/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 6th:
1861 – American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is elected president of the Confederate States of America.
1913 – Mohandas Gandhi is arrested while leading a march of Indian miners in South Africa.
1917 – World War I: Battle of Passchendaele ends: After three months of fierce fighting, Canadian forces take Passchendaele in Belgium.
1941 – World War II: During the Battle of Moscow, Joseph Stalin addresses the Soviet people for only the second time.
1943 – World War II: The Soviet Red Army recaptures Kiev. Before withdrawing, the Germans destroy most of the city's ancient buildings.

>News
EU4 DD 01/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-november-2016.979421/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
I'm adding this to the filters.

This is the paradox fanbase

This thread has been appropriated, carry on your business will not be affected

Based.

This is the paradox fanbase.

>tfw you get a conquest CB without being detected

:')

Anyone here that can recommend some good mods for Hearts of Iron IV?

>>meme
>Is this all we can type?
Yeah. Apparently, most anons on /gsg/ have a shit poor vocabulary.

>unrealistic
Why do people think games should be realistic? They should be immersive, interesting and fun... not "realistic".

Also, is he talking about CK2?

Remember to not report and pay attention to shitposting

you still have 4 days f.a.m.

>CK2 engine with Paradox coding encompassing all of Europe and Asia
Geheimsnacht would have god tier performance in comparison

White and based

I survived it

Now that I've blobbed a bit it's time to build my liquor empire

I'm just going to leave this here

delet

Why does my population keep decreasing?

This is the paradox fanbase..

Just build more liquor distilleries

Check out my grosstalibanium.

The cores the decision gives you really need some tweaking, these are god awful borders.Not to mention nearly all of these cores have no accepted pops at all.

research the chemistry line famalam

To be bluntly honest, for EU4 + all expansions until Mare Nostrum, I'd pay at most $40. More than that and they're being too greedy.

look at the imigration mapmode.

I need two names for provinces, and the post which ends with a 4 will be the name for the nation.

shut the fuck up

Any recommendations for a relaxed game of Victoria 2 with Napoleon's Legacy with comfy pop numbers where I can either have a nice laissez faire economy, with maybe a later game option of going full fascist?

I've thought of the United States of America (CSA edition), but I can't seem to jumpstart the game. Any tip? Going full reactionary and try for a kingdom?

Neu Bayern

Did Paradox remove request crusade from ck2 or something?
Wanted to play a crusader dynasty but couldn't

Do you have Sons of Abraham?

West india company is a lot of fun.

Pffllzzlz

I havn't played poopmod since it was the original napoops, did someone add a west india company in the caribbean?

Did R&I fucking seriously link the new thread via his fucking post

Jesus christ

I am actually mad

Not OP, but think he meant East India Company, as the caribbean is either independent or Spanish in Cuba.

pls take Silesia, Posen and Congress Poland, then make Danube Confederation

i'll suck your dick if you do that

>anyone beside India
>having interactions with China at all

>Geheimsnacht
UPDATE WHEN

>He's right tho
I know he's right about English usage on this regard. But I didn't ask for advice and the sentence was plainly understandable, so he was just whining. (let alone the fact that it doesn't matter if I'm ETL or a native speaker - natives often do mistakes too).

>I never understood why other languages prayed it like that. In English you ask the direct, true question, WHAT is it called, WHAT is her name. Using how instead is just indirect, it's asking for qualities related to the subject, rather than just what the subject IS
I don't know why I used "what" there, considering my native language and the country's language do the same as English in this regard.

However, plenty languages like Mandarin simply use a "generic" question mark*, so I can get why speakers of those might be troubled by that too.

*akin to "what you call they?" instead of "how do you call them?"

Yeah I have sol on

fuck soa on

Can I change my national value as Austria/KuK?

Waldwelt

After deciding to scrap the Tuscan (Florentine) ideas, it looks like the Italian ideas were almost tailored for blobbing. -25% core cost is huge - I'm considering to use paper mana to develop provinces.
(My 6/6/6 great consul being relatively young when crowned emperor helped a lot, too, I know.)

>it looks like the Italian ideas were almost tailored for blobbing
That's actually true about EUIV in general

ALPHAMod

Ur mom lol

Even more for Italy.

I guess they did so because forming Italy already requires some considerable blobbing.

>Forest, forest, forest everywhere!

If you want inventive names, try a different ethnicity. Germans in general don't create names, they adapt the local ones (see Vindobona > Wien, Birl-in > Berlin, Colonia > Köln, Po-more > Pommersch).

Anyway, rolling two for the nation: Kanada or Waldeiland.

Man, building factories and seeing green numbers is quite fun. I'm I autistic?

>Liquor
>+23.65
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am playing as Transcaucasia in HPM. Will I get annexed by Russia at some point?

Seeing numbers go up is, ultimately, half of most games.

That said, I applaud your apparent efficiency in stacking factories together for throughput, and I hope on top of beneficial RGOs.

I ended up naming the nation Neu Mittelmark.
I have also just finished my diplomatic annexation of Saxony, who had done quite a bit of blobbing in its time, so I got a lot of clay from it.

>falling for the steel meme

user, the fuck is this? You know what, that´s so insane I´m going to try it anyway. Thanks for the recommendation.

>Neu Mittelmark = new middle march
Mark is feminine, though. Neue Mittelmark would be better.
(And considering you're up north, in a low land, "mittel" sounds weird... consider renaming it to Neue Niedermark.)

what the fuck is up with all these eu4 blogposts

>Angry he can't play EU4
fuck off babby

PIDF at full force

fuck off liqouria fag

t. robbit

Absolutely based.

Playing as Ming in EUIV at the moment. I'm playing casually and relaxed, mainly colonizing. When I've gotten four colonial nations I want to implode on myself and pick up one of the revolter countries.

How should I go about doing it? Fucking up as much as I can and letting the revolters do their thing or release them manually?

Istud vinum, bonum vinum,
vinum generosum,
reddit virum curialem,
probum, animosum.

Who else used to post on /gsg/ back when it was just a general on /v/? Who /oldfag/ here?

what the hell is this magyar house thing

it's so weird but the aesthetic is powerful

I'm intrigued

Find a shitty ruler and write some story about him getting addicted to pedo piss eggs and getting botulism or something from them, dying without an heir.

>Perfidious Albion wont annex the one Indian puppet I need so I can retake it as a core

and you think you can take them on?

that actually is a good military score for that region

>that wine, good wine,
>generous wine,
>imitates the man of the court,
>noble, full of life

Well, time to try to get back.

First changes are in Alaska, which had a few modern names but most importantly, russians. Having a country be old-world primary culture causes a few problems, and it's not really logical considering how the rest of the tags work, so now Alaska has a generic "alaskan" that stars as accepted in Russia but it's lost if they sell it.

The culture uses a mix of yankee and russian names, so you can see yankee first names with russian surnames and vice versa or purely yankee or russian names. Alaska is also orthodox instead of protestant, making it the only orthodox tag in the new world.

Pops in the capital province, old Sitka, will start protestant to allow Canada/UK/USA to spread Protestantism there (since immigrants will assimilate in alaskan) but all other pops in the other provinces are orthodox.

Before there were non native pops only in Sitka, now every owned province has a few alaskan pops. All these provinces had settlements or forts, but since there's no census data (and the provinces cover a really large area), the lowest amount possible is used in all the provinces.

Only thing I need to decide on how to do is the name change after the sale but it will probably default to neutral/native names.

Next up are the canadian names and the Misc submod.

ALPHA here, I stopped developing it a week after HoI4 came out, i don't even know if it works anymore

so do you guys not post where to get the games now? what happened?
dont like newguys?

>TFW you need to go to Nowhereland because of your enemy's allies
Couldn't they be allied to someone like the Mamluks or Circassia? Nooo, they need to be allied to motherfucking Ethiopia!

Archive was reported for hosting copyrighted content and was therefore nuked.

>dont like newguys?
No, just people who don't read the OP.

Some moral degenerates actually pirated Johan's property.

Johan spammed his naked pics until we removed the archive, we had no other choice

>yankee first names with russian surnames
When do we ever see names period? Am I missing something

Is there anyway to stop people migrating to other country?

So, how unbalanced are the minor diseases now with Meme's Due? I've seen in some videos that getting cancer is easier than getting a cold.

need some way to block people coming from the subreddits

which one of you was this?

I think I can. The whole border is mountain provinces. By around 1890 I should be on level with military tech. The plan is to sit in the mountains and let the British destroy themselves. I need around 70 divions of 10 to man the border perfectly, which should be possible with mobilisation.

Another thing was a rework of native pops, at least in the provinces I touched. Now instead of having inuit animist clergy contributing to the country's research and literacy, natives are only farmers/labourer and aristocrats.

I'm currently considering severely limiting native-Americans and aborigines promotion possibilities. These pops are usually too small and create really small pops when promoting, which slows down the game for nothing and come with their own problems. For example, immediately after being colonized, the inuits in a province in canada start contributing to the province's literacy and the country's research. As soon as the US invents automobiles the native american minors in Alaska can start build cars. Maybe limiting natives to only contributing to a country in the form of farmers and aristocrats would be better.

The problem comes in countries where natives aren't small, like Mexico and Peru/Bolivia and to a point Paraguay.

Generals.

>Then move the start date to Justinian.

I like this because how would Paradox handle the Rise of Islam without either depicting Mohammed or offending Muslims?

new to eu4 - when should I start building artillery? (playing as ottomans). i heard early game artilley sucks

it's 1493 right now

They wouldn't, Islam would already be in the game, just like in the East West Christian schism.

>three massive wars over these pseudo-canadian fucks
what is this meme shit

>Generals
Right, I'm retarded

Speaking of names, could your remove "Hanim" from the Turkish names? A general named "Lady x" is pretty retarded.

The one time the RNW generator turns out a cool continent, and its ruined by that stupid wall.

well . you can always try to cut the problem by the root . try lowering militance , or passing reforms . if there are too much unemployed try building factories , or relieving taxes on the poor(bigger strata).

>playing eu4
>playing rnw
>blogging your blobbing

Option to send african-americans to Liberia as the US when?

d-did you change anything for the arab union

THIS
H
I
SHIT
I
H
THIS

He won't do it though because he considers it impossible. You can "assimilate" them all to American, but it's not the same. The game could use a "new afrika" tag to keep their culture alive in the south no matter what.

uhhhh isnt that sort of racist

greater syria's still in the game right