/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Unlocalized MMOs
pastebin.com/uZyHtnDD

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home

Previous thread:

*i enter the room and accidently drop my towel*
oh no

*walks out silently*

*rape*
oh yes

I'm just playing the JP version

Guessing everyone is asleep or at work.

Anyone playing Dragon nest? I remember it being pretty fun but such a grind to level up, might be interesting to try again with the free level 80 event that's going on.

Ping?
How much does the higher (if so) ping affect you?

sleep snug, smug

Sleep snug, smug :3

I don't even know.. I have to play through a VPN, so I'm just messing around and not playing it seriously or anything.

The netcode is same as elsword

Why do physician's bother with magma wave? Being a fire skill when you stack dark natively should mean it does like 0 damage in comparison once you're actually geared. Feels like it just eats up time and bubbles that could be spent on something else.

lots of people here, in SEA Green/West and in NA

>such a grind to level up
I don't remember it ever being too grindy outside of 60-70 GG spamming, but you can reach cap in like 10 hours now without even really trying

Twin Saga or Dragomon Hunter?

death

Aura Kingdom

Same devs as Aura Kingdom, TS is just a shitty reskin and Dragomon Hunter it's Monster Hunter and Pokemon with shitty combat

> Monster Hunter and Pokemon with shitty combat

So Monster Hunter and Pokemon?

:^)

I've already played enough Aura Kingdom in the past. I don't mind the reskin, just want something relatively comfy. Those devs proved to deliver at least that much.

I like twin saga.

I just don't like how they made unlocking new summons require so much time and effort.

Anyone wants to run dailies on DN SEA green/west?

What's the absolute best tank class in Dragon Nest?

Guardian

Guardian

>best
>tank
does not compute

Getting summons in AK was tedious too, in my opinion.

t. DPS shitter

I see you don't play DN

>Thinking every tank is the same.

>hurr durr what is a Provocation effect

>provoke
user...

>Start the game
>It gives you 'fast leveling growth item set' which will be more relevant than anything you ever encounter up until the max level
Way to kill the fun of equipment variety and the joy of seeing your character in different outfits and with different weapons.

I understand when games do this for 'veteran' users who just want to skip all the content as fast as possible with a new class but this is just stupid.

Ded loli walking

Is anyone playing the beta of Albion online? What do you think of it so far?

From what I have seen in reviews and videos on youtube and such it looks like a lot of fun. (I love crafting)

Academic is lewd

>Genre is so dead it can barely sustain a general dedicated to it

All of us are too busy playing games, right guys?

Yeah

sure senpai

When are they going to reveal Douglas in kekcea's dad?

is albion online actually any good? looks like a tablet game

>company name is "sandbox games"
>the game is braindead linear (runescape combined with moba tier combat), buy2play and has pay2win in it
god bless goty of the year

>online in the title
No.

Is that game even fun?

No.

But I want to collect all the waifus.

It was pretty fun and this is coming from someone who prefers action mmo.

>want to play mabi
>can never get over the clunk, awful combat
Why is it so bad?

It's good for playing dress up.

Thanks I'll try it out.

Aren't all mmos good for dress up?

Some more than others.

In PSO2 I had like 50 different costumes.

post best girls

don't die

>try to put "Mancer" in my name
>not a single game I play allows it

I just want to be Snugmancer

Can I get a list of all relevant MMORPGs that are NOT
>Diablo or WoW-like in control scheme, point-and-click heavy, or otherwise not allowing any direct control over the character
>Almost 100% instanced with lobbies and/or an open world bridging instanced levels
>Strictly social/crafting with no combat mechanics at all
>Region-locked OUTSIDE of the US (lock out EU and AUS all you want) or in non-english only with no translation available
>Not even remotely RPGs, i.e. MMOFPS, sportsball games, and Elsword

Cookie clicker.

Black Desert Online

Kingdom o Loathing

>can I get a list of video games that aren't video games?
To answer your question, Second Life.

Did you not read the NOT?

Everything in greentext is something I'm NOT looking for and games with such traits need not apply.

A game that could fit within the description given is Maple Story. It's shit, but it fits the description. Wakfu as well.

MapleStory.

Wakfu

lol
Maplestory and Wakfu are region locked.
Nice try tho.

Why is it called Wafuku?

Wakfu is like 95% instance based, you stupid little nigglet.

Did/does anyone play Herowarz?

I completely forgot about it until I found it's folder on my computer.

Wakfu and maple story are available in the US and I don't have to use a VPN to play them (the "global" version, that is)

The battles are instanced but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about lobby systems, or the "overworld" being a level select screen like what Vindictus does.

sorry for being not so clear on that.

elsword

If I use a class change coupon in DN, will I have to rebuy all of the skills for the new class?

Yes. Mildly entertaining, ends in endless grind of the same missions like every other Korean MMO (but it feels like it's a lot faster in this game) but the NA dev team is actually attempting to completely change how all the characters play as compared to the Korean version for some retarded reason.

Maybe just for the third spec

*feels like it hits that point a lot faster

Obviously.

How dead is Mabinogi?

the dedest of the ded.

>Even games where the game is set in an MMO is dead.
I was thinking of getting a WoW Token with gold but then I remembered I'd have to actually buy the expansion. It hurts.

>elsword
>cute waifus
>clean art style
>fast combat and flashy attacks
>everyone says it's garbage
i-is it really that bad? It looks like fun.

The official server is P2W.
Private server is behind in content.

I don't know. I remember trying it years ago, all the P2W garbage like having stats in the cash shop turned me away.

>full of hackers
>p2w
>fun

Only good thing about is E L E S I S

To the user advising me not to donate in void, i still did. The elesis dress v2 was the best one i bought last time.
just like says, the official server sells everything including skill slots(instead of having 8 skills slots, you're given only 4 while you need to buy an item to unlock the other 4 slots for 800 or 900k chings(roughly $9 assuming $1=100k-chings). While private servers are way to behind in content.

my comrade.

play Void instead and it's not that bad

my wife

>master1200

Elesis is shit though.

You're shit.