/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 7th:
1861 – American Civil War: Battle of Belmont: In Belmont, Missouri, Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant overrun a Confederate camp but are forced to retreat when Confederate
1885 – The completion of Canada's first transcontinental railway is symbolized by the Last Spike ceremony at Craigellachie, British Columbia.
1900 – Battle of Leliefontein, a battle during which the Royal Canadian Dragoons win three Victoria Crosses.
1900 – The People's Party is founded in Cuba.

>News
EU4 DD 01/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-november-2016.979421/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P0psF0cnLHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for we want mosley

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Would you like to commit crime?

4th for BASED gaddafi

BTFO

6th for monarchism

8th for the Falange Española y de las JONS

Based Mosley is pretty wizard.

9th for bretoniums

Reminder to encourage and partake in Franzposting.

Anons please help, how do I add Canomer's Map to Miscmods? Every time I try it doesn't stick

>Muscowy

triggered

Wasn't there already a mod called DAO-miscmods or something like that?

It changed the map, added the peace of god/years of rice scenarios, and kept mostly everything else intact.

>le christians won
Mods used to be so simplistic.

Well, that wasn't a mod, more like a scenario for a mod. The mod was pretty big desu, it completely changed the map, added provinces, modified values in provinces to make the Muslim world richer (as it should be, EU3 was shit outside of Europe), and made the Ottomans much stronger iirc. The extra scenarios were just add-ons.

It wasn't a simple mod at all desu, but probably the best mod out there, unless you liked the other shit like MEIOU.

D&T was the best mod.

Post your worst recent run.

I remember that existing, but everything relating to DAO or Miscmods + Canomer is gone from the internet as far as I can tell

That's why I'm wondering how to add Canomer to Miscmods without it being rejected

or if anyone could make a link, i'd appreciate it

Deaf in Texas? Please.

No one in /gsg/ liked that shit, it was a meme. MEIOU was seen as ok because it sort of increased difficulty, meanwhile D&T made the game way easier.

How did you made that to 1936 lmao

Have they changed the way feudalising works for your vassals in CK2? My vassals sure love taking their sweet time adopting it now compared to before when they would do it instantly.

ayy

>D&T made the game way easier
This is just a shitty meme posted by people who never even played it. It's much more complex than vanilla that's for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=P0psF0cnLHE

What's the best thing to do with India? Should I just take the coastal provinces and give them all to trade companies or should I instead core and state the entire subcontinent and then take trading ides for the three extra merchants to steer that dosh home.

>uniting japan as a daimyou
>the shogun keeps giving me ducats
this nigga got a NTR fetish or something

I guess going for the New World did pay off.

Sadly I got cucked trying to help Granada (and so did Portugal, who guaranteed Granada) and fell behind a lil in tech. I couldn't stop Castille and now they're pretty strong.

>The Brazil

why is prestige capped at 100 in eu4

>google'd "brasil in arabic"
>got albarasil

You think I give a rat ass about some goatfucker sandnigger language?

R&I = Shillary
Discord = Drumpf
Steamgroup = Bernie (based)

The guy who used millions in campaign donations to buy a house and fund his retirement is based? good goy

End result of my Eu4-Vic2 game
Pretty decent if you think that i only focused on integrating the colonies and building up the industry
and that i skipped around 30years

1444 to 1836 Map

And Victory Screen

Why does Paradox love Ottomans so much?

>92% literacy
you tried.

They're the main characters of history

All of my colonies are states and i skipped to 1936 around 1906
And that from the 95M only 8% is Illiterate on vanilla vic2 is pretty good if you ask me

Because the only game you play is EU4 appearently

I did this a week or two ago.
Combine the individual mods' folders into one.
Use the .mod file for CanOmer's map, rename it to match the combined mod folder.
Edit the domesticpanel.gfx, menubar.gfx, and temp_frontend.gfx files in the interface directory. They have some filepaths that need to match the name of the combined mod folder. Or you can just leave the two individual mod folders there.

Freakin' Epic Bro!

For some retarded reason nordicucks are brainwashed into believing that muslims are people and shit zerg sandniggers.
I can't describe the magnitude of retardation and blatant taqiya they eat up and repeat like it is the universal truth.
Have personally witnessed situations where even the muslim roach that was spouting taqiya and blatant lies was dumbfounded by the way a Swede distorts and interprets his lies.

A small example.
My ancestors preferred to die and to chop of their childrens fingers to being part of ottoman army. Imagine, you despise someone so much that you choose to chop of your own 5 years olds fingers so he doesn't become a janissary. Imagine choosing to starve in a forest on a mountain, leaving a life of comfort behind so you can kill more turkshits.
Then some braindead swedecuck gives ottomans +3 tolerance of heathens.
It is like giving a gutter hooker +3 to chastity.
+5 discipline to the zerg roach army that was the epitome of an unruly horde of shitskins.
And the pips they gave to yaye and azabs are disgustingly inappropriate considering they were the shittiest of shit. Even comparing them to a knight is an insult.

Paradox is chock full of muslim dick loving cucks that have 0 grasp of history and reality.
Get cancer Johan, die in your own shit.

I like this post.

Couldn't agree more.
In EU4, Ottomans are literally diversity quotas.

DICE(Swedish devs) also made the Ottomans the good guys in Battlefield 1

You reminded me how hard I cringed when I played Age of Empires 3 and T*rks somehow turned out to be the good guys.

f*ckin epic post man!! remove k*bab haha!! (dont wanna get banned for sayin that :) )

Speaking of turks and governments in general I dont know why you cant establish vassals without ahistorical client states

Hell the millet system was a vassalage system. Paradox games dont truley show local government and vassal autonomy and in games where vassalage is huge its not even done historically (ck2)

Ck2 vassals shouldnt be a thing unless you have medium and up crown authority, and only family held lands at medium. The tributaries should be the vassals and the vassals should get events on liege passing if it wants to go outside of realm.

I also hate how you can establish empires without the popes consent as a chrsitian.

Also you cannot establish new duchies

Everyone knows shits fucked

hahahah epic post my man! we really showed those damn mudslimes! as a straight white male can anyyone else here reconfirm my supremacy? f*ckinig epic meme laddo :^DDDDDDDDDD post your white pride memes laddo this is /pol/ now. also P.S. please post them quick ive got school tomorow so need to go to bed :(((( (i hate jeremy stop bullying me! histroy is cool to my grossgermanium will show you!)

Going to play CK2 for the first time, should I bother with any mods or should I play vanilla?

You'll get bored of vanilla in a few hours anyway

Can the Netherlands still spawn even if Burgundy was reduced to pretty much only them?

Peninsula finally halfway secured. Wish this mod allowed vassals to give 50% of their tradepower to you, since that's pretty much a monopoly over 3 nodes, but whatever, the development leech is enough I guess

insightful

Only mods worth in CK2 are alternate worlds (GoT, TES).

Don't bother with (((improvement))) projects.

Remember the old times /gsg/?

Civ 3 is best civ game

civ 6 is exactly 2 times better

when did that faggot become a meme?

Ah, fuck it, I'm going to test by letting the game run for ~40 years. This is why I don't ironman.

4>6>3>5
haven't played the others

>tfw no one pays attention to my memes

t.cobrah

Outside subsidies, are there in EU4 ways to encourage colonizers to, you know, colonize?

They don't love the Ottomans. It's just the Ottomans were indeed a threat for Europe at the timeframe of EU4. They didn't advance further because Poland, of all countries, didn't allow them.

If you're talking about the recent buff they got due to institutions: this was a side-effect of a new mechanic. The Amerindians also got buffed, Paradox still needs to tweak the mechanics. (They will do it.)

btfo

What's the extent of großhungariums? Not just pre-trianon, but größer.

>all that
>7k industrial score

o i am laffin

I think 1880 Hungary is the largest. You can justify also blobbing into Austria (Magyar-Austrian Empire).

Who else /daydreams about playing gs/?
Since I came to the conclusion that Paradox is irreversibly jew'd, I decided to imagine about playing /gs/.

I am currently on a campaign as Albania. I started off by modernizing and secularizing the country, getting rid of corruption, improving infrastructure and education and performing some financial reforms.

I am slightly worried about Greece. They got a nationalist government up, and there have been some tensions in Southern Albania from the Greek minority. They might try to pull a "Crimea v2".
I have endorsed Assad in Syria and have sent over ý0 million $ worth of equipment and aid. This has damaged my relationship with USA, but this might change if Trump wins the elections.

I am also in the middle of a seemingly fair solution with Serbia about Kosovo. Albanian majority southern side joins us, Serbian majority northern side joins Serbia.
I am still not sure about my obligations to the Albanian minority in Republic of Macedonia.

So far I am trying to maintain a relative isolationist foreign policy and reasonable tax rates that allow economic growth. Our debt is over 60% of GDP, but with our stable growth and recent surplus, it shouldn't concern us too much.

$50 million*

>/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We've all already read this lame and unfunny post last time you did it.

this makes me sad for some reason

Last time I was playing as S.Africa though.

It's just weird how strong their bonuses are compared to the tasks they have to accomplish, while countries with arguably harder challenges, like Russia get relatively mediocre stuff. I'm not saying Russia is hard to play, I'm saying that they are harder to play than Ottomans since they actually have formidable neighbours near them that can pose an existential threat at some point in time unless Russia plays their cards right. Sometimes Russia doesn't form at all, due to Denmark grabbing Novgorodian clay and it's ok, not every game needs to be the same.
Personally I'd prefer if they got Russian treatment - it's much more fun to play a nation that actually has some challenges ahead of it instead of getting everything for free.
Or they could keep the ridiculously strong bonuses, but start out with decent aggressive expansion by default, some revanchism in Serbia, fuckloads of revanchism in Byzantine and provinces that actually have rebels in them, Bulgarian and Byzantine ones namely. This would up the level of the challenge somewhat while keeping the feeling of overwhelming strength.

Idk I like it. I also have gs-inspired geopolitical fantasies. Everyone should have some creative outlet, you know? I like making alt-history maps and shit, and learning scripts for weird languages.

Interesting, but why poland?

personal union in 14th and later in 15th century

treeeeddit

So I'm finally getting into HoI 4 and I started a game as Japan. I prepped for war with China, made up the front line and the advance line...and my general completely ignored it as the Chinese encircled it.

What the fuck is going on with this shit?

Did you click on the "execute order" button?

Control the troops yourself don't automate them

Hmm after re reading my post it does seem sort of reddit but I intended for it to have more of an /r9k/ sounding voice

Yea, I'd just hoped they'd finally managed to make an AI that can handle at least simple tasks.

I really don't want to have to micromanage every single fucking thing.

Is there a reason this thread was made so fucking early?
The old thread still has 30 posts to go you fucking retards

Calm down, remember the AI that fucked up your task is the AI other countries use. You don't have to micromanage much because of this and still can conquer like half of the world easily

Steamcord made a thread which got deleted, then the real OP made this one to counter their shitposting.

Now it just kinda exists until the old one hits bump limit.

>Yea, I'd just hoped they'd finally managed to make an AI that can handle at least simple tasks.
Dunno, I conquered Soviet Union and Germany as democratic Poland by clicking on borders, drawing huge sloppy arrows into the enemy borders and just pressing GO. It all comes down to making enough divisions and enough guns, this game is anything but hard.

A shitposter from reddit called BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS likes to control the OP and get the first post in the thread. He's also in the steamgroup.

What map mod?

New HPM when?

That's because most enemies Russia/Muscovy needs to fight against are hordes; the most developed one they'll probably find [assuming no player intervention] is the Commonwealth, who's Eastern. If they're buffed, they blob into Scandinavia.

On the other hand, the Ottomans need to deal with the same Commonwealth... plus Austria [Western], Venice [Western], Spain [who likes to blob into the region due to Naples, also Western].

So. This is basically the result of railroad done wrong.

But yeah, I get they're too strong to be sane - I have the Ottomans as a vassal and they managed to somehow be more efficient than France fighting wars in Europe.

Someone got so butthurt about the R&I post he made this thread more than a hundred posts earlier.
If mods did their job this thread wouldn't exist.

Someone literally just wanted to be first for Mosley

Many will oppose

>anorexia
ew

They did do their job though