/utg/ - Undertale General

Totally a Snails Edition

Previous timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwlt5VvUAAA_EvT.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8AohUkAA_Tsg.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwktW6NVEAAKr2E.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwkrhWZUsAAIAIe.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlLEl3UcAA276D.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlT_rDUkAAvLaD.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwldHC4UsAAxz1X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwmVXQVUAAAxzbd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwmaWq4UQAATv_3.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8FAkUcAAWVOY.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwk8L4wUUAA-Ain.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlUAxNVIAEjrcB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlUCoAUoAMgM-X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlDJSeVEAExAhE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwmMEAUUUAAUXuG.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlzRT5VEAAvnTT.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlvTrzUQAANCzE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlbWvPUsAADm-Y.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlClL_VIAAhc4l.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl4kWPUAAABB7N.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwmhzx1VIAAjnuX.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlzEMhUUAElyhk.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlVGH5UsAAG-ks.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlDoXtVQAAoZui.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgXzkFUQAAy2Im.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwkjHUXVIAAPDy2.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwk0BKuVEAA8MOg.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlDTOeUkAA0znP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwknF4YVQAA7pdB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8bJbVIAAbsNI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8lAgUkAA_xw7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwljDDxVIAAaOGe.jpg:orig
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B15HVwPVMD-cR2JUalFEdjJmRWM
youtube.com/watch?v=wuouHPIMVO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey guys, finally finished with my first piece of drawfaggotry for /utg/!
I'd really appreciate critique from just about anybody. Yeah, I know it's shit, but WHY is it shit?
Shouldn't have taken three days, but I did zilch yesterday so all in all it took me four hours. I know that's criminally long for something as simple as this, but I AM an amateur
The only references I used were sprites from the game, if anyone's curious.
And before anybody asks, I don't ship Sansgore. He's just embarrassed about how much space he takes up when he's sitting at the bar and Sans gives no shits, as usual

Nth for Chara!

papyrus

Still liking this character somehow

post em

rate this please i put a fair bit of time and thought into it.

how do we make this thread good

c u t e l i z a r d

Looks nice.
It speaks to my D&D mindset, but I am not a fan of the 5x5 format.

How do I look up goat dad and goat mom on twitter, but only from the Japs?

Post booby

I think you're off to a good start. You have a good grasp of anatomy and proportions.
Some things are a little awkward, like Alphys' head and tail or Asgore's hand, but it's understandable and honestly still not that bad.

Keep it up

What makes Asgore more moral than Undyne or Alphys

1/10 desu

probably typing their japanese names
i'm pretty sure their names are トリエル and アズゴア

thanks. i did 5x5 because i felt 3x3 always leaves someone out.

Doing this again
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwlt5VvUAAA_EvT.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8AohUkAA_Tsg.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwktW6NVEAAKr2E.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwkrhWZUsAAIAIe.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlLEl3UcAA276D.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlT_rDUkAAvLaD.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwldHC4UsAAxz1X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwmVXQVUAAAxzbd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwmaWq4UQAATv_3.jpg:orig
>Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8FAkUcAAWVOY.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwk8L4wUUAA-Ain.jpg:orig
>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlUAxNVIAEjrcB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlUCoAUoAMgM-X.jpg:orig
>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlDJSeVEAExAhE.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwmMEAUUUAAUXuG.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlzRT5VEAAvnTT.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlvTrzUQAANCzE.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlbWvPUsAADm-Y.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlClL_VIAAhc4l.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl4kWPUAAABB7N.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwmhzx1VIAAjnuX.png:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlzEMhUUAElyhk.jpg:orig
>Gaster
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlVGH5UsAAG-ks.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlDoXtVQAAoZui.jpg:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwgXzkFUQAAy2Im.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwkjHUXVIAAPDy2.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwk0BKuVEAA8MOg.png:orig
>froggit
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlDTOeUkAA0znP.jpg:orig
>Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwknF4YVQAA7pdB.jpg:orig
>Asriel & Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8bJbVIAAbsNI.jpg:orig
>Masktale
pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwl8lAgUkAA_xw7.jpg:orig
>Asriel Selfcest
pbs.twimg.com/media/CwljDDxVIAAaOGe.jpg:orig

k
In the search field filter it so that it only shows Japanese accounts/ The jap names won't get you any good art nowadays

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B15HVwPVMD-cR2JUalFEdjJmRWM

Asgore needs to be Lawful Evil

stop talking about the thread and its posters
talk about the game and its characters instead

sans is neutral, not good, he spends literally the entire game doing nothing no matter what you do unless you are literally about to destroy the world
otherwise it's shit like all alignment charts, even more so because 5x5 autism

nice

Lawful evil is using the law towards your own selfish ends and only caring about yourself. That's not Asgore character. He should fall more towards neutral then either good or evil I guess

Alpyhs (although not exactly trying to hurt anyone) lies to make herself look better even at the further dismay of others (the families of the amalgamtes) Undyne is bascially just Asgore but without any form of remorse for what she's doing. Asgore is forgivable because he only really does what he does for the betterment of his people not for himself.

Don't forget this Chara

Best user.

Would Chara be lawful evil then?

>tfw no chara gf
FUCK ME

Eating those children was pretty selfish. He could have solved it another way.

The spider a cute! CUTE!!!

Sweet!

Please the game before posting.
Not really, no. I see where you're coming from but Lawful Evil would be more like a corrupt politician or a tyrant. Chara's method has no care what so ever for government or law.Only chaos and destruction of everything.

*STAB ME

anyways taste my terrible sprite work!

i have to work so im gonna stop shilling my garbage now. knowing /utg/ you all think im a total loser.

I'm fine with either.

Thank you!

Sans' biggest character vice is that he could help far more than he did, but he is too lazy/apathic to ever do so.

But Undyne doesn't attack you for personal glory, she wants to give the soul to Asgore for the sake of monster freedom, something he personally trained her to do, and during repeat runs it's pretty clear that she's basically forcing herself to be hyped up about fighting the human because it's her job and duty.

If anything, her intentions are more pure than Asgore's, which can easily be interpreted as him lying to his people about his war of genocide thus making those deaths meaningless and only a matter of his own selfish inability to tell his people that he was wrong.

cloaca

Thanks!

I got lazy with Alphys towards the end, despite her being my favorite. I realized I could flip her head around and make it look a lot better, but I press down way too hard when I draw in pencil so it'd show through, and I figured it wasn't worth the effort. My anatomy is really shit most of the time, so that means a lot to me. I'll keep practicing!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Name one thing sans actively did to help.

why do contentfags keep posting their work is shit? i enjoy what they make

Ah, alright then. That is sound reasoning I suppose. You're welcome.
You're welcome!

He helped you jump over Papyrus's attacks with his blue soul magic.

most creative types have a pathological lack of self confidence

alternatively, they're fishing for compliments

he tell funny joke
and make empty threats during the least violent timelines

Oh boy, two cakes!

>which can easily be interpreted as him lying to his people about his war of genocide thus making those deaths meaningless and only a matter of his own selfish inability to tell his people that he was wrong.
This is a pretty clearly wrong interpretations of his actions. You can stretch it that far yeah but its clear that he had more positive intentions then just trying to cover his own ass

Unless you're that one guy who just hates Asgore and thinks of him in the worst possible light.

Also for the record
I think Undyne should be higher on the good scale and I have no idea why he put her so low. I also don't think Papyrus should be lawful and I think Sans should be more neutral. I'd probably bump Asgore down a scale as well

beat this faggots

It's been months, and i really want to know what this says.

And the ones who do have self confidence were better off without it.

>Calling a headcanon a fact
user how much time have you been spending on tumblr

thats why i stopped posting it

I don't care enough. I could have a lot more Asgores if I saved literally every piece of fanart but I only save pics I like

That is a lovely Dogeressa. Would bang.

You don't have to hate Asgore to see that a big part of his character is his cowardice. He is keeping up the lie because he thinks it's for the better, but his fear also keeps him from coming clean.

I dunno man; Undyne never seemed that sorry after the fact about it.

Asgore's lying motivated the people to stay strong and healthy. Given how bad monsters have it with this i'd say the situation underground would be much worse had he not lied. And again: he feels a strong sense of guilt and remorse over everything, so much so he'll kill himself to let you go free after you beat him.

Considering why he thinks that way and the things he did/does before the player shows up still, in my mind, makes sans a "good" person. (i.e reading car magazines in the woods because papyrus likes cars, working a bunch of jobs so papyrus can be happy, keeping his promise despite the threat the player poses.) Not all ethics are related to consequences.

I like it! Its has nice distribution. Maybe a bit of work on proportions and a bit of detail can make it perfect.

I dunno. When I make music I just think it is not the best thing I can offer so it is never enough to please me.

I don't really mind if you say it is bad, I just do them for you so I like that kind of feedback since can make me change the things that are wrong.

It's alright.
Try not to press down with the pencil too much, unless you're basically done. You have the dark lines around the important characters and that's good, but save that part for the end, that way you can easily change things when you're still working on the picture.
That came out badly but does it make sense?

Because I just started to practice drawing again and figured I'd take it easier if I didn't build up my artwork to be all that good...

I'm not fishing, I swear! I just wanted some honest critique without setting the bar too high for myself

Humans, in general are more likely to be more critical of themselves and overall anything they make.

thumbnail though

heh
thanks user

Reminder that Burgerpants is a terrible character and catfags are just salty.

> fishing complaints

>femanons

As a fellow botfag, please just drop it. Characterfag wars are always bad.

Well, Asgore did kind of shove himself into a hell of a corner with his declaration of war thing.

On one hand, he had his people's best interest in mind, sure. But, on the other hand, he sat on his ass, hoping that no humans would ever fall for him to kill, so he would never, ever have to actually fulfill that promise. essentially keeping the monsters trapped in the Underground. If his purpose was to break the barrier, he could've done so ages ago, yet he didn't, so the end result is just him stalling for time with children's blood for god knows how long.

The guy essentially wanted to have his cake and eat it, too. Or have his kiddo and vore it, too.

what's your reasoning for making mettaton lawful? i always thought he'd be chaotic myself.

lol who here has self confidence

oh shit thanks. thought i had the normal full-sized image.

youtube.com/watch?v=wuouHPIMVO8
How does this make you feel?

Me. I'm awesome.

Thank you! Had no idea what distribution was before this post, so even that was very informative.

Makes sense to me! Thank you for the feedback.

not me hahahahaha

I'm the best poster here

Reminder that you will never ever have a buff fluffy boyfriend

Because of his love of the fans. Social may have been better than lawful. Still he leans more towards lawful because of his involvement in society. A chaotic person wouldn't use fame and charisma for his/her selfish needs.

Good thing I like girls.

>buff
>fluffy
the opposite of what im aiming for

> fatz taking aim at Underfell

that boy is playing with fire

The wrong ones

who are the wrong ones

That's not entirely true: in genocide Gerson mentions how he and Asgore talked and that Asgore didn't want to break the barrier out of fear that humans would just kill all monsters instead of sealing them again. Of course he assumes that Humans wont accept peace with monsters but given the reason they went to war originally its actually a pretty good line of thinking.

>He is keeping up the lie because he thinks it's for the better, but his fear also keeps him from coming clean.
Okay yeah I pretty much agree with you then. I thought you were someone else who had a giant hard on for hating him and just completely ignored that his actual main goal was to keep hope alive in the underground.
>he sat on his ass
See this is where I have an issue with this because very thing else you said is pretty spot on. Yeah he stalled on the breaking of the barrier but he was very much out and about everyday talking to his people and trying his very best to keep sprites up and he did try and find other ways of breaking it. He was just too dumb to find a way to have hope and also call off the war.

I'm not saying your wrong because you aren't but I think it ignores some interesting parts of the character when you just act as if he literally did nothing but cower in his castle everyday and that his stuff had no actual effect for his people when the game tells you over and over that he wasn't doing that and that that wasn't the case.

Anyways I don't want to start some huge debate so i'm just going to shut up here because I suck at explaining what i'm trying to say and i'll just make a mess of it like last time

I want a lizard boyfriend though

but I want a tall, fleshless boyfriend

I guess a dictator is pretty lawful

i suppose that works. i was more thinking along the lines of wanting fame and attacking frisk for his own selfish reasons (though only partly for the latter).

Well, consider that Undyne's lived in a society, led and controlled by Asgore, that has based itself on the idea that the humans are irredeemable, and have to be annihilated to the last man, woman and child. Because of the agenda pumped into her brain every day of her life, she's basically got a slightly skewed sense of right and wrong.

But you can't exactly say that her heart's not in the right place, can you? She loves her fellow monsters, probably more than Asgore ever did. That's what pushes her to fight you, and in the end, she realizes that she doesn't want to fight a child that won't fight back, and stops. Asgore still has to be beaten down to be stopped, and refuses to accept any outcome other than one where either he or the entire human race is dead until every monster comes up to him and tells him to stop.

Also, if Asgore feeling guilt for his actions makes him "good," then what about Alphys, who was completely paralyzed and ruined by guilt of the things she had done, and in several endings punishes herself for them?

I'd rather have a girlfriend. Boys are smelly and weird

The ones with self-confidence

Lawful in a "I'm going to twist the laws in my favor" kind of way, I suppose

Captcha: follow king
Oh my.

It's actually pretty cool how close they were able to get them to how they really look.
I kinda wonder how the Monsters would react to the Skylands

who are those people though

This desu.

>self-confidence is bad
What?

eww