/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhtUb28kaqM
gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/112500810582/mh4u-attack-effect-stacking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Claimed for Charge Blade!

Genbabs ruin everything

ITT: Let's pretend it's not possible to acknowledge Generations' flaws.

>Renkin/Alchemy style is tailored for people who enjoy doing group hunts. Its basic function is strengthening items during hunts. A key example is Barrel Bombs turning into silver/gold barrel bombs depending whether it's L or L+ which deals much more damage. Potions/Mega Potions when used with Alchemy functions as Lifepowders while healing for a bit more than usual. Using Alchemy to combine for bullets will create Normal 2+ or Pierce 2+ for example which deals bonus damage as well. When using Alchemy style you can access a new "Alchemy List" where you can combine for the new items. You may use 2 HAs with this style.

>Deviants will go up to lvl. 13. Deviant Souls will be upgraded to Strengthened Deviant Souls which add one new skill at level 13.

>Yama Tsukami is confirmed to be back and will be "important to the main storyline".

>Besides Diablos, Barroth and Barioth, Monoblos and Hypnoc will return. No other monsters will return (aside: Which sucks. Really wish they would've had Nerscylla come back)

>There will be one new HA for all the weapons. They haven't added it in though, and it is what they are working on in development right now.

>When announced it was said to be 70% completed, however source states it is closer to 80% now. The rest are pretty much just quests and arts.

Generations is perfect! PERFECT!

6th for Aria and Harlot name dropping!

>深海 タマミツネ (Deep Sea Mizutsune) - Mizutsune who adapted to living in the seas. Key difference is a new reliance on water beams although it moves as gracefully as ever. Bubbles it releases will also now inflict Waterblight alongside the Bubbles status!

>マウンテン神 ガムート (Mountain God Gammoth) - Gammoth with larger tusks and tougher plating on the forehead and feet. These Gammoth have adapted to living in the desert when food becomes scarce in their snowy mountains. It is described as much more aggressive and it will occasionally inflict Stench alongside Mud/Snow depending whether it's fought in the mountains or in the desert.

>ドラゴンスレイヤー ライゼクス (Dragon Slayer Astalos) - A much more intimidating version of Astalos that releases dragon energy alongside its signature thunder. This new energy strengthens/hardens fully charged parts effectively allowing the creature to become more of an apex predator.

>Alchemy style will be fully revealed next month as well. It will highlight primarily bombs and potions alchemy however it will promise "more items that can be combined to give hunters a new edge in combat!"

>There will be a "different kind of Nakarkos" to be fought only by G-rank hunters. All I'm told is that it will more effectively use the carcasses of different monsters in its fight.

>MH2 is announced
>woooooooooooow this is so stupid and over the top mh is dead
>MHF2 is announced
>MHF2G is announced
>MH3 is announced
>MHP3 is announced
>MH3G is announced
>MH4 is announced
>MH4G is announced
>MHX is announced
>MHXX is announced
>______________ ___ __ __ ______ ___ ____ ___ ___ __ __ ____

Fill in the blanks, you're living in it!

you people make me really angry and flustered sometimes and I don't know why I stay
I understand people have different opinions but some of you are so angry all the time it feels like you're just trying to be contrarian and don't let me play nice

people with less than 3000 hours played should not be allowed to post beside for asking questions

where's the official namedrop list with ranks of the best /mhg/ waifus?

What's so over the top about MH2, MHF2 and MHFU?

>replying to pasta

I hope this is true, even if it sounds like bullshit. Aren't Deviants supposed to be monsters who adapt to being hunted, rather than just being another name for subspecies?

Either way i was always wondering why the fuck out of all the Fated Four, only Glaiveanus got a deviant. I guess it would make sense for all the Fated Four to get deviants though.

Plus the regular Gammoth armor is comfy as fuck, so the deviant one might be just as comfy AND have actually useful skills.

Deviants are just another name for subspecies but retains the same element.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I don't think I could do well with the CB. I wouldn't be able to get the most out of the weapon.

the absolute lewdest

>MH2
Rajang, dos dragons, LS, Gunlance, HH
>MHF2
tigrex looks totally like a pokemon with that horrible cartoony color scheme guys! holy shit akantor is so fucking spiky its garbage! wtf is this white fatalis shit so anime!
>FU
duuuude narga has goddamn anime glowy eyes this is anime as fuck im never playing mh again and these goddamn frontier monsters eew

pre-Gens deviants were just very rare variations of monsters, such as savage jho and chaotic gore.

There's so many classifications. Subspecies, Rare Subspecies, Variants, Deviants.

Frontier monsters never became anime until after Tri.

those are not deviants they're variants
they only started using the word deviants on Gen

ultimately it's all rehashing of existing monsters

This WebM gets me every time.

Gen CB is not all that easy to grasp. To make things a bit frustrating for returning players it worked a bit differently in 4U.

>dude nobody ever disliked any title before Gen, it's THAT bad!! fucking memers lying they don't hate Gen's guts!!!!

>lies still being posted at the top of the thread
god fuck you

That's CantaPerMe, right?

Right in the filename, yeah.

Haven't made a WebM of the part where the Rathalos starts sleeping on the island isolated by lava.

You are free to counter it with your own lie or speculation.

Ad-hoc mhfu anyone?

lGen doesn't even have a single gigantic instanced monster battle which makes zero sense as an anniversary title when every MH before it had at least one. The one truly big monster in Gen isn't instanced and even then it's only difficulty comes in dumb-tier babbymode HR7 breaking.

Can't wait to see what G-rank Nakarkos is like. I wonder if it will have another form reveal like the jump from LR to HR.

>Nakarkos' other tentacles come into play
>4 dragon heads instead of 2
>other 4 tentacles are used to lift itself off the ground and tower above while you can't reach the 4 that are shooting element garbage and dragon lasers at you

>half of /mhg/ are bugchasing monstershota furfags
>the other half just shitposts about how much [current title] is shit and how you should not play it
What do we do to save /mhg/, bros?

It's not an anniversary title, it's Portable 4th.

Brave style will save monster hunter

I really think this is a giant flaw. The amount of hype around MHO's Yama and Shen Gaoren fights should tell Capcom that people actually like giant monster battles.

The solution to the "dps check" nature that monsters like Lao Shen have held is simply to make them endgame. Give them good weapons (uniquely great in one specific niche), good armors (unique skill would be a plus), and don't treat them as roadblocks for HR 5-7 players. Treat these big bastards with the respect they deserve!

More waifu posting! I'm claiming Aria! She's mine!

They need to release a good game again.

There hasn't been a good game since MH2, what's the point of hoping?

i think we'll be gettin yama in XX but i hope its not just yama.

A game better than Generations at least. That should be easy as we've never experienced a more soulless title, though I suppose it will now be tradition to rush out a game to milk the 5th gen engine for all it's worth and so forth.

By posting rooms and actually playing the game, but we already know that it won't happen.

Talk about stuff people like about the games. Maybe gather interest in the PSP games again and let people talk about them.

Simply don't acknowledge the presence of scalefags you dumbfuck

>The solution to the "dps check" nature that monsters like Lao Shen have held is simply to make them endgame
No, the solution is to make them more than a dps check.

3U exists though
No soul. Just rehashed Tri.

>tfw stunlock daren mohran with an amazing 70% affinity pierce HBG to the point that it surpasses it's DPS check and wont go into the next phase cause it just keeps getting triggered by the DPS
>being too good actually makes the fight last longer

Yeah, whether leakanon is right or wrong, Yama seems pretty obvious with new map and Great Thunderbugs.

Just saying though- there was a dead Shen Gaoren in XGen. People thought that was a hint at endgame- NAH. It was just a dead Shen Gaoren.

What would you like to see for Yama's set?
Assuming G-rank:
mid-range physical power, HIGH para. Like, an SnS should be around 250, White (purp with +1), 30-35 Para. That would be nice.

I don't know how to make the set good while maintaining the classic Yama skillset.

Jhen or Dah'ren?

t. scalefag

I'm acknowledging you, what are you gonna do about it, dragon-boy?

nibster

I know you're only kidding, but if G Rank games are just rehashes for you that must be very problematic. Wasn't that nice also, back when they actually made numerous tweaks to the games themselves instead of streamlining production to the point it is just tacked on? They used to actually need to use that time to make adjustments. It was just a small thing, but kind of charming.

Dahren by a LONG shot.

Jhen by a short shot.

I just really really want a monster pet

Is there a reason to play MHF1 when MHFU exists?

my least favorite part of 3U was the switch to dynamic shadows which look like blocky garbled shit on the 3DS. It also ruined the lighting engine and made torches look incredibly bad. I felt like there was some HDR color adjustment going on in darker places that made the light areas pop for great silhouette effects in Tri and they just completely removed that for 3U. Mining at the top area of Tri's volcano looked amazing with the camera facing towards the erupting magma in the background.

>back then
3U came out practically yesterday and it was a fucking last-gen title sold on a new and full priced handheld (or console).
You were Jewed on back then and you actually defend them now because of pure nostalgia.

Problematic

There's no reason to play anything pre 3rd gen.

How is it nostalgia if I enjoyed it at the time and played for nearly 3k hours?

So how tough are Green and Lucent Nargacuga anyway?

You should go back and find out.

>yesterday was 4 years ago

lucent is difficult.

I don't even remember what green's thing was.

Nargacuga's biggest flaw is how telegraphed everything it does is, which Lucent pulled a fuckeroo on by just straight up making the monster invisible.

I'm working my way there.

Yesterday was about seven years ago for me.

Green stunned you if it's shards caught you.

Why care about time when it'll all slip away? In the end nothing matters.

So Lucent is literally 'teleports behind u' the monster? Is it an even bigger dick about it than Chameleos?

Nah, IIRC Lucent only vanishes midjump, so if you pay attention to it's jump trajectory, you can keep track of it.
It's eyes also glow when pissed and invisible, so you can track it that way.

I hope theres a shitty graphics/45+fps mode in XX

Guys, I miss Gigginox

*jumps behind you*
*jumps onto the ceiling*
*screams*
I sure don't

*shits out egg*

*gets cucked by superior khezu*

I'd like a rework of Khezu where it uses electricty to power up their stretchy neck and lash it around like a whip or something.

Khezu just needs a rework, period. It's fucking stupid that so many monsters got new movesets, new tricks, new stuff added to them and khezu is still a damage sponge with an annoying AoE.

still better than gigginox, though

Extra expanded khezu would hunt.

Khezu in general is also Gunner bait

The subspecies need a rework. Deviants are what I'd expect a subspecies to be but the subspecies we have are basically just a different color with a status effect added or enhanced. Red khezu! It's khezu, but red!

Red Khezu has flipped weaknesses, wider thunderballs, and...that's it apart from not being an albino.

Red khezu spams more AOE and can be a tricky bastard, shitters get right into red khezu's paralysis trap.

I only wish for a ice element khezu deviant or something.

Technically speaking, they are already reworking Khezu as we are speaking.

Are you saying that because of Frontier or what

I wonder how infuriating a G-rank hyper khezu will be.

I didn't expect you to figure out so quickly. Now I'm sweating nervously.

Here brah
youtube.com/watch?v=jhtUb28kaqM

does peak performance and attack up stack?

Yes.

PP however conflicts with C+2 and LP+2.

thanks m8

>Drools are tears

At least in MH4U:

>gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/112500810582/mh4u-attack-effect-stacking
>Challenger > Peak Performance / Prudence > Latent Power

Back when GH made more useful stuff.

Khezu can drop wyvern tears.