/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Intellivision_emulators
launchbox-app.com/premium
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does mednafen have PGXP now

Anyone get Zone of the Enders 2 running at 60fps with no slowdowns?

Not me

Whats the best Intellivision emulator?

Beetle PSX does

MAME according to our wiki

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Intellivision_emulators

>tfw RA's release schedule is hectic, chaotic and the stables are no better than nightlies

At least the models look sharp and clear

If someone can, s/he owns a supercomputer

I think maybe they should do release candidates and call on the community to test them before making an official release.

I bet SP will say this is too much work for him to manage

OpenEmu uses "Bliss". I am unable to find much information on its level of accuracy.

Hell, I can't find much info on _anything_ pre-crash (that isn't fucking Atari).

Hence, "call on the community"

That's why I said manage though since he has to at least have some input on managing their efforts. Perhaps they could try to minimize it but generally you have to code around stables and try not to be in the middle of implementing big features or big changes in the code during them. You have to have roadmaps and all that, which is on SP's end even if it's the community that tests it. SP would probably want them to just generally look for bugs and report them.

What's the difference between mednafen and beetle psx

Beetle PSX is a libretro fork of Mednafen PSX with some extra features like hires rendering, OpenGL support, overclock, PGXP, etc.

Does it have more bugs?

Is the performance similar?

>tfw at end of the game already

GL renderer has more bugs because it's not finished. Performance is still being improved as well.

I ser

Thanks for answering

Emulating Persona 4 on PSCX 2, game looks and runs great but I'm getting a strange shadow/colour shape glitch when I'm at the house or the shopping district. Using DX3D 11 HW with no Skipdraw, I do have MSAA and AF turned up to max and am running custom resolution 1080p

I decided to try RPCS3 today, and holy shit.

The guys behind it don't get enough praise around here.

Graphically very satisfactory for some games (that actually boot), and I got at least half of the fps. I got it running at fullspeed on Recompiler, but it is a glitchfest.

At this rate, they will eventually "surpass" PCSX2 and get better optimization and less glitches for most games, and we might just play PS2 games on their "remastered" PS3 ports with better results.

thank mooch

How is the state of 3DS emulation?
PSX tier
N64 tier
or XBOX tier
I wanna play some pakeeman

N64-tier.

holy shit dude why can't you spell acronyms? lol

Good enough for me

How good is PS2 emulation? Is my PC good enough to run PS2 games (Silent Hill 2 & 3, Persona 3 & 4, SMT Nocturne, Dark Cloud 2) at 1080p and at least 30fps capped?

If not what about 720p and 30fps capped?

Thanks, Mooch.

Wut?

lol your CPU is shit, you fucking idiot. Buy Intel next time.

>Is my PC good enough to run PS2 games (Silent Hill 2 & 3, Persona 3 & 4, SMT Nocturne, Dark Cloud 2)
Yeah, probably. Those are pretty lightweight games.

muh botnet

>29C idle on an AMD CPU
Damn, nice.

intel isn't a botnet, dumbass. the cpus have no ethernet controller embedded in them lol

Really or are you just being sarcastic?

I usually see AMDshit running at 50C idle.

To be fair that's an old screenshot.

What are some heavy games? I never thought that Silent Hill 2 and 3 would be considered lightweight?

Does PCSX2's new OGL post-processing hack works per-game?
I tested Matrix Path of Neo yesterday and it was missing graphical effects even on OGL.

>What are some heavy games?
SotC and GT4 are pretty insane, they would probably run like shit on your CPU though.

GT4 runs like a blurred slideshow on my PC even on Hardware mode.

I don't really want to run those. SotC I can run on my PS3 with the HD port. Honestly most PS2 games i'm interested in have HD ports or ports on other systems so these are the leftovers that i'd want to emulate.

So i'd be able to run them pretty well on my system? That makes me happy.

It runs gr8 on my PC until I play a level with a ton of cars and then I run out of VRAM.

Give it time, there is talk of extensions for enabling hardware based DRM.

All I heard from emugen was that nothing runs at full speed except turd downloadable games

It doesn't need one because you willingly connect your computer to the Internet and Intel just uses that to send them all the data they want.

I thought they already implemented that in skylakes? Maybe im getting mixed up with one of those future architectures?

Guard your precious Haswells and Kabelakes jealously. Soon Intel will disable all pirated games in a flash--for any companies willing to pay them a sizable fee anyway.

Yes, security enclaves are already in Skylake.

What does this mean for the average user of a PC?

Hardware based DRM in future once DRMs start using the SGX extensions. Meaning games being much, much tougher to crack. Malware could abuse it too, conversely.

For the average braindead end user, it doesn't change anything, since they are too busy buying every single product and shit.

I'm talking about average users of PCs who pirate everything obviously. Will it affect anything but games?

And movies. And DRMed music. Whatever media you use on a PC basically, anything that uses DRM in some way.

Which is a awful lot. It could go to webbrowsers. HTML5 already has extensions for DRM that Netflix asked for.

It all amounts to anything that companies want control over. Which is a metric shitton.

If this only affects the actual crack groups though why wouldn't crackers just buy up a ton of old hardware to do their work on?

Pretty much all media. Gotta love progress?

Good point, they would have to then do things on that old hw to work around shit. Untill you end up with a situation where some games start using useful shit like new vector extensions in the new processors in the future, or whatever else might come up in the future.

Yeah that is tough for future games, but for movies and music and the like that is a lot less of an issue, because you can work with a movie on pretty much anything modern and there shouldn't really be much added overhead for quite a long time.

>they would have to then do things on that old hw to work around shit.

things like working around the security enclave usage and things. If that would be possible, of course.

Depends on how the future enclave stuff works. I wonder if they will be kept a industry secret even, leaving warez groups to work around this shit blind, since even disassemblers would have no clue. Like ripping shit from iTunes.

How long til the FLOSS community starts building their own CPUs to try to assure their freedom in the future?

and then disassembling itunes code to spit out unencrypted copies. I think how its done now is that Fairplay components are hacked, not 100% sure.

Is "input lag" solely due to the display? Are there any displays specifically designed to minimize or eliminate input lag?

But then wouldn't they be locking out existing bluray players from being able to play new blurays that somehow only interface with hardware which has the new DRM, wouldn't they?

1. No
2. Yes, reduce but never eliminate; that isn't possible.

By eliminate I mean bring it down to levels comparable to the analog displays the games were originally designed for.

>Is "input lag" solely due to the display?
No.
>Are there any displays specifically designed to minimize or eliminate input lag?
CRTs.

I may be wrong but I don't think LCDs can ever get down to the level of CRTs as far as input lag.

From what I understand, the proposed enclave feature on Skylake and above is to control how memory can be accessed in a process, so it cannot even be accessed from processes in higher priv levels. Which is exceptionally powerful. It is a CPU feature used on PC software.

This feature would be good for software Bluray players yes, to protect how keys are acquired. So if they come up with a new storage media in the future and new software uses this new CPU feature, yeah, its a problem.

AFAIK, all the progress done on Bluray ripping was done in the beginning by debugging software bluray players like WinDVD to get decryption keys.

The world is moving toward totalitarian state bit by bit. Soon emudevs will become pariahs and enemies of the state.

Could they enforce that on BDXLs which eventually could replace regular BDs once 4k is popular enough, or is that standard already set and its decoders aren't using this CPU feature?

Dunno about BDXLs.

Can anyone help me figure out step-by-step on how to disable the curvature effect in RA's CRT shaders? I can't figure this shit out.

MAME, believe it or not. It's pretty good for most of the older consoles & computers like Atari family of machines, Colecovision, Apple II, MSX, and a few others. It even emulates the base Genesis very well.

Bro, MAME fucking sucks at Atari 8-bit. It can't pass most of Acid800.

What do I do?

Just got a DS4. DS4Windows still the choice software?

Yep.

Turn off skipdraw and use gsdx SW

thanks

They won't. The means of production ("the foundries") will only serve clients that pay for massive runs of whatever design they come up with.

The FLOSS community does not have the cash to do that kind of bulk order. Even if they did, there are certain other considerations the chip foundries are used to getting as a matter of course that are highly unlikely with a volunteer-driven community.

Pretty much. Once Apple finishes locking down OS X my computing days are over. There is no one left to run to, and I am just not gonna deal with the Linux community and its bullshit.

Would likely be governed by an extension to the Blu-Ray spec. You're already fucked.

But the question is: is that extension already made and thus they cannot really alter it to add in the requirements for these hardware DRM CPUs to play back BDXL at all? There are already BDXLs out there I assume in very limited quantities, so maybe it was formalized too early for integration with this tech. Also I wonder how people with AMD CPUs would handle not being able to playback movies just because their CPUs don't support Intel DRM.

ahk is so fucking easy to use.

>launchbox-app.com/premium
>$50 for a front end

So like.. do we have a crack for this? What the fuck.

Competition keeps us safe.
who would've guessed.

Why do you hide folders?

Tell AMD to increase their per core power so I can buy AMD

secrets n stuff.

I wonder how difficult this will be to maintain...?

>difficult to maintain
as difficult as keeping up with ra's development I suppose.
ra adds/removes and changes options CONSTANTLY.
Eventually, I'll get bored and fork a version i'm satisfied works well enough and that will be the source for the base ra install...but it's not even done yet: I still want to add a tab for XMB stuff, auto-select a core for rom-launching, etc...

>ra adds/removes and changes options CONSTANTLY.
>Eventually, I'll get bored and fork a version i'm satisfied works well enough
Sounds like we're kind of boned if RA gets some good features after that though

>ra adds/removes and changes options CONSTANTLY.
Why is it necessary for RA to do this anyway?

Use 1.3.6 then.

Actually nothing has been removed other than configurations per-core, just some tidying up.

No need to spread FUD

Would changes even affect his GUI anyway? As it basically just sets the option's parameters. I guess if the possible parameters change then yeah but the under the hood stuff shouldn't matter other than that

Does anyone here know their way around Virtual Machines? I've been trying to set up a Win98 on Virtual Box, but I've failed miserably multiple times.

The most demanding games are slow, but not slow as in waiting one full minute for the character to move, which is a big deal these days, especially when it's PS3/Cell we are talking about.
But yeah, no big triple A games even boot at the moment, most are weeb shit, licensed games and downloadable games, but it does have some interesting progress for stuff like MvC3 or Virtua Fighter 5.

What is the problem?

>but not slow as in waiting one full minute for the character to move, which is a big deal these days,
So these are the new standards for emulation. Beautiful. As long as it doesn't take a minute to process and respond to input it's a big deal!