/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

What's that smell? The old thread, oh, it sings to me... It's enough to make a man click: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RNiMosWCtzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

me

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

First for best weapon.

INSTANT TRANSMISSION

For real though does anyone know what happened here? I hit L1 and it did that but it's only happened one other time, I don't know how to replicate it.

Pretty sure one is an Armored Core game.

I know people want to see Sci fi Souls, but I'd like to see Stone Age Souls. It's in a time where you're by default vulnerable and weak, low tech, high lethality, an emergent humanity in an unexplored world of primal secrets. Classes like Warrior, Scout, Hunter, Shaman, Survivor, Sub-Human Runt, weapons centered around Axes, Clubs, Spears, Bows, Slings, magic involving the typical Flame and Bolt element stuff and miracles replaced by Beast Spirits and Ancestral Souls. And all of it with that dark fantasy flair, so you can mess around with the tech and armour types and be stuck to purely prehistoric style weapons - different types of stone, bone, crystal, ice, meteoric slag for weapons, various animal pelts and bone and bark for armour. The game could be about seeking the secrets of pre-humanity as the ice of an eon past begins to recede, to ensure survival of your people, but those secrets might still be guarded because of their inherent danger.

No.

That just sounds like Dark Souls with a fuckton less weapon and location variety

This game is so bullshit! What level do I have to be to have fun with this DLC?

It's generally recommended to be around BL60-70, basically around the same time you get to Mensis in the main game.

ur mom? lol get owned kid.,..

70 unless you're shit.

Everyone in this thread died.

The end.

As a result of low activity it's been decided that this shall be the final dream of /bbg/.

Thanks for the fantastic journey, everyone.

About time

The shitposts swirl and churn unending...

I'm going to do a return to Yharnam stream today in ~5 hours if anybody's down. I haven't played BB for months and I want to finally make a HMLS build.

Im back from work and am going to farm some more Watchers hoping for Blunt gems with suitible curses. I wont wait for anybody, but I'll be constantly ringing if anyone wants to join me.

Pass is bbg123 and glyph is pwmf22gu

>bl120, 99arc build
>invading in mergo
>messenger's gift on the stairs
>wait for the guy run past me
>kos parasite L2
>he's dead
I fucking love it, and when the people don't die I just beg for life and bow to start a proper duel
got some hate mails for it tho

where do I contact people from /bbg/ to coop? are you merging with /dsg/?

>BL4
>Licks myself in the dick irl
>Gets killed by invader in bloodborne for being afk

Anybody want to help with Nightmare of Mensis? This area is really kicking my ass. pass is bbg

I'll help, just tell me what lantern you're in and i'll ring.

first lamp

>Licks myself in the dick irl
what? interesting story tho

ranged mang.

Now we play the ringing game.

Hey, anyone that could give me a hand with Paarl? I am level 34.

The password is shitlord(lower case all the way)

i can help

I am beckoning. Does it take long?

Thanks a lot my dude!

Sorry I embarrassed myself user.

You got to the boss, that's all what matters. Now you can fight him in ease.

I whiffed my build by accident and now will have to take it to lvl 125, how will it affect my matchmaking?

FUCK MICOLASH

jist poison knife/shoot/magic/molotov him in the second phase

I already beat him, his aoe got me another time though holy fuck.

yeah the second phase is shit if he spams his aoe all the timeo

>get hit by one of the arcane shots
>get knocked down and he starts another one
You have to be ultra aggressive because he staggers so easily.

>tfw fighting Micolash as a no-firearm character

Anyone want to help me fight Lower Pthumeru Rom? I've fought and beaten this asshole several times solo on past characters but I don't feel like dealing with her and her spawn in that shit arena tonight. Pass is "Spiders"

Never mind, did it myself. Thanks anyway, dead thread

Sorry, away from my house. Would've helped if I could.

'salright, boo. Got through it eventually. Hopefully bloodletting beast won't be as tedious

Plz respond

Anyone wanna hold my hand through Forbidden Woods? I am level 40.

Password: muhautism

Sorry, muhautis

Yeah it fucking sucks that I am asay at college, would help anyone here

not much much, dob't worry about it. you will most likely come across 120 metafags and you will be able to summon them nonetheless. But kys for not keeping it at 98, unless you are a pure arc

Okay, I have a 50STR/30SKL/24ARC character that exclusively uses LHB and HMS. I've also just got to the FRC for the first time.
What versions (standard, uncanny, lost) of my weapons should I be gunning for and what gems should I be looking to farm to get the best overall use out of them? I use both forms of both weapons equally.

>50/34/25
for the uncanny wheel use flat arc gems (running transformed attack are amazing)
i think transformed hmls wikl be pretty weak at such a low arc but I think nourishing will be the best

Page 10 what the fuck

Alright /bbg/, let's hear it.

What are your two favorite weapons and your least favorite weapon, and why?

Optionally, favorite and least favorite bosses and areas as well, since I'm asking.

I really don't want /bbg/ to die
i love the wheel to smash filth and blades of mercy becuase how fucking cool dual wielding them is and kos parasite for it's L2 and goofy lookin animations (I love almost veryweapon tho it's insane)

I really hate reiterpallash it is a very shitty weapon if gay design desu (even though dual wielding transformed reiter and evelyn and two shottinf people on my bloodtinge build was fun)

Favorite boss is Amygdala FRC iI just love fighting her on my arc build and Ludwig is my all time favorite from all souls games.
Least favorite are Shadows and Micolash but I like his character so I don't care that much and cheeze him most of the time.
I love Fishing hamlet and Cainhurst and I hate The forbidden forest.
Also i love Valtr and Alfred and don't like Eileen

What is the most difficult weapon to use in pve (barring hand block)?

Hunter's torch

My favorite weapons are the Stake Driver and the Wheel, with the Moonlight Sword coming in a close second. Stake because I've always had a hardon for punchy weapons, but also just because I like its design, and Wheel because it's a goddamn wheel and that's dope.
Least favorite weapon is hands-down Ludwig's Holy Blade, because in a game where one of the more boring weapons is a handsaw cleaver, this thing is just a sword. It turns into a bigger sword. Quite thrilling. Also it just feels lame and boring to swing around, but the real reason is because it doesn't feel like it fits very well.

Favorite boss is probably Gehrman or Ludwig, for largely the same reason: Atmosphere. They're both dripping with so much character, they both have fantastic music, and their fights are both so intense and awe inspiring. That they're both tragic figures certainly helps, because that's one of my favorite character archetypes in general.
Least favorite is... hard to say, honestly. If I had to pick, it'd probably be One Reborn. Not only is it laughably easy, but the design just seems bland and uninspired. It's a big pile of meat and doesn't even have that great of a theme- or if it does, I never hear it because it's dead before it can get there. Just disappointing.

Favorite area is easily Yahar'gul. The place has so much flavor, and it feels so delightfully oppressive, so hostile, eerie. Seeing the aftermath of the Mensis Ritual for the first time, and everything it implied, was just... wow. That sense of dread as I crept through the place was stunning. Real nightmare to navigate though, place is a shithole.
Least favorite area is Hemwick or Forbidden Woods, but only in the sense of least favorite, I don't actually dislike either of them. They're both kind of a chore to push through every playthrough, but beyond that I like them just fine.

Chikage and HMLS, both may have a lackluster untricked from, the chikage way more so than the hmls, the movesets are incredibly satisfying to use and have very distinct feels compared to katanas and the mlgs of the previous games. Runner ups are burial blade and saif.
Least favorite is a tie between the tonitrus and boom hammer, both are l1 buffing hammers with incredibly limited movesets.

Favorite boss is definitely Ludwig, runner up is Abhorrent Beast in the chalice dungeons.
Least favorite boss is probably Rom.

Don't reply to tripfags.

stakedriver is a little tricky with its short range and poor hitboxes

beastcutter is also really slow, but that probably isnt a problem in PvE

>What are your two favorite weapons
Logarius' Wheel and Bloodletter.
I love them because they have very weighty and aggressive looking movesets. I also love the designs, despite the fact that I'm normally not a fan of oversized weapons.
>your least favorite weapon
Tonitrus and Rakuyo.
Tonitrus because it feels like a Dark Souls weapon, in the sense that it has a repetitive moveset and it doesn't transform. I do like its enormous damage output though, so sometimes I use it when I want to kill a boss very quickly.
Rakuyo is another weapon I don't really like, it has floaty animations.

Moonlight's untricked form is excellent, delete this

It's effective but boring
The r2 is stupidly good and the r1s are roll catch machines so I can't not use it but the only move I like on it is the trick attack.

One Reborn is a shit battle, but it has great music youtube.com/watch?v=RNiMosWCtzk

Bloodborne is not for juggalos

It's basically a slower Dark Souls claymore, nothing outstanding but enjoyable for its simplicity and effectiveness.
I find myself using it more than the tricked form (which is obviously what everyone who makes a moonlight build looks forward) because its beams aren't very useful compared to Accursed Brew and Black Skyeye due to their short range.

>where do I contact people from /bbg/ to coop? are you merging with /dsg/?
You just have to post a password here and people will come.

I would say it definitely depends on how you use them, the brew and eye are both nice but in pvp they're often incredibly telegraphed
The r2 can come out pretty quickly, but more importantly it can be held to switch up the timing and catch people dodging in, as the biggest hits on the hmls are the combination of the sword and beam on the r2.
As far as pve is concerned, I use the beams against the first two phases of amygdala and not much else, it's not a very good weapon for pve outside of the decent rally and untricked r2 spamming

the beams do a a similar damage like the accursed brew bt cost inly 1 bullet

Beast Claw with Beast's Embrace rune on

The damage is very good, my problem is the range.
In pve being able to walk while throwing Brew is also pretty useful.

>least favorite bosses
How can anyone mention anything other than Silverbeast?

Same reason no one says Brainsucker or Maneater Boar. They aren't bosses, they're enemies with healthbars. They don't count.

>this isn't in the actual game

I finally platted bloodborne completely offline
Guys, it was a wild ride
I feel like i did everything i could
First run doing every side quest to get the 3 umbilical cords, second run to get second ending and third speedrun to get the chalices and the third ending

Thank you guys

>pensa che sia finita qui

No, fanculo
È finita, non ho intenzione di giocarci un secondo di più
Appena Tiscali smette di fare la puttana scarico God Eater 2 e penserò a quello prima che esca FFXV
Sono esausto da bloodborne

Three playthroughs, and yet you still don't know thrre's a fucking screenshot button.

Congratz on the plat though

Weeb

I do, but mobile app for Chan>the hassle of uploading

When did soul games stop giving you a bit of health with each level up?
Did BB start this? Does Das3 need you to level health or does every stat give a little bit?

They stopped? I never noticed.

BB for sure doesn't give you a sprinkling of health with every level up.

Not sure about helath but I noticed DaS3 doesn't give you physical defence with each level. Not sure ownI feel about it tho

Wow this is the deadest the thread has been in days.

What happened?

from saturday

also from saturday

:^)

Oh no footage of me losing, how will I ever recover

Suicides an option.

On an arcane build using Holy Moonlight Sword, are 19.3% Radials and 21.5% All Atk Triangles the highest the percentages can go?

Strictly speaking, three 21.5% nourishings with +15 physical is as good as it gets, but that needs two offshapes, which would be a goddamn nightmare to grind for.