/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

PBR is cool and if you think not you're a lazy texturer edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/HPJiGhg0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module recommendations:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/empire-of-sand
moddb.com/mods/last-breath-of-the-calradian-empire
moddb.com/mods/ancient-time-hegemony-of-heroes
moddb.com/mods/the-great-game-of-victorian-era
moddb.com/mods/the-eighth-elohim/videos/the-eighth-elohim-trailer-2#imagebox
sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/slaughter-bridge-uncovering-colossal-bronze-age-battle
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nth for the cruel reality, the uncomfortable truth

If assets user is here, can you post a pastbin for the general to use of the stuff you grabbed, I really want those Byzantine esque armors you nabbed to try to make a Justinian invasion esque replacement for the Dark knights.

You realize that, in this picture, unlike others of this meme, the person depicted transcended their physical being to become their object of fascination?
By making him become nothing, you made him become Bannerlord.

Ah fuck I completely forgot we need to add Undead calradia to the pastebin. I'll try to do it this week.
Good night, Knights

have a nice rest user

>all that clipping in the official promo images
Never change, TW.

But... who IS the banner lord?

>yfw the calradian empire can't even beat a bunch of forest bandits

Reposting from last thread
Lets think about halberds.
We know side stabs and upstabs are possible. As well as swings.
But can we have, instead of a thrust, a pull using the hook side Is it even possible ?
I'm thinking : On a halberd
>up : swing
>right side: swing
>left side : pull
>down : Thrust
I remember people talking about some mod having a dehorsing feature (IIRC it was WFAS). Could we use that and make it trigger if hit by a pull ?

>Never change
you sounds autistic user. just from seeing at that thumbnail you can see that TW has improved their overall graphics a lot

Rhodoks are literally the best faction in single player and multiplayer

>sergeants and sharpshooters can defend or capture any castle and town

>their weapons will counter any other faction in multiplayer with the pike, great hammer, war cleaver, and siege crossbow

i was about to quote your last thread post
>But can we have, instead of a thrust, a pull using the hook side Is it even possible ?
animationwise sure, you'd just reverse the animation really since it's the same sort of motion
>>left side : pull
dunno about that, i mean it might work but ideally you'd either use thrust or swing since you'd want to make the damage value different, and you can't have two different damage values for swing or thrust, but you can for one and for the other
>I remember people talking about some mod having a dehorsing feature (IIRC it was WFAS)
no idea what mod that was but it sure isn't WFAS, closest you could say in WFAS is just pike bracing

I would cream my pants if you could hook cavalrymen off horses or pull shields away with billhooks and halberds

>you sounds autistic user. just from seeing at that thumbnail you can see that TW has improved their overall graphics a lot
No shit, however the "Never change" was directed towards the clipping, not the overall graphics.
Seeing all the grammar errors you made I'm going to assume you didn't understand the meaning of what I wrote because you don't have a solid grasp on the english language.
nigger

Didn't realize the last topic was at post limit at the time ~

Didn't reply since I fell asleep but thats why I mentioned lord relations in this case. What the 132 friends implies is that I have 132 Lords that I should be able to lock at 100 relations, trivializing Lord management going forward. The real problem with the 100 relations locked lords is that they frequently tend to be 100 relations locked with their starting faction as well -- Making it near impossible to recruit them until their faction is destroyed. With 132 however I am a little optimistic. All I need is one such lord per town/castle I conquer and I have no qualms about being patient.

For the other Lords -- Just give them villages and don't be overly concerned if they rebel. So long as you don't assign them a castle or town it isn't a big deal if they defect and its a waste if you don't utilize them.

Bannerlord really needs to improve their kingdom management though. They should at least emulate Koei empire sim games and at the very least allow this:

1) When doing any kingdom management such as assigning fiefs let the player see all relevant attributes of the Lords (like LOYALTY) with an visual map of that ALSO illustrates relevant attributes on selection. Its pretty silly that even basic tasks like assigning Lords to specific fiefs requires me to write down what I plan to do before talking to the minister. I should not need to create a spreadsheet of my Lords to compensate for Warbands cumbersome GUI.

2) Allow Kings to assign multiple Marshalls with player specified regions of control and allow us to set the Marshal's overall policy. Even in Native only allowing one Marshal becomes wildly inefficient as your Kingdom gets large. It would be pretty neat if a Marshal's rebellion could potentially cause their entire region to betray you as well.

Since Warband already implements leg collision it seems simpler to simply have side swings to the legs cause tripping.

Additionally, the retraction of an initially missed thrust attacks should have a hooking effect as well. Aside from this allowing more visually "realistic" hooking It was not uncommon target the back of the neck using such tactics.

i'm aware of that, but desu a bit of clipping is definitely not a big deal though

moddb.com/mods/empire-of-sand
>Empire of Sand is a Warband mod that makes Sarranids the most powerful faction in Calradia.
ebin

Rhodok superiority is not merely a meme. It is a reality.

I know, that was meant to be a joke.
Autists are the ones that can't recognize jokes, user.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

inb4 >das

why, are Sarranids the author's pet elven race?

I hope he realizes that most of the gameplay appeal of super factions is destroying them.

>Because of hardy Sarranid horses could withstand the desert, Sultan Hakim and the Sultanate saw a change to conquer entire Khergit Khanate. Sarranid Empire has risen!
Definitely NOT ebin.

I think there was some Dynasty Warriors mod, might be your thing

Cousin, you're here!

>friendly lords won't stop looting enemy villages
>no villages left untouched
>they kill all the refugees and won't let me offer free jobs to the women with my mace
Fucking bloodthirsty nord barbarians

what to do?

I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong with the server tomorrow lads. Then we will meme into eternity.

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

>you will never have slant eyed flat faced shit reeking horse milking steppe waifu
feels good

To have a pure baker waifu

You have good tastes.

Wake up /mbg/!

don' wanna

How goes your conquest, sleepy knight?

As unfunny individuals are quick to point out :^)

How do you get the horses on a boat?
And how do you get them off?

ask noah

are you hype for any obscure mods?
moddb.com/mods/last-breath-of-the-calradian-empire
moddb.com/mods/ancient-time-hegemony-of-heroes
moddb.com/mods/the-great-game-of-victorian-era

really just EiF2
maybe i'll play FoW if the scenes ever get done

Sure am!

moddb.com/mods/the-eighth-elohim/videos/the-eighth-elohim-trailer-2#imagebox

kek

>tfw no bronze age mod
sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/slaughter-bridge-uncovering-colossal-bronze-age-battle

FoW is pretty close

Hey guys, is dickplomacy close to native or should I use user's diplomacy from this pastebin? pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

also i may have missed it in the sticky but how 2 install mod

It's an updated diplomacy with optional dick, just install like any other module and there's instructions in the folder for options

throwing stones would actually be viable

stones were pretty viable even into the medieval period, although usually with a sling and not just thrown by hand

by the high middle ages they were almost gone except in places like iberia, but for the sake of variety i think it's fine to have shit like slings in settings like that

Throwing stones is viable IRL.

this is why memes like throwing daggers annoy me since rocks are way more effective

If you are going to go through all that effort and regulation to painfully execute someone why not just shoot them in the head?
Fucking towelheads and muh tradition, I swear to god.

I think the whole community being active participants in the execution is the point

you are going to go through all that effort and regulation to painfully execute someone why not just shoot them in the head?
Fucking Americans and muh tradition, I swear to god.

>If you are going to go through all that effort and regulation to painfully execute someone why not just shoot them in the head?
>Fucking Nazis and muh tradition, I swear to god.

what do urban legends have to do with this exactly

That is very offensive to the 16 trillion sharpshooters that lost their lives, user.

oy vey it's like anudda field battle

Taleworlds has the best PR.

>Like a bearded girl with an amazing personality
What did they mean by this
>proof that the American dream can also come true in gaming
What the fuck did they mean by this

I could have sworn I just saw someone dual wielding in geko - Am I just drunk or is it possible?

Both.

it's just a shield with a dagger model

interesting. thank you anons

>Ugly on the outside (shit graphics), great on the inside (everything else)
>Able to climb your way to the top through hard work, determination, and initiative no matter your gender and no matter the origin you choose

>no matter the origin you choose
I don't think the American dream quote is talking about in-game

Well, why the fuck would they put it on there if it wasn't about the game itself?

It's about the devs being Turks.

What do Turks have to do with the American Dream?

I think the bearded girl quote is about Armagan's wife.

>lowly origins (turks have no real games industry)
>work hard
>rise to greatness (make a great game)
It mirrors the American Dream narrative.

Turkey doesn't need any more games industry than Taleworlds desu

why?

>Joe_Rogan
Why does this make me laugh?

>Rescue Crusaders and leave with two towns still secure
>Leave The Crusaders for 2 weeks to rescue Portugal
>Look back at Middle East
)(@*#!&#()&@!)&##*(!&(#@()!&#!()&#

>nearly 800 hours played
>can almost block 1-3 hits from enemies in multiplayer before dying now

We're all gonna make it!

the worst part about a rhodok start is having to fight deserters

Curaw - ironworks
RIvacheg - dyeworks
what else?

narra - tannery
durquba - bakery

desu I just go off that list and see what makes me the most profit weekly

but that requires a few weeks to determine if the prices are inflated or deflated

>Join crusade before Crusaders are wiped out
>Smash my head against middle eastern territories until I finally accept its a lost cause
>Note that Golden Horde is engaged in multiple wars up north
>Capture recently conquered town to keep Crusader faction alive
Perhaps the Slavic master race can cure the Crusaders of the gross incompetence

khergits are such a pain to fight, they dont deal many casualties to you, its just that the battles drag on too much

joining sarranigs was a mistake

Being on the receiving of the horse AI is not good at all.

I wish there was an option to switch to auto resolve when there are only a few units left.
I also wish auto resolve calculation wasn't so simple and shitty.

Its frequently faster to just allow the mounted archers to smash into your infantry than chase after them with your cavalry

dickplomacy gives them a slightly better AI so they dont do that anymore

Tell me about Bannerlord! Why does he wear the mask?

Lotta loyalty for a hired blade!

Undead calradia or phantasy for necromancy antics?
I'm not a big fan of the magic in phantasy, I just want to raise undead armies and shiet.