Analbeadman is a laughably biased shitposter who forces his world views into the games' events.
I'm not saying this place is any better when it comes to "intellectual talk", but that's not such a bad thing, since this is a videogame general, not a philosophy forum. And widely spread alignment-faggotry can get really cancerous.

Are we going to through Jimenez over the wall?

So now that Atlus has an engine they can use for PS3 and 4 games do you think we'll be getting more SMTs?

Hee-hova

1-5 Bonds
6-9 Massacre

I don't get it. What was his ultimate sin?

Yer friends are shit anyways, boyo.

Kill em all.

A popular theory says that he is Aleph. But there is no real proof to validate it.

Now that Hillary has the kiddy-diddler and cultist support, she can't lose

that ugly fedora and jacket combo he's wearing

>Skirmish difficulty
Why does paradise difficulty even exist? This shit is a joke

to fuse demons

This is a lot to think about user.
I've known of Paradise Lost but not much about its contents, so that's good stuff to know.
Lucifer as a Prometheus is interesting.
Gnosticism reads a little complicated, I'll have to sit down and give it a good proper wikipedia read.
I appreciate those articles too.
Thanks for your help user.

I'm so tired I replied to myself

>we will never get a console SMT with Nocturne tier dungeons along with IV's godtier fusion system

The ultimate sin is Diecide.

Which happened in the previous game, SMTII.

Can ya guess who he was?

To do grind DLC's on

Not with that attitude, boy

Stay safe and healthy, because ATLUS will eventually reuse P5's assets to make a new game.

"Gotta know-ho when to fold 'em! I admit defeat, ho!"

Yeah we'll even get some brand new block puzzles

Looks pretty fucking rad.
Who is the angel in the middle?
>Veeky Forumsael

Wish we would have seen shit like this in the games.

Just defeated stephen, kids
what to do now?

Do you think smt V will continue using the press turn system or just drop it completely?

>beating a cripple
Look at this chaosfag.

So, which one did you choose as your Megami and why?

Because I hope none of you fags choose bonds

>We'll never get a MegaTen game half as cool as the concept art
>We'll never get a MegaTen game where the concept artists do the character portraits, and unify the artstyle between the portraits, sprites and environmental art, instead of having Doi's character art contrast with the naturalistic sprite work and environmental assets.
>We'll never get Yamai and Miyata to stop trying to get the shonen audience.

Chose Toki twice.

Right now, i chose Isabeau.

>toaster can't pull up PPSSPP
what are you playing it on, a microwave?

hoy, he was standing up, aint no cripple doing that in my country

Chose isabeau

>standing

Wat

>No beautiful, Luxuror Gaston

Isabeau sure is cute.
Such a pretty name too.

too gay, not navarre enough

>sympathetic to the only one other who rejects cannibalism = gay

whats that floating on his(?) hand?
pic related, kid
not really standing, floating i guess

The fuck is with the party?

Placeholders from before the DLC was released.

I like the artstyle of Nocturne.

Did the guy with the modded(?) demons answer anything?

Not quite in line with what I was saying, but yes.
Nocturne was a thing of haunting beauty, and even better, it had a smart art style that still looks good and isn't immediately dated by its hardware and graphical limitations.

And the level limit isn't 99.

wat

are you retarded, kid?

>Stephen Hawking will never reveal his ALS to be an elaborate ruse and recruit you to help kill God.
Hope is a lie.

sad indeed. but heres hoping this whole KEK thing to start the demon war

for one you probably has a little luck
bookdepository.com/Avatar-Tuner-Vol-1-Yu-Godai/9781939326003

praise kek indeed

>nocturne tier dungeons
so corridors? fuck that nig, i want a SJ for consoles.

>there will never be an SJ remake with raidou 2's gameplay

I just got up to the reactor in final/apocalypse, are any of the dlc demons worth buying?

>doing the DDS card exchange via internet in apocalypse
>almost all the othere are in japanese

Did the game sell like shit here or it sold really good in japan?

I'm currently playing through Record Breaker and I'm enjoying it. It's not quite as bad as I thought it would be, and Al is as endearing as ever.

:^) Yes I just recently bought SMT4A and I'm used to 99 lvl cap.

I don't know why, but I think that the Black Market guy is respecting more now in SMTIV:A.

>Rejecting world of STR and letting your subordinate step out of line
Pretty gay bro.