World of Warships /wows/

Iowa Edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>5.13 (LIVE)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0513/

>Imperial Japanese Navy destroyer tech tree rework:
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/new-jpn-dd/

>Statistic tracker:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/tfYw51Rr
youtube.com/watch?v=GUYuPdleZrU
wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no pastebin
>no previous thread
>shitty battlecruiser in OP

kys my man

pastebin.com/tfYw51Rr

Pagoda of love

>implying i'm gonna put some random ass pastebin in the OP

For what purpose?

It wasn't even labeled in previous OP.

No bullying allowed!
If you have any questions about the game, please post them and anons will try to answer them honestly!
Even about CVs. Don't be discouraged.

Why no one plays EU?

Nagato a cute!

you're REALLY makin me think here

Why is T5 so painful?

Nice photoshop skills you've got there

People play EU, maybe not many /wowsg/ though. There definitely are quite a few EU anons though! Its become a thing to move to NA just to have the /wowsg/ community that grows every week it seems!

Tier 5 is painful because a recent patch changed MM rules for t3 and t4 ships. They are protected by MM rules and don't get +2 MM. So for example t4 will only see t5. T5 does not get this and will often be bottom tier because they are used to fill out t6 and t7 games.

Does anyone else have huge streaks (I'm talking 100+ games) where you are at the top of your team scoreboard every time, but you just lose game after game?

My winrate has tanked 1% in two weeks now but my stats keep improving otherwise.

I just don't get it.

It really can't be "random chance" that I keep ending up with guys with 41% WRs on my team can it?

This is suffering. Even platooning doesn't seem to help.

>recent patch
Nikolai was the only tier 4 ship that got +2 MM back in the day it was intoduced. That means that tier 4 had +-1 MM for at least a year.

You are the only constant.

You aren't actually carrying your teams if you're topping the scoreboard but losing the game. If you lose and get on top and don't have at least double the next best player on your team that just means you're the best shitter.

>Nikolai was the only tier 4 ship that got +2 MM
Actually that is false!
T4 BBs had +1MM and so did carriers!
T3 CLs and DDs had +2 MM. A St Louis fighting t5s or a Clemson fighting Cleavelands was not an uncommon thing.
Nikolai got the +2MM at the start because it was such an overpowered ship.

The recent patch made sure that 4 will never t6 unless they are fail divisioned. Its kinda of like now how a t5 carrier will never see t7 unless its divisioned with ships and faces another divisioned t5 CV and MM decides to throw both of them into a t7 game.

I mean, if I'm doing 115k damage in the scharnhorst but losing, how is that not good enough to carry?

Of course it's not a carry per say because we lost, but what else could I have done?

I used my health to it's absolute max potential. I dumped torps, I got 5+ citadels, I shot down a shitload of planes, I tanked 3 million plus potential damage.

I have 4 or 5 people every game that nearly

poor teammates usually leave more space to score better

i dont think your ratio is right, but i agree with it

you dont. the real constant is that we are part of a shitty playerbase, so a average playthought passes as for something fantastic when its just yet another mediocre game.

Stop playing solo.

Losses are the easiest games to do big damage. Especially in a battleship. It's basically that you're getting a shit ton of targets to shoot at so you can do 10k damage with every shot. However, you're probably not scoring enough kills/damage early in the game to help keep your team afloat.

What if Britain and France get to made a treaty for Germany and Japan in WWII?

Will a t5 cv and t5 ca face t7 ships?

New Ads are pure cancer

what if your mom capitulated into my dick?

yes

not as viral as they should be, not as many as there could be, may not give sufficient income to pay for the servers. honestly take it to /qa/

If they are divisioned then ordinarily no. You will only see t7 with a t5 CV in your divison if you face another divisioned t5 CV. This is because of forced CV MM and +1 MM. You can exploit this to your benefit.

i got a lot of that on bayern

on myoko it happens when one front collapses and im slowly hunted down by the enemy team

>tfw 15 point Bogue and lock down filthy slanteyes

who bully here

Then we will get to have WWIII

>not running ublock/umatrix combo to prevent slanty eyed jew from destroying this site

Does /wowsg/ like Kaga?

ya boi
t.african american

t.carried raptor

>that [open container] button

NO THANKS I JUST WANT TO LOOK AT A CLOSED BOX

whats that gotta do with anything

So my game is stuck in a language I can't read. What's this white and blue flag and how can I get it? All I can read is something about Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Only tier IV BB's and CV's got the +1-1 matchmaker

DD's and Cruisers got +2-2 until recently

I open them instantly

Everybody does. That button is redundant.

A t5 cv with a t6 ship playing against another t5 cv + t6 div will be in a t7 battle? It doesn't make sense because I've seen solo queue t5 and t6 cvs in 2+ tiers.

o rly

ya rly

I caught a qt hotel.

What should I do with her?

desu I used to but now I just associate her with a shitty avatarfag.

detonate her magazine

*unzips carrier air groups*

I don't. I wouldn't want to start 24 h of Premium time at the end of my session.

Force her to give room service

>giving a shit about 24 hours of premium time

lol.

literally 19 cents wasted, on no.

Now that she's already immobile, bomb only one side to make sinking her much easier.

This entire weekend. WHY did they have to do cv meme weekend. just a fucking endless parade of retard tier carriers

*send carrier and air groups to the wrong end of the Philippine sea*

What do you mean, it's gr8

>send catapult fighter
>activate dakka
>harvest plon

>cv meme weekend
I would like to know more

Why do I do well in the Minezake but horrid in the Kamikaze R?

NA event.

How do you play them? Minekaze is a slightly better torpbote but Kamikaze is a slightly better gunbote.

>Arpeggio of Blue Steel ending december
>ARP Takao up for grabs for merely 110k exp
>some autists already got her
>rerun of all missions in december
>soon you can have a whole fleet of kongous and myokos!
>no i-401, lexington, tomato or any other interesting ARP ship
>PTS has nothing on team battles or clans still
>ranked ends in 7 days, if anyone still cares
>you can get your own martial arts commander! he might get better skills that everyone else does
>Perth reviews are out, its a bad australian ship.
>belfast still on sale, solid bong ship all around, assuming your enemy cant hit shit on smoke
>missouri soon(tm)
>halloween mode ends day 9, get ye camos before that
>i might add shitposting since people like this pasta
>no new collab announced
>we might get H A I F U R I
>theres a flag already made
>we should get nothing tho. maybe not even Warship girls
>or kancolle
what are you gonna do when your port if filled with kongous in several different states of mind and lust?

youtube.com/watch?v=GUYuPdleZrU

ok user, we get it, you want the general to give you some kind of name and recognize you like, stats-kun(Jake) or tsunanon or rapespammer

*submerges behind u*
*opens torpedo tubes*
psh, nothing personnel battlecruiser

>tsunanon
Who?

>not mentioning Hotelposter
How do you forget about the best part in the admiral?

t. notHotelposter

wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

No you haven't. I abused the fuck out of this mechanic at t5 with my CV and at almost 200 games in a t5 CV these are the ground rules. They are even on the official wiki. You've definitely see solo queue t6 CVs shoved into t8 games but you have never seen a solo t5 CV shoved into a t7 game except for CBT and maybe early OBT.

>hoetel
>good
pick one

so when will kurfwurst get a lewd girl form. seriously she shits on hotel so hard what's the point

>paperships
>getting botegrills

Not enough fire, for my taste, but meh, close enough.

Take her home, care for her and love tenderly.

This reminds me.
Can someone do a Des Moines boatgirl?

someone made one for the hakuryu

On Danbooru it is under tag WoWS, so there is some hope

RIP Senjo

Why is he(?) pulling her hair?

>you can use Kongous voice even on normal ships
Nice, my erection is content

>Kongo can be displeased with your performance with any ship you fail in

Its pretty great.

i was just checking if people still read my pasta

thx o7

Are the Arpeggio voices Jap or Eng?

Nip

Japanese, of course.
WHat are you, a dubfag?

>there's a girl in EU WOWSG
Doushio

>If you don't spend your money the same way I do you're an idiot

>Minekaze is a slightly better torpbote but Kamikaze is a slightly better gunbote.
Patent nonsense.

>girl
>internet
>Veeky Forums

Buy her doubloons, of course.

who? cares

>Kamikaze
Does this include Kamikaze R too?

So, Im done Fubuki and yes I plan on selling her. I did well in her yes but she had some flaws that prevented me from fully enjoying the experience.

Question is. should I wait until line split so I can sell Fubu and T8 Crapgero and once?

and fujin too

If you have the money to get T9 Kagero, there's no reason why you shouldn't keep her.

Sims
Mahan
Blyskaweeener
Leningrad
Benson (and Lol Wang)
Fletcher
Udaloi
Khabab
Gears

Those are reasons. Fubu deletes babby well, but shes SLOW, has stiff steering, and no amount of alpha strike can make up for the bad rate of fire.
This basically removes my favorite part of DD play...the knife fight. Hatsu could fare a lot better with her better maneuverability.
I want the money for grinding to the new Akizuki

If you keep fubuki you'll get kagero
if you get kagero you'll get Yuugumo

I love the CV weekend. I can go and save my dragon flags, halloween camos etc and looking forward to the free seagal and arp commanders.

t. USSDONALDJTRUMP

I play them both as torpbotes

>Kamikaze has better torp arcs
This just raises further questions

I farmed more than 200 halloween camos and I dont even play the game anymore

j...just in case

>no one online
>no one wants to T5 div

just

I want to have a saipan buy I also don't want to buy it. Is it a fun ship?

Those of you that have it, is it fun?

>next WG weeaboo event is with Haifuri

What should we expect?

Free T8 Kagero

If you are comfortable with USN CVs and have a 15pt captain, yes she's a very good, capable ship. Unlike other USN CVs she can actually field a useful number of both fighters and bombers at the same time, making her strike package a very effective one.

I bought her on a whim after getting comfy with strike Lexi and she exceeded my expectations.

I'm not talking about the performance, I'm saying that you'll probably be getting Fubuki's replacement in the next patch and keeping Fubuki too, so you'd get more money selling it afterwards.

Yes, but not for that price

its like a jap cv, I only got it to retrain captains and make credits but with new cv economy kinda sucks at that now.

Buy during thanksgiving or Christmas sale then?

Why people hate on Baltilol?