/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

knytt edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FEXOJ97M86I
newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People who play Knytt are knytttwytts

If you use a key, please claim it in the thread. Will save other anons time.

take that back

I'd like to nominate CLASSIC GAME for GOTT

youtube.com/watch?v=FEXOJ97M86I

Have extra keys for most of these, so if you're a late arrival and still want a game drop an address.

Too bad it's trash

MONTAGUES MOUNT: Z6J9W-EJW5B-A7X8N
QYK6Y-M8ZEL-AQEWB

CHRONICLES OF A DARK LORD EP 2: JJ5MX-JXR26-FVKVK

BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE: 0V5DI-30IND-A6FC8

walking sims with mixed reviews. the spooky one looks alright

I'm just going to take the middle unless no one takes the others since I keep hogging the games. Don't mind me asking how you have all these though do you?

greenmangaming mystery pack things. theyre on sale right now.

Oooh ok. Thanks again for that by the way.

So is it ok if I make The Room: The Game the Game of the thread or is that a bad idea for what ever reason?

i dont think anyone really cares. these threads are pretty slow so any discussion is usually good

Ok but am I allowed to link newgrounds on Veeky Forums or is that against a rule or blacklist I don't know about? That's my main fear.

you mean that RPG Maker game?

its fine. you can read the rules on Veeky Forums's main page

GAME OF THE THREAD
LISA THE TEARING
newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307

Got it, thanks bro.

Thank you.

So many good Knytt Stories

So what's indie up to?

Dropsy may be my favorite point-and-click released in the last decade.

Heading off to bed. See you all in the morn.

For some reason morn looks like mom. THe r and n get put too close.

Did that fucking beach DLC come out yet it's been ages

What's so goodd about dropsy?

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

Thank you for Montagne

Chara can get it.

one bell down

now two

right where papyrus belongs...

So what's indie doing?

Now I can finally know whats so good about Dropsy

Playing Unexplored. Well, just died on floor 12.

I don't know if I got RNG fucked or what but 4 floors with nothing but the same fucking hard to kill monster got really draining.

Also I unlocked the wizard class... but a bug kept me from getting it. Welp.

Nice

bump

Her Story does not have a political message. It has nothing to do with feminism. It just happens to have a loose definition of "gameplay."

huh?

Just bumping the thread with indie games. Feel free to take one.

I couldn't possibly

Almost your entire screen+ out of bound areas, behind the map walking for secret routes and the different dimension for quicktravel you need if you want to avoid paying the bell guards for a secret.

This was unfinished, right?
Mine is Primorida but we have a ton of excellent point&click adventures thanks to Daedalic serving as healthy soil for the genre.
Oh yeah and fuck telltale.

Everything

Thanks for that.

Is that a southpark character with poop chocolate?

Reminder that Bureau 13 was the closest thing possible to indie games back in 1995.

Poor Father Blank, his prayer does nothing.

Um sorry to ask this but can I ask for a character design critique of a character I'm doing for a small little side project I'm doing? Sorry for asking this by the way and I'm the the point and click slug guy. I was kind of wanting to take Karbonic's advice and try something a lot less ambitious and small while messing around with that point and click.Plus plus I've been hit by a lot of college stuff too so I haven't had much time to really work on it aside from the writing so a smaller project seemed like a much better idea at this point and time. Again sorry for asking and if I'm kind of spamming about it.

It's Rin from Rin in a Bin Adventures.
Yeah sure go ahead. And working on smaller stuff is indeed better. You learn from it an can shamelessly copy he good stuff into your bigger main work.

you can't wake me up anymore

Niceu

cant stop playing titanfall 2

So what does indie think don't mind me asking?

Pretty edgy but in a good way if the writing fits her(?). Why are the cape corners curling?

looks like that guy from bleach

Honestly I'm sorta feel bad for that game. It seems like a REALLY good game with good business practices but it's not really doing too well I hear.

its doing fine, i have no idea why people keep saying that. the pc population is the lowest and anyone can find games even at 3 am. consoles are doing even better

It missed the hype launch sales goal by something.

yeah sales were not the highest, but still good. the population has grown each week since its been out so im not worried. i think most people saying the stuff you said have not bought the game and are probably basing it on the sales

Oh good, I was sorta going for that to really ramp up the edge.
He's sorta meant to be like a character who acts a tough and tries to look cool when really they're kind of a weak mess, and his version of cool is gothy and kind of immaturely edgy. I was kind of thinnking of developing him out of this sort of immature metality through the course of the story. Something like that at least. The idea of him being a white mage instead of a black mage is the fact that he became one in order to somehow learn how to revive a loved one, or something like that.

Sounds good to me, nice twist too.

Have any critiques for the design though? See any weird design choics or things that don't really fit?
Also forget to mention the cape. I don't know why but i sometimes just have a habit of drawing capes curled like that, think I should change it?

Depends how it will look ingame.

his cape looks a little weird, like theres a small fan blowing on it. his shoes/feet are also pretty large but that may be fine if thats the look you were going for

I might change the cpe then. Also yeah I tend t do that with the hands and feet. Bit of a bad habit. Thanks for pointing out, Ill try to make them a bit smaller. Do you see any other problems, like does the green work for that sorta character or does it not really fit?

How many of these games are there?

green is fine i think

Knytt, Knytt Stories, Knytt Underground

Oh ok, thanks. Again sorry for the trouble.

La-Mulana is a puzzle-platformer that's practically a classic at this point. Give it a shot if you enjoy the genre and haven't gotten around to it.

If I ever play it, should I go in blind or with a walkthrough?

Hug that walkthrough like you want to marry it.

won't it diminish the enjoyment or is one of those games that somehow are meant to be played with a manual/notebook?

The games puzzles are bullshit that would make 90s p&c adventure puzzle logic blush.

If they're bullshit then how is it a good game?

That user is trying to ruin it for you. Go in blind, and if you find yourself in a bind glance at a "hint" guide. Figuring shit out on your own is the fun of it.

Taken, massive thanks, been meaning to play this for a while

So what's indie up to?

titanfall 2 and darkest dungeon when i can manage to pry myself from titanfall multiplayer. also been playing reigns now and then, really fun game considering its like 3 dollars. has that "one more turn" civilization type addicting quality to it

I'm doing the secret parts of Knytt Underground

WHat's so good about that series?

Anyone making a game?

its mega comfy, really nice ambiance/music. just relaxing to play in general and lots of neat secrets to find. the first two games are free as well, and the second game has tons of custom maps. 3rd game is on steam for just a few bucks

Here is how it always goes:
>Should I use a guide or go blind?
>PLEASE use a guide for your own sanity
>no man just roam free like a spirit animal
>ok I go free
>10 hours later
>this game is shit nothing makes sense
>fuck lets use a guide
>play through game with guide
>go back to ´line 2 when you are on the internet

Time for some serious shootin'

They say that's a great game.

What's the ugliest but still good obscure and/or indie game?

Loath as I am to call art "ugly", Space Funeral.

Space Funeral is beautiful though. How dare you insult the great moon.

Space funeral's sorta odd in that respect. The art's "ugly" but it's ugly in a way where it's actually weirdly appealing to look at.

it's the colour palette

Maybe but I dunno, the designs also seem weirdly charming for how ugly they are.

If I've officially "beaten" chapter 3 in Knytt Underground, are the secret chapters worth it?

Chapter 3 is the game, chapter 1 and 2 are the tutorials.
The achievements are bound t all secrets and stuff to discover. Allcan be looked up on youtube.
One must is the extra levels under the map, the credits extra level and the other stuff hidden in the menu.

So who saved Dan the first time they played Iji? Who went pacifist?

i think i tried that once. been so long since i played iji, dont really remember. that game needs a remake with a modern game engine and textures

The engine and art is gorgeous as-is, how dare you.

Anyone ever find the high quality music files?