/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Meg is best girl edition.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like Evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>Official Wiki
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.2.1b)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/340412628171580889/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

All girls but Claudette are best girl.

Nurse is best girl because she wears a bag on her head, the rest leave their manface on full display.

Yeah fuck Claudette. Every time I see a Claudette in this game I picture a smug neckbeard loser slowly stroking his cock as the killer walks by him and if spotted he will run to a pallet or even an infinite sending him over the edge as spurts of cum ripple out of his erect penis.

But Meg and Nea's faces are cute.

Laurie a cute.

Why should I play fair as a killer, everyone gets away. It's fucking retarded.

>nea
>cute
>arnold crossdressing
>cute

The goal of the game is not kill everyone but to make the experience as movie like as possible and to accumulate points. Even if they all escape and you gave them a tough time then you are having fun (=

But if it's movie like only one should get away ever.

And they probably shouldn't teabag and taunt the killer at the end, either.

I go for maximum death even if it means less points because I don't want a situation where I did really well, hooked three people three times each, and the one guy I hooked twice just barely made it out and decides to sour it by taunting.

No there are movies where one gets away, none get away, and sometimes more than one get away. The most common is one, but still the point is to make the game fun for everyone not to just slaughter the survivors in 2 seconds and laugh and spit in their face.

This is movie like as well and sometimes it comes back to bite them in the ass. How many times you seen that asshole? "haha fucker I made it!" and then the killer stabs him and kills him from nowhere.

Except that doesn't happen in DbD because they do it at the threshold of the exit. I can count the number of times I managed to kill an exit teabagger on one hand.

>the point is to make the game fun for everyone
I don't have fun catching everyone 3-4 times when they're all running sprint burst, self-care and decisive strike.

I don't have fun getting lead through pallet town and having no counter whatsoever for it unless I play as the new killer.

I don't have fun facing 4 man SWF teams coordinating with voice chat, all with add-ons modified to allow for instant heals and other bullshit.

Survivors want an easy game, nothing more.

Because you are part of the problem, you want easy mode as much as survivors want easy mode and so you create a negative chi that infests the entire community. Instead of playing honorable and fun you betray the community and give in to your anger and bitterness which in turn causes others to succumb as well.

I don't want easy mode as a killer, I want a fun game. I want a game where catching a survivor is fun rather than frustrating, where I have fun even when I only get 2 kills. That doesn't happen. At high rank play I don't have fun even when I wipe the whole group. I don't have fun in high-rank survivor games either, because the killer doesn't stand a chance and isn't threatening. The only threat is that he may camp me out of desperation.

It's the worse when everyone gets away.

I did slightly a little camping on my last hook because the exit gates were powered on at this point and I literally hooked everyone multiple times so theres no way I was letting them walk off with my only kill. Stupid Claudette let me stare her down until EW3 where I proceeded to shank her ass and then turned out Meg wasn't far but she kind of let me hit which was weird.

No one said anything at the end of the game so not sure if they all called me a camper before I was able to read chat or not.

Nea has a nice, fat ass like Meg though. That and her and Meg whimper real cute like.

Almost a good game, had to go and get 4 bold points though. RUINED

I lost a pip this game because I was literally the only one repairing gens and avoiding the killer but got a little unlucky/outplayed after the final gen.

Meanwhile idiots who get caught and perform some of the most horrible hook "saves" I've seen pip.

A point rework couldn't happen soon enough.

How exactly do you avoid the killer while working on gens? Do you just approach the direction they're coming from and go around a wall just as they do?

That is what I do most of the time yes. It's a bit harder without spine chill or premonition though, especially against Myers. Lately I'll make a decision something like "I haven't seen him for about 30 seconds, I'm gonna get off this gen and look for him from a safe location." Then once I learn where he is or he does a pass by my gen I'll get back on it.

Or I'll just leave that gen entirely and move onto another one in hopes he'll find the one i put progress on and waste time searching there, then I more again after a bit onto yet another one and so on.

The problem with this is that every moment spent doing this is a moment not spent repairing generators. If you can't get 2 popped before your idiot team dies, no hatch. And the last guy will probably just hide in a corner and hope you die, so you really need to try to repair all 5.

And obviously the approaching where they're coming from only works when you're concealed from that direction. But it's still VERY successful if you continue to move in the direction they came from slow and low. Urban Evasion actually helped me out with that a bit even though I give the perk shit.

Yeah but if they're actively dying then I don't lose the knowledge of the killer's location so I don't get off the gens. I pretty much always get at least two gens unless I just give up.

And on top of that, the less gens that are started, the easier it is to start one. So two is really never a problem.

STRUGGLE

So can we all agree that the new lodout sucks? Takes way more clicks to get around to where you want to be. If you were in a bloodweb section and changed the character using the portrait, you would end up in that characters bloodweb. Now everytime you're forced to click the survivors icon, pick the survivor and then chose bloodweb or wherever else you wanted to go. Like the bloodweb leveling taking ages wasn't enough...

Yeah, I don't get why they changed it. Did the old version confuse new players because they couldn't figure out what was clickable?

Yes. It looks better, but it's slower to use.

I've actually already gotten used to it, was just thinking the other day how I'm ok with it.

god the map is useless, and still bugged...

are you havin a giggle m8?

What's the Trapper's intention here with the two traps? Is this back from when you could unhook before disarming?

if you double trap now there's practically ZERO chance of saving that person before the trapper gets there since you have to disarm both traps before you can unhook them.

On another note. I just had a game where I lef a deerstalker trapper on a wild goose chase crawling around away from the jake that was left so he could repair a generator and leave. from full health to getting picked up to getting hooked, to hanging there until struggle to 650 struggle points and he broke a single trap and did nothing else.

Oh and he just stepped in a trap walking up to the hatch.

Why do you have to disarm the trap the trapper places in that webm? Does the rescuer end up on top of it after the hooking is done?

I've seen it happen, not consistently, but it happens. I mean you may get some altruism in the process but somebody is going on that hook again for sure.

So I guess I should say normal people have zero chance. you're not going to risk free save that person. I always slowly approach hooks and disarm before saving so two traps is a real bother because I don't want to take that risk of potentially being pushed into the second trap. But disarming both guarantees the trapper showing up as well since he's NOT going far, he double trapped so he could get an easy trap and re-hook so he's not gonna be far.

Sounds like people play Trapper just to ensure that once you hook someone, they're dead. They certainly don't do much in the way of trapping areas.

Which is a shame because that's why I play trapper, to get those clever traps that people don't expect. Like Saturday I got a trap capture that was just literally in the corner of the map. Just found a corner that had grass up against it and a couple minutes later, SNAP. That same game I had to place a trap in grass near a hook to pick up the one below the hook and reset it below the survivor. Someone elected not to disarm the trap even though I walked away because I like points and then a third guy stepped into the other trap near the hook when he moved in to untrap the 2nd guy. Ahhhh what a game.

ded

The best games are the games where two people die, a third is likely to die, and you manage to open the door, go back for them, save them and escape together. It's also the only time I don't mind failing to kill everyone.

by

dawn

literally dying by daylight

Well not like the game isn't hella complex. Currently everything is pretty straight forward and there's little to no variety.

Devs are doing their best to kill the game and it's working

hnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

you're being nice to the other survivors, right? I don't want to ban you for Harassment

How do I into Nurse guys?I just keep missing blinks by miles and this is turning ridiculous...

>Match Starts
>Survivors have 2 claudettes and one hook fucker
>I try to have fun as a killer and not camp
>literally 3 survivors going in every time I hook one
>Fuckers have curse since no way in hell you do 3 generators at the same time without communications
>They tea-bag when leaving
Survivor purge when?

don't think there's any non ironic nurse players around here, even more so after the last nerfs

But I like camping and saying it was gg.

Soon, all the survivors that switched to mm for easy points will get banned by reports from current survivors. Also you're getting banned for not playing survivor.

I just barely managed to win a game as her but she almost dies after every blink,that fatigue mechanic is broken as fuck.

PERMANENT CHAT BAN

if u werent shit ud kill everyone as hillbilly but ur shit so u resort to nurse

I don't play Nurse though, it was just an image.

Boy oh boy I love it when my last teammate abandons me on the hook after I saved him twice. Fucker.

Practice.

I know that's not much of an answer, but it's true.

This is why i've stopped being a hero. I just go work on Gens when someone gets hooked. Let those other fuckers save them, even if they've gotten me off the hook before.

Practice with the plaid flannel as training wheels to get a feel for how the blink location moves as you charge it.

My normal philosophy is

If they deserve the save (not an infiniter or self care pallet warrior, etc.) AND the killer isn't camping AND I have 7K points already OR I will get to 7K from saving them, I'll go for it every time. Otherwise it's' a case by case basis of if it's worth my time

Even more so if I ever get No One Left Behind and We'll Make It to rank 3 again.

Guys,would you say that Killers are fairly balanced ,overpowered or underpowered right now?I'd say Trapper,Hilly and MM are in a decent spot but Nurse and Wraith could use some love.

Aside from A couple of myers add-ons being a bit much I pretty much agree with you.

Joe got Mori'd lmao

Overpowered.

Trapper is underpowered since his ability can be completely removed from the game.
>Muh """"""stats"""""""

when are the faggot devs going to institute the report function so i can get permabanned for facecamping and then talking shit?

Nurse and Wraith are underpowered, the others are fine.

However, on average, killers are overpowered at low levels of play and survivors are disgustingly overpowered at high levels of play. Even Myers doesn't have a chance against a 4 man SWF group running the meta perks.

How do we fix Wraith?

You can start by making him not get hard countered by spine chill and premonition. But his main weakness is his lack of chasing abilities. This game is all about the chase, and the chase favours survivors because of the meme meta.

Start in cloak
Increase move speed slightly for better chase potential
Allow cloak form to pass through objects

Played a game earlier as Dwight. Myers is carrying Claudette, spots me and knocks me down in one blow. He drops her and then picks me up and hooks me and then goes back for her. He must not have liked Dwights. Assuming it was one of you.

I don't like him either. Was playing him for the daily. Meg/Billy all day every day.

I can see you like to go fast.

I actually haven't gotten that far with Meg. Level 7 I think? I just think she's a qt.

For Billy, yeah. His chainsaw is damn satisfying to land. After trying all the killers (except for Myers when I buy the dlc on payday), he was the one I had most success and fun with.

If we're ranking Survivors from how cool they are then
Meg>Nea>Dwight>Jake>Laurie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literally nothing.

Nothing's as satisfying as hearing the sounds of a trap right after the bitch tried to infinite you

wraith is fun
ding dong

Well isn't this going to be fun?

I like Claudette.

EBONY MEMENTO MORI
Literally kill yourself for such shit taste.

Science Claudette, particularly.

I didn't have one
But I got one of them rather early, and then they all rushed to the basement like idiots to unhook so I ended with 3 kills without a real chance to leave the shed.
Seriously, you leave, wait a second, turn and see one coming in through te window. how gredy can they be?

Is it just me or is haddonfield somewhat laggy compared to the other maps?

How can a map be laggy?

this thread is shit

Sorry wrong thread. Do not watch this

gotta kill it till patches, or go full /slasher games general/

Or just wait two hours for the shitstorm when DS comes to the shrine

my facecamps are ready

Two hours till i get bond wooooooo

Fuck you, I do what I want. I'll loop it endlessly in another tab just to spite you.