freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wMjzJKTE
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/stats/795765733
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795765733
youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU
youtube.com/watch?v=rziG2gn-eQ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has anyone tried the online functionality with game maker? Is it difficult?

I'm a big retard who doesnt know anything but i wanna make a digimon virtual pet thing but with online fights

I'm back to working on this for a while.

I made a boss and I think I'm getting a little closer to that Bangai O feeling that I want.

Just forget about multiplayer for now. You probably wont even be able to make a virtual pet game any time soon. Start small and work your way up. Multiplayer is too difficult for a beginner.

Does anyone know how to remove export variables in gdscript in godot?
I had slapped an export onto one of my variables and now (with the export removed) I think the system still thinks the export is there because I can't change the variable value
Thank you

Made a tamagotchi game but with nukes.

The background being this saturated hurts my eyes but your game looks juicy

progressio deep dish edition

How do I get good at making a story for a game?

>> Engines
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
>Godot: godotengine.org
>Haxe: haxeflixel.com
>LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com
>Unity: unity3d.com
Why no XNA or Pygame or Allegro?

XNA/Monogame isn't an engine
Pygame has horrendous performance
Allegro isn't an engine

By thinking of "the story" as "everything that happens to the player, including the choices they make."

Pygame isn't worth using. If you want Python-like syntax use Godot.

FUCKING DELETE THIS

is rpg maker suitable for making a VN game?
or is there an engine more suited for that genre you would recommend

RenPy was quite literally made for this.
There's also tyranobuilder on steam

Anyone here have any experience with GM:S networking? I've got it doing exactly what I want finally but sending data from the server to the clients for some reason causes an insane amount of lag on the servers game.

I've narrowed the problem down to exactly when it sends.

pastebin.com/wMjzJKTE

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Project Sunshine (placeholder)
Dev: eternal
Tools: Unity
Web: None yet
Progress:
+ Mostly finished debugging first boss.
+ Updated old lasers to make them work with new code.
+ Figured out how to use SendMessage.
- Ran into issues with WebGL build.

i'll do the art for your game

post art

You can dash through the blue bullets, but not the others. Debating whether to go full Ikaruga with this.

reposting engine progress. Testing my file importer.

Pygame is awful. Maybe only if they're teaching kids python and want to use their interest in making games.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Sim Loli
Dev: user
Tools: C++
Web: n/a
Progress:
+ Added in skin/hair/eye palette swaps for the new graphics
+ Added in mutliple tabs to the NPC status GUI for health, sexual, etc.
+ Fixed some bugs in sprite-fonts and GUI buttons
+ Worked on saving/loading
- Still a bunch of saving/loading work to do ;_;

>tfw you're a failure and will never finish a game

next up, antialiasing

Having added an orbit cam, the problem is even more obvious. I'm definitely going to have to have the camera move in sync with the planet rotation -- this looks really, really stupid.

Bleh.

You need to mute the background color a bit, but everything else looks pretty good.

Why isn't your cam maintaining the same rotation as your ship when you zoom in?

wish me luck, dev brethren

You engine dev right? You got any tips for someone making there own engine?

This is the kind of shit your game will be put up alongside of in the weekly recap.

Don't.

and?

Added cover system, also indicators on cover level.

Moved to physics based movement system to help in the future. Also added an "animation system" for hand and objects. Works by having a parent take in another object, and lerp the object between the positions of all of it's children (plus there are some stats such as speed and a boolean saying whether or not repeat the animation). I think this will be good for the future when I want to have little animation to show actions.

Lastly I adjusted scripts so they now they work in multiplayer as well.

Next I will work on inventory and equipment.

I've done that and a lot more before, just redoing everything with a maintainable, cross platform architecture.

XNA is dead so it should be Monogame.
Pygame is shit.
Allegro is the worst or at least the least popular of the big 3 native libraries (the other two being SDL and SFML).

Monogame deserves to be up there as much as LOVE does.

nice

Nobody is forcing you to share your game development progress on this Chinese cartoon board.

Because the ship is a child of the planet GameObject, so it moves with it by default but the camera is not because the camera's rotation is being explicitly set every frame (from the input). I'm going to have to add the orbital rotation speed to the camera's rotation.

For .

Looks great user. Not sold on the cover system, since how are you in cover from the south when the occluding object is to your north. Seems like it's more intuitive to know that the object blocks projectiles, no need for the shield icon.

>Why isn't your cam maintaining the same rotation as your ship when you zoom in?
This would be a very bad idea, but space strategy user is right that the camera rotation should rotate with the planet.

Continuing on to this, I want someones opinion on how I do cover.

Basically "cover" is a percent chance for a projectile to pass through it. Very low, low, medium, high, very high, and full all give 10, 25, 40, 60, 75, and 100% chance to block an incoming projectile respectively.

Armor and damage calculations are all done on hit.

What's your opinion on this system?

Also, do you like having cover icons?

Some extra notes, guns jsut don't shoot in a direct line, they vary based on a mixture of control and accuracy,

Is better if you use an external dll. But like said, if is your first time using gm go for something way smaller. Online games require a lot of experience since you have to plan a lot of stuff.

>shaming devs

>write a canvas app
>runs very slow on firefox, sometimes as bad as 1 fps
>think i just coded it badly
>runs very fast on chrome, usually 60 fps
wew

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Shiphack
Dev: vestigial
Tools: Unity
Web: vestigialdevelopment.com
Progress:
+ Greenlight started
- No demo for dd11

Good luck

How isn't allegro an engine?
>Allegro is a cross-platform library mainly aimed at video game and multimedia programming.

>Monogame deserves to be up there as much as LOVE does.
I don't disagree, still doesn't make it an engine.

Thank you!

The cover system is also for two other reason, first for the AI to use. And 2nd to give a boost to control which is basically the inverse of accuracy. higher it is, better accuracy and it's increased by aiming in, being in cover, etc and lowed by running, getting shot, etc.

As you can see from my comment here cover also only blocks projectile based on the level of cover, not necessarily blocking all projectiles (except for full cover).

It's a basic library, it's not even a framework (like XNA) and it's definitely not an engine

>Allegro is a cross-platform library
>library

That means it's not an engine, user.

Hm. Well I guess I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what an engine is then.

Think of allegro like walls and engines like a house.

Allegro can be used to develop engines, in perhaps an unlimited number of ways, but just by it's self it's not an engine.

Of course someone can still build shelter out of it, you can definitely get a running game jsut with the package, but it's not an engine

So I got a question here

I got this controller blueprint here. I want the character to move to the clicked point but only when the mouse button is held down. I thought this gate opening only when the button was pressed and closing when it was released would do it.

But it doesn't

It will actively fight against my attempts to move the character with the WASD keys until the actor reaches the clicked location regardless of whether or not the mouse button is still being held down

Send help.

If Allegro isn't an engine, neither is LÖVE

you have to call StopMovement on the character's movement component when the mouse is released

Love isn't an engine.

Exactly. Why is it in the OP under *engines*? That's what this argument is about. Learn to read.

LÖVE is more like a framework though. It has a renderer. It's kinda like Ogre.

Thanks for that. It works now

I'm going to change it so that it proceeds as normal until it receives input from the directional keys now. Shouldn't be difficult

just making some last-minute high-quality icons for the demo

>Shouldn't be difficult
Now the directional keys don't work at all even if I completely delete the events from the controller (Directional movement is handled by the character at the moment) and make it like it was before I messed with it.

Well I have no idea what the issue is so I can't ask for help. Oh well

Nevermind. I found the issue

I'm thinking of making a story based first person game. Think it would sell?

How many lesbians does it have?

Seriously, though, it would need a really good story and have very good word of mouth to sell half a damn

----[ Recap ]----
Game: City Night
Dev: Anonymous
Tools: C, Allegro, SDL
Web: No
Progress:
+ Finished my spriting tool
+ Vowed to never nodev again
- Nodevved for 2 months

Maybe . Depends on execution

3 hours to go who is ready

me

WE

wrong board

What about a murder mystery where your responses change the culprit, up to it being yourself?

Have fun with that narrative nightmare

You ever write before?

Well that's a real shit place to start

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Ctesiphon
Dev: Stomy
Tools: LibGDX, GtkRadiant, Blender, GIMP
Web: stomygame.tumblr.com
Progress:
+ Added unique reloading and ammo pickup sounds for the shotgun
- Currently moving house, so while I'll have demo, it will be another minimal change
from last time

I- I'll start working on a game for Demo Day 12
starting tomorrow.

Make one for DD11 now.

Now that someone made aggydaggy.com I'll probably just not renew vidyadev.com since I never did anything with it. (it expires 11/25)

Was that where the original tracker was?

Congrats on Greenlight! Link?

Yeah. I grabbed it after it expired from the original owner and I was going to restore it, but I turned out to be too lazy to do that.

Thanks user, its taken around 2.5 years
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/stats/795765733

Thanks user, its taken around 2.5 years
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795765733

One more progress update for today: My game now features skeletons. They attack the player, but neither you nor they have health yet so nothing happens. I'm still enjoying the learning but I do get what that user meant when they said it wouldn't last, it's like disassembling a logic puzzle every time I hit a roadblock and that's not so much fun.

looks like the poor skeleton just doesn't have it in him to hurt the player

They're very timid skeletons, the first enemy the player encounters. I'll probably make meaner and more aggressive skeletons for later on. My game will have a lot of skeletons in it.

slept three hours, I'm ready to go, what you got.

depression and ambition

come on now, buck up.
youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU

translations are suffering.

youtube.com/watch?v=rziG2gn-eQ0

yes you can.

2 hours

when is the next demo day after this one? I would love to put a demo up, but i'm not sure if i'll make it (working on it less than a week)

who /ready for demo day/ here?

every 2 months, so early january

Not me!