/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction is now available in Japan, the US and Europe, as are the Es and Mai DLCs.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

1st for Izzy!

I'm gonna fuck this and make Nine and Platinum watch.

Reminder that
>You will never get to receive daily headpats from Ragna
>You will never get to hug Ragna every day
>You will never get to hold hands with Ragna every day

Lord Kagura...

same

Reminder that Kagura is all talk

Thanks user that made me smile

My favorite girl.

Remember to go easy on your hands!

I love Izzy! Every thread!

Is it safe to say Noel became a nun because she sensed a strange person she loved but can't quite

She's waiting for someone. She doesn't remember who that someone is, but she'll wait for him forever if she has to. Until the day she can finally see him again.

Izanami basically has locked HP until Mu and Ragna cheat her cheats.
I mean, Terumi, Azrael couldn't do shit, Hakumen was all like 'All I gotta do is hit you until you get tired of living' and even then he gave up.
I approve of bullying Kagura despite the facts

Nice

She became a nun to get out of the NOL, which she only joined to restore her family's privileges, and to take care of her two sisters. They're not actually religious nuns, no more than Celica was.

quit making me wait

I told you that Naoto is for maining

Would you have a civil union with this man?

Stop bullying him. Lord Kagura greatest and most courageous man there is.

And to so her parents wont have to worry about their daughter possibly dying in some stupid NOL squabble.

Im back! After avoiding the general to avoid spoilers all this time.
Story was actually pretty good. I was sad Izzy died so early on though.
I can't be the only one who had NO CLUE why Es was there right? at least Naoto was explained.

Would she grant me death?

Guard the Azure, while Terumi was having the time of his life, and fail miserably?

You're lord is a weak man

Es was there to do one thing and that was the guard the gate.

Reminder to make and upload blockstrings so your fellow anons can practice better!
Make your replay slots, 4 routes, one for each slot. To save your replay data, go to the Training tab (6th tab), toggle the second option to set it to random if it isn't already, and select the second to last option. Select a slot to save. It will open a Menu, first option is title, second is Yes, third is No. Make a name then hit the second.
save with a filename that says the character (use RG for Ragna for example), and blockstring starter. Use KND if it's a oki on wakeup thing where you have to get hit by the first attack then try to block/escape.
Then go to Forum, that's the second to last option on the Network Menu. Open it, hit square, you should be brought to a menu. Go to the third option and pick the fourth on the list (Asia). That's the filter we'll look for when looking for uploads.
Press the second to last option in menu after to apply filter.
Hit R2 to go to the training tab. Press Triangle to create, select the second option in that menu. Title is first field (include /blaz/ in it so we can find it, though Asia's pretty dead so it should be easy), comments in second (list things like won't work if barrier/what gaps there are in certain slots and stuff if you want), last field is the data, select that and upload your recording. Press triangle again and select the top option to submit.

For anons who want to download the data, open Forum and filter for Asia like before. Hit R2 to view the training tab. Hit X to open the data and x to save.

There is a limit of one upload per user, so all blockstrings are welcome even if others play your character better!
I get the feeling I should be making more strings to promote this but, I'm terrible at learning characters and my sub doesn't have any difficult to react to mixup aside from the char specific IOH that never lands in a match

Es's role was to guard the Gate until Ragna got there.

fug i missed up

How many times do I have to tell you that I mash buttons old man?!

He is not! Lord Kagura is strong where it counts. Well. Except against women, sometimes. I'll do my best to defend him.

She's basically just there to guard the gate until Ragna can become the real gatekeeper and Man of the Azure. Kind of useless, you could've replaced her with any new character to be the gatekeeper.

I bet she would user!
Yeah thats what she did alright.
I just don't understand why. I thought she was just some robot that like pudding.
Is this a "read the manga" thing?

Xblaze, mostly.

>Es' arcade is her trying to figure out why she's there
>as soon as she finds Ragna she tries to get him to take her crappy job
>Azure Will just goes "nope not ready, you're in this until you get the shit beaten out of you, THEN you lose the job so your death is certain"
Es had a hard stay in the Blazblue world.

Why exactly did Izanami lose to Ragna and Noel? Ragna said something like she lost the moment she really tried to kill him, what's that mean?

Ragna is convinced that Izanami's real dream is for him to kill Noel and obtain the True Azure. But she tried to kill him, so that means she gave up on her dream and weakened herself. After that, he could force Izanami to fuse with Noel with Noel as the ascendant personality.

That's stupid
Ragna's stupid
His Dream Eater power is stupid
Mori's fucking stupid
Blazblue more like blazstupidblue
stupid fucking video game

He was also using an inverted version of his his usual blazblue, what exactly was he sucking out of Izanami, her seithr?

No idea, but he used the Idea Engine to invert the BlazBlue and turn Mu into Noel back CS too. I don't think he sucked anything out of her except maybe her dream.
Yeah, Soul Eater being able to devour memories is something that came completely out of left field. It's pretty tacked on.

Soul = Memories = Azure
Basically, they're all made up of the same thing. Being able to devour one naturally means you can devour the others as well.

How do you Nendo collectors do it? Trying to make her little hands hold the small guns without too much force was a little frustrating. Maybe I'm just too used to clicky gundam model kit pieces?

The LE case is pretty nice though, and Mori is an absolute madman for having the slip-off cover take off their coats/sleeves.

Full size Nendo's are so much better. This one made me glad I didn't get the LE.

If you do the transitive property thing then life force = soul = memories = Azure = seithr = everything can be broken down to seithr, and then who gives a fuck about needing to gather souls to smelt Murakumo Units? Just absorb a shitload of seithr instead. It's stupid. And devouring memories was a power Soul Eater never once demonstrated before this game, because Mori pulled it out of his ass.

In its strongest state, yes, Soul Eater can break shit down into seithr and absorb everything. Ragna, however, never uses this property.

user, Soul Eater is portable Cauldron. It's a Boundary in and of itself. If you think about it logically, being able to fuck with memories should obviously be something it's capable of.

Cauldrons fuck with your memories by giving them back or overloading you with information from the Boundary. They were never once shown to actually take memories. Even if it was always an idea of Mori's, he did a terrible job of showing it because Ragna has never once used Soul Eater to take a person's memories before CF. And all the Drive stuff is obviously cobbled together because it was never present before XBlaze and CP.

Well, that's due to the IDEA Engine. The IDEA Engine changes the way the Azure Grimoire circulates power. That's why it was able to reverse Mu's smelting back in BBCS. That's basically what Ragna's been doing in BBCF. He's heavily abusing the IDEA Engine in using it to force the Azure Grimoire to do things it wasn't necessarily designed to do. Reversing its power so-to-speak.

hotglue it.

so im a colossal snakefag, but is it wrong of me to be really unsatisfied with central fiction's ending? I mean sure, terumi got to be the final boss, get back susanoo, etc etc but I feel like it was so out of left field, not built up at all throughout the games, and then ends too quickly, being stopped by vague odd reasons.

I'm glad Terumi was able to have a backstory this game and a reason as to why he's crazy as fuck, and in fact I like what he has this game; I just feel like the execution was god awful and only thrown in there because Mori forgot about all the other plot threads lusting over one of seventeen of ragna's sisters.

on a side note, I liked Izanami's development this game, she seemed like more than just 'generic death goddess' this time around

The moment it was revealed that the Susanoo Unit was originally Terumi's, we should have expected him to get it back sooner or later.

>it was so out of left field, not built up at all throughout the games, and then ends too quickly, being stopped by vague odd reasons.
Ever since his Astral in his debut as a playable character in CP and the hype of getting his old body back in the Arcade endings, I've always expected him to get it back.

>get cornered by Nine
>an infinite amount of fucking shit begins pouring out of every angle and starts flying at me
Okay what do you do here

Ragna eats memes?

let go

Behinds how close she is to you.

It's not so much that he gets it back is what I think came out of left field as much as his role in the story. I mean, he spends 90% of the game having terminal spiritual ass cancer and then, thanks in no part to the events of the game nor any planning on his own part until the last second, he worms his way in to the final boss. Like, I adore he got the honors but it just seems like poorly set up; not what he is, but rather how it actually came to manifest, if that makes sense.

It should've been directly addressed at least once yeah, even something like a throway line in story mode of him being a previous user of the Susanoo Unit, though it's always been hinted he's Susanoo. He calls himself Takehaya Susanoo no Mikoto in CS arcade, Noel calls him Dark Susanoo a few times, he tells Hakumen that it was his body for a long time, etc. The annoying thing is, you have to hunt for this information.

What his arcade basically has him go through is get rejected by Hazama while the latter goes about this thing, and Terumi goes on a magical journey to the Alucard House and find Hihirokane. Guess it took him a while

Is there anything in the arcade mode acts that are revelant and missing from story mode?

You don't have to hunt for anything. You'd naturally come across all that information just by playing BBCS' story mode. The only way you could miss it is if you weren't paying attention.

Being yellow is the fucking worst.
>oranges one and done you once they realize you're not an orange-tier player who got deranked
>greens tend to avoid you or play just once
>other yellows hardly exist since they're usually deranked oranges, also shittalk the most
Having a color should be optional

this is true, but the arcades are also not canon and often have way more interesting plot developments than the actual story mode in this game, i.e. Hibiki's whole zodiac killer subplot and him talking to Hazama even once.

Basically, my big complaint is that save for the pure purposes of 'we need to solve the Terumi Problem', there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason in a story telling sense for Terumi to do his run in. This wasn't part of his plan; in fact, if the heroes didn't save the world, he would have been just as fucked as them until the last second. It feels bad, because as much as I love Susan and Terumi, it seems like their inclusion and usage in the story was an afterthought.

>Having a color should be optional
It is, throw games until Light Blue

t. Blue who plays against Pinks

>Lobbies nearly daily on CPEX when CF was on Act 3
>CF is finally out and hardly any lobbies
Is everyone waiting for CFEX or something?

This is was I'm happy as fuck I got deranked back to light green. I didn't deserve yellow anyway, my skill level is dark-light green at best.

It WAS part of his plan, though. He didn't want the world to be saved to begin with. The Doomsday was a necessary part of his plan. He needed to get Noel to open the Gate somehow so that he could reach the Azure. As long as the Doomsday was in effect, once he obtained the true Azure, he could shape the world however he liked.

>Naoto's optimal basic midscreens
>That 5D Cancel
Lord help me.

Dude we've had daily lobbies for days.

Why does anyone play Arakune? Do they enjoy spreading misery

Will they ever let Bullet be a good character?

I must have missed the posts then

Not him but last time I went to /blaz/'s lobby, no one even mentioned it in the thread, it was just up. Sometimes you just have to check yourself I guess

I'll be sure to do that then

I want to see Izzy with huge honkin' tits.

What're you. gay? DFC is life.

Yes, in the upcoming Jubei/Justice update

I do not understand the appeal. How can you be attracted to literally nothing? Flat, featureless surface

Getting slapped in the face by tits leaking milk has been scientifically proven to increase your win rate in unranked matches by 69%.

How do you want your death senpai?

she's looking a bit faint chap, I think she could use a slice of pizza.

I need Nine and Izzy's Sprites damn it.
I love Nine's walkback animation

>You'll never take Izzy out on a pizza date

JUST

how would death eat

Flat chest don't necessarily mean nothing. Sure it's a lack of breasts but not all of them have to be up to Blazblue's enormous standards. As long as someone doesn't have a flat ass, then they're fine with whatever chest size they have.

Izzy has other fine points like her legs. Even if the outline of her pelvis is caused by her doll-body, I still find that really attractive.

Ass>Tits

>when they pick a song that's not END GAZER

>They pick Variable Heart

i wouldn't mind

Bang!

I second this

How do we get Mori to restore Bang to his former glory?

tfw you realize that bang wins more fights than Terumi in BBCF

Susanoo beat the hell out of Es so it's enough to make up for all the other losses

>he didn't save the naoto version made by a /blaz/ poster
fucking TRAITOR

Do either of you have it?

Anyone got any Celica pics? specifically her with Ragna? all Celica welcome.

>make fun of dubfags
>finally get the game and go through story mode
>immediate feel sad that i don't get to here the nice dub
>barely got to Jin being bedridden before skipping through the story

I'm sorry. You guys were right. Why is ASW so incompetent.

MUH MICRODASHES

KOF DOES NOT BELONG IN BB ANYWAY

>any character harder to play than Carl or Rachel
Naoto memers need not apply

Rachel isn't even that hard. Izanami is harder than Rachel.

Does anyone even player Carl or Rachel here?