/msg/ Monosodium glutamate maplestory general

Patch Notes:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/17286/v-177-strange-stories-update-preview
-
READ THE PASTEBIN

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e
-
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.
-

>Ellinia
(It's back)
>Aries
8x/4x/6x v176+ (Updates alongside GMS).
Miss me with that gay shit.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Spooky or whisper Secret

>Royals
4x/4x/2x v62 Pre-bb nostalgia server.
Leave your IGN or whisper illumin8 for an invite to Touhou.
mapleroyals.com

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Pay2Win/LOVE on Reboot.
Waifus/Casuals on Windia
Whisper ObtainBooty/Tonu on KHROA
Whisper Chow/Gaby on Bera

maplestory.nexon.net

Previous thread: gone

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/cKBqe
youtube.com/watch?v=17-YfWvOqHI
youtube.com/watch?v=6-8pB0GICYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GOD DAMMIT KEKCRO I WAS BAKING

old

h

e

what crowns are you using /msg/?

Superior Lidium Heart selling for 1bil more than a fucking Fairy Heart coupon that comes with a decent looking roid + Titanium tier heart.

Maplers are fucking retarded

shut the fuck up dont call me retarded

gay

KILL ALL FROGPOSTERS

Aight which one of you flatfoots left this HATE SPEECH in my shoppe of peace

hey Mapletard

adsadasd

>You received Crown Fragment.

>tfw spell trace fever was taking too long so I just YOLO 15% traced my rifle and it only took 380 clean slate scrolls to perfect with level 100 dill pickles
Feels good, friends.
Will still probably get dumpstered if I try to solo empress, though, need 5th job boosts for that shit

what class?

>my boi greencream finally finished his game
not even maplestory anymore but fuckin whatever, I'm proud of him

Marksman
It's not a damage issue, I know I CAN kill her, it's just I get a YUGE freeze upon entering, and then she just chains 2-3 deaths out of me before I can even do anything.

What's the point of private servers exactly?

MUH CLIQUE

Wat

for the shitters who miss the old maple but can't play it without x200 exp

Different meta[s], damage/boss testing, an alternative to GMS before Reboot was released.

Nowadays, the only pservers that make sense are ones that run older versions.

They would prefer 1/1/1 rates, but nobody has the balls to maintain a server like that. NightSoul is a good example, but Yoh kept deleting inactive characters (characters that have not logged in for over a month get deleted, regardless of level/donation status/tenure) and never raised the server cap past ~20 players..

I see. So is there anyone who plays regular Maple here, or is it mostly private servers?

The majority of people here play GMS, but you will find the occasional pserver player. /msg/ used to be mostly pserver-based, but now it's taken a shift back towards Nexon.

Most everyone here plays GMS, pserver homosexuals just went and died or something

Oh yeah I'm happy for him. I've been following development since I was a kid.

I've still gotta pick it up.

Alright. Thanks for answering.

On an unrrelated note, my Kaiser key combos for abilites have been fucked with. Like when I try to do the quick combo with gigas wave, it just doesn't work. Any one have this before?

get some resistance link skills maybe?

quick bursts of fun that you can come back to if the server doesn't wipe, and if it does wipe you do it all over again because its fun.

currently theres no good pserver for people like me that want to play the modern classes and not the stuff that royals has. so most of it is gms

there are people spread across, some in reboob some in KHROA sux, some in scania and some in
B E R A
E
R
A
You should join the last one I mentioned

They changed how it works, combo system is shit now

Any chance I can join the
B E R A
E
R
A
Guild?
Any way to fix it? Like, the arrow keys on the combo sheet are now orange exclamation marks. Really is throwing me off.

No, Kaiser is terribad now.

But he's my highest/wealthiest character...

A shame.

Maybe finding some recent KMS videos of Kaiser will help you learn how to deal with that shit.

Sorry that you've been dealt a shit hand, bud.
Luminouses and Evans got hit hard, too.

desu there isn't a specific "/msg/" B E R A guild but you can join my guild :p

>Luminouses
Bullshit. Only your mobbing's been nerfed. You got bossing abilities where before there was none.

Aight, Hmu IGN DankShark

>(you)r mobbing
>implying I play edgemage the faggotwizard
Literally only one step above Nothin Personell-inesis

alright I'll invite you a bit later tonight as I'm currently doing some errand thingamajigs

So am I atm, so im just gonna AFK

Lumi's mobbing only got hit in reboot, funded Lumi's can still one shot every mob in the game in dark mode reflect, and their bossing is "substantially" better as in they're not complete trash now, they're just bad
The worst part of the lumi change is the teleport nerf, really sucks going from best teleport in the game to the absolute worst.

custom content, free nx so you can dress up characters, faster progression, cubes and nx drop from mobs
the more populated private servers also generally have a stronger anticheat than GMS, so hackers and botters affect the economy less

Fail 6 primes in a row. 54% my ass.

>priming
Why?___________

>one guild leader mysteriously disappears
>remake guild
>guild leader of remake guild suddenly disappears
#justroyalsthings

My heart is +5 and i already have 6 primes left. Might as well finish what i started.

I was thinking about innocencing my 15% weapon and priming it when primes become cheaper during Marvel. But i can't be fucked now. Primes are 1bil each and have a shit success rate.

Are the NX things in Aries not permanent?

just let it go

nayuta pls

pssst hey kid wanna be my gf

whats ur range

2m-2m clean

???

hey guys

do you still use quills on the books or can you just get the book because i dont see the quills being sold anywhere

i think no need for em anymore

oh thanks, i didnt get what i wanted anyways

wow... so this is the power... of amethyst crowns

how did you dodge the 999999 blaze wizard botters

they're in like a third of the channels so finding an empty one isn't too hard

huh they were in every channel on my server oh well

well it varies on mine, some times its like 3/4 some times half, but you can always find an empty ch

just report them they'll go away :^)

night bread

what range should a 197 blade master have

i had around 500k at that level completely unfunded but i dunno really

now a dozen leves later around 700k waiting for a spell trace to hopefully get up to 900k or something

>innocencing a 15% wep to prime it
Unless you've finished literally every other item to perfection, I would completely advise against this

I feel like I was the only one to get that

500k as in damage lines or as in the number in character stats

the latter

i hope you havent equipped that pendant yet, i need to scroll it for you

i haven't lol i've learned my lesson, i've been buying up the scrolls though so far up to 4 i think, too bad they're untradeable

post keybinds

how are your wrists

Just fine, actually; aran is worse desu

KURADOBERI JAM AMAI NO KA AZAKU DE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ATAA ATTAAAA HO SHOOOOOOO

>early to mid-game is fun
>end-game is an endless slog of renewing trade routes/cities/spies

my bad lads this isn't even remotely close to the general i wanted to make my terrible post in

>renewing spies

wut

just pass the pendant along to me next time, i have enough scrolls for it

if thats the case then what items do i need to get and what i should upgrade and how because this is pitiful

so s-sweet :*, btw i was going to inno my primary as it was 70%'d imma 15% it like a big girl!

don't worry we all start somewhere!, i know someone else probably knows a lot more than me but imo:

get your main weapon, secondary weapon (if its not anviled get a fafnir one?) and your emblem to unique at least and try to get decent potentials on it, its a slow process i didn't get there in one day, also maybe a better belt? if people can help with magnus you could get one or get a superior gollu belt meanwhile, also try to get at least 3% luk on all your items that should be the easiest and once you do try going for 6% (one at a time) this shouldn't be too hard

i know it may be a lot to take in, but working little by little you can increase your range by little leaps, maybe someone else can give concrete summarized advice

m.imgur.com/a/cKBqe

oh also looking at your starfoce you only have 32, starforce everything you can up to 10 it will surely grant more stats and getting %luk only takes it higher

so what sort of scrolls should i use on my equipment before they get to star force

In no particular order:
replace your nova stuff with tyrants, get a superior gollux pendant+earrings
scroll and starforce your shit; doesn't look like most of your stuff has any scrolling on it. If you're on a budget, wait for a trace fever and 70% everything, you can always either inno or buy new clean stuff to 30/15% trace as you get the resources, wearing the 70%ed stuff in the meantime
Replace your dark angelic blessing and if applicable, that bottom ring with pottable+scrollable rings like reinforced gollux or blackgate
replace your badge with a ghost ship exorcist badge, cog 10-star and pot it
get your shit that isnt epic to epic (epic pot scrolls are cheap in the fm), 3-line (a big pain; stamps are mostly from events and monster collection boxes if you're lucky), and cube everything to 6+%stat/att% for now. If something tiers up, spend any reward point cubes/meisters you get on it for a chance at legendary or 15%+ stat/att%/multiple lines of bd/ied
If you're missing any links or good char cards, also get that sorted

depending on how much money and traces you got you could 70%stat all your equipment during spell trace fever and then when you get more money or diligence or better items reset and go for the lowest ones as the former is just a temporary setup to achieving the latter

Just got this from solo commerci grosso polpo.
The droprate is so low, but it's worthless to me on reboot :(

grats dude better luck next time ;_;

Sucks m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=17-YfWvOqHI

>mfw used to find these super hilarious
youtube.com/watch?v=6-8pB0GICYc

they're still kinda funny but eh, all part of growing up

I'd suggest go getting the Ghost ship Exorcist Emblem from Boat Quay town out in Singapore, it's the only badge that can contain potential and would give you another outlet for %luk.
Also, getting some epic potential 50%s they're handed out like candy, through both fritto portals, found by hunting, and in nearly every event. Off the top of my head, rock paper zakum is giving them out right now and moon bunny soon will have them in the coin shop.
Also what said, 70% then starforce your things, then go back for 30%s and 15%s later.

who czak