/ywg/ - Yokai Watch General #71

Prev. thread NEET edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Yo-kai Watch 2 Demo is out on the e-shop! Tell your friends to give it a try!

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
We're working on an FAQ for Yo-kai Watch 2 now! This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/r9ra4TGd
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XVhodYM4hIL3U2ac68Ms97Stnz6Ps1sVJoThgbFZS-Q/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucked up on prev thread, this should be it?

Where did everybody go?

The nights are slower but people are also asleep so harder to bump. But then during the day the board is pretty fast so it's still hard to bump in time. It's a cruel trap.

>tfw when the happenings feelings kick in
pastebin.com/r9ra4TGd

I wonder when they'll add Tetsuya and Kantetsu to puni?

I love Baddinyan but man I really want Thornyan

>tfw thornyan is a rare trade in 2 because everyone picked Baddinyan
suffering

It sucks that we cant just get both like the last game.

So someeone did a little math to determine exp ratios of yokai. Turns out that ranks play a big deal as to how much exp a yokai needs to level up.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XVhodYM4hIL3U2ac68Ms97Stnz6Ps1sVJoThgbFZS-Q/edit#gid=0

tl;dr:
Rank E to 99: 844,115
Rank D to 99: 912,021
Rank C to 99: 970,298
Rank B to 99: 1,028,478
Rank A to 99: 1,096,386
Rank S to 99: 1,164,318

I thought i could feel a bit of a difference when starting over from level 1 with different ranks.

bump

New best shokai bump

You know, this explains why my S rank team had lower levels in my playthrough

Tfw you want Baddinyan and Thornyan

We need more lewd Casanuva

Couldn't agree more.

I wonder if mote user is still alive

Has anyone completed all the quests in the game yet (and got a trophy for it)? If so, how many quests are there in total in 2?

Can you rub the golden egg on yw2?

I did all the ones in the first game, not the second one so far.

Yeah. You need to ring some doorbell to unlock the golden egg rub though.

All right, any idea what doorbell though?

Check the bottom houses on Shopper's Row

Got it, thanks bud.

Are there any other resources for finding YW fanart outside of Pixiv? Feels like new art from there has slowed down.

All the cool kids nowadays use twitter for finding art.

does searching the JP name still yield the same result there at least? Seems like I'm getting a lot more random shit than usual using just the photo search there.

Last i checked using the Japanese names always has the best results.

Oh okay

>Blasters has exclusive items
>A mode designed to to give the best rewards to a full team since they can most likely collect all the orbs and defeat all the oni
>Is offline only
Gee Hino, i too wonder why things arent doing better here. I bet this same shit is being pulled in 3 somehow as well.

Dromp

>Gee Hino, i too wonder why things arent doing better here.

The game was made for Japan first. Finding someone for local play is NEVER a problem there, just go to an Arcade and you're bound to find someone with a 3DS.

whoever voiced this guy got it right in the game

Swosh

I havent heard much of his Japanese voice so i dont know how well it was done. I kind of forgot what Tetsuya's was like too.

We need more Shutendoji.

is there art of him wielding that flame sword?

Not any that I've seen

bump

I don't think the busters mode coming in YW3 is gonna local only again for a couple of reasons.

Hino said that after YW3 the franchise would take a bit of a break outside of the upcoming mobile games, so I'd think that they'd want YW3 to have a lot more longevity to it. That and the mode looks to have about as much polish as a full spin-off, maybe even more-so because the trailer showed off only entirely new areas.

It'd be really dumb to not have online again, so I'm hoping they do the smart thing. Fingers crossed.

If they're smart it'll have online

So I finally got the first music minigame to appear for me, with the MC marching with his clones.

I failed horribly.

The controls feel incredibly slippery throughout the game. IT looked so easy watching it though...

You mean the Foxtrot?

There are a few more I believe. Foxtrot is just one of them. Supposedly there is also a yokai parade one

How long does it usually take for JP to add old yokai into the roster?

For a break the series was planning on, it seems like they have a lot of projects being carried out over 2017, what with a third version of YW3 and several phone games, with YW1 getting a phone port too.

Any good 18+ fics about Mother Aura?

Interesting taste, but I don't think such a thing exists

What else besides the first game port do they have in store for YW on mobile?

A rhythm game and a trivia thing. YW1 phone port isn't a small thing though; they're completely remastering it, adding features from YW2 such as online battling. Don't forget that Puni Puni will continue to update, too.

Those first two sound like pretty smalll things, but still something in the franchise if it was supposed to be on break. Maybe they just meant the mainline series then?

That mobile port sounds really cool though and i'm very interested to just see how it will be done, just technically how it will be pulled off but even just down to the price point, no way will they charge 40 bucks for it, even with upgrades

>Princess Speech
kek. Good name.

Holy shit Walldin is too rare or im just unlucky.

Yes

He was my first rare pull from the busters crank-a-kai.

And my only one since ;_;

I dont think the red youkai weather warning caries over into boss battles or the infinite inferno. I'm not noticing any increased exp gain from it.

Fuck the busters crank a kai.

>350 orbs from busting my ass against ogralus and grabbing what I run past
>get a cucumber

Are you using silver tags or higher?

I think that particular instance was with a bronze tag, but even so the best I've recorded getting with a gold tag was a golden doll.

I'm getting boosted exp from the other yokai in II, but it looks like bosses don't give the bonus

I'm rank B now in Yokai Watch 2. Where do I find Frostina? And any other Yokai grills of note at this level?

Frostina is in the trees in uptown spingdale.

Longnek is a C rank find in the graves at the fusion place in the past. Can't think of any others though.

Got Longnek the moment I turned C rank. She's a strong independent woman who hits people with her head even though her attitude is Gentle.

Is the Glacial Chip still a post-game item like in YW1?

>spend like half my exp orbs on leveling slicenrice into flamurice so i can finish that one side quest

i'm finally free of this ugly piece of shit

Yep, though getting it after the game is trivial. Just buy 300$ worth of mackrel and turn it into the Jungle hunter guy.

>you will never stick your dick in snobetty's fish like lips

why even live

I just saw Inu Yasha on the Yokai Wiki. What's that about?

Puni Puni is having a Sunday comic crossover event that America could never dream of having because WibWob's team is full of memers.

How do I initiate Bear boy 2 quest? I'm post game but I still can't activate it. I've done all the Shelly quests and the first bear quest so I'm confused.

It'll be over here in about half a year. Until then stocking up on ymoney.

so what's this yokai peggle game you're all playing

So this Saturday is apparently the Whisper's backstory episode of the anime. How do you guys think they handle it aka fuck it up? Also, is Whisper's backstory revealed in the 3rd version of YW2 as a quest or something?

>third version of YW2

Are they going to pull an Emerald on me?

He's not that bad, come on user.

>get thornyan from some side event
>doesn't have a voice line for his soultimate

DROPPED

They removed the Momotaronyan in favor of the Fruitnyan to give Wib Wob "a more local touch". "Memers" is a pretty good term for them.

Their customer service is nice, though. Really responsive and incredibly helpful. They never make formal announcements about a ton of things in Wib Wob, so if you want more info about something, I highly recommend filing a query.

Have they answered whether or not they'll be released later? Or are they just straight up gone? Cause that's pretty stupid if so. Not even the main line games removed youkai yet even thought it'd be really easy and make at least a lick of sense for being so japanese like Don Chan.

I'd rather not risk her slapping me silly for no good reason thank you very much

I got him early enough on that he just leveled with my party.

Not that I used him, or anything...

if I recall they may release it eventually. Although I did hear there will be yokai exclusive to each version of wibwob
It wasn't until busters when they first appeared anyway, so them holding back the momotaronyan release makes a little bit of sense

It'd make sense and i'd be less upset about it if they come after Busters or around 3, but if they're just no shows that's crazy.

No it won't, there's no way they'll pay all the licensing shit for it.

>Although I did hear there will be yokai exclusive to each version of wibwob
That's their excuse to not release shit.

>Upgrade Yo-kai Watch U to Ver. 6
>Dream Medals don't even mention the next watch, just get the same "upside down medal" error message

Cheap.

how do i get trap NEET yokai

kill self and he will appear