/acg/ - Armored Core General: Depressing Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>I can see you

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Your brown skin shining in the sun

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>You got your hair combed back and your sunglasses on, baby

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

This thread is deader than Raylonard.

If this thread reaches page 10, Celebrity Ash is the new king of /acg/.

anyone watching brave witches?

>just over halfway through Votoms
>two recap episodes
How many more of these will I have to suffer through?
Holy crap, Kummen arc is suffering. RIP Poltaria's waifu, RIP Ypsilon, RIP Ypsilon's radical AT, RIP Kidera, and RIP Kanjelman who was right but did everything wrong.
One of the neighbors walked in the wrong house. Quite silly.
I'm helping "playtest" a revised Dive In The Sky ruleset, does that count?

>playtes

fanmade or do you work with board games companies?

Veeky Forums Homebrew Production Incorporated & Associates Firm International.

>Veeky Forums

The only board that gets shit done.

Player Ravens excluded, which Raven/LYNX do you think is the best pilot?

>pic
I understand that this is a Unsunng with some nice decals, but the part where he lose his emblem for another skull decal trigger me.

If we dont count the super AI pilots, probably Zinaida and Joshua

Joshua is pretty overrated. His top feats are:

>being the only pilot other than the player and Berlioz who is smart enough to mix and match his parts
>destroying a bunch of borderline immobile pseudo-arms forts or even failing to destroy them if you consider the hard mode version canon
>ganking the shit out of Mary Shelley
>destroying that one other major corporation in AC4 (which probably wasn't much of a feat, considering they wouldn't have had Prototype NEXTs to defend them like Rayleonard did)
>destroying a bunch of civilian infrastructure in the final mission, then jobbing to the player character

bump.

Best girl.
I agree with , O'Brien was a tool.
FA White Glint is disqualified for being a player LYNX.
Hustler One isn't human because he has no nose and his wife is a robot. Disqualified.
Leon Klein is disqualified for being a player Raven.
Stinger is cool and I love him, but the man is a chronic jobber even when he gets his hands on the ultimate weapon.
There's nobody left but best girl.

all heil the quenn of /acg/

In terms of raw ability, we're looking at Evangel or Zinaida. I think it's implied that Evangel beats Zinaida when using the super biped pulverizer, but Zinaida beats him in ACs.

In the AC4/V era, almost certainly Maggie. It's implied that she would be another dark raven had she not been injured by reaper squad, and even after injury she gives the real dark raven a run for his money.

Leos Klein is also up there. He was the original Nine Breaker, and the only pilot powerful enough to kill the Hustler One AI. I think it's implied that at his peak, he could take on the strongest AC in the world at that time, 3-4 times in a row without stopping.

On top of that, Leos Klein continued killing Ravens up into his 90s. If he had tried the mars uprising back in his prime, he would have certainly succeeded.

All 3 of those pilots qualify as "the most powerful pilots of their time". Joshua wasn't even the most powerful Lynx, and was beaten by someone (Anatolia's mercenary) who was noticeably weaker than Strayed

So yeah, ignoring player characters:
1. Leos Klein at his peak
2. Zindaida or Evangel at their peak
3. Maggie at her peak

I don't think you can just discount Leos Klein. While he's a player raven during MoA, he goes on and does a bunch of bad ass stuff after that game. He is largely the reason why Ravens were banned on earth for being just simply too powerful.

Here's a question:

Who is the WORST pilot in all the games, not counting arena (Missions only)?

My vote goes to KILLDOZER or maybe even RD.

Gotta be Flame Fly.
The post clearly says
>Player Ravens excluded
Klein is one of those.

>Maggie
I never got the feeling that she was such a good pilot. When is this implied? I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since the English translations have a reputation for leaving things out, but I really can't see it. Her boss fight wasn't even particularly challenging either, it was just a basic 1v1 match up.

V era is lacking good pilots in general. Chief was actually pretty challenging and competent, but he's disqualified under the AI category.

Wonderful Body is much worse than Killdozer.

I'd definitely put RD on the list of trash pilots though, along with all the police in V.

Flame Fly.

The whole dialogue of her and reaper squad is that she was a dark raven candidate that was shot down and injured by them, and they wanted her to join, so that implies she was at least the most powerful raven in the world at the time of her peak since the Reaper Squads goal was to eliminate and control the potential dark ravens.

But he's also one of the most powerful ravens even when the player isn't controlling them. It would make sense he would only improve after MoA until he started getting too old

Is he really the worst? He has just parts but killdozer is laughably bad, if you stand still he can't even hit you

*junk

ded thread

Not on my watch.

Dead game
Dead server