/vang/ - Vanilla General

After Blizzard not making any comment on vanilla servers for World of Warcraft, most big names in the private vanilla scene started making announcements.

There is a lot of uncertainty about the future of vanilla servers. To avoid multiple threads fighting each other for which server they will play on, /vang/ was created to contain all discussion about this subject.

Nost Twitter: twitter.com/NostalBegins/
Elysium Twitter: twitter.com/elysium_dev

tags: /krog/ /nosg/ /wpsg/ world of warcraft vanilla legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Mogulkhan
trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Server Setup
discord.gg/CDw6s
discord.gg/uTSUt
discord.gg/uU3x3
youtube.com/channel/UC-PZR3NIYct_d4fII734dZA
youtube.com/watch?v=u9NBbx8L0VU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for alliance on nost fresh

WHEN WILL THE NEW SERVERS BE UP?

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO UNTIL THEN? FUCK AROUND ON K2?

2+ months. SS this.

first for /wpsg/ > all

Kronos 2 wwu
WE'RE NOT FUCKING DEAD OKAY
WE'RE FUCKING FINE PLEASE STOP SAYING WE'RE GOING TO DIE
KRONOS IS GOING TO BE FINE. STOP LEAVING, NO STOP.

Horde on fresh nost
WWU

where is mogul?
Nost shutdown was announced on his birthday so did he an hero?

SALTY DOGS IS LITERALLY BACK, NO YARRICK ALLOWED HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy playing alone because the Veeky Forums guild will be Horde

WARRIOR OR ROGUE WHAT WILL GET ME INVITED INTO GROUPS,
HOW DO I JOIN WSPG DISCORD
I JUST WANT TO BE ONE THE CLIQUE BEFORE THE CLIQUE GETS FORMED PLEASE I FUCKING NEED THIS

Boku no Banter LITERALLY BACK!!!

>K2
cya nerds

So let me get this straight

Fresh server is for the reddit/newfag crowd
Nost1 PvP is for the oldbois and hardcore crowd
Nost1 PvE is for no one

>he actually played on Kronos
LOL!!

And in the end, nihilum never raided.

confirmed back.
Meerfatz on board!

literally dead, now fuck off

they've said it will be 3 weeks minimum, and one week until their next official announcement

Then after that week's time they will say there are issues with the character data, stating they will release a fresh start server while they sort it out. It'll be fine for a week or two, but by then people will be too invested in their new characters. Luckily, they'll have sorted the character data out by then. It turns out there's bad news though! The data was somehow corrupted! *donation link goes here*

>Nostcucks got FUCKING SCRIPTCRAFTED BY THE SAME DAMN RUSSIANS

Just like was the only Veeky Forums guild but then NFA happened, BnB and BnA and so forth while SD died.

Gonna make a Horde warrior.

What big dick Horde race makes all the Alliance sluts drop their panties?

realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Mogulkhan

Dagger warrior?
Thank god I played horde.

Who's coming back from Boku-core?

Tauren

ARE BACK
It's going to be east blue 2.0 on new server.

he was a good meme

They probably will release the fresh server before the merged one.
lol @ people thinking anyone will play on the dead old server

Salty Dogs, literally back, fresh PvP server, Horde. We will be bringing a quality guild experience NO MATTER WHAT may come. We waiting u.

>Fresh start
90% of the pop.
>Nost 1 pvp
Will end up like k1. Ghost town
>Nost 1 pve
Alexsexual and his fan club.

always the same people
hopefully in a decade we're all still not doing this shit

t. someone who's never played warrior before

LOL shut up noob.

Literally ORC

I can't wait anymore

>joining salty dogs

Fresh server is for people who play the game, and private server patricians
Nost1 PvP is for autists that are delusional enough to think anybody other than people brand new to private servers will care about their old characters
Nost1 PvE is for Alex to play by himself

>he unironically believes private servers don't use copyrighted data

trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Server Setup

kek, that was a based recruitment post back in the day

Everyone, literally.

I wasn't even in SD, but the memes were A+

who cares

>always see discord invite 20 minutes too late
>never going to be part of /wpsg/

Any word on the server cap? I'm hoping it's Nost-like

Can confirm this.

t. spanknheal

Elysium server couldn't even handle 1k LOL

I assume you want to dps? Fury is unbelievably gear dependent and really isn't very good till bwl

Here's the temporary /vang/ Discord

discord.gg/CDw6s

>Fresh start
>90% of the pop
Where is this bullshit coming from? Veeky Forums out of all the boards and forums is the only place people talk about reroll.

Either way, the community is going to split and none of the servers will have close to nost pop.

>tfw have a 60 paladin and 60 shaman on nost
>also made a shaman/paladin on elysium when it launched, both 40ish
>read that you can transfer your elysium character over to the new server
I really should start making different classes on different servers. Goddamnit. They even have the same stupid names. Why am I such a retard?

Here's to hoping China gets IP banned on Nost 2.0

Why do the Chinese literally ruin everything they are allowed to touch? Almost as bad as Brazilians.

I don't want to dps

>copyrighted data

Like the formula the No Man's Sky developer stole from some mathematician that he could do fuck all about because no court in any country that matters recognizes any of this hooey? I'd love to see it argued in court to see the judge's reaction (even if they are technologically aware.)

Here's a good example, Disney owns Star Wars now so they could sue SWGemu if they ever wanted to make a new non-kotor mmo, right? Actually a simple change in the data, required for a rewrite of that scope (or even in Nost's case a light change to a stockmango core) make that impossible. Technologically, plagiarism is accepted and encouraged. Head back to the WoW forums and share what you've learned, sonny.

discord.gg/uTSUt

here u go

it's good even in mc with bre

they had a big upgrade.
Doesn't mean they can hold 15k normies all at once at launch, but you and I both know they can hold k2 levels of pop at least. Past that we'll find out.

Doesn't Elysium already block Chinese from joining? Or was that Kronos?

>Was shilling Elysium since forever
>Everyone laughed at me
>tfw this news

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

discord.gg/uU3x3

Your daily reminder Nost devs took kickbacks to allow these chinks, Kronos devs tried to get rid of them then the server got destroyed (was never the same, horrible pings even now,) and that the chinks will literally never be stopped on Elysium because they're all over any Valkyrie server and you got scriptcrafted.

can I gank shitters effectively as a druid?

You can't be serious.
I don't care a lot either way, would be happy to go back to my nost character. But fresh starts ALWAYS attract the most attention, regardless of what people will bitch about (like geared people who were raidlogging on nost).
Fresh start and the nost name gets the normies, and normies are what makes the fuckhuge population, not jaded private server veterans who hate everything (maybe with good reason).
When one server (ie the fresh start server) has so many more players, more switch over and it's a cascade effect.
There have been many examples, but you can look at k2 vs k1 for a recent one.
Not everyone relishes the idea of leveling again, but most everyone wants population above all else, especially after nost.

>shilling for a server with absolutely nothing going for it before this announcement
>shilling for a server whose biggest accomplishment was ensuring Scriptcraft stayed dead
que?

>I was shilling renamed Valkyrie since forever
>EVERYBODY IS GOING TO REALIZE THEY GOT SCRIPTCRAFT'D AFTER A WEEK AND YOU'LL BE ALONE
>ON A FUCKING VALKYRIE SERVER

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

heil fellow shillbro

yes. I hate to shill finalflash's youtube channel, but literally watch any of his vids from nost.

You'll be a offbrand rogue

>implying we fucking care

>But fresh starts ALWAYS attract the most attention
Yes it does and it always dies down incredibly quick. But that's not how it's goign to work this time because this time Nost is giving out their database that had 1+ year of players and work in it.

link?

SALTY DOGS IS LITERALLY BACK

What happens if Blizzard sends a cease and desist to the ISP instead of the hoster?

Pretty sure they'll comply.

So, where are we rolling right now?

most important question.

will WF be finally fixed along with the animation which didnt exist on nost

>you will never EVER be a pathetic poorfag nostcuckk
feels great

/wpsg/ discord is lit as fuck

>general dies when everyone joins the /wpsg/ discord

>Yes it does and it always dies down incredibly quick

Yeah, I think we all remember when Kronos PvE overtook Kronos PvP in popula- oh right that never happened. But, we can at least look to the example of Kronos 1 rising like a phoenix from the ashes to retake the crown ov- nope, not a thing. LOOK, IT'LL HAPPEN OKAY, I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONG IN ORGRIMMAR

PLEASE HELP

>only 1 server for fresh start
Will be unplayable for at least a week

youtube.com/channel/UC-PZR3NIYct_d4fII734dZA
youtube.com/watch?v=u9NBbx8L0VU

I doubt it, Russia is a lawless wasteland for the most part.

Valkyrie has been up forever. I'm sure they've gotten more than a couple C&D letters by now.

lit as in some fag keeps posting bulge pics

you guys are fucking fags

he's happy again :3

This is Valkyrie we're talking about, all the servers will be unplayable for at least a month, senpai

That's true, it makes it a different situation. However it doesn't take into account the huge amount of people who had no clue about nost until the shutdown and the blizzard sit-down. Underestimating that is a mistake, i think.
Even the retail forum is full of examples, people chiming in with "i had no idea this was a thing, dang i missed it" who have been following the story since then.
I could be wrong, and it's pretty neat either way, i'll play wherever or at least give it a chance. But to repeat, i think our echobox (including the wowservers subreddit and the nost forum in that) aren't necessarily reflective of "everyone", especially those casually interested.
Pretty interesting situation at least, right?

because kronos pvp worked out so good
because kronos pvp didn't have retards like kungen hyping it and people played for a single week

not a single new sever lasts(ed) more than a month before it became a barren wasteland

Anyone can summarize the situation in few words ?

Not likely, it never was and was in limbo for the entire time nost was up. As soon as one of the nost devs playing a shaman it might.
If i recall, it was the elemental weapons talent that was the big problem.
OP consecration here i come.

no fuck off

elysium is hosted in france, although they didn't say where they'll host nost

Can't wait for the general chats

>this incomprehensible babble

Enjoy your dead server, monkey.

okay, to all the newfags

avoid the tod fags (salty dogz) at all cost, avoid the nihilium fags, also avoid DRAGONZ FOREST (39 retards with the exception of lndi (who will just use u for his thunderfury))

Nost is giving valkyrie (elysium) their source and account data.
But seriously, you can just read the update on the wowservers subreddit, it will be the first thing there. It will explain where things are at better than faggots here will.
Past that there will be more info in a week when gay bear suzerain has an AMA.

>kronocucks b t f o
>mfw I didn't bother with that shit server

Yeah but what will happen to our characters when Clinton wins and we nuke Russia?

Alexensual suicide bombed the blizzard hq after no one announced legacy servers at blizzcon

other way around, nfa was the only guild and salty dogs happened

the salty dogs aren't the tod fags

"we back senpai"

>got to level 17 before realizing they took way too many liberties with streamlining, there were too many shitty bugs, and character auctions are an awful idea
want my time back